UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Alvarez vs. McGregor: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 205

Conor McGregor has the opportunity to send his already notorious legacy into orbit on Saturday, November 12, when he takes on Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205. The UFC featherweight champion will look to bec read news >>

Woodley fine with proving people wrong, again

Tyron Woodley has been proving people wrong his whole career. Now he's the welterweight champ and is still an underdog and is ready to prove the doubters wrong yet again. read news >>

UFC boss Dana White: 'I would never take the risk of headlining a show with Jon Jones again'

UFC President Dana White appears to have lost faith in former UFC champion Jon Jones following his one-year suspension from the U.S. Anti-Doping Association (USADA) for a failed drug test prior to UF read news >>

UFC 205's Tim Boetsch quietly registers his 20th career UFC fight

NEW YORK – Tim Boetsch has seen a lot during his decade-long career, and he’s thankful the majority of it has come in the UFC octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 205's Belal Muhammad on career goals: 'I want to be a needle-mover'

NEW YORK – Belal Muhammad wants to be a fighter that goes down in the MMA history books. That’s why he adopted the nickname “Remember the Name,” and why he fights with a style he knows fans of the sp read news >>

An Academic Analysis of Joanna Jedrzejczyk's Trash Talk | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC Reigning UFC Women's Strawweight Champion Joanna "Champion" Jedrzejczyk recently told us that she doesn't like trash talk and doesn't engage in it. And perhaps that's read news >>

Raquel Pennington Retires Miesha Tate at UFC New York (UFC 205 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Raquel Pennington won a unanimous decision and Miesha Tate called it a career. read news >>

Conor McGregor Pretends to Apologize After Winning 2nd Title at UFC 205

Conor McGregor faced the toughest opponent of his career at UFC 205 and posted what may have been his most dominant win to date. Opposite now-former lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, McGregor lande read news >>

UFC 205: Raquel Pennington vs. Miesha Tate video highlights

Raquel Pennington picked up the biggest win of her pro career when she topped Miesha Tate, her former coach on “The Ultimate Fighter.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (1 p.m. ET): Chael Sonnen and UFC 205 recap

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guest Chael Sonnen and a recap of the weekend’s big UFC 205 event.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>