Former Bellator featherweight champion Joe Warren took to twitter to attack bantamweight champ Eduardo Dantas for withdrawing from the Bellator 118 title fight this Saturday.

Bellator MMA revealed on Saturday afternoon that their bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas has ben sidelined indefinitely after suffering a head injury in training. Joe Warren, his original opponent, is now scheduled to meet tournament winner Rafael Silva in the main event for an interim title.

"This is setback for me," Dantas said in a press release. "I'm not feeling right at the moment, but I am a fighter and have been a fighter since my childhood and I promise that I will be back stronger than ever. I want to thank Bjorn and Bellator for taking care of me during this process, for flying me across the world to get top specialists to see me. And, when I am ready to fight, I will show everyone once again why the belt has been wrapped around my waist."

This is not the first time Dantas has been forced onto the sidelines with a severe head injury, as he had previously suffered a brutal knockout loss to Tyson Nam at Shooto Brazil 33, which forced him to withdraw from his title fight at Bellator 79.  He would not return to the cage until Bellator 89, where he defeated Marcos Galvão via second round KO.

While head injuries are clearly no joking matter, former Bellator featherweight champ Joe Warren does not appear to be convinced that his opponent is actually injured, and later took to twitter to attack the champion for his withdrawal.

Bellator 118 takes place at the Revel Atlantic City in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Bellator 137's Eduardo Dantas was in no rush to return to cage after title loss

  • 14 days ago
  • 2 views

Eduardo Dantas took time off to get better following his Bellator title loss to Joe Warren last October.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Eduardo Dantas says he was promised Bellator title shot with win over Mike Richman

  • 12 days ago
  • 0 views

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Eduardo Dantas will finally return to the Bellator cage. Initially slated to meet Mike Richman at March’s Bellator 135, the former bantamweight champion will co-headline Friday’s Be read news >>

Eduardo Dantas vs. Mike Richman scrapped from Bellator 137

  • 12 days ago
  • 5 views

Bellator 137 has lost its co-main event. The bantamweight showdown between former champion Eduardo Dantas and Mike Richman, scheduled for Friday’s Bellator event in Temecula, Calif., was canceled aft read news >>

Eduardo Dantas and Mike Richman agree on terms, fight back on for Bellator 137

  • 12 days ago
  • 8 views

Eduardo Dantas and Mike Richman will fight after all. The bantamweight clash, initially scrapped from Friday’s Bellator 137 card when Dantas and Richman couldn’t agree on details after Richman missed read news >>

Eduardo Dantas explains why he didn't cancel tonight's Bellator 137 co-headliner

  • 11 days ago
  • 1 views

For a brief amount of time, Eduardo Dantas figured he wouldn’t be fighting in tonight’s Bellator 137 co-headliner. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Darrion Caldwell: Joe Warren 'gave me the blueprint’ to beat Rafael Silva at Bellator 137

  • 11 days ago
  • 0 views

When it comes to blue-chip prospects, Darrion Caldwell's accolades speak for themselves. Bellator's undefeated up-and-comer made a colligate career out of throttling foes on the mats, cresting in a s read news >>

@JonJones Pokes Fun at Jon Jones Twitter Haters

  • 27 days ago
  • 11 views

So what did @JonJones do when the Twitterati took aim at Jon Jones, not knowing they were firing at @JonJones? Had a little fun... of course! read news >>

Fighters and MMA Personalities React to Jon Jones Being Stripped of UFC Title Via Twitter

  • 27 days ago
  • 174 views

Following Tuesday evening’s announcement that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had been stripped of his title and suspended indefinitely, fighters took to Twitter to react. read news >>

Twitter reacts to UFC stripping Jon Jones of title, Cormier-Johnson headliner at UFC 187

  • 28 days ago
  • 144 views

Controversy surrounding Jon Jones again sent the MMA world into mayhem late Tuesday when the 27-year-old was suspended indefinitely and stripped of his UFC light heavyweight title.Filed under: Featur read news >>