Jon Jones has gone back on earlier statements, and now states that we should expect some very malicious and very violent things to happen when he faces Daniel Cormier at UFC 178.

Several hours after the brawl and they're still fired up. During a segment with Fox Sports 1, Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier asked to be in separate rooms while doing the interview, stating that they couldn't guarantee they will be able to prevent another altercation if they were next to each other.

When Kenny Florian asked how the brawl affects and motivates them, the two fighters had very different answers.

"I don't need any more motivation to fight the number 1 pound for pound fighter in the world. I was already motivated for my opportunity to be a champion," Cormier said, "It's upsetting, because I have worked very hard in my career to get where I am today, and to behave that way, and for it to spread as fast as it can, it's sad, because at some point, I will have to explain this to my kids and my family. I'm sure they're not proud of it. When my kids are old enough to understand, I will have to explain to them why their dad was on national TV acting out of character."

Related: Photo: Conor McGregor taking selfies during Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier brawl

Jones on the other hand, wasn't able to mask his emotions as much, leading to making some threats before another war of the words with DC.

"I am very fired up against Daniel Cormier. There's certain characters that I cannot afford to lose to, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans, and my first title shot against Mauricio Rua," he states, "These are the fights that my motivation was at an all time high. After this situation, I could not imagine not coming out with my belt. This is a must win situation."

"This is exactly the fire that I needed, so sure enough people, expect some very malicious, very violent things to happen the night of September 27th," said a visibly worked up champion, "You know I am going to do that to you. I will do everything in my power to make sure you never forget the night you stepped in the Octagon with me."

As for thos 'malicious' intents, it's a stark contrast from what Jones said just moments before the brawl, when he addressed comments that he will be intentionally targeting Cormier's injured knee. He has stated those oblique kicks are simply a tactic, and that, along with those eye pokes have no malicious intentions whatsoever. But do these recent threats mean the brawl has changed his mind? Tough to say, but Cormier believes it won't matter.

"You can say there will be malicious things happening, but hey, I embrace that. Bring it to me," Cormier retorts, "The sad thing is, 'everything in your power' will not be enough. I will beat you."

UFC 187 Results: Daniel Cormier Blasts Jon Jones After Beating Johnson for Title

• a day ago

Daniel Cormier finally got his hands on UFC gold at UFC 187, soundly defeating Anthony "Rumble" Johnson. That said, DC wasn't content in simply taking the belt. Speaking with Joe Rogan in the cage af read news >>

Daniel Cormier Believes Jon Jones Will ‘Get His Stuff Together’

• 14 hours ago

Daniel Cormier believes two things: he's the real UFC champ and he'll one day fight Jon Jones again. read news >>

Report: Off-duty cop IDs Jon Jones at crash site, marijuana found inside abandoned vehicle

Things are going from bad to worse for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who was allegedly involved in a hit-and-run accident on Sunday (April 26, 2015) in So read news >>

Fired UFC Fighter's Wife Unleashes Verbal Tirade on UFC's Handling of Jon Jones

Hell hath no fury like a Riddle scorned. Matthew Riddle has plenty to smile about right now, hence his nickname “Chipper.” He is currently living out his dream as a professional wrestler and preparin read news >>

Jon Jones suspended, stripped of title; Daniel Cormier fights Anthony Johnson at UFC 187

In a bombshell announcement on Fox Sports Live, UFC president Dana White confirmed that Jon Jones has been stripped of his belt, which will now be contested between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson read news >>

Daniel Cormier reacts to Jon Jones getting stripped of title and replacing him at UFC 187

As announced on Tuesday night on "FOX Sports Live," Daniel Cormier will now fight Anthony Johnson for the undisputed UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 187 on May 23 in Las Vegas. Jon Jones was strip read news >>

Jon Jones stripped of title, Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson for belt headlines UFC 187

The best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is no longer a UFC champion. The UFC stripped Jon Jones of his light heavyweight title Tuesday night in the wake of his arrest on felony hit-and-run char read news >>

Daniel Cormier comments on UFC stripping Jones of title: ‘This is a sad day for our sport’

Newly announced UFC 187 main eventer Daniel Cormier commented on the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones of his title. On Tuesday night, the UFC announced that they would strip Jon Jones of his light-h read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs Daniel Cormier UFC 187 fight announced for vacant light heavyweight title with Jon Jones stripped

What a wild turn of events ... As a result of the shocking announcement on FOX Sports Live tonight that Jon Jones was stripped of his Light Heavyweight title and suspended indefinitely, a new UFC 187 read news >>