Coming off his loss to Daniel Cormier in the Strikeforce grand prix final, Josh Barnett will try to bounce back Saturday when he takes on Nandor Guelmino in the promotion’s final event.

Ahead of the fight, Barnett joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup and more.

On Guelmino: “I know that he’s got the perfect look for a Hollywood bad guy. I don’t know why he’s bothering with this fighting crap. It seems like a total waste of time. He should be doing auditions and getting all his looks down and practicing his stunt fighting because it’s probably going to be more effective for him.”

On fighting scary opponents: “He’s not like a total idiot when it comes to fighting. He’s got some skill. He seems like he’s got athleticism. I do imagine he’s probably fairly strong … but I just know with everything I’ve done in this world, all the fights I’ve had, all the training I’ve had, all the people I’ve come across in my adventures, that this is just another one that isn’t necessarily going to stand out from the rest. You treat him like he’s a world champ, train hard and come after him 100 percent, and he goes down like the rest.”

On whether he would have rather fought a UFC heavyweight: “Who cares. Whoever was willing to fight. I don’t know. Maybe they asked some UFC heavies? Maybe they didn’t? I wasn’t a part of any of this process. I just know that they came to me and they go, ‘You’ve got a fight and this guy said he’s going to kick your ass.’ That’s as much motivation as I need for anything.”

On whether he thinks he could fight in the UFC again for Dana White: “I just do my job. To be honest, he’s somewhat the boss of the place I’m working right now. I don’t really know even how much direct contact I would have, even if I was in the UFC, with Dana necessarily. They have a whole slew of employees working for them. I don’t really think about that sort of thing. I just think about being a more efficient and brutal killing machine, and everything else should be just fine.”

On whether he’d be satisfied with his career if he retired now: “No. No, not enough. And even at the end of the day, I’m sure all that I can do from here on out, it will never be enough. That’s the only way that I can imagine that you can possibly strive to the top of the mountain.”

On the fight he would make happen or what he would do differently in his career if he could: “Mainly the Affliction one, that last fight with Fedor. That’s the one. That’s about it other than I think about what I could have done to try and be better prepared for the [Strikeforce grand prix] finals. That’s a pretty big one right there. That supersedes probably all of it, honestly. But the way things worked out are the way they worked out. I had whatever physical s--t I had to go through for that and still showed up and still fought.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:28:24).

UFC's Light Heavyweight Division Needs Jones vs. Cormier 2 Now More Than Ever

The numbers are in on Daniel Cormier’s fledgling reign over the UFC light heavyweight division and, well, they’re not great. According to longtime MMA reporter Dave Meltzer, via Bloody Elbow’s Mookie read news >>

UFC Champ Daniel Cormier Scraps Old Contract for New 8-Fight Deal

With little muss or fuss, light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has scrapped his old UFC contract for a new eight-fight deal that makes him very happy. read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2076 with Daniel Cormier

Stream or download Monday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guest Daniel Cormier.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier, UFC Agree to New Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier (17-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) signed an eight-fight contract with the organization Monday. According to Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie, Cormier met with the UFC and read news >>

Daniel Cormier signs eight-fight UFC deal, undecided on New York defense vs. Jones

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier met this past week with the UFC to discuss his future with the promotion and emerged with a new eight-fight contract that’s made him “very, very happy.”F read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (1 p.m. ET): Daniel Cormier and Daniel Straus

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Daniel Cormier and Daniel Straus.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

UFC: Jon Jones Needles Daniel Cormier over New Mexico Confrontation

Barely one week after his UFC reinstatement, Jon Jones is pulling out all the stops to irritate Daniel Cormier. Jones took to Twitter over the weekend to needle his nemesis in the context of a new ca read news >>

Jon Jones follows up on Daniel Cormier Twitter challenge: 'You on your way p-ssy?'

It looks like now that Jon Jones is back, he’s really back, using some vulgar language in following up on yesterday’s Twitter spat with Daniel Cormier.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones Continues to Poke and Prod Daniel Cormier

Never one to leave well enough alone, former champ Jon Jones continued to poke and prod current UFC champion Daniel Cormier on Saturday. read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2 Happened on Friday… on Twitter

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2 went down Friday afternoon, sort of, on Twitter. read news >>