The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

UFC 207 Video: The Rise of Amanda Nunes | MMAWeekly.com

Amanda Nunes won the women's bantamweight title by beating former champ Miesha Tate. Now, she defends her title for the first time against Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Training With Miesha Tate and Winning ONE Championship Title, Angela Lee is Loving Life | MMAWeekly.com

Training with Miesha Tate and winning a title for ONE Championship, 2016 has been an amazing year for Angela Lee. read news >>

Miesha Tate on ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey: If serious about MMA, 'she would've been back sooner'

Like most of the MMA world, recently retired ex-UFC champion Miesha Tate was perplexed by Ronda Rousey’s media blackout in advance of her long-awaited comeback opposite champ Amanda Nunes tonight at read news >>

Miesha Tate: 'I Think Ronda Rousey is Fighting Sort of as a Favor to the UFC' (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC bantamweight champion Miesha Tate doesn't think Ronda Rousey really wants to fight Amanda Nunes. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Makes Easy Work of Ronda Rousey (UFC 207 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

How did Amanda Nunes so easily defeat Ronda Rousey? Miesha Tate, Michael Bisping and Kenny Florian break down the big fight. read news >>

Amanda Nunes: 'That's It for Ronda Rousey' (UFC 207 video) | MMAWeekly.com

Amanda Nunes had a hand in ushering Miesha Tate into retirement, did she just do the same for Ronda Rousey? read news >>

Miesha Tate Has Nose Surgery, and It 'Feels Terrible Right Now' | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate underwent successful nose surgery on Wednesday to 'straighten that very curvy septum.' read news >>

Former Strikeforce champ Tarec Saffiedine invites ex-UFC champ Rafael dos Anjos to welterweight

Former Strikeforce champ and UFC welterweight Tarec Saffiedine would like to welcome ex-lightweight champ Rafael dos Anjos to his division. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC middleweight contender, ex-Strikeforce title challenger Tim Kennedy announces retirement

• 3 hours ago

UFC 185-pound contender and former Strikeforce title challenger Tim Kennedy is hanging up his gloves for good.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>