UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Cris Cyborg threatens Ronda Rousey with legal action for steroid 'lies' in the media

When Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen were scheduled to fight back in 2013, "Bones" decided the best way to talk trash was to accuse "The American Gangster" of doing steroids his entire career, an accusati read news >>

Ken Porter Has Opportunity Against Former RFA Champ to Boost His Career

Ken Porter's star has been rising fast of late, and a win over former RFA champ Matt Manzanares on Friday night would only take him to new heights. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 73's Frankie Saenz is looking for top 10 opponents

The professional career of Frankie Saenz may have gotten off to a rocky start, but the bantamweight has turned his career around with a six-fight winning streak.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Myles Jury drops to featherweight, among four fighters to leave Alliance MMA

Ranked lightweight Myles Jury has decided to continue his career at featherweight, and has joined a few fighters who are leaving Alliance MMA in favor of an Arizona gym. It looks like Myles Jury is s read news >>

Coach: Fedor Emelianenko an 'easy fight' for Jon Jones

"I have not even spoken to Jon about it, but looking at how, you know, Fedor's fights towards the end of his career [went], I think unless he changed something, I think it's an easy fight for Jon." I read news >>

Coach: Fedor would be an easy fight for Jon Jones

Mike Winkeljohn likes Jon Jones' chances against the Russian MMA legend and free agent Fedor Emelianenko. read news >>

Building the Ultimate UFC 194 Fight Card

Damon Martin of Fox Sports recently reported that the UFC is targeting Dec. 5 as a potential date for Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate III. The amount of bad blood and ch read news >>

Video: Roddy Piper was turning 'Piper's Pit' over to Chael Sonnen following GFW reenactment

Last Thursday was a very sad day for pro wrestling fans, as well as Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, after news spread that WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" R read news >>

Roger Huerta vs Koji Ando announced as ONE finalizes full fight card for 'Dynasty Of Champions'

ONE Championship recently announced the full line up for ONE: "Dynasty of Champions" in Beijing on Sept. 1, 2015. The organization's second event in China this year is set for the Mercedez-Benz Arena read news >>

Rousey set to star in movie version of autobiography

It looks like Rousey's movie career is in full swing as she's got a new project in the works: Starring in the film version of her own autobiography. It's happening, Rousey-ception is upon us. Ronda R read news >>