For a man whose Twitter handle is ‘All I See Is Gold’ there’s no doubt that Olympian Jordan Burroughs has had only one thing on his mind for quite some time.

As the 2012 Olympic games kick off in London, the United States Olympic squad believes they have a few gold medals already locked up.

It’s hard to argue against the U.S. basketball team capturing gold when led by names like LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant. Multi-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Michael Phelps seems like a shoe-in to bring home a few more when he competes this year.

But as far as the U.S. wrestling team goes the hopes and dreams of the grappling elite sit squarely on the shoulders of two-time NCAA champion from Nebraska, Jordan Burroughs, who is the best chance for gold at this year’s Olympics.

“I love the pressure. It’s been on me a number of times in my college career, being the best guy in the college room, and around the country. For me now I’m No. 1, I’ve got the weight on my shoulders, but I embrace it,” Burroughs said in an interview with MMAWeekly.com.

“A lot of people are looking up to me, looking forward to me winning, and I just want to get the ball rolling for the U.S. and represent my country well.”

While many wrestling purists will look at the 2012 U.S. Olympic team and point to a few possible candidates as gold medal hopefuls, Burroughs is as close to a sure thing as there is in these games.

Burroughs knows that it all comes down to his performance however and upsets have been a part of Olympic lore for decades, so he can’t take his eye off the prize. But for this young 24-year old kid from New Jersey, the Olympics have been the goal since day one on the mats and he’s not going to let anyone stop him.

“For me it’s all about being an Olympic gold medalist. The money will come down the road further, but for me I just want to walk around and say I’m an Olympic gold medalist. That’s the most important thing for me,” said Burroughs.

“It’s been a dream since I was a kid to be a part of the opening ceremonies, to carry a flag on my back, and represent our U.S. country. It’s awesome, I’m excited. I put a lot of hard work in for years and years and I just want to have it all come into realization.”

Burroughs has plans of competing at this year’s Olympics in London and then again at the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, and then he will turn his attention to another sport.

As a long time fan of mixed martial arts, Burroughs has already dabbled in some MMA training while becoming close friends with competitors like Strikeforce Grand Prix champion and former Olympian Daniel Cormier.

His search for the gold belt in MMA will begin in a few years, but that’s after he brings home the greatest prize of all for the United States Olympic team first.

“Probably after the 2016 Olympics,” Burroughs commented about his move into MMA.

“I want to go two Olympic cycles, I feel like I have a lot of wrestling left in me, a lot of double legs left in me, so basically that’s my focus right now win a couple world medals, win a couple gold medals in the Olympics, and make that transition into MMA.”

The opening ceremonies for the 2012 Olympic games in London kick off on Friday.

Check out the video below for the full interview with Jordan Burroughs:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Twitter Mailbag: How many chances should Rousimar Palhares get, exactly?

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, has Rousimar Palhares officially become MMA’s greatest breaker of rules? How did Ronda Rousey go from boos to cheers so fast? And are we really going to forego a “Cybo read news >>

Several MMA fighters rally for lifetime ban of Rousimar Palhares

MMA fighters take to Twitter to call for a lifetime ban of Rousimar Palhares following his controversial submission victory over Jake Shields at WSOF 22. Several MMA fighters were quick to show their read news >>

WSOF 22 salaries: Palhares banks just $24k after controversial ending

With Rousimar Palhares’ win bonus withheld following his controversial actions in his WSOF 22 welterweight title defense with Jake Shields – along with 10 percent withheld for drug testing – the cham read news >>

Hot Tweets: Basically Everyone Had Something to Tweet About Ronda Rousey

If you were on Twitter on Saturday, you probably saw a tweet or two about Ronda Rousey. read news >>

They said what!? The fighters react to UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia on Twitter

All the best, worst, and most public reactions from the UFC's own talent as they watched UFC 190 from the sidelines. UFC 190 is done and dusted and while it wasn't exactly an awesome PPV I wouldn't c read news >>

Twitter reacts to Ronda Rousey's knockout of Bethe Correia at UFC 190

She did it again. Check out what the MMA world was saying on Twitter after Ronda Rousey scored a first round knockout of Bethe Correia at UFC 190.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Mauricio Rua's victory over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 190

More than 10 years after they first clashed under the now-defunct PRIDE FC banner, Mauricio Rua once again defeated Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, but this time it took place inside the UFC octagon.Filed read news >>

UFC 190 Results: What We Learned from Stefan Struve vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira entered UFC 190 fighting for a storybook ending to his legendary career. He didn't get it. For most of the fight, his opponent, Stefan Struve, utilized his absurdly long reac read news >>

UFC 190 results: Stefan Struve too much for Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to handle

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira gave everything he had left to give for his fans in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday night. But it wasn't anywhere enough to get the victory at UFC 190. Stefan Struve (26-7) grinde read news >>

UFC president Dana White claims WWE is 'fake sh*t,' Twitter erupts in anger

Some people get fired for this, but it's all in a day's trolling work for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, who took to Twitter recently to criticize professional wrestling o read news >>