If there’s a more exciting fighter to watch in the UFC than Joe Lauzon, they certainly have not proven it in 2012.

While Lauzon’s record sits at 1-2 for the year, no one would look at it as anything less than impressive especially after his last two fights received “Fight of the Night” honors, and most likely “Fight of the Year” by most standards.

Lauzon gutted out two nasty cuts that were absolutely gushing blood for much of his fight at UFC 155 against Jim Miller to almost pull off two late submissions. He fell short by decision, but Lauzon still deserves a ton of credit for the performance and his ability to make every fight he’s in memorable when it’s over.

To Lauzon the journey to the fight is as important as the end result.

“I don’t really care how the fight goes so much as long as I gave it my all. I go out there and I do the best I can in training and if I did a great job in training, then I really don’t care about how the fight ends,” Lauzon said Saturday night.

“If I lose to somebody, I’m glad it’s a good guy like Jim (Miller).”

Following the fight, Lauzon visited the doctors who were able to seal up the huge gash over his eye that produced the majority of the blood that ended up thrown all over the Octagon during his fight with Miller.

All told according to Lauzon it took 40 stitches to close the wounds, but all in all, he’s doing just fine. (picture released was courtesy of Lauzon from his Instagram account @JoeLauzon)

“40 stitches and a lot of lost blood but I’m all good,” Lauzon wrote on Twitter on Sunday. “Props to Jim Miller on a great fight!”

Lauzon picked up his 12th post fight award at UFC 155 as well, which ties UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva for the most in company history. It’s rarified air that Lauzon breathes in that category and even though he’s going home with a loss, he can hold his head proud with the performance he pulled off on Saturday night.

UFC 200: Submission Artist Joe Lauzon's 5 Bossest Submissions

At UFC 200 on Saturday, Joe Lauzon heads the Fight Pass prelims when he faces Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Diego Sanchez. Lauzon, however, is a seasoned BJJ practitioner as well and has routinely e read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Wants 'Easy Fight' with Conor McGregor After Winning UFC Title

Less than an hour after the biggest win of his amazing career, a first-round victory over Rafael Dos Anjos, newly minted UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez was already back to work. Not fighting, read news >>

Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

For as long as it lasted, Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon was everything we thought it would be at UFC 200 on Saturday. Sanchez came right out to the center of the Octagon as always. He pressured Lauzon read news >>

VIDEO: Joe Lauzon on Quick Win Over Diego Sanchez: ‘Nice to Not Feel Like I Was in a Car Wreck’

Joe Lauzon talks about his win over Diego Sanchez. While fans expected a war, Lauzon is completely happy having made quick work of Sanchez. read news >>

TJ Dillashaw Video: ‘I Want My Belt Back; I Feel Like It’s Rightfully Mine’

Former bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw got back on the winning track at UFC 200, but he's still bitter over losing the belt to Dominick Cruz. read news >>

UFC 200 starts with three quick TKO's

UFC 200 got off to a quick start as Jim Miller, Gegard Mousasi and Joe Lauzon all recorded first round TKO's to start an historic night. read news >>

For Jose Aldo, Winning Interim UFC Belt Means Conor McGregor Purgatory

The current champion has all but abandoned the featherweight division. He’s moved up and out to a higher weight class and a higher-priced zip code, but his presence looms over the rest of the 145-pou read news >>

ONE Championship Receives Major Funding Boost from Multibillion Dollar Fund

In the wake of the UFC’s $4 billion sale, Asia’s biggest MMA promotion has some financial news of its own. ONE Championship has received a major investment. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 91 Results: Tony Ferguson Hands Landon Vannata His First Loss in Instant Classic

Third-ranked lightweight Tony Ferguson extended his winning streak to eight consecutive fights on Wednesday when he submitted Octagon newcomer Landon Vannata. read news >>

Jim Miller vs. Joe Lauzon Rematch Added to UFC on FOX 21

Jim Miller and Joe Lauzon are poised to fight at UFC on FOX 21 in a rematch of their epic battle that dates back to UFC 155, which closed out 2012. read news >>