Four-time Strikeforce veteran Julia Budd (4-2) is replacing an injured Veronica Rothenhausler and now faces Mollie Estes (1-1) at next month’s “Invicta FC 5: Penne vs. Waterson” event.
Invicta FC officials today announced the change in the 145-pound matchup. The news first was reported by The MMA Corner.
Invicta FC 5 takes place April 5 at Ameristar Casino Hotel in Kansas City, Mo. Santos vs. Muxlow is scheduled for the event’s main card, which airs via online pay-per-view.
Budd was originally expected to face Fiona Muxlow on the card. However, Muxlow was pulled from the matchup and paired up with Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos, who lost her original opponent, Ediane Gomes, also due to injury. Canadian Budd now fights for the third time under the Invicta FC banner. Her first two outings netted first-round TKO wins over Danielle West and Elina Nilsson.
Meanwhile, Estes returns to action for the first time since Invicta’s debut event in April 2012. The 37-year-old “Miss Mollie” was a big underdog in that appearance against Olympic wrestling medalist Rani Miller bought showed great durability and heart in taking the fight to the third frame before losing by TKO.
With the change, the Invicta FC 5 lineup now includes:
- Champ Jessica Penne vs. Michelle Waterson – for atomweight title
- Barb Honchak vs. Vanessa Porto – for inaugural flyweight title
- Fiona Muxlow vs. Cristiane Santos
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Leslie Smith
- Zoila Frausto Gurgel vs. Jennifer Maia
- Lauren Taylor vs. Kaitlin Young
- Julia Budd vs. Mollie Estes
- Jasminka Cive vs. Bec Hyatt
- Cassie Rodish vs. Simona Soukupova
- Jessamyn Duke vs. Miriam Nakamoto
- Katja Kankaanpaa vs. Juliana Carnerio Lima
- Mollie Estes vs. Veronica Rothenhausler
- Alexandra Chambers vs. Jodie Esquibel
- Kathina Catron vs. Rose Namajunas
For more on Invicta FC 5, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Julia Budd)
view original article >>