Coming off his loss to Daniel Cormier in the Strikeforce grand prix final, Josh Barnett will try to bounce back Saturday when he takes on Nandor Guelmino in the promotion’s final event.

Ahead of the fight, Barnett joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup and more.

On Guelmino: “I know that he’s got the perfect look for a Hollywood bad guy. I don’t know why he’s bothering with this fighting crap. It seems like a total waste of time. He should be doing auditions and getting all his looks down and practicing his stunt fighting because it’s probably going to be more effective for him.”

On fighting scary opponents: “He’s not like a total idiot when it comes to fighting. He’s got some skill. He seems like he’s got athleticism. I do imagine he’s probably fairly strong … but I just know with everything I’ve done in this world, all the fights I’ve had, all the training I’ve had, all the people I’ve come across in my adventures, that this is just another one that isn’t necessarily going to stand out from the rest. You treat him like he’s a world champ, train hard and come after him 100 percent, and he goes down like the rest.”

On whether he would have rather fought a UFC heavyweight: “Who cares. Whoever was willing to fight. I don’t know. Maybe they asked some UFC heavies? Maybe they didn’t? I wasn’t a part of any of this process. I just know that they came to me and they go, ‘You’ve got a fight and this guy said he’s going to kick your ass.’ That’s as much motivation as I need for anything.”

On whether he thinks he could fight in the UFC again for Dana White: “I just do my job. To be honest, he’s somewhat the boss of the place I’m working right now. I don’t really know even how much direct contact I would have, even if I was in the UFC, with Dana necessarily. They have a whole slew of employees working for them. I don’t really think about that sort of thing. I just think about being a more efficient and brutal killing machine, and everything else should be just fine.”

On whether he’d be satisfied with his career if he retired now: “No. No, not enough. And even at the end of the day, I’m sure all that I can do from here on out, it will never be enough. That’s the only way that I can imagine that you can possibly strive to the top of the mountain.”

On the fight he would make happen or what he would do differently in his career if he could: “Mainly the Affliction one, that last fight with Fedor. That’s the one. That’s about it other than I think about what I could have done to try and be better prepared for the [Strikeforce grand prix] finals. That’s a pretty big one right there. That supersedes probably all of it, honestly. But the way things worked out are the way they worked out. I had whatever physical s--t I had to go through for that and still showed up and still fought.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:28:24).

Morning Report: Anthony Johnson responds after having his mettle questioned by Daniel Cormier

With less than a month to promote his UFC 187 title bout opposite Anthony Johnson, light heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier is getting right to business. As word came Tuesday night that the UFC had read news >>

Daniel Cormier Video: ‘Jon Did This to Himself; the Belt is Not His Anymore’

Daniel Cormier appeared on UFC Tonight on Tuesday to discuss stepping into the UFC 187 title fight and Jon Jones' recent struggles. read news >>

Daniel Cormier sends message to Jon Jones: 'Get it together, man'

One man’s misfortune can be another’s opportunity, and Daniel Cormier has been granted the opportunity to compete for a UFC title for a second consecutive fight at UFC 187.Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

Daniel Cormier Pulled for Title Shot, UFC New Orleans Headliner Unresolved

With Daniel Cormier now fighting for the light heavyweight belt at UFC 187, the New Orleans event has a gaping hole at the top of the fight card. read news >>

Jon Jones Suspended, Stripped of Title, Replaced by Daniel Cormier at UFC 187

The UFC stripped light heavyweight champion Jon Jones of his title and issued him an indefinite suspension Tuesday. Those actions came as a result of the fighter's arrest on a "felony charge of leavi read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs Daniel Cormier UFC 187 fight announced for vacant light heavyweight title with Jon Jones stripped

What a wild turn of events ... As a result of the shocking announcement on FOX Sports Live tonight that Jon Jones was stripped of his Light Heavyweight title and suspended indefinitely, a new UFC 187 read news >>

Daniel Cormier comments on UFC stripping Jones of title: ‘This is a sad day for our sport’

Newly announced UFC 187 main eventer Daniel Cormier commented on the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones of his title. On Tuesday night, the UFC announced that they would strip Jon Jones of his light-h read news >>

Jon Jones stripped of title, Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson for belt headlines UFC 187

The best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is no longer a UFC champion. The UFC stripped Jon Jones of his light heavyweight title Tuesday night in the wake of his arrest on felony hit-and-run char read news >>

Daniel Cormier reacts to Jon Jones getting stripped of title and replacing him at UFC 187

As announced on Tuesday night on "FOX Sports Live," Daniel Cormier will now fight Anthony Johnson for the undisputed UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 187 on May 23 in Las Vegas. Jon Jones was strip read news >>