Jessica AguilarAfter a busy 2010 that saw her fight five times in one year, top women’s MMA strawweight Jessica “Jag” Aguilar has toned things down a bit the last couple of years, fighting only five times total.

Still, she’s maintained a busy training schedule and is currently riding a six-fight winning streak that includes her most recent win this past March over Patricia Vidonic at Bellator 94.

“I had some ring rust because I hadn’t fought in a year,” said Aguilar. “That fight was coming back from the biggest fight of my career. It was a tough fight. Patricia always brings her A-game and always brings the fight, and I respect it.”

Ring rust aside, Aguilar had best be on the top of her game for her next bout as she takes on legendary Japanese women’s MMA pioneer Megumi “Mega Megu” Fujii in her retirement bout at Vale Tudo Japan on Saturday in the Ota City Central Gymnasium in Tokyo.

The bout will be a rematch of when the two fought in Bellator in May of last year, a bout won by Aguilar via unanimous decision.

“I know I’m going to use some of what I did from that past fight, but this is a new fight and is a completely different fight,” said Aguilar. “We’ve went through the videos, my team and I, and we’ve put together a strategy that we’ve trained and I’ll be ready to give all I have.”

Aguilar told MMAWeekly.com that she doesn’t feel one area will determine the outcome of the fight considering how evenly talented in many areas both she and Fujii are.

“I think we’re both very experienced and I think that we’re both well-rounded,” said Aguilar. “(Fujii) has accomplished so much with Judo and wrestling; she’s just done amazing things. I think we’ll both be equally ready.”

Being Fujii’s retirement bout, Aguilar was asked if she feels that the emotions her opponent will be feeling on Oct. 5 will be to her advantage. She replied, “I don’t even think about that.

“I think that I’m going to give her the best fight of her career and she’s going to give me that back. I don’t think I’ll gain anything getting into her head or any of that.”

Aguilar does think she either has to finish Fujii or put on a dominating performance should the fight go to the judges in her opponent’s hometown.

“I have to win strong,” said Aguilar. “Going into her hometown, obviously I want the finish, but I really have to win decisively and make a statement.”

With the possibility of adding another impressive fight to her current winning streak, many opportunities could be available to Aguilar when she returns from Japan. But for right now, all she’s thinking about is Megumi Fujii and nothing else.

“For right now my main focus is Oct. 5 against someone I respect so much,” she said. “After this fight I’ll talk about my other plans, but right now I can’t tell you anything else because my focus is on her.”

How a couple of eyepokes changed Matt Mitrione’s career plans (spoiler: they didn’t)

UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione expects to undergo surgery Monday for an orbital blowout fracture he suffered from a Travis Browne punch at UFC Fight Night 81.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 18 headliner Anthony Johnson plans on retiring within three years

Veteran UFC fighter Anthony Johnson is on the cusp of another title shot in the light heavyweight division, but he’s already got plans to walk away from the sport.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Eddie Alvarez's upset of Anthony Pettis at UFC Fight Night 81

Eddie Alvarez has accomplished much in his career, but at UFC Fight Night 81 he earned arguably his biggest victory to date against ex-UFC champ Anthony Pettis. Check out the top Twitter reactions to read news >>

Travis Browne Beats Matt Mitrione in Foul-Filled Fight at UFC Fight Night 81

Matt Mitrione and Travis Browne entered UFC Fight Night 81 at a career crossroads. Mitrione walked into the cage with free agency in mind. Openly discussing his intent to test the market, this bout w read news >>

Ronda Rousey Not Going Away, Plans to Fight Holly Holm Later This Year

For those that question Ronda Rousey's resiliency, no, she's not going away anytime soon. In fact, she intends to return to the Octagon later this year. read news >>

Travis Browne Beats Matt Mitrione in Foul-Filled Fight at UFC Fight Night 81

Ex-champ B.J. Penn ends retirement, but UFC boss still unsure on details

As expected former two-division champ and 2015 UFC Hall of Fame inductee B.J. Penn has ended his retirement. What’s next, though? That’s still to be determined.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

BJ Penn Officially Ends UFC Retirement: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC Hall of Famer and former two-division champion BJ Penn officially announced his return to the Octagon on Tuesday. Per an interview on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani (via MMAFighting's Shaun Al-S read news >>

Conor McGregor Slams Rafael dos Anjos, Reveals Welterweight Plans in UFC Presser

Conor McGregor believes he could beat everyone "in the game" in four months and has vowed to claim three UFC belts in 2016 while speaking at the UFC 197 press conference Wednesday in Las Vegas. The N read news >>

Brad Imes on retirement: They told me I was going to die or become a vegetable

Former college football player and “The Ultimate Fighter 2” runner-up Brad Imes found some success and plenty of fun in MMA. But following his retirement, he faced some dark days.Filed under: News, U read news >>