Jessica AguilarAfter a busy 2010 that saw her fight five times in one year, top women’s MMA strawweight Jessica “Jag” Aguilar has toned things down a bit the last couple of years, fighting only five times total.

Still, she’s maintained a busy training schedule and is currently riding a six-fight winning streak that includes her most recent win this past March over Patricia Vidonic at Bellator 94.

“I had some ring rust because I hadn’t fought in a year,” said Aguilar. “That fight was coming back from the biggest fight of my career. It was a tough fight. Patricia always brings her A-game and always brings the fight, and I respect it.”

Ring rust aside, Aguilar had best be on the top of her game for her next bout as she takes on legendary Japanese women’s MMA pioneer Megumi “Mega Megu” Fujii in her retirement bout at Vale Tudo Japan on Saturday in the Ota City Central Gymnasium in Tokyo.

The bout will be a rematch of when the two fought in Bellator in May of last year, a bout won by Aguilar via unanimous decision.

“I know I’m going to use some of what I did from that past fight, but this is a new fight and is a completely different fight,” said Aguilar. “We’ve went through the videos, my team and I, and we’ve put together a strategy that we’ve trained and I’ll be ready to give all I have.”

Aguilar told MMAWeekly.com that she doesn’t feel one area will determine the outcome of the fight considering how evenly talented in many areas both she and Fujii are.

“I think we’re both very experienced and I think that we’re both well-rounded,” said Aguilar. “(Fujii) has accomplished so much with Judo and wrestling; she’s just done amazing things. I think we’ll both be equally ready.”

Being Fujii’s retirement bout, Aguilar was asked if she feels that the emotions her opponent will be feeling on Oct. 5 will be to her advantage. She replied, “I don’t even think about that.

“I think that I’m going to give her the best fight of her career and she’s going to give me that back. I don’t think I’ll gain anything getting into her head or any of that.”

Aguilar does think she either has to finish Fujii or put on a dominating performance should the fight go to the judges in her opponent’s hometown.

“I have to win strong,” said Aguilar. “Going into her hometown, obviously I want the finish, but I really have to win decisively and make a statement.”

With the possibility of adding another impressive fight to her current winning streak, many opportunities could be available to Aguilar when she returns from Japan. But for right now, all she’s thinking about is Megumi Fujii and nothing else.

“For right now my main focus is Oct. 5 against someone I respect so much,” she said. “After this fight I’ll talk about my other plans, but right now I can’t tell you anything else because my focus is on her.”

Alvarez vs. McGregor: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 205

Conor McGregor has the opportunity to send his already notorious legacy into orbit on Saturday, November 12, when he takes on Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205. The UFC featherweight champion will look to bec read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Plans Move to Lightweight Following Featherweight Fight in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Following his Bellator 164 bout in Israel, Georgi Karakhanyan plans to leave featherweight behind and make the move to lightweight for some pivotal bouts. read news >>

Eduard Folayang Plans to Prove the World Wrong in Shinya Aoki Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Eduard Folayang knows that he is considered a long shot to defeat Shinya Aoki at ONE: Defending Honor, but he plans to prove the doubters wrong. read news >>

Woodley fine with proving people wrong, again

Tyron Woodley has been proving people wrong his whole career. Now he's the welterweight champ and is still an underdog and is ready to prove the doubters wrong yet again. read news >>

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

UFC 205's Tim Boetsch quietly registers his 20th career UFC fight

NEW YORK – Tim Boetsch has seen a lot during his decade-long career, and he’s thankful the majority of it has come in the UFC octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 205's Belal Muhammad on career goals: 'I want to be a needle-mover'

NEW YORK – Belal Muhammad wants to be a fighter that goes down in the MMA history books. That’s why he adopted the nickname “Remember the Name,” and why he fights with a style he knows fans of the sp read news >>

Twitter reacts to Raquel Pennington's UFC 205 upset of Miesha Tate, and Tate's retirement

Raquel Pennington earned unquestionably the most significant victory of her career when she defeated former UFC champion Miesha Tate on Saturday’s UFC 205 main card at Madison Square Garden in New Yo read news >>