After winning a unanimous decision over Ian McCall on Feb. 2 at UFC 156, Joseph Benavidez is right back in the title mix at 125 pounds.

In a recent interview with the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show, he discussed his victory over McCall, flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson and more.

On the decision against McCall: “I thought it was very clear that I won the first and the third. Honestly, I think I won every minute of that fight besides the little mishap on the ground. Even that second round, I was winning until that happened, which that is another story.”

On how he got rocked in the second round: “I was rocked and I was recovering from something and I figured he hit me. When I told my cornermen, they were like, ‘Dude, you didn’t get hit or dropped by anything.’ Watching the replay, I shot directly in past him and right into his knee. I guess it just rocked my head. I was rocked down there and I thought I got punched.”

On where he stands in the division: “I think I’m right there. I think I’m the next best in the weight class. Demetrious is obviously the champion because he’s beat the next three best guys. A lot of champions, even now, even the reigning champions, they haven’t fought those next three guys. They might have wiped out the rest of the guys down there, but most of the champions haven’t fought the number two-, three- and four-ranked guys right now at this moment and defeated them. Demetrious has.”

On Johnson’s title defense against John Dodson: “I loved it. It was a champion’s performance. He was a champion. He faced adversity in the second round, and where he won the fight was the championship rounds. Everyone’s going to be skilled and powerful and be good at this and that, but he showed those other attributes he has: his heart and his cardio and those small things that separate champions from other fighters. … I was happy for him. I was happy for the weight class. It was a great showcase because also, the challenger, Dodson, fought amazing. I think he’s as dangerous as anybody for three rounds.”

On what’s next: “I’m willing to fight whoever the UFC wants me to. I’m ready for any fight. If the UFC wants to give me a title shot, of course I’m going to do everything in my power to go out there and take it and I’ll be ready. I really, really believe I can defeat ‘Mighty Mouse’ this time and fight a lot better fight. If they want me to fight someone else, I’ll just be even better by the time I do get the title shot. I think that’s inevitable at some point.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:54:20).

For Bryce Mitchell, Nothing Bad Can Come of WSOF Debut

Winning is always the goal, but undefeated Bryce Mitchell believes nothing bad can come from his WSOF debut on Saturday. read news >>

Justin Scoggins: 'I'm the champion of this division. There's no Demetrious Johnson'

LAS VEGAS – Justin Scoggins believes he’s the best fighter in the UFC flyweight division. He plans to prove it before the end of the year.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 82, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react to the event or share read news >>

HOT TWEETS: UFC Fighters React to the Denver Broncos Winning the Super Bowl 50

Like millions of Americans, UFC fighters were glued to their televisions on Sunday watching Super Bowl 50. The Denver Broncos won, and fighters took to Twitter to react. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82 salaries: Nelson, Benavidez earn top disclosed payouts

Co-main-event winner Roy Nelson ($125,000) and main-card victor Joseph Benavidez ($118,000) were the top earners at this past weekend’s UFC Fight Night 82 event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Joseph Benavidez felt better training away from Team Alpha Male, but no split

Joseph Benavidez spent much of his training camp for UFC Fight Night 82 away from his longtime Team Alpha Male home. And while that may continue moving forward, it doesn’t mean he’s split from Sacram read news >>

Mike Pyle Believes He’s Still Got It at Age 40 (Video)

Welterweight Mike Pyle believes that he's still got it at age 40 after his UFC Fight Night 82 finish of Sean Spencer on Saturday. read news >>

Mickey Gall Plans to Finish CM Punk in First Round in WWE Star’s First UFC Fight

Twenty-four-year-old Mickey Gall cashed in his winning lottery ticket to be the first fighter to face former WWE champion CM Punk by finishing Mike Jackson at UFC Fight Night 82. read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (1 p.m. ET): Demetrious Johnson and Alex Garcia

• a day ago

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Demetrious Johnson and Alex Garcia.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson: I'm fighting good guys, but they're not Benavidez or Dodson

• 22 hours ago

Ask UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson whether he’s cleaned out his division, and he’ll tell you that, technically, he’s got more opponents to fight.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, New read news >>