UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Paulo Filho admits use of cocaine during WEC career, says Jon Jones will use it again

Former PRIDE star and WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho once was one of the best fighters in the world, but never really achieved what his teammates expected him to. For years, training partners read news >>

Chael Sonnen shoots down rumors of a comeback, reflects on career

Could the "American Gangster," Chael Sonnen, return to the cage for a comeback fight? While it's an idea that would certainly draw major interest, and it's one that's already been floated by Mike Rob read news >>

Forty-Year-Old Glena Avila Takes Aim at KOTC Championship After Recent Win

She may be 40 years of age, but Glena Avila is taking aim at the King of the Cage strawweight championship. read news >>

UFC 189 Embedded, Ep 3: Chael Sonnen Blows Up Chad Mendes’ Phone

Trolling or sabotage? Chael Sonnen proves to be a major distraction as he blows up Chad Mendes' phone one week out from UFC 189. read news >>

VIDEO: Is Conor McGregor the New Chael Sonnen? Muhammad Ali? Nope!

Try to compare Conor McGregor to Chael Sonnen... the brash Irishman will have none of it. He's been compared to Sonnen, to Muhammad Ali, and everyone else. read news >>

Teammate: Jon Jones ‘being positive’, back to training in Albuquerque

Jon Jones’ hit-and-run case might be taken to a grand jury, but the former UFC light heavyweight champion is "being positive" about the entire situation. The UFC star, who got stripped of the title a read news >>

B.J. Penn says his greatest career moment didn't come in MMA

B.J. Penn is one of just two men to win UFC titles in two different weight classes. He has the most wins in UFC lightweight history and owns victories over some of the biggest names to ever step into read news >>

Chael Sonnen to UFC fighters: Feel free to do Dana White's job for him

Listen up, fighters. Chael Sonnen has been watching you, and he’s not impressed by your performances. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC champ Ronda Rousey and Mark Wahlberg set to co-star in 'Mile 22'

Ronda Rousey’s film career appears set to continue with “Mile 22,” a film starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Peter Berg, according to “The Hollywood Reporter.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor fight picks: Bloody Elbow staff picks from McGregor's UFC career

Take a different look back at the UFC career of Conor McGregor as we look at how the BE staff picked his 5 UFC fights heading into UFC 189. Not sure if you have heard, but next week some guy named Co read news >>