The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Miesha Tate Can't Remember Loss to Amanda Nunes | MMAWeekly.com

When a fighter loses, there's usually a time to reflect. But what happens when you get rocked and don't even remember what you did in the fight? read news >>

Miesha Tate Won't Be Surprised If Amanda Nunes Beats Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

There are legitimate questions surrounding former champion Ronda Rousey's return to the Octagon on December 30 in a title fight against champion Amanda Nunes. read news >>

For Miesha Tate at UFC 205, the Student Better Not Become the Teacher

When Miesha Tate begins her bid to reclaim the UFC women’s bantamweight title, she’ll do it against a familiar charge. Raquel Pennington is on a three-fight win streak and is currently eighth on the read news >>

Despite coaching Raquel Pennington on 'TUF,' Miesha Tate sees a 'a little bit of mystery' at UFC 205

After coaching Pennington on the 18th season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Miesha Tate thinks their bantamweight their UFC 205 fight might still hold some surprises: “You still don’t know what it’s like read news >>

Miesha Tate Happy Donald Trump Was Elected (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Miesha Tate talks about her start in MMA, the best women's bantamweight, her UFC 205 fight, and said she was happy that Donald Trump was elected president. read news >>

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

Raquel Pennington giving pressure the boot ahead of UFC 205 fight with Miesha Tate

NEW YORK – Pressure? What pressure? If it exists for Raquel Pennington ahead of tonight’s historic UFC 205 card, she’s finding a way to send it packing.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 205 video: Raquel Pennington almost ripped Miesha Tate's head off but couldn't get the tap

Former women’s bantamweight champ Miesha Tate found herself in trouble more than once against Raquel Pennington, but no moment was as frightening as when Pennington lifted her well off the ground wit read news >>

Twitter reacts to Raquel Pennington's UFC 205 upset of Miesha Tate, and Tate's retirement

Raquel Pennington earned unquestionably the most significant victory of her career when she defeated former UFC champion Miesha Tate on Saturday’s UFC 205 main card at Madison Square Garden in New Yo read news >>

UFC 205 results: Raquel Pennington dominates Miesha Tate, who announces retirement

NEW YORK – Raquel Pennington dominated her former “Ultimate Fighter” coach, Miesha Tate, to open the UFC 205 pay-per-view on Saturday. Then Tate pulled a stunner.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>