Justin Gaethje - Ring of Fire 41Having been steadily building his career since debuting as an amateur in 2006, Colorado lightweight Justin Gaethje has finally arrived in a large promotion with the chance of getting national exposure after signing with the World Series of Fighting.

“I’ve been working towards those goals and had some big fights last year which set me up to get a phone call from the WSoF,” said Gaethje. “All that work is finally paying off and I’m going to a big show.

“It’s something that I’ve been waiting for and I’m pumped. I saw their first show and it was great and they have great supporters and backers, so I think it sets up for something good.”

A standout wrestler at Northern Colorado University, Gaethje told MMAWeekly.com that his continued work at Grudge Training Center has elevated him from a one-dimensional fighter to an all-around dangerous threat.

“I had to rely a lot on my wrestling when I first started out, and working at Grudge with some of the best coaches around has helped my stand-up come a long way,” said Gaethje. “I’m just working to where I’m well-rounded so (my opponents) have to worry about everything and keep them guessing.”

Gaethje’s development in his striking could play a big part in his WSoF debut on March 23 when he takes on Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante in Atlantic City, N.J., to be broadcast on the NBC Sports Network.

“JZ is a great fighter and can be a real brawler, so I’m expecting it to be a real exciting fight,” Gaethje said. “I just think I’m going to have success on my feet with my kicks and punches, and I think I’m going to be able to knock him out on the feet.

“If he wants to go to the ground, I invite him to try to take me down, which I don’t think he’ll be able to do. I think he’s going to be stuck on his feet and he’s going to get hit and he’s not going to know what to do.”

A win over a solid veteran such as Cavalcante on a nationally broadcasted event could very well be the springboard to bring Gaethje major exposure and set him up for a big run in the promotion in the coming years.

“When I signed my contract they said they wanted to build me up, but then they throw me to the wolves,” said Gaethje with a laugh. “I’m looking to win this fight convincingly and hopefully they’ll put me up for a title or somewhere close.

“I’m ready and excited to show everybody what I’ve been working my whole life for.”

Bryan Caraway%26#x2019;s career blossoming after upsetting Aljamain Sterling (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Defeating the previously unbeaten No. 4-ranked bantamweight is nothing compared to the struggles Caraway has overcome in his personal life. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 88 Results: Jeremy Stephens Spoils Renan Barao’s Featherweight Debut

Jeremy Stephens scored the biggest win of his career on Sunday night, spoiling former bantamweight champion Rena Barao's arrival at 145 pounds. read news >>

Jason Gonzalez Building Off of Time on TUF Heading into RFA 38

Jason Gonzalez got a taste of the UFC as part of a season of The Ultimate Fighter. Building off of that heading into RFA 38, he wants to get back to the UFC. read news >>

Brock Lesnar: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Fighter's Potential Return

After he reignited his professional wrestling career, it looked as though Brock Lesnar's days in UFC were over, but the 38-year-old may be nearing a return to the Octagon. Continue for updates. Lesna read news >>

Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

For the first time in his career, Michael Bisping is a UFC champion. Thanks to a left hook followed with some more shots against the cage, Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold in the first round to beco read news >>

RFA Bantamweight Champion Leandro Higo to Carry Olympic Torch in Brazil

RFA bantamweight champion Leandro Higo is set to accomplish another career highlight just 45 days after capturing RFA gold. Higo will carry the Olympic Torch. read news >>

‘Kimbo Slice’ Wanted to Be Remembered as a Family Man and as a Fighter Who Evolved

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson started his fighting career as a street fighter with heavy hands made famous by Youtube videos of his backyard brawls. read news >>

How Well Do You Remember the Career of Kimbo Slice?

Test your knowledge with a look back at the life and career of Kimbo Slice. read news >>

Ben Reiter Expecting to ‘Impose His Will’ at Bellator 156

Though he suffered the first loss of his career last November to Francisco France at Bellator 146, middleweight up-and-comer Ben Reiter doesn’t feel he was beaten in the fight. read news >>