The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

UFC 200 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes

Miesha Tate looks to defend her women's bantamweight title for the first time at UFC 200 against Amanda Nunes who believes she has all the skills to earn her the victory. read news >>

UFC 200 Free Fight: Miesha Tate Chokes Out Holly Holm

Relive one of the greatest fights in women's bantamweight history as Miesha Tate meets Holly Holm at UFC 196. "Cupcake" puts her title on the line for the first time at UFC 200. read news >>

Miesha Tate Comments on Ronda Rousey Ahead of UFC 200 Fight vs. Amanda Nunes

UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion Miesha Tate has branded Ronda Rousey “pouty” and has questioned whether her rival will ever return to her very best. Tate was speaking on Conan as preparations conti read news >>

Miesha Tate Video: I Need to Fight Ronda Rousey Again, I Also Want to Fight Cris Cyborg

UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate says something would be missing from her career if she didn't get to fight Ronda Rousey again. read news >>

VIDEO: Miesha Tate Preps for UFC 200 in Open Workout at Xtreme Couture

UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate goes through an early open workout ahead of her UFC 200 title defense against Amanda Nunes. read news >>

Miesha Tate Shuts Down Cris Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Talk (UFC 200 Video)

While everyone else seems to want to talk about her fighting Cris Cyborg or Ronda Rousey, UFC champ Miesha Tate will have none of it. read news >>

VIDEO: Miesha Tate is Going to Make ‘Crazy Man’ Vegas Dave Some Money

So how does Miesha Tate feel about Vegas Dave reportedly placing a million-dollar bet on her to win at UFC 200? read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Miesha Tate Breaks Down Amanda Nunes and Her Brazilian Ferocity

Miesha Tate is set to make the first defense of her bantamweight championship when she squares off with Amanda Nunes at UFC 200: Cormier vs. Jones 2 on July 9. read news >>

UFC 200 Fight Week Conference Call Replay: Tate vs. Nunes and Jedrzejczyk vs. Gadelha

Wednesday's media conference call featured Miesha Tate and Amanda Nunes, as well as Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Claudia Gadelha. read news >>