For a man whose Twitter handle is ‘All I See Is Gold’ there’s no doubt that Olympian Jordan Burroughs has had only one thing on his mind for quite some time.

As the 2012 Olympic games kick off in London, the United States Olympic squad believes they have a few gold medals already locked up.

It’s hard to argue against the U.S. basketball team capturing gold when led by names like LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant. Multi-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Michael Phelps seems like a shoe-in to bring home a few more when he competes this year.

But as far as the U.S. wrestling team goes the hopes and dreams of the grappling elite sit squarely on the shoulders of two-time NCAA champion from Nebraska, Jordan Burroughs, who is the best chance for gold at this year’s Olympics.

“I love the pressure. It’s been on me a number of times in my college career, being the best guy in the college room, and around the country. For me now I’m No. 1, I’ve got the weight on my shoulders, but I embrace it,” Burroughs said in an interview with MMAWeekly.com.

“A lot of people are looking up to me, looking forward to me winning, and I just want to get the ball rolling for the U.S. and represent my country well.”

While many wrestling purists will look at the 2012 U.S. Olympic team and point to a few possible candidates as gold medal hopefuls, Burroughs is as close to a sure thing as there is in these games.

Burroughs knows that it all comes down to his performance however and upsets have been a part of Olympic lore for decades, so he can’t take his eye off the prize. But for this young 24-year old kid from New Jersey, the Olympics have been the goal since day one on the mats and he’s not going to let anyone stop him.

“For me it’s all about being an Olympic gold medalist. The money will come down the road further, but for me I just want to walk around and say I’m an Olympic gold medalist. That’s the most important thing for me,” said Burroughs.

“It’s been a dream since I was a kid to be a part of the opening ceremonies, to carry a flag on my back, and represent our U.S. country. It’s awesome, I’m excited. I put a lot of hard work in for years and years and I just want to have it all come into realization.”

Burroughs has plans of competing at this year’s Olympics in London and then again at the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, and then he will turn his attention to another sport.

As a long time fan of mixed martial arts, Burroughs has already dabbled in some MMA training while becoming close friends with competitors like Strikeforce Grand Prix champion and former Olympian Daniel Cormier.

His search for the gold belt in MMA will begin in a few years, but that’s after he brings home the greatest prize of all for the United States Olympic team first.

“Probably after the 2016 Olympics,” Burroughs commented about his move into MMA.

“I want to go two Olympic cycles, I feel like I have a lot of wrestling left in me, a lot of double legs left in me, so basically that’s my focus right now win a couple world medals, win a couple gold medals in the Olympics, and make that transition into MMA.”

The opening ceremonies for the 2012 Olympic games in London kick off on Friday.

Check out the video below for the full interview with Jordan Burroughs:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Twitter reacts to Miesha Tate title defense announcement vs. Amanda Nunes at UFC 200

It’s not Holly Holm, nor is it Ronda Rousey. Instead it will be Amanda Nunes who challenges Miesha Tate for the UFC women’s bantamweight title at UFC 200. See how social media reacted to Wednesday ni read news >>

Donald Cerrone vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov matchup appears it'll be limited to Twitter

Khabib Nurmagomedov and Donald Cerrone clearly want to fight, but it appears the matchup may be limited to social media for now.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: After all Jon Jones' troubles, why haven't fans flocked to Daniel Cormier's side?

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier continue to roll around in the mud together, most recently on social media. So why is it that Cormier is the one who always emerges lookin read news >>

Dan Hardy eyeing superfights, not a title run, in potential UFC return

UFC veteran Dan Hardy hasn’t fought since September 2012 – a result of a heart condition. He hasn’t taken his eye off a comeback, however, and wants to be in big one-off fights to close out his caree read news >>

Twitter reacts to Derrick Lewis' KO of Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC Fight Night 86

Derek Lewis has been the UFC’s most active heavyweight in recent years. And at UFC Fight Night 86, he picked up another victory with a first-round knockout of former title contender Gabriel Gonzaga.F read news >>

Twitter reacts to Junior Dos Santos' victory over Ben Rothwell at UFC Fight Night 86

Junior Dos Santos knew a victory over Ben Rothwell was essential in his quest to once again become a threat to the UFC heavyweight title. That’s exactly what he got.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86’s Derrick Lewis anticipates Roy Nelson at UFC 200 and a Twitter war

ZAGREB, Croatia – UFC heavyweight Derrick Lewis called out Roy Nelson and wound up getting Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC Fight Night 86. But now he wants to restore that callout of Nelson for a fight this s read news >>

Rose Namajunas Sees Title Shot on Horizon if She Beats Tecia Torres (Video)

In this exclusive interview, Rose Namajunas says she believes a title shot is in the offing for the winner of her UFC on FOX 19 bout with Tecia Torres. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Lyoto Machida's banned substances-related removal from UFC on FOX 19

The UFC on FOX 19 main card lineup continued to be ravaged today when UFC announced Lyoto Machida was out of Saturday’s co-main event showdown with Dan Henderson. Check out some of the strongest reac read news >>