Jessica AguilarAfter a busy 2010 that saw her fight five times in one year, top women’s MMA strawweight Jessica “Jag” Aguilar has toned things down a bit the last couple of years, fighting only five times total.

Still, she’s maintained a busy training schedule and is currently riding a six-fight winning streak that includes her most recent win this past March over Patricia Vidonic at Bellator 94.

“I had some ring rust because I hadn’t fought in a year,” said Aguilar. “That fight was coming back from the biggest fight of my career. It was a tough fight. Patricia always brings her A-game and always brings the fight, and I respect it.”

Ring rust aside, Aguilar had best be on the top of her game for her next bout as she takes on legendary Japanese women’s MMA pioneer Megumi “Mega Megu” Fujii in her retirement bout at Vale Tudo Japan on Saturday in the Ota City Central Gymnasium in Tokyo.

The bout will be a rematch of when the two fought in Bellator in May of last year, a bout won by Aguilar via unanimous decision.

“I know I’m going to use some of what I did from that past fight, but this is a new fight and is a completely different fight,” said Aguilar. “We’ve went through the videos, my team and I, and we’ve put together a strategy that we’ve trained and I’ll be ready to give all I have.”

Aguilar told MMAWeekly.com that she doesn’t feel one area will determine the outcome of the fight considering how evenly talented in many areas both she and Fujii are.

“I think we’re both very experienced and I think that we’re both well-rounded,” said Aguilar. “(Fujii) has accomplished so much with Judo and wrestling; she’s just done amazing things. I think we’ll both be equally ready.”

Being Fujii’s retirement bout, Aguilar was asked if she feels that the emotions her opponent will be feeling on Oct. 5 will be to her advantage. She replied, “I don’t even think about that.

“I think that I’m going to give her the best fight of her career and she’s going to give me that back. I don’t think I’ll gain anything getting into her head or any of that.”

Aguilar does think she either has to finish Fujii or put on a dominating performance should the fight go to the judges in her opponent’s hometown.

“I have to win strong,” said Aguilar. “Going into her hometown, obviously I want the finish, but I really have to win decisively and make a statement.”

With the possibility of adding another impressive fight to her current winning streak, many opportunities could be available to Aguilar when she returns from Japan. But for right now, all she’s thinking about is Megumi Fujii and nothing else.

“For right now my main focus is Oct. 5 against someone I respect so much,” she said. “After this fight I’ll talk about my other plans, but right now I can’t tell you anything else because my focus is on her.”

Underdog Bisping finally has title shot; plans to flip the script

Michael Bisping wasn't supposed to be the opponent for Luke Rockhold at UFC 199 on June 4 on Pay-Per-View. But "The Count" is used to going off script. Bisping plans to make history and flip that scr read news >>

Brock Lesnar: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Fighter's Potential Return

After he reignited his professional wrestling career, it looked as though Brock Lesnar's days in UFC were over, but the 38-year-old may be nearing a return to the Octagon. Continue for updates. Lesna read news >>

Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

For the first time in his career, Michael Bisping is a UFC champion. Thanks to a left hook followed with some more shots against the cage, Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold in the first round to beco read news >>

VIDEO: Dan Henderson Says UFC 199 May Have Been His Last Fight

MMA legend Dan Henderson discusses the possibility of retirement following his UFC 199 knockout win over Hector Lombard. read news >>

VIDEO: Urijah Faber Talks Possible Retirement After Second Loss to Dominick Cruz

Following his second loss to UFC champion Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber addressed the possibility that retirement could be on the horizon for him. read news >>

RFA Bantamweight Champion Leandro Higo to Carry Olympic Torch in Brazil

RFA bantamweight champion Leandro Higo is set to accomplish another career highlight just 45 days after capturing RFA gold. Higo will carry the Olympic Torch. read news >>

UFC Grants Brock Lesnar A Special Exemption on Drug Testing

If you're a professional fighter coming out of retirement, you must notify the UFC and its drug-testing partner, the United States Anti-Doping Agency, four months in advance. Unless, that is, the UFC read news >>

Former Lightweight Champ Anthony Pettis Moving to the Featherweight Division

After losing three consecutive bouts, former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis plans to make the move down to the featherweight division. read news >>

‘Kimbo Slice’ Wanted to Be Remembered as a Family Man and as a Fighter Who Evolved

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson started his fighting career as a street fighter with heavy hands made famous by Youtube videos of his backyard brawls. read news >>

How Well Do You Remember the Career of Kimbo Slice?

Test your knowledge with a look back at the life and career of Kimbo Slice. read news >>