UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Lawler vs. Woodley: Career Stats, Odds, Highlights for Both Before UFC 201

When "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler competes, there's a good chance he's winning Fight of the Night. The reigning welterweight champion has taken Fight of the Night honors in four of his last six bouts, wi read news >>

Lawrence DiGiulio Taking Aim at Inaugural WSOF Global Flyweight Championship

Larry Diguilio knows he has a tough semifinal bout in front of him, but is taking aim at the inaugural WSOF Global flyweight championship anyway. read news >>

Chael Sonnen’s UFC 201 Main Event Breakdown: Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley

Former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen weighs in on the UFC 201 main event welterweight championship bout between Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley. read news >>

VIDEO: Urijah Faber Talks PEDs, Brock Lesnar, and Chad Mendes

Urijah Faber reflects on his career and also shares his thoughts on Brock Lesnar and Chad Mendes’ recent involvement with PEDs. read news >>

Brock Lesnar’s MMA Career is Done

Unless Brock Lesnar is somehow completely exonerated for testing positive to a banned substance, he is done with MMA. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Plans to Wait for Ronda Rousey’s UFC Return

Fresh off the biggest win over her career over Miesha Tate at UFC 200 to capture the women's bantamweight title, Amanda Nunes is hoping for an even bigger fight in her first title defense. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Rails on Association of Boxing Commissions’ Rules Changes (Video)

Chael Sonnen isn't cheering the ABC's recent MMA rules changes, particularly when it comes to the rule about what constitutes a downed fighter. read news >>

UFC 202 Video: Conor McGregor – The Takedown

In this episode of The Takedown, Conor McGregor sits down to discuss his confident mindset, career success, gift of gab, and bright future in the UFC. read news >>

Jon Jones Takes Plea Deal in Drag Racing Case

Jon Jones, already on probation for a felony hit-and-run case, accepted a plea deal in Albuquerque Metropolitan Court on Thursday. read news >>

Jon Jones Teases Quick Return from USADA Suspension in Instagram Post

Jon Jones has had a rough 12 months, but the former UFC light heavyweight champ feels like things are starting to turn around. That seems to be the case, at least, as Jones indicated he may be back i read news >>