Following only his second career loss in April of last year, lightweight up and comer Jesse “Body Snatcher” Ronson made some changes in his training routine and now is enjoying a five-fight winning streak.

“I had a lot of personal problems before that fight,” said Ronson. “I was definitely mentally not in it. My diet was all wrong and when I cut, I cut too much weight and my recovery was even worse. I just had nothing in the tank.

“After that fight was over, I got myself a new wrestling coach and started taking my jiu-jitsu seriously. When I train now, I train for my strengths. I keep an open mind for (my opponents’) strengths, but I train my strengths and to impose my will on them.”

Ronson told MMAWeekly.com that not only has he noticed a difference in his fights, but his whole attitude when it comes to the sport.

“Now I’m mentally in it and my heart is in it, and it made me realize this is what I want to do with all those changes,” he said. “Now that I’ve got the proper coaching and people in my life, everything’s coming together. Everything has just been increasing; my skill, my speed, my power, my drive; everything’s just right and things are on the up and up.”

Ronson will look to continue his winning ways against Alex Ricci in a co-main event bout at Score Fighting Series 5 on Saturday night in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, in a fight that could produce the night’s biggest fireworks.

“I’ve been looking for a guy who was looking to stand and trade, and Ricci will probably stand and trade, but I know for a fact that he’s been working his wrestling and his jiu-jitsu,” said Ronson. “With that, I know he’s going to try to take me down, so I’ll get to showcase my sprawl ability and hopefully get to showcase my top game if he does do that.

“If (he wants to stand and trade), he’s just going to get knocked out. My speed and power – I can’t even compare it to what it was the last time, because it just gets so much better – I’m crushing pads in training now.”

With his manager, UFC fighter Chris Clements, currently busy with his own career, Ronson is looking to use this fight to open any eyes that can help him get to the next level.

“Chris is open to me looking for new management to get to that next step, so with this fight I’ll be 11-2 and finish it in impressive fashion – which I plan to do – hopefully some big organizations notice me and I can take the step up,” said Ronson.

Win or lose, Ronson feels his fight with Ricci on Aug. 25 will provide the kind of excitement that can’t help but get him noticed.

“People think it’s a candidate for Fight of the Year, but with two strikers like this – if he wants to stand and bang – there’s not a chance with his power and my power that it’s going three rounds,’ he said. “If anything, it’s going to be a candidate for Knockout of the Year because this fight is going to end like that.”

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

Yoel Romero Says He's in Michael Bisping's Head (UFC 205 video) | MMAWeekly.com

After beating Chris Weidman at UFC 205 in New York, Yoel Romero believes he's in champion Michael Bisping's head. read news >>

Kamaru Usman believes he's best grappler in division, wants Demian Maia next to prove it

SAO PAULO – “The Ultimate Fighter 21” winner Kamaru Usman believes he’s the best grappler in the UFC’s welterweight division, and he wants the chance to prove it against the man many consider to be t read news >>

Carrington Banks Plans to 'Put Offense on Jake Roberts' at Bellator 165 | MMAWeekly.com

Unbeaten lightweight Carrington Banks takes on fellow undefeated fighter Jake Roberts at Bellator 165 at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. read news >>

UFC rep: 3 events scheduled for Brazil in 2017

SAO PAULO – The UFC plans to promote three events in Brazil in 2017, the same number held this year.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Miesha Tate Believes Cris Cyborg's Optimal Option is 135 Pounds | MMAWeekly.com

Laying out the landscape for Cris "Cyborg" Justino, former champion Miesha Tate believes that the current optimal situation is Cyborg fighting at 135 pounds. read news >>

Robert Whittaker: 'Puts The Whole Middleweight Division On Notice' | MMAWeekly.com

Rising middleweight star Robert Whittaker believes he put the entire 185-pound division on notice with his first-round finish of eighth-ranked Derek Brunson. read news >>

Jose Aldo 'knew' Conor McGregor's belt would be stripped; plans title defense and then rematch

Newly minted UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo said it was inevitable Conor McGregor would have to give up one of his titles. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>