UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

UFC 200 Free Fight: Jon Jones Makes Quick Work of Chael Sonnen

Jon Jones defended his light heavyweight belt for the fifth time when he defeated Chael Sonnen at UFC 159. Check out that fight. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: The Jon Jones Situation

Jon Jones is in a very similar situation that Chael Sonnen was a few years ago. Listen here for Chael's perspective on Jon's failed drug test and press conference. read news >>

Two UFC Veterans Allege Jon Jones Tested Positive for Estrogen Blockers

Rashad Evans and Chael Sonnen allege that Jon Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers in the drug test that led to him being pulled from UFC 200. read news >>

Bad Blood Boils Over Between Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen

Chael Sonnen's recent comments on Jon Jones being yanked from UFC 200 has stirred a hornet's nest, and now there's some choice words between the two camps. read news >>

UFC Icon Chael Sonnen Looks to Reinvent Grappling with Submission Underground

Chael Sonnen reinvented the mixed martial arts game, at least from a promotional point of view, during his decade-plus career as a perennial UFC contender. Known for his motor mouth, even more so tha read news >>

Nevada Identifies Jon Jones Flagged Substances, Extends His Suspension

The Nevada Athletic Commission on Monday confirmed two substances that interim UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones tested positive for prior to UFC 200. read news >>

Jon Jones Tested Positive for Anti-Estrogen, NSAC Approves Temporary Suspension

Current interim UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has received a "temporary suspension" after testing positive for two estrogen blockers. Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie reported the suspension M read news >>

Wilson Reis Goes from UFC 201 Title Fight to Facing Octagon Newbie

UFC 201 has gone from the opportunity of his career for Wilson Reis to one of the riskiest fights of his career. read news >>

Jon Jones Takes to Twitter, Admits ‘I’m a Victim of My Own Ignorance’

UFC Interim light heavyweight champion Jon Jones broke his silence on Monday, and took to social media to explain the potential anti-doping violation that kept him off UFC 200. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Allegedly Tested Positive for Same Estrogen Blocker as Jon Jones

According to a report from the Los Angeles Times, Brock Lesnar allegedly tested positive for one of the same substances as Jon Jones. read news >>