Jay Hieron is hoping Tyron Woodley brings some aggression to the cage when they meet Saturday at UFC 156. If Woodley fights conservatively, though, Hieron says he’ll also be ready for that approach.

“He’s another tough guy,” Hieron told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show. “This is what I want right now at this point in my career is tough fights. I think I’m prepared. I’m as skilled as any man out there. What I see from him is he’s definitely more of a wrestler, and hopefully he opens it up a little bit. I’m prepared for anything. I come from a wrestling background too. His wrestling isn’t really scary to me or nothing like that.”

Woodley was a two-time All-American wrestler at the University of Missouri. In Strikeforce, he was able to take down and control opponents, though he also showed some capable striking skills when he let his hands go. Most recently, though, he lost the first fight of his career when Nate Marquardt knocked him out in July. Some fighters coming off their first loss would be gun-shy, but Hieron isn’t particularly focused on Woodley’s mindset.

“What I’ve got to do is concentrate on me and what I’m going to do in this fight and my skills and believe in what I’ve got, and when I get out there flow and see how it’s going and look for my opportunities to present themselves,” Hieron said. “I’m well prepared for that. Whatever game he wants to play, I think I can hold my own. … If he wants to try to lay on me, I think I’m one of the best at getting back to my feet. If he does get me down, which will be hard, I will get back up eventually. And I could go out and take him down too. My wrestling’s just as good.”

Hieron is also coming off a loss, having dropped a unanimous decision to Jake Ellenberger in October.

“My last fight, I still think I won, but I could have pushed a little more,” Hieron said. “So again, I’m going to be a little more aggressive but intelligent. I’m not a reckless fighter. I don’t stand there and just trade. I’m a thinking fighter. I see stuff coming at me and I move, but I’m definitely looking to open up opportunities.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:00:10).

UFC 201 Video: Tyron Woodley’s Tough Journey to a World Title Shot

Top welterweight contender Tyron Woodley takes us back to where he grew up and talks about how he got out of a life of gang violence and onto a better path. read news >>

UFC 201 Betting Preview: Lawler Odds-On Favorite to Defend Welterweight Title

Robbie Lawler (20-10) and Tyron Woodley (15-3) are two former Strikeforce fighters who have hit it big in the UFC. On Saturday night at UFC 201 in Atlanta, the reigning champion Lawler will attempt t read news >>

Namajunas Finally Ready to Meet Title Expectations

No. 3-ranked strawweight Rose Namajunas wasn't quite ready for superstardom after making waves on Season 20 of The Ultimate Fighter. But now, with title shot in reach, she's mentally prepared for any read news >>

UFC 201: Can Robbie Lawler Escape Upset Curse & Get Past Tyron Woodley?

Tyron Woodley may be the most dangerous kind of opponent for Robbie Lawler right now—under-hyped and overqualified. When the two occasional teammates at American Top Team meet at Saturday’s UFC 201, read news >>

Woodley wants to prove worth in high-stakes title fight

Tyron Woodley has the opportunity of a lifetime against Robbie Lawler at UFC 201. He knows it and has been waiting for his chance to prove he's the best welterweight on the planet. read news >>

5 Rounds: Stephen Thompson on Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley at UFC 201

Thousands of fans will flock to the Philips Arena in Atlanta Saturday to see Tyron Woodley (15-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) challenge Robbie Lawler (27-10 MMA, 12-4 UFC) for the UFC welterweight champion. None, h read news >>

Chael Sonnen’s UFC 201 Main Event Breakdown: Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley

Former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen weighs in on the UFC 201 main event welterweight championship bout between Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley. read news >>

UFC 201: Lawler vs Woodley weigh-in results

UFC 201, headlined by the UFC welterweight title fight between Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley, and the women’s strawweight clash between Rose Namajunas and Karolina Kowalkiewicz, airs live on Pay-Pe read news >>

UFC 201 Video: Tyron Woodley Plans to Show He’s the Best Welterweight in the World

Tyron Woodley finally gets his shot at the UFC 170-pound title on Saturday when he faces champion Robbie Lawler in the UFC 201 main event. read news >>

Lawler vs. Woodley: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 201

Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley hit the scales on Friday ahead of their mouth-watering title bout at UFC 201, and both fighters came in dead on the 170-pound limit, per Fox Sports: UFC: The main even read news >>