Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller: ‘If I Lose to (C.B. Dollaway), I Quit’



Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller makes no excuses for his poor performance against Michael Bisping at the Ultimate Fighter 14 finale, but he’s certainly ratcheting up the pressure for his next fight against C.B. Dollaway at UFC 146.

Miller appeared on Spike TV’s MMA Uncensored Live on Thursday night where he addressed the fight, and it doesn’t sound like he’s giving Dollaway much of a chance when they square off in May.

“No, he doesn’t deserve to be in there with me, and I’ll prove it,” Miller said about Dollaway. “I’ll prove it in under a round cause we see I tend to get tired in the second round.”

Following the loss to Bisping in December, there was speculation that the UFC may not even keep the colorful and brash former host of MTV’s Bully Beatdown for another fight, but the powers that be opted to give him at least one more shot in the Octagon.

That shot comes against former Ultimate Fighter finalist C.B. Dollaway, who returns to action after having hip surgery to close out 2011.

It would seem that both fighters are in do or die situations with Dollaway coming back from two straight losses, while Miller needs to rebound from his abhorrent performance against Bisping last year.

“We’re both in a similar spot in our career I guess. We’re on the chopping block, and that’s fine, I’m really happy with that,” Miller stated.

Miller’s feelings about facing a fighter the caliber of Dollaway appear pretty clear, but if he should lose to the former Arizona State wrestler, he’s ready to call for the end of his own UFC career.

“I feel like it, I’m on my own chopping block. If I lose to him, I’m quitting. I quit. I don’t deserve to be in there,” said Miller.

His opinion is strong and his belief in his ability to beat Dollaway seems even stronger, but Miller knows beyond any boastful statement that any middleweight that’s in the UFC is going to be no easy test.

“There’s not a easy fight, there’s no easy fights whatsoever,” Miller stated.

With such a strong statement, Miller will now get the chance to back those words up when he faces Dollaway in May at UFC 146. The fight between the two middleweights will likely air on the UFC 146 prelims on FX.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 25 days ago
  • 4 views

UFC 178 ended up delivering in two key ways - the action in the cage and the natural creation of a number of fights down the line far bigger than anything on the show itself. When the show was over, read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 1 views

Mixed martial arts fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller live-tweeted an apparent standoff with members of the Orange County Sheriff's Department at his California home on Thursday. Law enforcement officials read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 542 views

Former UFC, Strikeforce and DREAM fighter Jason “Mayhem” Miller is apparently once again involved in a precarious situation, and he’s live tweeting his take on the entire incident.Filed under: News read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 12 views

Former UFC and Strikeforce fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller was live tweeting an apparent standoff with police officers from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department on Thursday afternoon. read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 20 views

Former fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller on Thursday reportedly barricaded himself in his home and live-tweeted the incident, as a SWAT team was called to the scene. read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 4 views

Seemingly out of the limelight over the past turbulent few months involving notable MMA fighters, Jason 'Mayhem' Miller is live-tweeting his standoff with police at his California home. Perhaps unsur read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 2 views

Former UFC fighter Jason 'Mayhem' Miller is in a standoff with police at his California home, wanted on charges of domestic violence and stalking. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Jason Miller is in trouble a read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 20 views

After former fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller live tweeted a standoff with SWAT officers, he eventually surrendered to the Orange County Sheriff's Department. read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 2 views

Troubled mixed martial artist Jason "Mayhem" Miller is presently involved in a standoff with local police and a SWAT unit at his California home. Update: At 5:15 PM EST, the OCSD reported on Twitter read news >>