The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Miesha Tate Tries to Rebound Against Raquel Pennington at UFC 205

Former women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate will try to bounce back against Raquel Pennington in her first fight after losing the title at UFC 205. read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington, Belal Muhammad vs. Lyman Good added to UFC 205

Miesha Tate will face off against Raquel Pennington at UFC 205A women's bantamweight fight between former UFC champion Miesha Tate and fan favorite Raquel Pennington has officially been added to read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington slated for UFC 205 in New York City

Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate will be a part of November’s New York City debut.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Tate prepared to take first step back towards title

UFC 205 will see Miesha Tate fight Raquel Pennington at the fabled Madison Square Garden on Nov. 12. Tate lost the title to current champion Amanda Nunes and is about to begin her climb back up the b read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 bonuses: How happy is Brandon Moreno gonna be with an extra $50,000?

PORTLAND, Ore. – Brandon Moreno, Nate Marquardt, Luis Henrique de Silva and Curtis Blaydes each earned $50,000 bonuses for their efforts at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 96 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Amanda Nunes: 'I'm 100 percent gonna beat Ronda Rousey'

Amanda Nunes is looking forward to facing Ronda Rousey in December.Big news broke in the mixed martial arts industry this week as Ronda Rousey is set to return to the Octagon and challenge Amanda Nun read news >>

Dan Henderson’s Dynamite Dozen

Long established as one of MMA’s best ever, pound for pound, former PRIDE and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson finished off his storied career with a five-round epic against Michael Bisping that ea read news >>

For Jay Hieron, becoming a successful movie fighter meant forgetting how to fight

With memorable appearances under the UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator banners, Jay Hieron made a name for himself in professional MMA. Now he’s making a name in Hollywood, but it’s been a learning proce read news >>