The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

UFC 200 Video: Amanda Nunes – All In

Before the biggest fight of her career against Miesha Tate at UFC 200, get an inside look at the life Amanda Nunes. read news >>

UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Miesha Tate: ‘Just Soaking It All In’

Women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate's road to the top of the UFC women's 135-pound division was a long and bumpy one. read news >>

UFC 200 Primer: Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Head-to-Toe Breakdown

Miesha Tate will defend her newly minted championship against Amanda Nunes at UFC 200 on July 9. The title tilt will be the second of three championship clashes on the card. Tate captured gold agains read news >>

Miesha Tate UFC 200 Full Media Scrum Video: Not Looking Ahead to Cyborg or Rousey

In a UFC 200 media scrum with MMAWeekly.com and others, Miesha Tate discussed her upcoming UFC 200 bout with Amanda Nunes, her first title defense. read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Miesha Tate – Warrior Code

Hear from women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate as she talks about her life as a fighter, from her humble beginnings to being on top of the sport. read news >>

Miesha Tate: ‘I Want to Beat All of the Best in the World’ (UFC 200 Video)

Women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate says that she wants be beat all of the best fighters in the world, and Amanda Nunes is next at UFC 200 on Saturday. read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 200

After years of playing second fiddle to Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate finally became the champion of the women's bantamweight division at UFC 196. Now, she'll look to use the grand stage of UFC 200 to ke read news >>

UFC 200 Is the End of a Long Road to Cashing in for Miesha Tate

Back when nobody cared, Miesha Tate was a champion. When women’s combat was almost as far underground as MMA itself in its earliest days, Tate was renowned for her grit and tenacity, her grappling ch read news >>

UFC 200 Weigh-in Results: Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Fight Card

UFC 200 is so close! In just 24 hours, the combat sports world will stand still for the biggest event in UFC history. And even though the main event has changed a few times in the last few days, the read news >>

UFC 200 Weigh-in Results: Miesha Tate Averts Missing Cut-Off; Johny Hendricks Misses Weight

Though she pushed the time limit to the wire, bantamweight champ Miesha Tate made weight for UFC 200. Johny Hendricks did not. read news >>