Johny Hendricks at UFC 141With three wins over top ten opponents in the last 12 months, Johny Hendricks stands head and shoulders above any other welterweight contender right now.

Hendricks flattened former teammate Martin Kampmann at UFC 154 to solidify his spot as the top dog in the division, and now he’s just waiting word on when he’ll get the chance to face champion Georges St-Pierre.

Through those three wins he’s picked up, Hendricks has twice knocked out opponents with first round victories over Jon Fitch and Martin Kampmann using his deadly left head. But to hear Hendricks tell it, that’s not even his most dangerous weapon.

“That’s why I laugh when people say ‘we’ve figured out your left hand.’ My boxing isn’t my strong point. It’s something I’ve only been doing for five years; I’ve only been striking for five years. I’ve done wrestling my whole entire life,” Hendricks told MMAWeekly Radio. “So if anybody’s going to say anything, wrestling is my strong point. I feel my jiu-jitsu is better than my hands.”

Wrestling is a weapon that St-Pierre has established very well over the last several years, but former NCAA champion Hendricks isn’t backing down from a grappling match with the Canadian icon.

The only caveat to the whole St-Pierre vs. Hendricks fight happening is a potential super fight still looming overhead involving UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. St-Pierre and Silva have been tied together in a potential fight for mid-2013 in what could be the biggest fight in UFC history.

Hendricks isn’t upset however that he may have to wait for several months to get a shot at St-Pierre because all that’s going to do is allow him time to get better.

“I can only get better. Look at how much better I got in just three months of being able to focus on training. I’m still developing as a fighter; I’ve only had 14 fights in my career. I think once I hit 20 fights that’s where I’m going to be at my peak,” said Hendricks.

“Always improving, that’s the No. 1 goal of mine.”

Check out the entire MMAWeekly.com interview with Hendricks below where he talks about the win over Kampmann and his eventual showdown with Georges St-Pierre:

Michael Bisping: 3 Potential Fights for Him After His UFC 186 Win

Michael Bisping made a statement Saturday night at UFC 186. Fresh off a demoralizing defeat at the hands of Luke Rockhold, he needed to regain divisional form against a predictable C.B. Dollaway. Wit read news >>

UFC 186: Results and Reactions from Saturday's Biggest Fights

UFC 186 wasn't loaded with big names, but it was a crucial event for those who were on the card. Rampage Jackson looked to make a successful return to the Octagon. After a three-fight stint in Bellat read news >>

UFC 186's Chad Laprise bothered by lack of recent finishes

Chad Laprise started his career with five consecutive stoppage victories. In more than three years since then, however, he’s failed to put an opponent away inside the distance.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

How to watch Demetrious Johnson vs Kyoji Horiguchi UFC 186 'Prelims' fights live online

Before the "Johnson vs. Horiguchi" mixed martial arts (MMA) pay-per-view (PPV) fight card gets underway later this evening (Sat., April 25, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, live from the Bell Centre in Montreal, read news >>

How to watch Anthony Pettis vs Rafael Dos Anjos UFC 186 'Prelims' fights live online

How Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao, 'Fight of the Century,' came to be

A look at how one of the biggest fights in recent boxing history came together. read news >>

The UFC's Top 5 Greatest Fights

The UFC is airing a special on Fox Sports 1 that runs down the five fights they picked as the best in the promotion's history. Check out the fights that they picked. What are the best fights in UFC h read news >>

UFC fight bookings roundup - 4/9 – 4/23/15

The UFC has booked another slew of fights over the last week. Here is a quick rundown of what they put together. Since the UFC has decided to produce 50+ events in 2015, there is a remarkable amount read news >>

UFC 186 weigh-in video

At the UFC 186 weigh-ins, all 24 fighters taking part in Saturday night's UFC 186 fights will step on the scale Friday evening, and we'll have the live video here at MMAFighting.com.In the main event read news >>