The women’s bantamweight title bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey has garnered nearly all of the media attention in the weeks leading up to Saturday’s Strikeforce card.

Once fight night is over, however, K.J. Noons wouldn’t be surprised if the water-cooler talk centers around his co-main event tussle with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson.

“I don’t really have to say too much. My fight is always ‘Fight of the Night,’ and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show. Look at my track record,” Noons said during a recent media conference call. “I’m really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it’s gonna be a barnburner. I’m training as hard as I’ve ever trained, so I’m ready.”

The former EliteXC lightweight king was victorious in his last outing, beating Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” in December. Prior to that, the Hawaii native had lost two straight, falling to Jorge Masvidal in June and Nick Diaz in October 2010.

A win over Masvidal likely would have earned Noons a title shot against Strikeforce 155-pound titlist Gilbert Melendez, but instead it was “Gamebred” who received that opportunity. A barren Strikeforce roster allows for a quick turnaround, however, and now the winner of Noons-Thomson is being touted as the next challenger for the lightweight strap. Noons isn’t making any future reservations these days.

“I kind of put my foot in my mouth when I said I wanted a title shot and lost [to Masvidal],” he said. “I’m kind of superstitious, so I just want to concentrate on the fight ahead of me.”

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was noncommittal regarding the No. 1 contender status of the winner of Saturday’s fight, which takes place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

“Both of these guys are definitely at the top of the division. We’ll make a decision based on performances,” Coker said.

Regardless of what the future holds, the man known as “King” is looking forward to putting on a show. According to Noons, it’s a foregone conclusion that his fight will entertain the masses.

“It’s something that’s in your blood,” he said. “I’ve had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I’ve had has always been ‘Fight of the Night.’ I have a true passion for fighting and it’s going to be exciting.”

Why Miesha Tate is a Bad Match-Up for UFC Champ Holly Holm

Watch out, Holly Holm. That Miesha Tate's got some weapons in her arsenal. read news >>

Teaming with Conor McGregor Makes Miesha Tate the Smart Choice for Holly Holm

Since capturing the women’s bantamweight championship from Ronda Rousey at UFC 193, much of the discussion about Holly Holm has focused on how much she now has to lose. Conventional wisdom dictated t read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos-Conor McGregor, Holly Holm-Miesha Tate official for UFC 197 in March

UFC 197 is official. Lightweight champ Rafael dos Anjos will put his belt on the line against featherweight champ Conor McGregor in the main event, while women’s bantamweight champ Holly Holm will fa read news >>

Video: Holly Holm didn't need rematch with Rousey, content to meet Miesha Tate

LAS VEGAS – After Holly Holm obliterated the myth of Ronda Rousey at UFC 193 in November, all the talk was on the inevitable rematch. But now things have changed. Filed under: Featured, Featured Vide read news >>

Holm, Tate ready for new challenge at UFC 197

Holly Holm wants the biggest challenge available. Miesha Tate wants another shot at glory. Both get their wish at UFC 197 read news >>

Conor McGregor predicts UFC 197 vs. dos Anjos: 'I'm gonna dust him in under 1 minute'

LAS VEGAS – Conor McGregor has never backed away from bold predictions. That hasn’t changed ahead of his quest to capture a second UFC title from Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 197.Filed under: Featured, Fe read news >>

UFC 197's Miesha Tate 'anxious' to fight Holm because she's 'more dangerous' than Rousey

LAS VEGAS – After months of disappointment, Miesha Tate will finally get her shot at the UFC women’s bantamweight title when she challenges champ Holly Holm at UFC 197. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Michael Chandler negotiating new Bellator deal, wants Benson Henderson or Josh Thomson

Former Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler thinks he’s got a pretty powerful piece of leverage in negotiating a new deal with his promoter.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Rad read news >>

Kevin Harvick's reach spans sports with Miesha Tate-Holly Holm fight at UFC 197

CHARLOTTE – As luck would have it, Kevin Harvick’s worlds are set to collide in a city where good fortune often comes in handy.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator signs PRIDE, Strikeforce, veteran heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov to multi-fight deal

Two days after the announcement of one of its highest profile free-agent signings to date, Bellator continues to bolster its roster with the addition of a veteran heavyweight.Filed under: Bellator, N read news >>