The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Josh Thomson might be retired right now if not for Scott Coker's Bellator vision

Josh Thomson has sat down on multiple occasions with Bellator MMA president Scott Coker and matchmaker Rich Chou. The talks mainly hinge around the future -- not just for Thomson, but the Bellator pr read news >>

No retirement any time soon for Tito Ortiz: 'I'm gonna go on a run as champion'

There was a time not too long ago when Tito Ortiz's goal was to just win the Bellator MMA light heavyweight title. The MMA legend wanted to get the belt, defend it maybe once or twice and then ride o read news >>

Combate Americas: Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc on Miesha Tate, Katy Collins, HOOKnSHOOT, and more

Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc retired from mixed martial arts (MMA) following her loss to Jodie Esquibel last November at Invicta FC 9, but she's back on September 17th to face Katy Collins on a Combate Ame read news >>

Kamuela Kirk replaces injured Isaac Vallie-Flagg against Estevan Payan at WSOF 23

Strikeforce and UFC veteran Isaac Vallie-Flagg suffered an elbow injury which has forced him out of his WSOF 23 preliminary bout with Estavan Payan.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Gina Carano joins 'Free Nick Diaz' movement, demands apology from 'tyrants' at NSAC

Former Strikeforce featherweight attraction Gina Carano, who was the "women's face of mixed martial arts (MMA)" prior to the arrival of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bantamweight Ronda Rousey, read news >>

Miesha Tate was ‘Really Bummed Out’ When Ronda Rousey Trilogy Got Shot Down

Top ranked women's bantamweight Miesha Tate says she was 'bummed out' that the UFC opted to pit Holly Holm against champion Ronda Rousey instead of her. read news >>

Bellator 142: Meet Mike Bronzoulis, the Greek 'Conor McGregor of Bellator MMA'

The script for the triumphant reunion of former Strikeforce Lightweight champion Josh Thomson and his former boss, Scott Coker, appears to already be written. Mike Bronzoulis, however, would like to read news >>

UFC fighter: Miesha Tate didn't get Rousey fight because of boyfriend Caraway

UFC bantamweight Aljamain Sterling had an interesting (facetious?) response as to why Miesha Tate didn't get a title shot vs. Ronda Rousey. UFC bantamweight Aljamain Sterling is an outspoken characte read news >>

Morning Report: Miesha Tate 'shot in the heart' over losing out on third fight with Ronda Rousey

Following her win over Jessica Eye at UFC on FOX 16 in July, Miesha Tate was awarded a third shot at women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey by UFC president Dana White. Tate lost her Strikeforce read news >>

Josh Thomson on teammate Khabib Nurmagomedov: He reminds me of a 155-pound Frankie Edgar

The resemblance, at least in "The Punk's" eyes, is uncanny. No. 3-ranked Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov (22-0) is already preparing for his return to the Octagon read news >>