Jessica AguilarAfter a busy 2010 that saw her fight five times in one year, top women’s MMA strawweight Jessica “Jag” Aguilar has toned things down a bit the last couple of years, fighting only five times total.

Still, she’s maintained a busy training schedule and is currently riding a six-fight winning streak that includes her most recent win this past March over Patricia Vidonic at Bellator 94.

“I had some ring rust because I hadn’t fought in a year,” said Aguilar. “That fight was coming back from the biggest fight of my career. It was a tough fight. Patricia always brings her A-game and always brings the fight, and I respect it.”

Ring rust aside, Aguilar had best be on the top of her game for her next bout as she takes on legendary Japanese women’s MMA pioneer Megumi “Mega Megu” Fujii in her retirement bout at Vale Tudo Japan on Saturday in the Ota City Central Gymnasium in Tokyo.

The bout will be a rematch of when the two fought in Bellator in May of last year, a bout won by Aguilar via unanimous decision.

“I know I’m going to use some of what I did from that past fight, but this is a new fight and is a completely different fight,” said Aguilar. “We’ve went through the videos, my team and I, and we’ve put together a strategy that we’ve trained and I’ll be ready to give all I have.”

Aguilar told MMAWeekly.com that she doesn’t feel one area will determine the outcome of the fight considering how evenly talented in many areas both she and Fujii are.

“I think we’re both very experienced and I think that we’re both well-rounded,” said Aguilar. “(Fujii) has accomplished so much with Judo and wrestling; she’s just done amazing things. I think we’ll both be equally ready.”

Being Fujii’s retirement bout, Aguilar was asked if she feels that the emotions her opponent will be feeling on Oct. 5 will be to her advantage. She replied, “I don’t even think about that.

“I think that I’m going to give her the best fight of her career and she’s going to give me that back. I don’t think I’ll gain anything getting into her head or any of that.”

Aguilar does think she either has to finish Fujii or put on a dominating performance should the fight go to the judges in her opponent’s hometown.

“I have to win strong,” said Aguilar. “Going into her hometown, obviously I want the finish, but I really have to win decisively and make a statement.”

With the possibility of adding another impressive fight to her current winning streak, many opportunities could be available to Aguilar when she returns from Japan. But for right now, all she’s thinking about is Megumi Fujii and nothing else.

“For right now my main focus is Oct. 5 against someone I respect so much,” she said. “After this fight I’ll talk about my other plans, but right now I can’t tell you anything else because my focus is on her.”

Ronda Rousey Comments on Cristiane 'Cyborg' Justino, Retirement Plans

• a day ago

UFC sensation Ronda Rousey is only planning to fight for a couple more years, though she states there's no exact timetable for her exit from the sport. The women's bantamweight champion admits a lot read news >>

MMA legend 'Minotauro' Nogueira reflects on career

• a day ago

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira announced his retirement from the sport after over 15 years of fighting, and he spoke with MMAFighting.com about his decision to retire after a UFC 190 loss read news >>

Opinion: Big Nog runs out of time

• a day ago

Following Big Nog's retirement, Phil Mackenzie looks back on the career of Antonio "Minotauro" Nogueira and asks what it was that made Big Nog so special. Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira looks l read news >>

UFC Lightweight ‘Hands of Stone’ Sam Stout Announces Retirement

• 55 minutes ago

UFC lightweight Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout announced his retirement from fight on Wednesday after a 12-year career that saw him compete 20 times in the Octagon. read news >>

Boxing champ Amir Khan now co-owns MMA promotion, considers fighting in a cage some day.

"King" Khan has big plans with MMA promotion Super Fight League, won't rule out fighting in the cage one day. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Taunts Cris Cyborg, Brazilian Promises Rowdy's 'Last Fight' in UFC

Cris "Cyborg" Justino has promised to end Ronda Rousey's career after the UFC women's bantamweight champion insisted the only obstacle preventing a fight between the two is money, not weight. “She's read news >>

Ronda Rousey: I would like to kick Cyborg's ass for my retirement fight

UFC women's bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey gives her honest opinion on Cyborg, Mayweather and Mighty Mouse. Amid conflicting stories of offers on or off the table for Invicta FC featherweight ch read news >>

UFC boss nixes AT&T Stadium visit, says Rousey's next fight likely for Las Vegas

Any potential plans of a grand UFC event at Dallas’ AT&T Stadium will have to wait until next year, as UFC President Dana White today revealed to UFC.com that “the UFC won’t be in Texas in December.” read news >>

ONE Championship VP Rich Franklin still planning return to UFC

The vice president of Singapore-based MMA promotion ONE Championship still plans to close out his career in the UFC octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Paul Felder vs. Ross Pearson set for UFC 191

Paul Felder, coming off the first loss of his career, is set to fight veteran Ross Pearson at UFC 191 in Las Vegas on September 5th. A surefire Fight of the Night candidate has been booked for UFC 19 read news >>