UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Anthony Johnson Skips Jon Jones, Calls Out Daniel Cormier | MMAWeekly.com

Anthony Johnson isn't waiting around for Jon Jones, he's taking aim at UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier. read news >>

Tito Ortiz: Chael Sonnen Payback Would be a Great Way to End His Career | MMAWeekly.com

For Tito Ortiz, there is no better way to end his career than to exact payback upon Chael Sonnen. read news >>

Why Does BJ Penn Want to Return Now? | MMAWeekly.com

After seemingly ending his career, over the past two years, UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn has had time to reconsider. So, why come back now? read news >>

Chael Sonnen's Anger Motivated His Return | MMAWeekly.com

Ready to fight at gangster weight, Chael Sonnen signed with Bellator to make his MMA return. He said it's because he is angry. read news >>

Would Luke Rockhold Pose Nude for His Modeling Career? | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has delved into modeling. Inside MMA talked to him about it, as well as his rematch with Jacare Souza and relationship with Demi Lovato. read news >>

Forget Tito Ortiz, Make Chael Sonnen versus ‘MVP’ | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports We seem to be saying the same thing over and over again with regard to recent signings to Bellator MMA, but Chael Sonnen’s marketability makes him the bigges read news >>

What Kind of Impact Can Chael Sonnen Make for Bellator?

Little by little, Bellator has chipped away at the UFC’s stable of talent, taking a supporting player here, a headliner there. From Phil Davis to Benson Henderson to Rory MacDonald, the additions hav read news >>

After going to judges for entire UFC career, Michel Prazeres has knockout planned in Brazil

Like many fighters who get asked about a penchant to go to the judges’ scorecards, Michel Prazeres believes there’s good reason he hasn’t been able to finish the four fighters he has wins over in the read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95: Renan Barao vs. Phillipe Nover video highlights

After the first two-fight losing skid of his career, Renan Barao is back in the win column. The former bantamweight champ picked up a much-needed win over Phillipe Nover.Filed under: News, UFC, Video read news >>