The UFC and EA Sports on Monday announced UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones as the first cover athlete for the new EA Sports UFC video game.
“It’s a huge honor to be selected as one of the fighters to appear on the cover of EA SPORTS UFC,” said Jones. “I am a big fan of EA SPORTS and appearing on a cover is one of those things you dream about as a kid. I’ll definitely be following the Cover Vote to see which fighter the fans choose to join me as the face of the game.”
The Cover Vote that Jones mentioned is a way for fans to get in on the action and determine the athlete that will grace the EA Sports UFC game cover opposite Jones.
Sixteen fighters will square off in a bracket-style elimination tournament with fans voting to determine the winner in each pairing. The winners of the initial “Prelims” round of voting will then move on to a round of eight fighters dubbed the “main card.” The winners of the main card pairings will then move on to the final four in the “co-main event” round of two match-ups. The winners of the co-main event pairings then move on the “Title Fight,” with the winner earning to spot with Jones on the cover of the game.
Voting opens Monday at http://www.ufc.com/covervote.
EA SPORTS UFC Cover Vote Schedule
- Round of 16 : Prelims – Voting from Mon, Nov. 4 – Sun, Nov. 10
- Round of 8 : Main Card – Voting from Mon, Nov. 11 – Sun, Nov. 17
- Final Four : Co-Main Event – Voting from Mon, Nov. 18 – Sun, Nov. 24
- Finals : Title Fight – Voting from Mon, Nov. 19 – Sun, Dec. 1
EA SPORTS UFC Prelims Match-ups
- Urijah Faber vs. Michael Bisping
- Johny Hendricks vs. Dominick Cruz
- Anthony Pettis vs. Demetrious Johnson
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Daniel Cormier
- Georges St-Pierre vs. Chris Weidman
- Junior dos Santos vs. Chael Sonnen
- Jose Aldo vs. Benson Henderson
- Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate