The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation has confirmed that Josh Barnett has been licensed for his fight this weekend against Brett Rogers in Strikeforce.

Susan Stanford from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday that Barnett had been approved for the event.

“Mr. Barnett has met all licensing requirements,” Stanford told MMAWeekly.com. “He has received a license for his fight this weekend.”

Both Barnett and Strikeforce official Scott Coker had stated several times that they saw no issue in the fighter getting licensed. The news on Tuesday was made official by the commission.

Barnett had come under fire in 2009 after a positive test for banned substances forced him out of a scheduled bout against Fedor Emelianenko in the Affliction promotion. The bout never ended up happening and Affliction eventually closed its doors.

This will be Barnett’s first fight back in the United States since that incident.

The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation also revealed that there are four fighters on the Strikeforce card that have actually not met the licensing requirements for the show, but they have until 5 p.m. Central Time on Wednesday to meet those requirements.

MMAWeekly.com will have a follow up on Wednesday to confirm that all fighters have been licensed and the fights are going ahead for Saturday’s show in Dallas.


Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
Follow
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.


Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.


view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Brock Lesnar Confirmed to Return at UFC 200

  • 24 days ago
  • 26 views

The rumors are no longer rumors, former heavyweight champion and WWE superstar Brock Lesnar is returning to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. read news >>

WWE Confirms Brock Lesnar Still Under Contract, Despite UFC 200 “One-Off Opportunity”

  • 24 days ago
  • 15 views

WWE on Saturday night confirmed that Brock Lesnar remains under contract, despite a "one-off" return to the Octagon at UFC 200. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Lifetime Ban of Ariel Helwani for Brock Lesnar Report

  • 22 days ago
  • 1986 views

UFC President Dana White confirmed that longtime MMA journalist Ariel Helwani has been banned from receiving press credentials after breaking the news on two huge fights without contacting the promot read news >>

Kevin “Kimbo Slice’ Ferguson Dead at 42

  • 22 days ago
  • 799 views

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson has passed away in a Florida hospital. Bellator MMA president Scott Coker confirmed the news on Monday evening. He was 42. read news >>

Kimbo Slice, MMA Fighter, Dies at Age 42

  • 22 days ago
  • 17 views

MMA fighter Kimbo Slice—birth name Kevin Ferguson—died on Monday at the age of 42. TMZ Sports confirmed he died but said “details surrounding [Slice’s] death are unclear.” Jonathan Snowden of Bleache read news >>

Fighters React to the Death of ‘Kimbo Slice’

  • 21 days ago
  • 86 views

The news of Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson's death was a shock to many when it was confirmed on Monday that the popular mixed martial artist had passed away in a South Florida hospital. read news >>

Watch Bas Rutten and Josh Barnett Act Out McGregor-Mayweather, Rousey-Cyborg

  • 3 days ago
  • 75 views

Bas Rutten and Josh Barnett, two guys who have shown talents in Octagon, are now exploring their acting talents. read news >>