Josh Barnett is not a fan of Antonio Silva, but still has no interest in fighting him.

Well-traveled heavyweight Josh Barnett is well-known for speaking his mind, and his recent interview on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani was no different. The former UFC champ discussed all sorts of things from his Metamoris 4 grappling match with Dean Lister to who he'd like to face in his next trip to the octagon. While he was very complimentary of Lister and expressed a desire to fight Junior dos Santos next, one person he doesn't care for at all is Antonio Silva.

Silva went after Barnett verbally in 2011, sort of out of nowhere, when both were members of the Strikeforce roster. According to Silva, Barnett was a "filthy person". Silva recently challenged Barnett after Bigfoot's suspension is over, but Barnett was quite clear that he has no interest in that:

"I don't really care (about Silva)," Barnett explained. "Here's the thing, if you really didn't like somebody, most people think, ‘aw, well the thing is you've gotta itch for that time to get him in the cage.' Look, getting in the cage is a privilege. You're going to make money by fighting me. You're going to gain notoriety, even after I smash your face, and all I'm doing is making your life better, if you can sorta see past the face smashing.

"For me, I'm not trying to help this guy out. ... I don't like him, and I don't like the way he approached anything about what he did back in his Strikeforce days and all of that. I had never even talked about this dude. He brought up all this stuff, made this huge kerfuffle, so my response is: F him. I'm not going to help him gain any ground in any way, even by losing to me. I'm not going to get him paid. I'm not going to going to get him anything, if I can help it."

...

"It was the fact that he just started talking trash on me out of nowhere for reasons that didn't make any sense," explained Barnett. "He doesn't know me. I don't know, it was like he got super butthurt over something that didn't really make any sense -- my lack of talking to him, I guess. This isn't the Best Friend Fighting Championship. This is MMA. I don't have to be friends with everybody, but I didn't have any problem with you.

"And the funny thing was, he slags me on the mic in public, maybe 15 minutes after I had just been up there on the mic talking about how much he's improved as a fighter and continued to improve, and how impressive he was; saying basically good things, although entirely true. I didn't have to dig to find a positive thing to say about his performance against Fedor. I mean, it existed for itself. And then his very next response is to talk s--t on me. So you know what, dude, I have no understanding of where that guy comes from, what his emotional maturity really is or anything like that. But I do know, I'm not trying to help his career out. At all. Ever. Never. In fact, us even mentioning him is beyond what I'd ever do."

Well, that settles that.

Morning Report: Conor McGregor affected by death of young fan earlier this week

This is a tough one. Sadly, one of Conor McGregor's biggest fans won't be able to see him compete this weekend at UFC 189. Last month McGregor became close with a 14-year-old Irish teen battling leuk read news >>

UFC Star Conor McGregor Left Devastated as Young Fan Loses Battle with Cancer

UFC star Conor McGregor is often labelled brash and arrogant, but as Jeremy Botter revealed in his Bleacher Report exclusive this week, he is a much more complex character than that. McGregor showed read news >>

Mendes asks for Aldo's fan support in Portuguese; Jose looks forward to fighting him again

Chad Mendes made a very special request on Twitter when he asked if Jose Aldo would support him in his fight against Conor McGregor, to which the champion replied he would and is already anxious to f read news >>

Ringside roundup: Wilder on NBC, Mayweather on CBS?

Ringside Roundup returns with news and notes from the boxing world, condensed for the MMA fan. This week we talk about Al Haymon, Deontay Wilder, Floyd Mayweather, and a whole lot more. Ringside roun read news >>

'Cyborg' Justino: I never let it go to my head when people say I'm the best

Not every MMA fan thinks UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is the best female fighter in the world. Some think that title sits 10 pounds north of Rousey’s division, where Cristiane “Cybo read news >>

Fan Perspective: Is the Conor McGregor hype bubble about to burst?

This Saturday’s UFC 189 event provides Conor McGregor the opportunity to quiet a lot of doubters when he takes on Chad Mendes for the interim UFC featherweight championship.Filed under: Featured Vide read news >>

The MMA Hour - 289 - Fan questions

Ariel Helwani and Eric Jackman answer fan questions and tweets. read news >>

VIDEO: Josh Barnett Breaks Down Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia

UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett says Bethe Correia has the mental make-up to defeat bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, but does she have the tools? read news >>

UFC Heads Back to Japan on September 27 with Josh Barnett and Roy Nelson Headlining

The UFC is headed back to Japan with another stacked card headlined by heavyweight’s Josh Barnett and Roy Nelson at the Saitama Super Arena on the September 27. read news >>

The MMA Hour - 288 - Fan Questions