Joseph HenleFormer Ultimate Fighter participant Joseph “Leonidas” Henle felt he could implement his game plan well against fellow middleweight up-and-comer Luke Harris in his MFC debut this past August. What he didn’t expect was how easily he was able to do so.

“I walked into the fight and knew exactly what I wanted to do. I was able to implement kicks and find range early, and once it hit the ground, I was still in control and was never threatened with everything,” said Henle.

“I had wondered if he would be a challenging opponent, but on the feet it was like fighting Frankenstein’s monster; it was really easy getting in and out. I feel really good about the performance and was happy I could end it with a knockout.”

While the fight might not have been as challenging as he had initially thought, Henle told that in comparison to just a couple years ago, he’s grown tremendously.

“Coming from my time on The Ultimate Fighter, I’ve grown leaps and bounds,” he said. “Not necessarily in technique, but in comfort and how I string things together.

“I admit, before, there were times that I would move not to get hit, and now I move in order to defend the punches; there’s a huge difference in that.”

Henle feels a true gauge of where he’s at will come when he returns to Canada at MFC 35 on Oct. 26 – live on AXS TV – against Elvis Mutapcic for the promotion’s 185-pound crown.

“I still think the real test will be Elvis with how fluid he is on his feet with his punches and kicks,” said Henle. “I think that will give me a better barometer on how comfortable I’ve become with all my work standing up.

“It’s hard to say where I’ll have an advantage on Elvis. We’re pretty evenly matched. He’s really calm, so I don’t see him getting flustered. I’m getting ready for a grind and this is one of those fights where we’ll see who breaks first.”

While the bout could turn into an all-out brawl on the feet, Henle feels that it will not be the type that most people are used to.

“It could become a technical slugfest,” he said. “I think we’re both technical in the way that we strike, so we’re not just going to look like two out of control kids just throwing punches at each other.

“At the same time, he has a great right hand that comes quick; my left is sharp, my jab is nice; so what you’ll see is controlled powerful punches coming from both of us.”

A victory on Oct. 26 could cap off Henle’s biggest year yet, with the possibility of even better things to come in 2013.

“If I can get a win over Elvis that will be four wins this year, my first signing to a major organization after TUF, and winning a major title. So this year is going to be one of the best so far,” he said. “From there on, I’ll just be looking forward to bigger fights and seeing what we can do in the MFC and where it can take us.”

Stay tuned to for all the latest MMA news and updates.

Daniel Cormier reacts to Jon Jones' sentence, hopes to rematch 'Bones' after UFC 192

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones avoided jail time earlier today (Tues., Sept. 29, 2015), as an Albuquerque judge sentenced "Bones" to probation (detai read news >>

UFC champ Cormier hopes Jon Jones 'becomes a better person' after punishment

Jon Jones received probation today following his hit and run felony charge that saw the former UFC champ stripped of his title and suspended from competition. Now the current belt holder is weighing read news >>

Morning Report: 'Saddened' Rashad Evans hopes to reconcile with former champion Jon Jones

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans and Jon Jones have had quite the tumultuous relationship. The pair began as teammates at Jackson's MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico but later became b read news >>

Jake Butler Looking to ONE: Odyssey of Champions to Further His Title Hopes

He won't talk titles before he gets past Christiano Kaminishi, but a victory makes Jake Butler an attractive choice for a ONE Championship title shot. read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Returns to His Second Home, Intending to Revitalize UFC Title Hopes

Gegard Mousasi returns to his home away from home, Japan, this weekend, looking to revitalize his UFC championship dream. read news >>

Avoiding Another Weight-Cut Crush, Bashir Ahmad Hopes Preparation Results in Victory at ONE: Odyssey of Champions

Having undergone an unbelievable weight-cut for his last ONE Championship fight, Bashir Ahmad hopes proper preparation leads to victory this time. read news >>

Nick Diaz hopes Ronda Rousey doesn't get in trouble for anti-NAC comments

Nick Diaz has his own problems, but he's also worried his friend Ronda Rousey might get in trouble for her comments in support of him last week in Australia. The UFC women's bantamweight champion -- read news >>

WSOF champ Lance Palmer: The 'Party' is just getting started

Team Alpha Male featherweight Lance Palmer owns the WSOF featherweight title and hopes his run will eventually lead him to the UFC. But for now, “Party” is sticking with the upstart organization. Fil read news >>

Phil Davis hopes former UFC rival Jon Jones 'gets cleaned up and back to action'

Phil Davis has said plenty about former UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones over the years, and not much of it has been positive. But that’s not currently the case.Filed under: Bellator, News, U read news >>

Bellator's Linton Vassell hopes move to Blackzilians leads to rematch with Emanuel Newton

When you're fighting in a four-man tournament boasting UFC vet Phil Davis, former Bellator champion Emanuel Newton and former Strikeforce champion Muhammed Lawal, it's tough to stick out. Linton Vass read news >>