Jesse Ronson - Score FSCanadian lightweight Jesse “Body Snatcher” Ronson continues to make strides forward in his career the old fashioned way, by beating increasingly difficult opposition.

Such was the case in August, when he defeated fellow up-and-comer Alex Ricci by unanimous decision for the Score Fighting Series.

“The key to that fight was staying smart and keeping my balance,” said Ronson. “I had to stay straight up, stay alert and stay ahead of him, and I did, and I proved I was the better striker.

“I thought I could finish him, but he’s tough, came in great shape and we gave the fans what they wanted.”

The win was Ronson’s sixth in a row. A winning streak that began after Ronson made an overhaul following a loss to Mike Ricci in April of 2011.

“That fight with Mike, I was doing all the wrong things in camp,” said Ronson. “I was training to defend his strengths. I changed my coaches, the way I train and put on some size, and everything has been coming together.

“Everything has changed. It was a huge revamp and I can honestly say that I’m a 100-percent different fighter than who I was when I fought Mike.”

Ronson will continue to take steps up in competition as he returns to Score on Nov. 23 in Hamilton, Ontario versus Ryan Healy.

“I had a long talk with John Alessio about him, and John said he’s got a deceptively long reach, can take a punch and comes in war shape,” said Ronson of Healy. “There’s a difference between going three rounds and going three rounds in a war. That’s something I’ve been taking into consideration in training.

“He likes dirty boxing in the clinch and grinding it out, so I’ve been preparing well for that. I’ve been training my wrestling and jiu-jitsu heavily because that’s where I want to be. I want to be the first guy to submit Ryan.”

Ronson told MMAWeekly.com that he feels a win over Healy could help him transition to the next level and cap a run that has been the best of his career.

“2012 has probably been my most successful year as a fighter,” he said. “I fought some really tough guys and got a lot of exposure.

“This is the toughest fight to date and will definitely put a stamp on things and hopefully the bigger shows notice me. If not, then it just makes me much hungrier to get my name out there and get more high-profile fights.”

Brock Lesnar: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Fighter's Potential Return

After he reignited his professional wrestling career, it looked as though Brock Lesnar's days in UFC were over, but the 38-year-old may be nearing a return to the Octagon. Continue for updates. Lesna read news >>

Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

For the first time in his career, Michael Bisping is a UFC champion. Thanks to a left hook followed with some more shots against the cage, Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold in the first round to beco read news >>

RFA Bantamweight Champion Leandro Higo to Carry Olympic Torch in Brazil

RFA bantamweight champion Leandro Higo is set to accomplish another career highlight just 45 days after capturing RFA gold. Higo will carry the Olympic Torch. read news >>

‘Kimbo Slice’ Wanted to Be Remembered as a Family Man and as a Fighter Who Evolved

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson started his fighting career as a street fighter with heavy hands made famous by Youtube videos of his backyard brawls. read news >>

How Well Do You Remember the Career of Kimbo Slice?

Test your knowledge with a look back at the life and career of Kimbo Slice. read news >>

Ben Reiter Expecting to ‘Impose His Will’ at Bellator 156

Though he suffered the first loss of his career last November to Francisco France at Bellator 146, middleweight up-and-comer Ben Reiter doesn’t feel he was beaten in the fight. read news >>

Mike Santiago Taking Career to New Heights Heading into RFA 39

Following some rocky roads early on, Mike Santiago is taking his career to new heights heading into RFA 39. read news >>

Jordan Johnson Looking to Remain Undefeated at RFA 39

Unlike many fighters who can spend the majority of their career with one team, light-heavyweight up and comer Jordan Johnson has bounced around a bit. read news >>

Lewis not concerned with ranks, just wants to provide for family

Derrick Lewis has the biggest fight of his career upcoming against Roy Nelson at Fight Night Las Vegas on July 7. But Lewis isn't concerned about the divisions or rankings, he just wants to provide f read news >>

Like Brock Lesnar, The Rock Once Considered a UFC Career

What if Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, one of the biggest stars in WWE history, had made the move to the UFC? read news >>