The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Former Strikeforce lightweight champ Josh Thomson signs with Bellator MMA

Former Strikeforce lightweight champ and seven-time UFC veteran Josh Thomson is the latest addition to the Bellator MMA roster.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Former UFC lightweight Josh Thomson expected to join Bellator MMA

Former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson is expected to sign with Bellator MMA after the UFC declined to give him a new contract. Less than two years ago, former Strikefroce LW champion J read news >>

Josh Thomson excited to sign 'fighter-friendly contract' with Bellator MMA

Former Strikeforce champion and ex-UFC lightweight Josh Thomson has officially signed with Bellator MMA. Check out what he has to say about his new home, which reunites him with Scott Coker. Bellator read news >>

Josh Thomson vs. Mike Bronzoulis added to 'Bellator 142: Dynamite'

Former Strikeforce champion Josh Thomson has been booked for his first post-UFC fight.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Josh Thomson to make Bellator debut at Dynamite September 19

News on the Bellator debut of former UFC fighter and Strikeforce champion Josh Thomson. Josh Thomson's Bellator debut has been officially announced. The former Strikeforce champion and UFC veteran wi read news >>

Amanda Nunes: 'I'm gonna finish' Miesha Tate wherever the fight goes

Amanda Nunes was surprised when she heard Holly Holm would get the next UFC women's bantamweight title shot against Ronda Rousey. After all, Nunes is ranked higher than Holm and has better wins on he read news >>

Live Chat: Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg, Josh Thomson to Bellator

This is the Promotional Malpractice Live Chat. There isn't a MMA event this weekend (sweet, merciful Jesus), but there's still lots going on in the mixed martial arts world. For starters, we now know read news >>

Dana White: UFC released Josh Thomson

Bellator officially announced Tuesday evening that it had inked MMA veteran Josh Thomson to a new multi-fight contract. In a press release to announce the move, Thomson appeared to take exception wit read news >>

Josh Thomson signs 'fighter-friendly' Bellator MMA contract, UFC unable to match offer based on Reebok/FOX partnerships

No. 11-ranked UFC lightweight Josh 'The Punk' Thomson has decided to switch sweaters, jumping ship to Bellator MMA ... "where the money is." It may comes as a shock to learn that Josh "The Punk" Thom read news >>

Bellator MMA Signs Josh Thomson to Multi-year, Multi-fight Contract

Bellator MMA announced on Tuesday that they had signed Josh “The Punk” Thomson (20-8, 1 NC) to an exclusive multi-year, multi-fight contract. read news >>