For a man whose Twitter handle is ‘All I See Is Gold’ there’s no doubt that Olympian Jordan Burroughs has had only one thing on his mind for quite some time.

As the 2012 Olympic games kick off in London, the United States Olympic squad believes they have a few gold medals already locked up.

It’s hard to argue against the U.S. basketball team capturing gold when led by names like LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant. Multi-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Michael Phelps seems like a shoe-in to bring home a few more when he competes this year.

But as far as the U.S. wrestling team goes the hopes and dreams of the grappling elite sit squarely on the shoulders of two-time NCAA champion from Nebraska, Jordan Burroughs, who is the best chance for gold at this year’s Olympics.

“I love the pressure. It’s been on me a number of times in my college career, being the best guy in the college room, and around the country. For me now I’m No. 1, I’ve got the weight on my shoulders, but I embrace it,” Burroughs said in an interview with MMAWeekly.com.

“A lot of people are looking up to me, looking forward to me winning, and I just want to get the ball rolling for the U.S. and represent my country well.”

While many wrestling purists will look at the 2012 U.S. Olympic team and point to a few possible candidates as gold medal hopefuls, Burroughs is as close to a sure thing as there is in these games.

Burroughs knows that it all comes down to his performance however and upsets have been a part of Olympic lore for decades, so he can’t take his eye off the prize. But for this young 24-year old kid from New Jersey, the Olympics have been the goal since day one on the mats and he’s not going to let anyone stop him.

“For me it’s all about being an Olympic gold medalist. The money will come down the road further, but for me I just want to walk around and say I’m an Olympic gold medalist. That’s the most important thing for me,” said Burroughs.

“It’s been a dream since I was a kid to be a part of the opening ceremonies, to carry a flag on my back, and represent our U.S. country. It’s awesome, I’m excited. I put a lot of hard work in for years and years and I just want to have it all come into realization.”

Burroughs has plans of competing at this year’s Olympics in London and then again at the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, and then he will turn his attention to another sport.

As a long time fan of mixed martial arts, Burroughs has already dabbled in some MMA training while becoming close friends with competitors like Strikeforce Grand Prix champion and former Olympian Daniel Cormier.

His search for the gold belt in MMA will begin in a few years, but that’s after he brings home the greatest prize of all for the United States Olympic team first.

“Probably after the 2016 Olympics,” Burroughs commented about his move into MMA.

“I want to go two Olympic cycles, I feel like I have a lot of wrestling left in me, a lot of double legs left in me, so basically that’s my focus right now win a couple world medals, win a couple gold medals in the Olympics, and make that transition into MMA.”

The opening ceremonies for the 2012 Olympic games in London kick off on Friday.

Check out the video below for the full interview with Jordan Burroughs:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Alvarez vs. McGregor: UFC 205 Odds, Predictions and Pre-Fight Twitter Hype

If Thursday afternoon's press conference was any indication of what UFC 205 will look like on Saturday, we're in for one hell of a showdown. Lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez will look to defend his read news >>

Champs Conor McGregor, Tyron Woodley clash on Twitter following UFC 205 weigh-ins incident

NEW YORK – Conor McGregor and Tyron Woodley aren’t fighting Saturday at UFC 205. However, that didn’t stop the two UFC champions from clashing on social media following today’s UFC 205 weigh-ins in N read news >>

Conor McGregor, Tyron Woodley Weigh-in Incident Leads to Twitter Blow-up | MMAWeekly.com

Tensions are running high in New York, as UFC champions Conor McGregor and Tyron Woodley clashed at the press conference, the weigh-ins, and on Twitter! read news >>

UFC 205 video: Watch Vicente Luque crush Belal Muhammad in 79 seconds

Vicente Luque wasted little time ending his night in the cage at UFC 205, knocking out Belal Muhammad in just 79 seconds.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 205 video: Watch Vicente Luque crush Belal Muhammad in 79 seconds

Twitter reacts to Raquel Pennington's UFC 205 upset of Miesha Tate, and Tate's retirement

Raquel Pennington earned unquestionably the most significant victory of her career when she defeated former UFC champion Miesha Tate on Saturday’s UFC 205 main card at Madison Square Garden in New Yo read news >>

Twitter reacts to Yoel Romero's crowd-silencing TKO of New York's Chris Weidman at UFC 205

Yoel Romero turned Chris Weidman’s dream of fighting in his home state into a nightmare when he defeated the former UFC champion on Saturday’s UFC 205 main card at Madison Square Garden in New York C read news >>

Twitter reacts to Joanna Jedrzejczyk's title defense vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz at UFC 205

Joanna Jedrzejczyk continued to jolt fear into the UFC strawweight division at UFC 205 when she defended her belt for the fourth consecutive time against Karolina Kowalkiewicz on Saturday at Madison read news >>

UFC 205 results: Tyron Woodley retains title in majority draw with Stephen Thompson

NEW YORK – A wild fight. A confusing ending. And Tyron Woodley walked out of the cage with his UFC welterweight championship belt around his waist, but without a win over Stephen Thompson. Filed unde read news >>

Twitter reacts to Tyron Woodley's title defense vs. Stephen Thompson in UFC 205 majority draw

Tyron Woodley registered his first UFC welterweight title defense in Saturday’s UFC 205 co-main event. However, it didn’t come in the fashion he would have liked, because he earned it by fighting to read news >>