UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Daniel Cormier Reveals UFC 200 Game Plan for Jon Jones Rematch

Light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier and former titleholder Jon Jones will rematch at UFC 200. Cormier says he’s not changing his game plan from their first fight. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Weighs in on Kevin Costner’s Desire for Olympic MMA

On this episode of Beyond the Fight, Chael Sonnen weighs in on award winning actor Kevin Costner's desire to see mixed martial arts in the Olympics. read news >>

How Daniel Cormier Can Beat Jon Jones at UFC 200

Daniel Cormier, be careful what you wish for. Sometimes dreams come true. For Cormier, that day comes at UFC 200. He'll get one more chance to prove that he can beat Jon Jones, widely considered the read news >>

UFC 200 Free Fight: Jon Jones Dominates, Defends Belt Against Daniel Cormier

Relive the first match-up between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier at UFC 182 before their heated rivalry hits the Octagon again at UFC 200. read news >>

Daniel Cormier: Stem Cells Have Him on Track for Jon Jones at UFC 200

UFC light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier says stem cells have his injured leg on the mend. His only UFC 200 stumbling block? Himself. read news >>

Paige VanZant Confirms Ronda Rousey Cussed Her Out, Calls Confrontation ‘Unnecessary’

Popular strawweight Paige VanZant confirmed that she was recently cussed out by former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey for congratulating Holly Holm. read news >>

Drew Brokenshire Stepping Out as He Takes His Career to the Next Level

Finding it harder to get fights in his region, Drew Brokenshire is stepping out in an attempt to take his career to the next level. read news >>

Stephanie Alba Ready to Unleash the Cyclone on Combate Americas

Following an extensive amateur career, Stephanie Alba has had a strong start to her pro career, and now she's going to unleash the Cyclone on Combate Americas. read news >>

With His Career on the Rebound, Sergei Kharitonov Hunting Bellator Championship

In the midst of a career resurgence, Pride veteran Sergei Kharitonov is hunting a Bellator championship. read news >>

Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 198

After years of rumors and speculation, Cris Cyborg makes her long-awaited, much-anticipated UFC debut on Saturday at UFC 198 in Curitiba, Brazil, against Leslie Smith in a 140-pound catchweight match read news >>