Coming off his loss to Daniel Cormier in the Strikeforce grand prix final, Josh Barnett will try to bounce back Saturday when he takes on Nandor Guelmino in the promotion’s final event.

Ahead of the fight, Barnett joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup and more.

On Guelmino: “I know that he’s got the perfect look for a Hollywood bad guy. I don’t know why he’s bothering with this fighting crap. It seems like a total waste of time. He should be doing auditions and getting all his looks down and practicing his stunt fighting because it’s probably going to be more effective for him.”

On fighting scary opponents: “He’s not like a total idiot when it comes to fighting. He’s got some skill. He seems like he’s got athleticism. I do imagine he’s probably fairly strong … but I just know with everything I’ve done in this world, all the fights I’ve had, all the training I’ve had, all the people I’ve come across in my adventures, that this is just another one that isn’t necessarily going to stand out from the rest. You treat him like he’s a world champ, train hard and come after him 100 percent, and he goes down like the rest.”

On whether he would have rather fought a UFC heavyweight: “Who cares. Whoever was willing to fight. I don’t know. Maybe they asked some UFC heavies? Maybe they didn’t? I wasn’t a part of any of this process. I just know that they came to me and they go, ‘You’ve got a fight and this guy said he’s going to kick your ass.’ That’s as much motivation as I need for anything.”

On whether he thinks he could fight in the UFC again for Dana White: “I just do my job. To be honest, he’s somewhat the boss of the place I’m working right now. I don’t really know even how much direct contact I would have, even if I was in the UFC, with Dana necessarily. They have a whole slew of employees working for them. I don’t really think about that sort of thing. I just think about being a more efficient and brutal killing machine, and everything else should be just fine.”

On whether he’d be satisfied with his career if he retired now: “No. No, not enough. And even at the end of the day, I’m sure all that I can do from here on out, it will never be enough. That’s the only way that I can imagine that you can possibly strive to the top of the mountain.”

On the fight he would make happen or what he would do differently in his career if he could: “Mainly the Affliction one, that last fight with Fedor. That’s the one. That’s about it other than I think about what I could have done to try and be better prepared for the [Strikeforce grand prix] finals. That’s a pretty big one right there. That supersedes probably all of it, honestly. But the way things worked out are the way they worked out. I had whatever physical s--t I had to go through for that and still showed up and still fought.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:28:24).

UFC Fight Night 93: Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett Weigh-in Results

UFC Fight Night 93: Arlovski vs. Barnett got the green light, following Friday's weigh-ins in Hamburg, Germany. read news >>

Fight Night Arlovski vs Barnett weigh-in results

UFC Fight Night Hamburg, which is headlined by former UFC heavyweight champs Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett airs live on UFC FIGHT PASS from the Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany on Sept. 3. read news >>

Fighting for Barnett leads to fulfilling life

To Josh Barnett, fighting is more than just about a physical contest or wins and losses. It's about leading a fulfilling life. Barnett headlines Fight Night Hamburg against Andrei Arlovski on Sept. 3 read news >>

UFC Breakdown: Fight Focus Video – Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett

Former UFC fighter Dan Hardy breaks down all the potential in the main event of UFC Hamburg between Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett, which goes down Saturday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett

Before they clash in the main event of UFC Hamburg on Saturday, hear Joe Rogan breakdown the heavyweight fight between Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett. read news >>

UFC Hamburg Fight Highlights: Josh Barnett and Andrei Arlovski Rock Em, Sock Em Opener

Check out the UFC Fight Night 93 highlights from the main event between Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Results: Josh Barnett Takes Out Andrei Arlovski

Josh Barnett used size to his advantage, getting the better of Andrei Arlovski in a battle of former UFC heavyweight champions at UFC Fight Night 93. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Fighter Bonuses: Barnett and Arlovski Put on Fight of the Night

Josh Barnett and Andrei Arlovski led the charge on the UFC Fight Night 93 post-fight bonuses with their hard-fought headlining battle. read news >>

Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett: Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 93

Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett were in identical positions entering Fight Night 93. Both are former UFC heavyweight champions. Both had late-in-career resurgences after rejoining the UFC. Both are read news >>

Josh Barnett's Win Against Andrei Arlovski Means Little, and That's Just Fine

For both Josh Barnett and Andrei Arlovski, the end is near. There’s no denying that. Both UFC heavyweights are pushing 40 and have gone through tough recent stretches. Those factors, along with their read news >>