For the past few years in the world of MMA heroes and villains, Michael Bisping has almost always been rated as public enemy No. 1.

The brash Brit never holds his tongue, doesn’t mind speaking out about any subject, and has no problem dropping a few expletives for an opponent or anyone really when the mood strikes him.

But something strange happened to Michael Bisping on his way to the stage for the UFC 152 weigh-ins on Friday – he received a loud ovation from the Toronto crowd and most of the noise came from cheers, not jeers.

Bisping has routinely soaked in the boos from fans in the past, and has even admittedly reveled in the moment when he gets to play the bad guy. Over the past few months however it appears Bisping might be turning a corner with the fans, who are starting to enjoy his personal brand of delivering pre-fight hype and exciting fights in the cage.

“It does seem that way a little bit. Certainly on my Twitter account everyday I get a lot of tweets saying ‘I used to absolutely hate you but now I kind of like you’ so that’s nice,” Bisping said after his win over Brian Stann at UFC 152.

Since debuting in the UFC in 2006, Bisping is the first to point out he’s done and said some dumb things, but as he grows older both in life and in the fight game, he’s always evolving and learning.

Now at 33-years of age, Bisping is a wiser and more accomplished fighter and understands a bit more now how things work with fans.

“I’ve been here a long time now and have I done things I regret over the years? Of course I have. I’ve grown up, I’ve said things, I’ve said stupid things, I’ve done stupid things. I’m 33 now, I’ve got three kids, I’ve grown up a bit. I’ve acted like an (expletive) at times, of course we all make mistakes,” said Bisping.

Now just because Bisping has grown up a little doesn’t mean he’s going to change who he is or how he behaves. He’s just learned a few lessons from past experiences, but Michael Bisping is always going to be Michael Bisping – it’s just now the fans can appreciate that a bit more than before.

“I’m still me, I’m still doing exactly what I do, I haven’t really changed,” Bisping stated. “I like it though, it’s nice.”

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

Phil Davis Has to Get Past King Mo First, but His Eyes are on the Bellator Belt

Phil Davis has a tough fight in King Mo Lawal ahead of him at Bellator 154 on Saturday night, but he can't help but shift his eyes towards the Bellator belt. read news >>

Injury Forces Chris Weidman Out of UFC 199 Bout, Michael Bisping Willing to Step In

Chris Weidman is out of his rematch with Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping quickly let it be known that he is prepared to step in and take his place. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

Michael Bisping Gets the Call to Fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199

It won't be the initially planned rematch at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping got the call from the UFC to step in and face Luke Rockhold on short notice in Los Angeles. read news >>

Michael Bisping gets UFC 199 title shot following Chris Weidman injury

Michael Bisping is stepping in for the injured Chris Weidman to face champion Luke Rockhold for the middleweight championship at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. read news >>

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping Mud-Slinging Starts… Now!

Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping got into a heated war of words on UFC Tonight. Check out the video. read news >>