Karl Amoussou can’t predict the future -- not exactly, anyway.

He doesn’t claim to know how he will end David Rickels’ evening in their welterweight semifinal matchup at Bellator 69 tonight. He only knows that he will be triumphant at the bout’s violent conclusion -- because the man known as “Psycho” considers himself to be a force of nature.

“I don't know if it will be a submission or a knockout in this fight with Rickels. The only thing I can say is that at the end of the fight he'll be lying in his own blood, asking himself if what just happened to him really happened,” Amoussou recently told Sherdog.com. “He already knows that a tornado is going to hit him, and he accepts it. There's nothing he can do to stop it. He's in its direct path.”

Amoussou demonstrated his brutal tendencies with a first-round submission of Chris Lozano at Bellator 63. The Haute Tension representative set the tone in that bout by blasting Lozano with a head kick that had the Ohioan bleeding profusely in the fight’s early moments. From there, it was just a matter of time before the Frenchman sealed the deal with a rear-naked choke.

“In my fight with Lozano, I sent the message that I’m the best Bellator fighter in this weight class. I also showed that I don't step in the cage to win a fight but to destroy my opponent,” Amoussou recalled. “This is what is going to happen to every single fighter Bellator puts in front of me. My fights are brutal, spectacular, bloody and violent, and the pressure I put on my opponent is not only physical but also mental.”

That same night that Amoussou dispatched Lozano, Rickels put forth an impressive showing of his own, knocking out “Ultimate Fighter” Season 11 alum Jordan Smith in just 22 seconds. It was the 10th consecutive victory for the 23-year-old Kansas native, who has finished all but two of his opponents since his professional career began in February 2010. Still, Amoussou doesn’t feel that “The Caveman” has done enough to earn his respect.

“I definitely wasn't impressed with Rickels in his fight against Jordan Smith. He has no power in his hands, and his ground game is medium. We are on two different levels, and I’m going to show that during this fight,” Amoussou said. “I don't care about Rickels. I don't respect him and don't even consider him as an opponent. He's only a step for me. I'll destroy him. I know it, and he knows it.”

The winner of the matchup between Amoussou and Rickels, which takes place at the L’Auberge Du Lac Casino in Lake Charles, La., will meet Bryan Baker in the 170-pound final. With the stakes being so great, “Psycho” says that Rickels’ verbal retorts will do him no good on fight night.

“Rickels can say whatever he wants to say. I focus on my fight and don't waste my time,” he said. “My fists have more power than his poor words. Lozano said that he was going to hurt me, but that is exactly what happened to him. I don't need to hear that, either, to get more motivation; my focus is developed enough without it.”

Raphael Butler Predicts Victory Over Tony Johnson at Bellator 148

Heavyweight Raphael Butler faces Tony Johnson on the Bellator 148 main card and predicts that he'll 'get the W.' read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2131 with Scott Coker and K.J. Noons

Stream or download Thursday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Scott Coker and K.J. Noons.Filed under: Bellator, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Patricky Freire looking for quick knockout of Ryan Couture at Bellator 148

Patricky Freire was mentally wrecked after dropping his rematch with Derek Anderson in his most recent trip to the Bellator cage. He looks to bounce back tonight at Bellator 148 but has a tall order read news >>

Andy Uhrich Has ‘Nothing to Lose and Everything to Gain’ in Bellator 148 Main Event

Andy Uhrich knows he's not expected to beat Paul Daley at Bellator 148 on Friday, but he also knows that means he's got nothing to lose and everything to gain. read news >>

Bellator 148 Results: Paul Daley Picks Up Quick Finish, Fires Shots at Josh Koscheck

Paul Daley showed off his punching power when he blasted Andy Uhrich with a first-round knockout in the main event at Bellator 148 on Friday evening. read news >>

Bellator 148 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Daley vs. Uhrich

Paul "Semtex" Daley made quick work of Andy Uhrich in the main event at Bellator 148 in Fresno, California, on Friday night. The powerful British welterweight stalked his overmatched opponent and ult read news >>

Bellator 148 video: 4 KOs, including walkoffs from Paul Daley and Patricky 'Pitbull'

Friday’s Bellator 148 main card was a stoppage-heavy affair with four knockouts in four fights, including some “Knockout of the Year” candidates a month into 2016.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Fea read news >>

Lion Fight 27 video: Tiffany Van Soest's latest triumph, Jared Papazian's muay Thai debut

In addition to Bellator and Victory FC events, Friday’s slate of combat sports included the latest offering from the Lion Fight muay Thai promotion. Check out the highlights.Filed under: AXS TV Fight read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2132 with Paul Daley, Malki Kawa, Jason Lilly

Stream or download Friday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Paul Daley, Malki Kawa and Jason Lilly.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio, UFC, WSOF read news >>

Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator

His manager said Benson Henderson would be signing a new deal soon. Today, the former UFC champion went ahead and broke the news: He’s signed with Bellator.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC read news >>