Johny Hendricks at UFC 141UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz features the who’s who of the 170-pound division.  Georges St-Pierre faces Nick Diaz in the main event for the welterweight title, but the highest ranked welterweight on the card not named St-Pierre is Johny Hendricks.

Hendricks was originally scheduled to take on Jake Ellenberger at UFC 158, but an injury to Carlos Condit’s opponent, Rory McDonald, shook up the card.

Hendricks was removed from the bout with Ellenberger and placed against Condit, while Ellenberger got a new opponent in Nate Marquardt.

Hendricks spoke about the change of opponent on a recent UFC 158 media conference call.

“You got to constantly be adaptable, meaning that, of course I wanted to fight Georges St-Pierre, but he chose somebody else; fine, cool. I had Jake Ellenberger.  I trained very hard for him then I was able to get Carlos Condit, an excellent fighter, that’s what it’s all about,” said Hendricks.

“You take it fight by fight, day by day. That’s how I live it. That’s how I train. Nothing else matters but Carlos Condit at this point. If I even think about overlooking him, he’ll definitely beat me. So I got to go out there and nothing else matters but Carlos Condit,” he said.

On the same media conference call, Nick Diaz commented that “nobody wants to see” a “wrestling match” between Hendricks and St-Pierre.  Hendricks said Diaz’ comments didn’t bother him.

“No it doesn’t because if he’s watching my fights, when have I ever took anybody down? You know what I mean? I have wrestling, yes, I do; my background is wrestling. I have knockout power. Just because I don’t go out there and use it all, you don’t have to use it all to win fights,” said Hendricks.  “He has his opinion and I’ve got mine; it doesn’t matter.”

Hendricks is on a five-fight win streak, including knocking out Martin Kampmann and Jon Fitch in a matter of seconds in the first rounds of their fights.  But winning is what is most important to Hendricks.

“The most important thing is to win fights. It doesn’t matter how you do it. If that means you got to take that end to get a win like Georges does, then do it. It’s about getting your hand raised and the fans like that. So it is what it is,” said the welterweight contender.

“The only thing that matters is like Georges said is everybody’s got to be on top, but there can only be one and we’re all fighting to get there.”

UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz takes place on March 16 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

On The Rise: UFC International Fight Week Edition

Amidst the sea of big names and marquee fights set to take place in Las Vegas stands a quartet of up-and-coming fighters looking to make a name for themselves between Thursday evening and Sunday morn read news >>

The 10: The Best of the Best from the Best Month in UFC History

Take a look at the 10 best fights from one of the best fight months in UFC history. This is The 10 for July. read news >>

Reasons to watch Fight Night Las Vegas/Ultimate Fighter Finale

Two title fights before UFC 200 even begins? Yeah, we have a few reasons to watch Fight Night: Dos Anjos vs Alvarez and The Ultimate Fighter Finale featuring the strawweight title fight between Joann read news >>

VIDEO: Ross Pearson Calls Will Brooks a Zero, Wants Fights with Conor McGregor and Rafael dos Anjos

After his fight with Will Brooks, Ross Pearson would like to move on to bigger and better fights, including the likes of Conor McGregor, Rafael dos Anjos, and Cowboy Cerrone. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 23: Ep. 12 Preview

It all comes down to this, the final two semifinal fights to determine the finalists for this season of The Ultimate Fighter in the light heavyweight and women's strawweight divisions. Don't miss the read news >>

UFC 200 Weigh-in Results: Miesha Tate Averts Missing Cut-Off; Johny Hendricks Misses Weight

Though she pushed the time limit to the wire, bantamweight champ Miesha Tate made weight for UFC 200. Johny Hendricks did not. read news >>

Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

Johny Hendricks and Kelvin Gastelum were both staring down the worst possible question that can be raised about an athlete: "How good could they have been?" Hendricks became an overnight sensation wh read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Kelvin Gastelum Takes the Win Over Fading Johny Hendricks

Watch highlights as Kelvin Gastelum takes the win over a fading Johny Hendricks at UFC 200 in Las Vegas. read news >>

Velasquez drops Browne in 1st Round

After dealing with injuries that limited him to just five fights since 2012, the old Cain Velasquez showed up at UFC 200, as the former two-time heavyweight champion blasted through Travis Browne in read news >>

UFC 200: The Fights Weren't the Problem, but the Pacing Was

As we sit here in the afterglow of a week when the UFC flat out bludgeoned its fans into veritable submission with nearly an entire day’s worth of fistfights spread across three consecutive nights, t read news >>