Jon Jones has gone back on earlier statements, and now states that we should expect some very malicious and very violent things to happen when he faces Daniel Cormier at UFC 178.

Several hours after the brawl and they're still fired up. During a segment with Fox Sports 1, Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier asked to be in separate rooms while doing the interview, stating that they couldn't guarantee they will be able to prevent another altercation if they were next to each other.

When Kenny Florian asked how the brawl affects and motivates them, the two fighters had very different answers.

"I don't need any more motivation to fight the number 1 pound for pound fighter in the world. I was already motivated for my opportunity to be a champion," Cormier said, "It's upsetting, because I have worked very hard in my career to get where I am today, and to behave that way, and for it to spread as fast as it can, it's sad, because at some point, I will have to explain this to my kids and my family. I'm sure they're not proud of it. When my kids are old enough to understand, I will have to explain to them why their dad was on national TV acting out of character."

Related: Photo: Conor McGregor taking selfies during Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier brawl

Jones on the other hand, wasn't able to mask his emotions as much, leading to making some threats before another war of the words with DC.

"I am very fired up against Daniel Cormier. There's certain characters that I cannot afford to lose to, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans, and my first title shot against Mauricio Rua," he states, "These are the fights that my motivation was at an all time high. After this situation, I could not imagine not coming out with my belt. This is a must win situation."

"This is exactly the fire that I needed, so sure enough people, expect some very malicious, very violent things to happen the night of September 27th," said a visibly worked up champion, "You know I am going to do that to you. I will do everything in my power to make sure you never forget the night you stepped in the Octagon with me."

As for thos 'malicious' intents, it's a stark contrast from what Jones said just moments before the brawl, when he addressed comments that he will be intentionally targeting Cormier's injured knee. He has stated those oblique kicks are simply a tactic, and that, along with those eye pokes have no malicious intentions whatsoever. But do these recent threats mean the brawl has changed his mind? Tough to say, but Cormier believes it won't matter.

"You can say there will be malicious things happening, but hey, I embrace that. Bring it to me," Cormier retorts, "The sad thing is, 'everything in your power' will not be enough. I will beat you."

Daniel Cormier not thinking about Jon Jones: 'He's got some things still to figure out'

HOUSTON – In a way, you’ve almost got to feel bad for Daniel Cormier. The guy can’t quite seem to get out of Jon Jones’ shadow. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Daniel Cormier: I need to fight Jon Jones instead of playing around with these other light heavyweights

Reigning 205-pound champion Daniel Cormier wants Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to stop wasting his time with these other light heavyweights and give him the one fight he needs for his mixed ma read news >>

Daniel Cormier: I need Jon Jones back, so I can 'stop playing around with these guys'

LAS VEGAS -- Daniel Cormier said after winning the UFC light heavyweight title over Anthony Johnson four months ago that he would be fine if Jon Jones never came back and tried to regain the belt. Co read news >>

Daniel Cormier mocks Alexander Gustafsson, wants Jon Jones back

The UFC light-heavyweight champion wants to "stop playing around" with other fighters and face his biggest foe again. UFC light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and his predecessor Jon Jones are a read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson Fires Back at Daniel Cormier Over Jon Jones Comment

UFC champ Daniel Cormier is tired of hearing about how Alexander Gustafsson almost beat Jon Jones. Well, so is Alexander Gustafsson. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Needs Jon Jones to Make Career Complete (Video)

UFC champion Daniel Cormier has accomplished much in his career, but needs banished former champion Jon Jones to return to make his career complete. read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson's preferred fight – Daniel Cormier title bout, or Jon Jones rematch?

STOCKHOLM – Two-time UFC light-heavyweight title challenger Alexander Gustafsson isn’t going anywhere, but he has a good idea about whom he’d fight if forced to hang up his gloves. Filed under: Featu read news >>

Gustafsson would prefer to fight Jon Jones over Daniel Cormier

If Gustafsson could choose between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones, the Swede would prefer to avenge his loss to the former light-heavyweight champion. It's been an emotional past few months for UFC lig read news >>

Daniel Cormier Longs for a Rematch with ‘The Greatest Fighter of All Time,’ Jon Jones

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier believes that he needs to rematch and defeat former titleholder Jon Jones to solidify his mixed martial arts career. read news >>

Daniel Cormier: "I couldn't give a s--- about Jon Jones"

Jon Jones might be out of the limelight at the moment, but he's never far from the conversation in the UFC light heavyweight division. And those who are currently competing at the top of the 205-poun read news >>