Jay Hieron is hoping Tyron Woodley brings some aggression to the cage when they meet Saturday at UFC 156. If Woodley fights conservatively, though, Hieron says he’ll also be ready for that approach.

“He’s another tough guy,” Hieron told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show. “This is what I want right now at this point in my career is tough fights. I think I’m prepared. I’m as skilled as any man out there. What I see from him is he’s definitely more of a wrestler, and hopefully he opens it up a little bit. I’m prepared for anything. I come from a wrestling background too. His wrestling isn’t really scary to me or nothing like that.”

Woodley was a two-time All-American wrestler at the University of Missouri. In Strikeforce, he was able to take down and control opponents, though he also showed some capable striking skills when he let his hands go. Most recently, though, he lost the first fight of his career when Nate Marquardt knocked him out in July. Some fighters coming off their first loss would be gun-shy, but Hieron isn’t particularly focused on Woodley’s mindset.

“What I’ve got to do is concentrate on me and what I’m going to do in this fight and my skills and believe in what I’ve got, and when I get out there flow and see how it’s going and look for my opportunities to present themselves,” Hieron said. “I’m well prepared for that. Whatever game he wants to play, I think I can hold my own. … If he wants to try to lay on me, I think I’m one of the best at getting back to my feet. If he does get me down, which will be hard, I will get back up eventually. And I could go out and take him down too. My wrestling’s just as good.”

Hieron is also coming off a loss, having dropped a unanimous decision to Jake Ellenberger in October.

“My last fight, I still think I won, but I could have pushed a little more,” Hieron said. “So again, I’m going to be a little more aggressive but intelligent. I’m not a reckless fighter. I don’t stand there and just trade. I’m a thinking fighter. I see stuff coming at me and I move, but I’m definitely looking to open up opportunities.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:00:10).

Alaska's Mitchell hoping to jolt Ultimate Fighter rivals

In a flyweight division that doesn’t have the amount of finishes other divisions do, Anchorage, Alaska's Terrence Mitchell is one of those people that can immediately provide a jolt as he enters seas read news >>

"Tonight We Made History" – Meet the Disabled Boxers Fighting For Paralympic Recognition | FIGHTLAND

This article originally appeared on VICE Sports UK. "I was involved in a car accident when I was three years old," says Sean Bramley as he interlaces his tattooed fingers. "My back was broken from th read news >>

Miocic determined to make Cleveland proud

Stipe Miocic brings championship glory back to Cleveland when he arrives for UFC 203 on Saturday, Sept. 10, and he's determined to keep making his home proud against Alistair Overeem. read news >>

Gall excited for 'best 15 minutes of career' vs Punk

Mickey Gall doesn’t plan on just beating CM Punk at UFC 203 – he plans on destroying the former WWE megastar in his UFC debut. read news >>

Tyron Woodley v. Stephen Thompson Fight Announced for UFC 205: Details, Reaction

UFC 205 gained another fight Friday, as Fox Sports' Damon Martin reported that Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson will square off for the welterweight title on Nov. 12 from Madison Square Garden. She read news >>

Tyron Woodley Defends Welterweight Title at UFC New York | MMAWeekly.com

Although he'd been angling for "big money" fights, welterweight champ Tyron Woodley will have to settle for putting his belt on the line at UFC New York. read news >>

Breaking Down Cris Cyborg's UFC Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

Cris "Cyborg" Justino is preparing to headline her first UFC event ever. Tyron Woodley and Dan Hardy break down her match-up with Lina Lansberg. read news >>

Samman's Corner: Meet man responsible for keeping UFC clean

In the first of a three-part series, current UFC fighter Josh Samman goes behind-the-scenes to introduce the world to the man responsible for the UFC having one of the most comprehensive drug testing read news >>

Tyron Woodley on why he won't be playing a Spider-Man villain

Tyron Woodley joined Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole on FOX Sports Live to talk about his mental preparations, being an underdog vs. Stephen Thompson and proper wages for champion UFC fighters. read news >>

After impressive result in UFC debut, Luan Chagas intent on becoming welterweight champ

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley might now know the name Luan Chagas just yet, but if “Tarzan” has his way, that will all change soon enough.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>