For a man whose Twitter handle is ‘All I See Is Gold’ there’s no doubt that Olympian Jordan Burroughs has had only one thing on his mind for quite some time.

As the 2012 Olympic games kick off in London, the United States Olympic squad believes they have a few gold medals already locked up.

It’s hard to argue against the U.S. basketball team capturing gold when led by names like LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant. Multi-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Michael Phelps seems like a shoe-in to bring home a few more when he competes this year.

But as far as the U.S. wrestling team goes the hopes and dreams of the grappling elite sit squarely on the shoulders of two-time NCAA champion from Nebraska, Jordan Burroughs, who is the best chance for gold at this year’s Olympics.

“I love the pressure. It’s been on me a number of times in my college career, being the best guy in the college room, and around the country. For me now I’m No. 1, I’ve got the weight on my shoulders, but I embrace it,” Burroughs said in an interview with MMAWeekly.com.

“A lot of people are looking up to me, looking forward to me winning, and I just want to get the ball rolling for the U.S. and represent my country well.”

While many wrestling purists will look at the 2012 U.S. Olympic team and point to a few possible candidates as gold medal hopefuls, Burroughs is as close to a sure thing as there is in these games.

Burroughs knows that it all comes down to his performance however and upsets have been a part of Olympic lore for decades, so he can’t take his eye off the prize. But for this young 24-year old kid from New Jersey, the Olympics have been the goal since day one on the mats and he’s not going to let anyone stop him.

“For me it’s all about being an Olympic gold medalist. The money will come down the road further, but for me I just want to walk around and say I’m an Olympic gold medalist. That’s the most important thing for me,” said Burroughs.

“It’s been a dream since I was a kid to be a part of the opening ceremonies, to carry a flag on my back, and represent our U.S. country. It’s awesome, I’m excited. I put a lot of hard work in for years and years and I just want to have it all come into realization.”

Burroughs has plans of competing at this year’s Olympics in London and then again at the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, and then he will turn his attention to another sport.

As a long time fan of mixed martial arts, Burroughs has already dabbled in some MMA training while becoming close friends with competitors like Strikeforce Grand Prix champion and former Olympian Daniel Cormier.

His search for the gold belt in MMA will begin in a few years, but that’s after he brings home the greatest prize of all for the United States Olympic team first.

“Probably after the 2016 Olympics,” Burroughs commented about his move into MMA.

“I want to go two Olympic cycles, I feel like I have a lot of wrestling left in me, a lot of double legs left in me, so basically that’s my focus right now win a couple world medals, win a couple gold medals in the Olympics, and make that transition into MMA.”

The opening ceremonies for the 2012 Olympic games in London kick off on Friday.

Check out the video below for the full interview with Jordan Burroughs:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC 189 results: Alex Garcia cruises to decision over Mike Swick

Save for a two-fight comeback in 2012, we haven't seen much of Mike Swick in recent years. And while the TUF 1 standout is well-liked in the business, his return fight on Saturday night unfortunately read news >>

Mendes vs. McGregor: Latest Odds, Predictions and Pre-Fight Twitter Hype

Per Odds Shark, Chad "Money" Mendes is the underdog heading into his clash with "The Notorious" Conor McGregor at UFC 189 on Saturday. The most recent odds have McGregor as a 27-50 favorite. As a lat read news >>

Twitter reacts to 'Cyborg' Justino's knockout of Faith Van Duin at Invicta FC 13

Cristiane Justino successfully defended her Invicta FC featherweight title on Thursday with a one-sided victory over Faith Van Duin in the Invicta FC 13 headliner in Las Vegas. See how social media r read news >>

Angela Magana describes thought process behind controversial Twitter persona

LAS VEGAS -- Angela Magana talks about her controversial Twitter persona, fighting Michelle Waterson at the TUF 21 Finale, why she feels like she's the best in the world and much more. read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: So, who's got $3 million they'd like to bet against McGregor?

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, we’ll look at Conor McGregor’s proposed wager for UFC 189, plus look ahead to tonight’s Invicta FC offering and, wait, is there a TUF Finale event this weekend? Are yo read news >>

UFC 189: What Twitter Is Saying Ahead of McGregor vs. Mendes

When the news first broke about Jose Aldo pulling out of his fifth title fight at Saturday’s UFC 189, Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White expressed frustration and disappointment on S read news >>

Conor McGregor baffled by Chad Mendes and Jose Aldo buddying up over Twitter: 'That's coward s--t'

LAS VEGAS -- Chad Mendes and UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may have spent 30 minutes of their lives trading haymakers together inside an eight-sided cage, but they can at least agree on one th read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 12

Join us here tonight for live coverage of episode 12 of The Ultimate Fighter as the latest season sees its conclusion. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. J read news >>

Claudia Gadelha teases Jedrzejczyk on Twitter: 'You know you lost to me'

Claudia Gadelha fires at Joanna Jedrzejczyk on Twitter ahead of her number one contender match against Jessica Agular at UFC 190. Strawweight contender Claudia Gadelha, has a very decisive bout comin read news >>

Twitter reacts to Gilbert Melendez's failed UFC 188 drug test and suspension

Just nine days’ prior to his scheduled bout with Al Iaquinta, Gilbert Melendez received news that he’d tested positive for banned substances following his recent loss to Eddie Alvarez. See how social read news >>