The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Tate on Rousey not being most dominant athlete: 'Maybe someone who took a gold medal'

Miesha Tate doesn't think Ronda Rousey should be considered the world's most dominant athlete, and gave her opinion on the whole Jon Jones situation. UFc women's bantamweight contender Miesha Tate ha read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 66 Q&A Featuring Demetrious Johnson and Miesha Tate Live on Friday at 5:45 AM ET

Prior to the UFC Fight Night 66 official weigh-in on Friday, Demetrious Johnson and Miesha Tate will field questions from the fans. read news >>

Ronda Rousey: Miesha Tate has 'made a career' out of me beating her up

After three years and two fights, the rivalry between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate has not died down. Rousey, the UFC women's bantamweight champion, had some more words for Tate in her appearance Wed read news >>

Full audio of Ronda Rousey on Howard Stern show: Miesha Tate is a c--t, Cyborg is scared, and more

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey was a recent guest on the Howard Stern radio show, promoting her new book "My Fight, Your Fight," which chronicles her read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (noon ET): UFC-PRIDE-Strikeforce-ONE Championship-Bellator vet Phil Baroni

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at noon ET with in-studio co-host Phil Baroni, who will co-host the show in the studio at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.Filed under: Bellator, MMAjunkie Radio, News read news >>

Will Joanna Jedrzejczyk play mind games with Jessica Penne? 'We'll see how she's gonna react'

Joanna Jedrzejczyk believes she had the mental edge over Carla Esparza before the two even got into the Octagon at UFC 185. "I think I broke her mentally," Jedrzejczyk told MMAFighting.com. "She didn read news >>

UFC and Strikeforce Veteran Benji Radach Returns at Bellator 137

After nearly five years on the inactive list, MMA veteran Benji Radach is returning to the cage. read news >>

Josh Thomson: I ask for higher ranked guys, and I keep getting no-names

SAN JOSE – UFC lightweight Josh Thomson says his motivation to be a fighter hasn’t necessarily waned in recent years, but now, he’s thinking about the next chapter of his life. Filed under: Featured, read news >>

Monday Morning Hangover: Sarah Kaufman loses to Alexis Davis, but was her mind on Miesha Tate?

Another weekend of fisticuffs has come and gone as UFC 186 stormed Bell Centre last Saturday (April 25, 2015) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Plenty of fighters were left licking their wounds, including read news >>