UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

When is an interim title fight not an interim title fight? When it involves Jon Jones

The UFC may be a little interim title-happy recently, but with Jon Jones returning to action, here’s one instance where the interim title might feel more legit than the real thing by the time all is read news >>

Jones vs. Saint Preux: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 197

Instead of a rematch between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier to headline UFC 197 on Apr. 23, Jones will be taking on Ovince Saint Preux after Cormier had to withdraw from the fight due to injury. A ligh read news >>

UFC 197 preview: A closer look at Jon Jones' career statistics

Former UFC light heavyweight champion and pound-for-pound great Jon Jones returns to the UFC octagon for the first time in 16 months as part of Saturday’s headlining act of UFC 197 at Las Vegas’ MGM read news >>

UFC 197 Medical Suspensions: Jon Jones, OSP Possibly Sidelined for Six Months

Jon Jones recently returned to championship status, winning the interim version of the UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 197 on Saturday in Las Vegas. read news >>

Jon Jones Injury Update: UFC Star Reportedly May Face 6-Month Medical Suspension

MMA fighter Jon Jones is reportedly facing a possible six-month medical suspension and needs an X-ray on his left foot. According to MMAFighting.com, Jones was one of 10 fighters who received potenti read news >>

Former UFC Champion Jens Pulver Enjoying a Life of Giving Back

Following an accomplished fight career, former UFC champion Jens Pulver is drawing on his struggles to help give back to others. read news >>

VIDEO: Jon Jones Talks P4P Top Ranking and Demetrious Johnson’s Claim to It

UFC champion Jon Jones discusses his place in the pound-for-pound rankings and addresses flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson's claim that he's the top pound-for-pound fighter. read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2 Announced for UFC 200: Full Match Card, Reaction

After pulling Conor McGregor from the card, the UFC needed to do something drastic to ensure UFC 200 would live up to its status as one of the most highly anticipated pay-per-views of 2016. The compa read news >>

With Conor McGregor Out, Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones Rematch Heads UFC 200

Dana White and a bevy of UFC fighters took over GMA to announce that the rematch between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones would now headline UFC 200. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2: Early Odds for UFC 200 Main Event

UFC officially announced Wednesday that the rematch between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight championship is set to headline UFC 200 in July. The highly anticipated clash replac read news >>