James Te Huna may have walked away from UFC on Fuel TV 4 with a unanimous decision over durable veteran Joey Beltran, but by no means did he leave the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., unscathed.

The native New Zealander revealed after the hard-fought contest that he had broken his left hand and one of his feet during the first five minutes of his three-round battle with the former heavyweight.

“Broken hand, broken foot -- I ain't gonna do much with that, but I thought I hit him pretty well,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference. “I thought I did well for three rounds with what I had.”

Te Huna was dominant in the first frame, despite injuring two of his four appendages, finding a home for his right hand often against Beltran, who managed to absorb several blistering blows without hitting the canvas.

“I was surprised,” Te Huna said. “I hit him with some of my biggest shots.. I lined them up and threw them as hard as I could. I tried to stay on his tail and put pressure [on him], but I couldn't get him down.”

Eventually, however, Te Huna managed to drop the ex-heavyweight, blasting Beltran with a vicious left hook in the round's final minute. The 30-year-old tried his best to finish the fight, but ultimately Beltran was able to hold on to see a second round.

The final two frames would not contain the same type of action from Te Huna, who was feeling the effects of his aforementioned injuries. Nevertheless, he moved forward, threatening with his right hand and taking Beltran to the mat on multiple occasions.

“I noticed [my injuries] toward the end of the first round. In the second round, I felt every bit of it, every time I stepped on that foot or used my jab,” said Te Huna. “I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Though Te Huna says that his broken hand and foot did hinder his performance slightly, the light heavyweight also credits his opponent for his well-documented toughness.

“[The injuries] didn't take a lot out of my game, but it did affect my performance a little bit,” said Te Huna. “Take nothing away from Joey, though. He's tough as nails. He took some real big punches. I threw them as hard as I could, and he weathered the storm. I've done a lot of research on him, and he's a real hard worker. I knew he was going to be hard to finish, and it was going to be a war.”

The win marks the third consecutive victory for Te Huna, who has finished two-thirds of his career victims by knockout. Now a winner in four of his five Octagon outings, Te Huna says he will take on anyone the UFC asks him to face.

“I'm just taking it step by step, and whoever they match me up with, I'm going to work on that and up my game and try to get better,” he said. “I just have to fight better people and jump up to the next level.”

Neil Magny's Controversial Decision Over Johnny Hendricks (UFC 207 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Neil Magny and former welterweight champion Johny Hendricks fought to a split decision at UFC 207 on Friday. Check out the fight highlights. read news >>

Chris 'Lights Out' Lytle is Fighting the Good Fight Outside of the UFC Cage | MMAWeekly.com

Retired UFC welterweight contender Chris "Lights Out" Lytle fought with heart inside the cage and is using his former fighter status to change lives. read news >>

Another Ronda Rousey Sighting in the Latest UFC 207 Embedded! | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey was a little surprised when she walked into a room full of reporters at the UFC 207 early morning official weigh-in. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Destroys Ronda Rousey (UFC 207 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes walked through former titleholder Ronda Rousey at UFC 207 on Friday, finishing "Rowdy" in just 48 seconds. read news >>

Was Ben Saunders' Win Over Court McGee Controversial? Here's The Scorecard | MMAWeekly.com

Welterweights Ben Saunders and Court McGee fought to a decision on the UFC Fight Night 103 main card and some felt like the decision was controversial. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 results: Kick-happy Ben Saunders gets hard-fought win over Court McGee

PHOENIX – Ben Saunders’ hard body kick and solid clinch work kept the famously tough Court McGee at bay over two rounds. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dominick Cruz vs. Cody Garbrandt Results: Winner, Reaction from UFC 207

At UFC 207, Cody Garbrandt not only talked the talk, but he walked the walk to the tune of a unanimous-decision win over Dominick Cruz in the co-main event to become the new champion of the UFC's ban read news >>

Cody Garbardnt... And New!!!! (Hot Tweets from the Pros) | MMAWeekly.com

After Cody Garbrandt dominated the Dominator, Dominick Cruz, at UFC 207 on Friday night, Twitter lit up with his fellow UFC fighters chiming in. read news >>

TJ Dillashaw vs. John Lineker Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 207

In another time, another life, UFC 207's TJ Dillashaw and John Lineker would've already had a title shot off their current runs. As bantamweight champion, Dillashaw began sniffing around the No. 1 po read news >>

Twitter reacts to Amanda Nunes' 48-second starching of Ronda Rousey at UFC 207

Amanda Nunes said it was her time to reign atop the UFC women’s bantamweight division. She proved as much Friday with her first title defense against MMA superstar Ronda Rousey in the UFC 207 headlin read news >>