Jeff Curran WEC 34

Jeff Curran

With his win over Billy Vaughan at XFO 39 recently, Jeff “Big Frog” Curran continues his comeback towards big time MMA.

“I feel I performed good and fought a good, clean fight,” Curran told “He was a last-minute replacement and I didn’t know anything about him. Now as I watch the fight, I see things I wish I would have done a little different, but I fought well.

“For starters he only landed maybe two punches and I had a few near finishes and all my kicks were effective. Plus I just had all the cage control. There was no question in my mind or judges that I won the fight.”

Curran is currently on a run that has him winning four of his last five fights, which he attributes to a return to older ways and fan support as big parts of his resurgence.

“I have changed back to my older, healthier lifestyle,” he said. “Clean food, hard work, and a clear vision of where I want to be. These are the key elements.

“I love my fans. This type of existence is a hard one if you have no support. Fans offer a level of support that makes me feel a big need to fight good and give back to them for supporting me.”

Jeff Curran and David Love

Jeff Curran and David Love

Recent reports had Curran considering retirement if he did not get a shot at the UFC. When asked whether or not this is his outlook, he responded, “This is a true statement.

“I think the final element to me being at my best is to know I am fighting at the highest level again. I can’t even find 135-pound fights that are legit outside UFC. I want to focus on my fighters and building my school rather than float around looking for the next mid-tier fight for a little pay, (that’s) just not what motivates me.”

Curran recently moved back into his old family house to help get his personal life in order, as well as spend time with his two- and four-year-old sons, and continue to grow his business ventures, including XFO and Team Curran.

“I have big plans for XFO and continuing to build its brand,” he stated. “XFO has three more pro shows scheduled for this year, (and) we are headed back to the Sears Centre on Dec. 10 for another big show.

“Team Curran has a big year as well (with) Bart (Palazsewski) in UFC, Pat (Curran, Jeff’s cousin) in Bellator, Jens (Pulver) back on TV with Titan, one of my other fighters I hope signing with Strikeforce, and a few more guys turning pro. (It’s an) exciting time around our gym.”

Following a bad string of luck and ensuing losing streak, Curran is back on track and has his sights set on returning to the top of the MMA world.

“Thanks to everyone for giving us all a platform to display our work on,” he said in closing. “Without you MMA doesn’t exist!

“Maybe I can get Comeback Fighter of the Year and Coach of the Year at the MMA awards this year.”

RFA Returns to Southern California with RFA 33: Townsend vs. Chavez

Resurrection Fighting Alliance recently announced that the promotion will return to Orange County, Calif., with RFA 33: Townsend vs. Chavez for the promotion's year-end event. read news >>

Officials: Recently retired 'Cro Cop' first UFC fighter to fail USADA drug test

Mirko Filipovic might be officially retired from MMA, but it appears “Cro Cop” will soon be suspended from competing in the sport, as well.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Surprise! Floyd Mayweather Says Ronda Rousey is Bad for Boxing

Surprise, surprise.... recently retired boxer Floyd Mayweather is not happy about UFC champ Ronda Rousey being on the cover of boxing's The Ring magazine. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Comments on Ronda Rousey's Ring Magazine Cover

Ronda Rousey recently became the first woman to grace the cover of Ring Magazine, but retired boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. used the historic accomplishment as an avenue to comment on the state of boxin read news >>

After brutal string of opponents, Angela Hill announces UFC release

After fighting a terribly tough stretch of opponents, Angela Hill recently announced the UFC has released her from her contract.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'ONE Championship 34: Kingdom of Khmer' heads to Cambodia with Tynanes-Yakhyaev

ONE Championship is heading to Cambodia in December for “ONE Championship 34: Kingdom of Khmer,” officials recently announced.Filed under: News read news >>

Glory Kickboxing 25: Milan Fight Card, Schedule and Predictions

Despite Glory Kickboxing recently losing its television deal with Spike TV, the shows must go on. On Friday, Nov. 6, Glory 25 in Milan will take place. The promotion's website lists the lightweight t read news >>

Cosmo Alexandre signs exclusive deal with WSOF

Kickboxing star and Bellator veteran Cosmo Alexandre has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with WSOF, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Bellator's Goiti Yamauchi thinks 'Pitbull' overlooking him, even ahead of Straus fight

When Bellator featherweight champion Patricio Freire recently told MMAjunkie the promotion needed to track down some new competition worthy of challenging him, one fighter in particular took notice.F read news >>

Oscar De La Hoya says he's discussed a Ronda Rousey boxing debut

Boxing magazine “The Ring” recently released their January cover featuring Ronda Rousey and asking if she could conquer boxing as she has done with MMA. Oscar De La Hoya would like to be a part of th read news >>