Coming off his loss to Daniel Cormier in the Strikeforce grand prix final, Josh Barnett will try to bounce back Saturday when he takes on Nandor Guelmino in the promotion’s final event.

Ahead of the fight, Barnett joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup and more.

On Guelmino: “I know that he’s got the perfect look for a Hollywood bad guy. I don’t know why he’s bothering with this fighting crap. It seems like a total waste of time. He should be doing auditions and getting all his looks down and practicing his stunt fighting because it’s probably going to be more effective for him.”

On fighting scary opponents: “He’s not like a total idiot when it comes to fighting. He’s got some skill. He seems like he’s got athleticism. I do imagine he’s probably fairly strong … but I just know with everything I’ve done in this world, all the fights I’ve had, all the training I’ve had, all the people I’ve come across in my adventures, that this is just another one that isn’t necessarily going to stand out from the rest. You treat him like he’s a world champ, train hard and come after him 100 percent, and he goes down like the rest.”

On whether he would have rather fought a UFC heavyweight: “Who cares. Whoever was willing to fight. I don’t know. Maybe they asked some UFC heavies? Maybe they didn’t? I wasn’t a part of any of this process. I just know that they came to me and they go, ‘You’ve got a fight and this guy said he’s going to kick your ass.’ That’s as much motivation as I need for anything.”

On whether he thinks he could fight in the UFC again for Dana White: “I just do my job. To be honest, he’s somewhat the boss of the place I’m working right now. I don’t really know even how much direct contact I would have, even if I was in the UFC, with Dana necessarily. They have a whole slew of employees working for them. I don’t really think about that sort of thing. I just think about being a more efficient and brutal killing machine, and everything else should be just fine.”

On whether he’d be satisfied with his career if he retired now: “No. No, not enough. And even at the end of the day, I’m sure all that I can do from here on out, it will never be enough. That’s the only way that I can imagine that you can possibly strive to the top of the mountain.”

On the fight he would make happen or what he would do differently in his career if he could: “Mainly the Affliction one, that last fight with Fedor. That’s the one. That’s about it other than I think about what I could have done to try and be better prepared for the [Strikeforce grand prix] finals. That’s a pretty big one right there. That supersedes probably all of it, honestly. But the way things worked out are the way they worked out. I had whatever physical s--t I had to go through for that and still showed up and still fought.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:28:24).

From Around the Web

Daniel Cormier comments on UFC stripping Jones of title: ‘This is a sad day for our sport’

Newly announced UFC 187 main eventer Daniel Cormier commented on the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones of his title. On Tuesday night, the UFC announced that they would strip Jon Jones of his light-h read news >>

Jon Jones stripped of title, Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson for belt headlines UFC 187

The best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is no longer a UFC champion. The UFC stripped Jon Jones of his light heavyweight title Tuesday night in the wake of his arrest on felony hit-and-run char read news >>

Daniel Cormier reacts to Jon Jones getting stripped of title and replacing him at UFC 187

As announced on Tuesday night on "FOX Sports Live," Daniel Cormier will now fight Anthony Johnson for the undisputed UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 187 on May 23 in Las Vegas. Jon Jones was strip read news >>

Jon Jones suspended, stripped of title; Daniel Cormier fights Anthony Johnson at UFC 187

In a bombshell announcement on Fox Sports Live, UFC president Dana White confirmed that Jon Jones has been stripped of his belt, which will now be contested between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson read news >>

AKA fighters respond to Dana White's criticism: 'He says stone age, I say old school'

Cain Velasquez, Daniel Cormier, Luke Rockhold and others share their thoughts on comments made by the UFC president. Earlier this week, UFC president Dana White blasted the American Kickboxing Academ read news >>

Mixed Martial Arfs - Sarah Kaufman and Rhino

MMA Fighting's E. Casey Leydon catches up with former Strikeforce woman's bantamweight champion Sarah Kaufman and her dog Rhino. Kaufman will be competing at UFC 186 against Alexis Davis on Saturday read news >>

Josh Barnett: ‘I Can Beat Anybody in the World on Any Day, Period’

Former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett hasn't fought in quite some time, but he's still confident that he's among the best fighters in the world. read news >>

UFC on FOX 15 Results: Luke Rockhold Submits Lyoto Machida

Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold earned an opportunity to fight for a UFC belt when he submitted second-ranked Lyoto Machida on Saturday. read news >>

UFC on FOX 15 results: Luke Rockhold submits Lyoto Machida in dominant performance

NEWARK, N.J. – Former Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold made easy work of ex-champ Lyoto Machida, earning a submission midway through the second round after a dominant first frame.Filed under: Featu read news >>