The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Dana White Shuts Down Kelvin Gastelum's Welterweight Return

Kelvin Gastelum was impressive at UFC 188, roughing up former UFC title contender and former Strikeforce champ Nate Marquardt. Unfortunately, while he was hoping that the fight with Marquardt would b read news >>

Video: Watch UFC 188 headliner Fabricio Werdum's impressive UFC return

After a loss to Alistair Overeem in his final Strikeforce fight, Fabricio Werdum needed a good performance in his return to the UFC back in 2012. Mission accomplished.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Junior dos Santos: 'I've arrived in Mexico City to see who's gonna be my next target'

Junior dos Santos will be in attendance at UFC 188 to scope out his next opponent. Junior dos Santos believes he's next in line for a shot at the UFC heavyweight title. The Brazilian standout capture read news >>

Gilbert Melendez on Reebok deal: 'It's a bummer to see'

Former Strikeforce champ Gilbert Melendez is one of the fighters who will really be left out in the cold by the UFC's new Reebok deal and he's not terribly pleased about it. Even before the tiers wer read news >>

Trainer Javier Mendez: Cain Velasquez 'is gonna kill' Fabricio Werdum at UFC 188

Cain Velasquez's trainer Javier Mendez believes the UFC champion is on another level than his Brazilian challenger. This Saturday, Cain Velasquez will finally return to the Octagon and take on some u read news >>

Bellator 138: Bobby Lashley Predicting Early Knockout Win over James Thompson

In 2009, Strikeforce heavyweight Bobby Lashley was something of an oddity. An unknown commodity fighting for a promotion that, similarly, was trying to figure out its own identity. One part legitimat read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 results recap: Dan Henderson proves he's 'not quite done yet'

Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champ Dan Henderson dipped into the fountain of youth this past Saturday night (June 6, 2015) in order to knock out Tim Boetsch in the main event of UFC Fight Nig read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 predictions

The UFC's Fight Night series rolls on, this time in the Big Easy. Former PRIDE and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson tries to hold onto his time in the spotlight against fellow middleweight Tim Boet read news >>

UFC's Miesha Tate, Holly Holm to star in 'female version of Fight Club'

Two of the top UFC women's bantamweight fighters are reportedly set to star in a movie about underground fighting. It appears that Holly Holm and Miesha Tate are headed to the big screen. Both women' read news >>

Bellator 140: Paul 'Semtex' Daley returns for July 17 scrap against Dennis Olson

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Strikeforce welterweight slugger Paul Daley makes his return to the Bellator MMA cage when he takes on 170-pound standout Dennis Olson (14-8) on the Sp read news >>