The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Why champ Miesha Tate is fighting Amanda Nunes, and not Holly Holm, at UFC 200

Many UFC fans expected women’s bantamweight champ Miesha Tate to face rival and former champion Ronda Rousey at July’s banner UFC 200. The UFC certainly teased the prospect.Filed under: Featured, New read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes: Why Is It Happening, and What Should Fans Think?

The women's bantamweight title picture has become a steady source of surprises over the last 12 months, and Wednesday was no different. The UFC threw fans yet another curveball with the announcement read news >>

The Comeback: Why no Holly Holm rematch? UFC champ Miesha Tate explains

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Thursday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Fea read news >>

Why is Miesha Tate Fighting Amanda Nunes at UFC 200, Not Holly Holm (Video)

UFC champion Miesha Tate explains how Amanda Nunes became her UFC 200 opponent, and discusses the stylistic match-up heading into her first title defense. read news >>

UFC champ Miesha Tate on future fight with 'Cyborg' Justino: 'A win-win situation'

Before catchweight fights became all the rage, UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate didn’t consider a bout with Cristiane Justino more than fantasy matchmaking. That’s changed, though.Filed read news >>

Amanda Nunes 'only one that deserves' title shot against UFC champ Miesha Tate

Amanda Nunes said no one has earned the chance more than herself to stand across the octagon from champion Miesha Tate and challenge for the UFC women’s bantamweight title at UFC 200.Filed under: Fea read news >>

Champ Miesha Tate Justifies Why Amanda Nunes Received UFC Title Shot

There was a long list of names that could have faced UFC champion Miesha Tate in her first title defense, so why did Amanda Nunes receive the call? read news >>

Trading Shots: Why can't anyone agree on why Miesha Tate is fighting Amanda Nunes?

In this week’s Trading Shots, differing accounts of why Miesha Tate’s first title defense will be against Amanda Nunes – not Holly Holm – raise questions about how it all came together, and what it t read news >>

With UFC belt around waist, Miesha Tate thinks she could beat Holly Holm faster

UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate keeps her title perched in front of her vanity mirror, a little reminder of what she’s accomplished when she wakes up.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Miesha Tate Has ‘Unfinished Business,’ Wants Ronda Rousey Next

UFC bantamweight champion Miesha Tate and former titleholder Ronda Rousey have quite the history, dating back to before either were in the UFC. read news >>