UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Anthony Johnson: Daniel Cormier hasn't 'earned' time off before Jon Jones rematch

SAO PAULO – UFC light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier believes he has the right to conduct his anticipated rematch with Jon Jones on his own terms. Anthony Johnson doesn’t.Filed under: Featured, read news >>

'ONE Championship 34: Kingdom of Khmer' heads to Cambodia with Tynanes-Yakhyaev

ONE Championship is heading to Cambodia in December for “ONE Championship 34: Kingdom of Khmer,” officials recently announced.Filed under: News read news >>

James Thompson's gambling addiction nearly ruined his MMA career

James Thompson can pinpoint the moment it all went downhill: May 31, 2008 is a date that will stick firm in his memory, and many longtime MMA fans remember it just as well.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Jon Jones Gets GAT as First New Sponsor Since UFC Reinstatement

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has landed GAT, his first new sponsor since being reinstated by the UFC. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Talks Jon Jones UFC Rematch, Pay-Per-View Target, More

Daniel Cormier believes a rematch between him and Jon Jones has the potential to be a "really, really big" fight, one that he feels can increase their previous pay-per-view numbers by more than doubl read news >>

How Jon Jones' humor, fight IQ are helping Holly Holm for UFC 193 headliner

LOS ANGELES – While Jon Jones continues to rehab his image and prepare for his eventual return to the cage, the former champion is getting high praise from a notable teammate.Filed under: Featured Vi read news >>

UFC champ Daniel Cormier reveals PPV buy totals, predicts Jon Jones rematch

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier said, at 36, he’s been around long enough to know what’s hot and what’s not.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Glory Kickboxing 25: Milan Fight Card, Schedule and Predictions

Despite Glory Kickboxing recently losing its television deal with Spike TV, the shows must go on. On Friday, Nov. 6, Glory 25 in Milan will take place. The promotion's website lists the lightweight t read news >>

Ronda Rousey 'Willing to Die' in Octagon as Holly Holm Hails Jon Jones Influence

UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has revealed she was willing to die in the Octagon to win a previous bout, as her lucrative showdown with Holly Holm at UFC 193 edges ever closer. Rousey has bl read news >>

Cosmo Alexandre signs exclusive deal with WSOF

Kickboxing star and Bellator veteran Cosmo Alexandre has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with WSOF, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>