After winning a unanimous decision over Ian McCall on Feb. 2 at UFC 156, Joseph Benavidez is right back in the title mix at 125 pounds.

In a recent interview with the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show, he discussed his victory over McCall, flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson and more.

On the decision against McCall: “I thought it was very clear that I won the first and the third. Honestly, I think I won every minute of that fight besides the little mishap on the ground. Even that second round, I was winning until that happened, which that is another story.”

On how he got rocked in the second round: “I was rocked and I was recovering from something and I figured he hit me. When I told my cornermen, they were like, ‘Dude, you didn’t get hit or dropped by anything.’ Watching the replay, I shot directly in past him and right into his knee. I guess it just rocked my head. I was rocked down there and I thought I got punched.”

On where he stands in the division: “I think I’m right there. I think I’m the next best in the weight class. Demetrious is obviously the champion because he’s beat the next three best guys. A lot of champions, even now, even the reigning champions, they haven’t fought those next three guys. They might have wiped out the rest of the guys down there, but most of the champions haven’t fought the number two-, three- and four-ranked guys right now at this moment and defeated them. Demetrious has.”

On Johnson’s title defense against John Dodson: “I loved it. It was a champion’s performance. He was a champion. He faced adversity in the second round, and where he won the fight was the championship rounds. Everyone’s going to be skilled and powerful and be good at this and that, but he showed those other attributes he has: his heart and his cardio and those small things that separate champions from other fighters. … I was happy for him. I was happy for the weight class. It was a great showcase because also, the challenger, Dodson, fought amazing. I think he’s as dangerous as anybody for three rounds.”

On what’s next: “I’m willing to fight whoever the UFC wants me to. I’m ready for any fight. If the UFC wants to give me a title shot, of course I’m going to do everything in my power to go out there and take it and I’ll be ready. I really, really believe I can defeat ‘Mighty Mouse’ this time and fight a lot better fight. If they want me to fight someone else, I’ll just be even better by the time I do get the title shot. I think that’s inevitable at some point.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:54:20).

UFC Fight Night 95's Rani Yahya isn't impressed by Michinori Tanaka, wants ranked opposition

For UFC bantamweight Rani Yahya, fighting at home was reason enough to make a quick turnaround. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95 results: Alan Patrick grinds out unanimous decision win over Stevie Ray

BRASILIA, Brazil – In a three-round grappling match, Alan Patrick charged into takedowns and smothered Stevie Ray for an easy decision.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95 results: Jussier Formiga cruises to unanimous decision over Dustin Ortiz

BRASILIA, Brazil – It was a vintage performance for Jussier Formiga, which meant a horrible night of deja vu for Dustin Ortiz.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Lina Lansberg | UFC Fight Night Highlights

Watch highlights of Cris Cyborg's unanimous (strikes) decision win over Lina Lansberg at UFC Fight Night in Brasilia, Brazil. read news >>

Renan Barao vs. Phillipe Nover | UFC Fight Night Highlights

Watch highlights of Renan Barao's unanimous decision win over Phillipe Nover at UFC Fight Night in Brasilia, Brazil. read news >>

Joe Silva's Shoes: What's next for 'Cyborg' and UFC Fight Night 95's other winning fighters?

With UFC Fight Night 95 in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Joe Silva and Sean Shelby’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for the winning fighters.Filed under: Featured V read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 95 event in Brasilia, Brazil, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to r read news >>

?Tyson Fury Will Not Fight Again, Says Eddie Hearn | FIGHTLAND

PA Images Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn believes Tyson Fury will not fight again, following the news that the Englishman has withdrawn from a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko on health grounds. Fury cau read news >>

Dana White thinks Ronda Rousey will fight before the end of 2016

Dana White believes Ronda Rousey is ready for a comeback sooner rather than later. read news >>

'Jacare' Souza talks 'peacock' Rockhold, 'liar' Bisping and the elusive UFC title shot

BRASILIA, Brazil – While he believes Luke Rockhold had been ducking their rematch for years, Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza still holds a lot of respect for his confident UFC Fight Night 101 opponent. As for read news >>