Jesse Ronson - Score FSCanadian lightweight Jesse “Body Snatcher” Ronson continues to make strides forward in his career the old fashioned way, by beating increasingly difficult opposition.

Such was the case in August, when he defeated fellow up-and-comer Alex Ricci by unanimous decision for the Score Fighting Series.

“The key to that fight was staying smart and keeping my balance,” said Ronson. “I had to stay straight up, stay alert and stay ahead of him, and I did, and I proved I was the better striker.

“I thought I could finish him, but he’s tough, came in great shape and we gave the fans what they wanted.”

The win was Ronson’s sixth in a row. A winning streak that began after Ronson made an overhaul following a loss to Mike Ricci in April of 2011.

“That fight with Mike, I was doing all the wrong things in camp,” said Ronson. “I was training to defend his strengths. I changed my coaches, the way I train and put on some size, and everything has been coming together.

“Everything has changed. It was a huge revamp and I can honestly say that I’m a 100-percent different fighter than who I was when I fought Mike.”

Ronson will continue to take steps up in competition as he returns to Score on Nov. 23 in Hamilton, Ontario versus Ryan Healy.

“I had a long talk with John Alessio about him, and John said he’s got a deceptively long reach, can take a punch and comes in war shape,” said Ronson of Healy. “There’s a difference between going three rounds and going three rounds in a war. That’s something I’ve been taking into consideration in training.

“He likes dirty boxing in the clinch and grinding it out, so I’ve been preparing well for that. I’ve been training my wrestling and jiu-jitsu heavily because that’s where I want to be. I want to be the first guy to submit Ryan.”

Ronson told that he feels a win over Healy could help him transition to the next level and cap a run that has been the best of his career.

“2012 has probably been my most successful year as a fighter,” he said. “I fought some really tough guys and got a lot of exposure.

“This is the toughest fight to date and will definitely put a stamp on things and hopefully the bigger shows notice me. If not, then it just makes me much hungrier to get my name out there and get more high-profile fights.”

Mark Hunt Comes Full Circle with Bigfoot Rematch (UFC 193 Scrum Video)

Forty-one-year-old Mark Hunt has had an unprecedented career, and it comes full circle in his UFC 193 rematch with Bigfoot Silva in Melbourne, Australia. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Next Step in Career After Holly Holm UFC Fight, More

UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has become a recognisable figure for even the most causal of sports fans over the past year, but as the American gets set for the biggest night in her career at read news >>

UFC 193 preview: A closer look at Ronda Rousey's career statistics

Ronda Rousey’s pro debut came less than five years ago, but the 28-year-old has already taken the sport by storm – both in and out of the octagon.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Trading Shots: Is there a redemption tale somewhere in this chapter of Belfort's career?

In this week’s Trading Shots, Danny Downes and Ben Fowlkes debate Vitor Belfort’s first win of the post-TRT era, and wonder what it means for a fighter with a long and complicated history.Filed under read news >>

Tibau picks up 17th career UFC win with sub of Trujillo

Check out the results from the Fight Night Sao Paulo FOX Sports 1 prelims which included wins by Gleison Tibau, Johnny Case, Thiago Tavares and Chas Skelly. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77’s Kevin Souza wants a top-five opponent with win

UFC featherweight Kevin Souza said injuries have hampered his career, but he’s still managed to win three straight in the UFC’s octagon.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chas Skelly Continuing to Establish Himself as a Top UFC Featherweight

After suffering the only loss of his career in 2014 to Mirsad Bektic in his UFC debut, featherweight Chas “Scrapper” Skelly has rebounded with three straight wins. read news >>

Alan 'The Talent' Belcher Retires

Alan Belcher called it a career Friday, announcing his retirement from MMA after an 11-year journey which included 18 victories and nine knockouts. read news >>

James Thompson on Bobby Lashley's MMA career: 'I don't know what he's thinking'

James Thompson isn’t particularly impressed with the way in which Bellator 145 opponent Bobby Lashley has gone through his MMA career. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Balancing Fighting with the Military, Sean Richman Ready to Prove He’s Legit

Having to balance his military service, his family, and his fighting career, Sean Richman is out to prove he's legit at RFA 32 on Friday night. read news >>