UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

From Around the Web

Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson fight 'won't happen' at UFC 187, 'mark my words'

Uh oh. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is going to defend his title against division No. 1 contender Anthony Johnson in the UFC 187 pay-per-view (PPV) main e read news >>

Drug Test? Injury? Chael Sonnen says UFC 187's Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson 'won't happen, mark my words'

Chael Sonnen gave interesting answers about Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson and Anderson Silva's failed drug test Chael Sonnen was on Reddit for one of their 'Ask Me Anything' sessions, and the former read news >>

Chael Sonnen Podcast: Georges St-Pierre, ‘I Could Be the Best’

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre recently joined Chael Sonnen and said he could still be the best fighter in mixed martial arts. read news >>

Dana White talks Bellator, Chael Sonnen, Jon Jones and more with Bas Rutten

Dana White talks Bellator, Chael Sonnen, Jon Jones and more with Bas Rutten read news >>

Jon Jones and the fine line between lessons and patterns

• an hour ago

Of all the missteps Jon Jones has taken in his career -- including Sunday’s latest when he allegedly ran a red light in Albuquerque, caused a three-car accident, injured a pregnant woman, and fled th read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Daniel Cormier might lose his s--t around Jon Jones

"There is no relationship between Jon and I. He won. He won on January 3, but that's pretty much all that happened. Nothing changed. Nothing will change and we will fight again. We'll make sure the r read news >>

Morning Report: Daniel Cormier says he can't promise he wouldn't 'lose his s**t' if he ran into Jon Jones

Daniel Cormier might be getting over the loss, but he's certainly not done with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. Jones scored a unanimous decision victory over Cormier in the main event at U read news >>

UFC 187: Alexander Gustafsson says Anthony Johnson punches harder, but Jon Jones wins the fight

It looks like "Rumble's" punching power won't be enough to dethrone "Bones," according to "The Mauler." When looking at the most powerful punchers in all of mixed martial arts (MMA), Anthony Johnson read news >>

The MMA Hour - 275 - Tom Lawlor

Tom Lawlor reviews his WrestleMania experience and updates us on his career. read news >>