Johny Hendricks at UFC 141With three wins over top ten opponents in the last 12 months, Johny Hendricks stands head and shoulders above any other welterweight contender right now.

Hendricks flattened former teammate Martin Kampmann at UFC 154 to solidify his spot as the top dog in the division, and now he’s just waiting word on when he’ll get the chance to face champion Georges St-Pierre.

Through those three wins he’s picked up, Hendricks has twice knocked out opponents with first round victories over Jon Fitch and Martin Kampmann using his deadly left head. But to hear Hendricks tell it, that’s not even his most dangerous weapon.

“That’s why I laugh when people say ‘we’ve figured out your left hand.’ My boxing isn’t my strong point. It’s something I’ve only been doing for five years; I’ve only been striking for five years. I’ve done wrestling my whole entire life,” Hendricks told MMAWeekly Radio. “So if anybody’s going to say anything, wrestling is my strong point. I feel my jiu-jitsu is better than my hands.”

Wrestling is a weapon that St-Pierre has established very well over the last several years, but former NCAA champion Hendricks isn’t backing down from a grappling match with the Canadian icon.

The only caveat to the whole St-Pierre vs. Hendricks fight happening is a potential super fight still looming overhead involving UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. St-Pierre and Silva have been tied together in a potential fight for mid-2013 in what could be the biggest fight in UFC history.

Hendricks isn’t upset however that he may have to wait for several months to get a shot at St-Pierre because all that’s going to do is allow him time to get better.

“I can only get better. Look at how much better I got in just three months of being able to focus on training. I’m still developing as a fighter; I’ve only had 14 fights in my career. I think once I hit 20 fights that’s where I’m going to be at my peak,” said Hendricks.

“Always improving, that’s the No. 1 goal of mine.”

Check out the entire MMAWeekly.com interview with Hendricks below where he talks about the win over Kampmann and his eventual showdown with Georges St-Pierre:

UFC 200 Primer: Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum Head-to-Toe Breakdown

UFC 200 is an extraordinarily deep fight card featuring two upper-echelon welterweights as a preliminary contest. Johny Hendricks (17-4), ranked No. 6 according to Bleacher Report, takes on Kelvin Ga read news >>

On The Rise: UFC International Fight Week Edition

Amidst the sea of big names and marquee fights set to take place in Las Vegas stands a quartet of up-and-coming fighters looking to make a name for themselves between Thursday evening and Sunday morn read news >>

The 10: The Best of the Best from the Best Month in UFC History

Take a look at the 10 best fights from one of the best fight months in UFC history. This is The 10 for July. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Weighs In on BJ Penn’s IV Ban Suspension

Chael Sonnen weighs in on UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn's recent suspension for violating the IV ban portion of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy. read news >>

Reasons to watch Fight Night Las Vegas/Ultimate Fighter Finale

Two title fights before UFC 200 even begins? Yeah, we have a few reasons to watch Fight Night: Dos Anjos vs Alvarez and The Ultimate Fighter Finale featuring the strawweight title fight between Joann read news >>

VIDEO: Ross Pearson Calls Will Brooks a Zero, Wants Fights with Conor McGregor and Rafael dos Anjos

After his fight with Will Brooks, Ross Pearson would like to move on to bigger and better fights, including the likes of Conor McGregor, Rafael dos Anjos, and Cowboy Cerrone. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 23: Ep. 12 Preview

It all comes down to this, the final two semifinal fights to determine the finalists for this season of The Ultimate Fighter in the light heavyweight and women's strawweight divisions. Don't miss the read news >>

UFC 200 Weigh-in Results: Miesha Tate Averts Missing Cut-Off; Johny Hendricks Misses Weight

Though she pushed the time limit to the wire, bantamweight champ Miesha Tate made weight for UFC 200. Johny Hendricks did not. read news >>

Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

Lightweight Sage "Super" Northcutt (8-1) rebounded from his recent loss to Bryan Barberena by eking out a decision win over Enrique "Wasabi" Marin (8-4) at UFC 200 on Saturday. The three-round, 15-mi read news >>

Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

Johny Hendricks and Kelvin Gastelum were both staring down the worst possible question that can be raised about an athlete: "How good could they have been?" Hendricks became an overnight sensation wh read news >>