For a man whose Twitter handle is ‘All I See Is Gold’ there’s no doubt that Olympian Jordan Burroughs has had only one thing on his mind for quite some time.

As the 2012 Olympic games kick off in London, the United States Olympic squad believes they have a few gold medals already locked up.

It’s hard to argue against the U.S. basketball team capturing gold when led by names like LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant. Multi-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Michael Phelps seems like a shoe-in to bring home a few more when he competes this year.

But as far as the U.S. wrestling team goes the hopes and dreams of the grappling elite sit squarely on the shoulders of two-time NCAA champion from Nebraska, Jordan Burroughs, who is the best chance for gold at this year’s Olympics.

“I love the pressure. It’s been on me a number of times in my college career, being the best guy in the college room, and around the country. For me now I’m No. 1, I’ve got the weight on my shoulders, but I embrace it,” Burroughs said in an interview with MMAWeekly.com.

“A lot of people are looking up to me, looking forward to me winning, and I just want to get the ball rolling for the U.S. and represent my country well.”

While many wrestling purists will look at the 2012 U.S. Olympic team and point to a few possible candidates as gold medal hopefuls, Burroughs is as close to a sure thing as there is in these games.

Burroughs knows that it all comes down to his performance however and upsets have been a part of Olympic lore for decades, so he can’t take his eye off the prize. But for this young 24-year old kid from New Jersey, the Olympics have been the goal since day one on the mats and he’s not going to let anyone stop him.

“For me it’s all about being an Olympic gold medalist. The money will come down the road further, but for me I just want to walk around and say I’m an Olympic gold medalist. That’s the most important thing for me,” said Burroughs.

“It’s been a dream since I was a kid to be a part of the opening ceremonies, to carry a flag on my back, and represent our U.S. country. It’s awesome, I’m excited. I put a lot of hard work in for years and years and I just want to have it all come into realization.”

Burroughs has plans of competing at this year’s Olympics in London and then again at the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, and then he will turn his attention to another sport.

As a long time fan of mixed martial arts, Burroughs has already dabbled in some MMA training while becoming close friends with competitors like Strikeforce Grand Prix champion and former Olympian Daniel Cormier.

His search for the gold belt in MMA will begin in a few years, but that’s after he brings home the greatest prize of all for the United States Olympic team first.

“Probably after the 2016 Olympics,” Burroughs commented about his move into MMA.

“I want to go two Olympic cycles, I feel like I have a lot of wrestling left in me, a lot of double legs left in me, so basically that’s my focus right now win a couple world medals, win a couple gold medals in the Olympics, and make that transition into MMA.”

The opening ceremonies for the 2012 Olympic games in London kick off on Friday.

Check out the video below for the full interview with Jordan Burroughs:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Nunes vs. Rousey: UFC 207 Odds, Predictions and Pre-Fight Twitter Hype

For a main event that has its fighters participating in little to no media this week, the silence has somehow created even more of a buildup to Friday night's bout between Amanda Nunes and Ronda Rous read news >>

Twitter reacts to Johny Hendricks missing weight for UFC 207 fight with Neil Magny

Johny Hendricks’ battle with the scale continues.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: UFC 207 is almost here, so where's Ronda Rousey?

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, what’s really behind Ronda Rousey’s media blackout before UFC 207? And how will we remember UFC commentator Mike Goldberg now that his last event is upon us? All that read news >>

Twitter reacts to T.J. Dillashaw's dominant victory over John Lineker at UFC 207

T.J. Dillashaw continued his march back to the UFC bantamweight title on Friday when he earned a dominant victory over John Lineker at UFC 207 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Cody Garbrandt's title-winning victory over Dominick Cruz at UFC 207

Cody Garbrandt promised that his punching power would catch Dominick Cruz. He was right, and he left the UFC 207 co-headliner at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas with the UFC bantamweight championship.Fil read news >>

Twitter reacts to Amanda Nunes' 48-second starching of Ronda Rousey at UFC 207

Amanda Nunes said it was her time to reign atop the UFC women’s bantamweight division. She proved as much Friday with her first title defense against MMA superstar Ronda Rousey in the UFC 207 headlin read news >>

Twitter reacts to Amanda Nunes' 48-second starching of Ronda Rousey at UFC 207

Ronda Rousey and Jon Jones Friendship Runs Deep (video) | MMAWeekly.com

A flashback to when Ronda Rousey was on the rise at the 2012 MMA Awards backstage at a photo shoot with then-champion Jon Jones. read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: On media blackouts, women's superfights, and more

Did Ronda Rousey’s media blackout teach us anything about handling media (or not) and still promoting fights? And what’s next for the reigning UFC women’s bantamweight champ, now that the biggest nam read news >>

UFC heavyweight Justin Ledet 'rolling with the punches' but sees big things on horizon

Justin Ledet made his UFC debut just five months ago, but he’s already racked up a pair of octagon wins. At UFC Fight Night 104, he’ll look for a third UFC victory, and big things could come quickly read news >>