The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Miesha Tate excited about trilogy fight with Rousey: I love punching Ronda in the face

Former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate revealed her excitement for a trilogy fight against Ronda Rousey. On March 3rd, 2012, fortunes changed for two female fighters in the Strikeforce bantamweight read news >>

Coach: Miesha Tate is 'gonna get hurt' in third Ronda Rousey fight and it won't be healthy for her career

There are many people who would not be excited to see a third fight between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate. Edmond Tarverdyan is not one of those people. Rousey's coach told Ariel Helwani on Monday's e read news >>

Women's MMA Report: Tate earns UFC title shot, awaits Rousey-Correia winner

Former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate earned another shot at the UFC women’s bantamweight title with an impressive victory at UFC on FOX 16. Get that and the latest women’s MMA news inside. Filed u read news >>

Thomson Happy to Play the Spoiler on Wednesday

When Josh Thomson’s UFC Fight Night San Diego opponent Tony Ferguson tweeted that he should get off Twitter and get back to training, Thomson looked at it as yet another puzzling development in the read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2001 with Matt Brown, Jorge Masvidal, Josh Thomson, Stitch Duran

Stream or download Monday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Matt Brown, Jorge Masvidal, Josh Thomson and Stitch Duran.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Fight Night 71: Josh Thomson Frustrated with Current Role in UFC LW Division

To say Josh Thomson is fired up heading into his bout with Tony Ferguson at Fight Night 71 on Wednesday would be an understatement. It would also be one that requires a bit of clarity as well. The fo read news >>

UFC Fight Night 71 fight card: Josh Thomson vs Tony Ferguson full fight preview

Josh Thomson and Tony Ferguson will battle this Wednesday (July 15, 2015) at UFC Fight Night 71 inside Valley View Casino Center in San Diego, California. In a match up of knockout artists, what adju read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (noon ET): Jorge Masvidal, Matt Brown, Josh Thomson , Stitch Duran

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with guests Jorge Masvidal, Matt Brown, Josh Thomson and Stitch Duran.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jorge Masvidal survives In-n-Out Burger temptation, wants Matt Brown or Kim

LAS VEGAS – It seemed odd that Strikeforce and UFC veteran Jorge Masvidal would miss weight for The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale, considering he was fighting a weight class above his usual limit.Filed read news >>

TUF 21 Finale bonuses: Like 'Wonderboy' isn't gonna make $50,000 for that kick

LAS VEGAS – Stephen Thompson was among four $50,000 bonus winners at Sunday’s TUF 21 Finale event. “Wonderboy” won for a wondrous head-kick KO of Jake Ellenberger. But who else got extra checks?Filed read news >>