UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

After going to judges for entire UFC career, Michel Prazeres has knockout planned in Brazil

Like many fighters who get asked about a penchant to go to the judges’ scorecards, Michel Prazeres believes there’s good reason he hasn’t been able to finish the four fighters he has wins over in the read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95: Renan Barao vs. Phillipe Nover video highlights

After the first two-fight losing skid of his career, Renan Barao is back in the win column. The former bantamweight champ picked up a much-needed win over Phillipe Nover.Filed under: News, UFC, Video read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz will not take place at Bellator 165 in San Jose

Newly minted Bellator fighter Chael Sonnen got a little ahead of himself in announcing a fight with Tito Ortiz on Nov. 19 at Bellator 165. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

'I wish to fight 'Cyborg' again before my career is over,' says a no-excuses Lina Lansberg

Less than three days after falling victim to yet another one of Cristiane Justino's thunderous performances, Lina Lansberg made no excuses for herself in an Instagram post, saying she wants to "rack read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Undergoes First USADA Tests in Potential UFC Return | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre continues his march toward a potential UFC return, having recently provided drug test samples to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. read news >>

Watch Conor McGregor Burn Jeremy Stephens: 'Who the F*** is That Guy?' | MMAWeekly.com

Jeremy Stephens has had a long career in the UFC with some memorable fights. Memorable to you and us, that is, but apparently not to Conor McGregor. read news >>

Skip Bayless thinks McGregor could go the distance against Mayweather | UNDISPUTED

Conor McGregor recently brought up a fight with Floyd Mayweather again, but if it happens, could Conor hang with Floyd? read news >>

Rashad Evans Breaks Down UFC Portland Headliner, John Dodson vs. John Lineker

Rashad Evans has accomplished a great deal in his UFC career, picking up the light heavyweight strap in the course of 20 fights with the promotion. The soon-to-be middleweight contender takes on Tim read news >>

With Matt Hughes in His Corner, Adam Osmoe Ready to Kick Career into Full Gear | MMAWeekly.com

With UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes in his corner and school behind him, Adam Osmoe is ready to kick his fight career into full gear. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen in the Works for Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Tito Ortiz claims he is fighting Chael Sonnen under the Bellator banner. read news >>