UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Morning Report: Doling career advice, Chael Sonnen says Jon Jones needs to 'turn controversy into cash'

Chael Sonnen knows a thing or two about damage control. Be it a conviction for money laundering, failed drugs tests or being fired from a hosting role at FOX Sports, the former UFC contender has alwa read news >>

Would Impressive Win Over Bobby Voelker Punch Mike Estus’ UFC Ticket?

Nearly ending his MMA career recently, Mike Estus heads into Saturday's Shamrock FC believing a win over Bobby Voelker could propel him into the UFC. read news >>

Chael Sonnen has advice for ex-UFC rival Jon Jones: Turn your controversy into cash

"The American Gangster" doles out some advice to "Bones" on how he can win the mixed martial arts (MMA) masses over and turn his image around. From beloved Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) supers read news >>

Chael Sonnen sees opportunity for Jon Jones to turn controversy into cash

Chael Sonnen gives his take on how Jon Jones should return to the UFC. On Tuesday, it was announced that Jon Jones would not be serving jail time for the hit-and-run incident he was involved in in Ap read news >>

Chael Sonnen: 'History is not going to reflect well on Fedor Emelianenko'

• a day ago

Forgettable. That's how Chael Sonnen sees Fedor Emelianenko's MMA career in the future. The retired UFC star thinks hardcore MMA fans have a skewed perspective of Emelianenko and his accomplishments, read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Fedor Emelianeko is definitely overrated, history won't reflect well on his MMA career

• a day ago

If your looking for an honest opinion on any topic -- not just mixed martial arts (MMA) -- Chael Sonnen is your man. The former UFC middleweight contender isn't shy in telling Holly Holm that non of read news >>

Nick Diaz Reacts to Drug Suspension, UFC Star's Lawyer Confirms Intent to Appeal

The lawyer of Nick Diaz has outlined his intent to appeal the UFC fighter's recently administered ban, issued for multiple failed drug tests, with Diaz himself reacting angrily to the sanctions. As w read news >>

Medication, Fights and Suicide: Nick Diaz opens up after potential career ending ban

Medication, street fights, and losing loved ones. Nick Diaz opened up for the first time about his childhood following a suspension that could potentially end his MMA career. Nick Diaz was dealt a sh read news >>

Nick Diaz opens old wounds on a dark day in his career

Moments after the Nevada Athletic Commission handed Nick Diaz a controversial five-year suspension, the popular fighter opened up to MMAFighting.com, perhaps like never before. Here's what Diaz had t read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Holly Holm not telling the truth about her ridiculous, invalid boxing championships

Holly Holm's credentials as a professional boxing champion were well advertised as she transitioned into the sport of mixed martial arts (MMA). Before signing with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC read news >>