RIO DE JANEIRO -- Nothing is going to stop Duda Yankovich.

Yankovich, a former WIBA light welterweight boxing champion who is signed with Invicta Fighting Championships, suffered a stroke during a training session at Team Nogueira in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on July 9. She was rushed to a hospital and underwent surgery.

Eight days later, Yankovich showed up at the gym.

"It’s good to be back," Yankovich told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday. "I was scared, but everything was done on the right time. We’re subject to this. It happens. It was good that it happened inside the gym and we had people that knew it was a stroke and got me the medical assistance I needed. I’m fine now.

"You can’t foresee a stroke, it can happen to anyone. We will do more exams to find out what really happened, because a stroke is not a common thing to happen to young people. It just happened."

The Serbia-native fighter, who cut down from bantamweight to flyweight for her last MMA bout in Brazil, can’t return to sparring yet.

"I’m cleared to do normal activities, but I can’t train anything with impact yet," she said. "I can’t box or train muay thai, but I’m cleared to do technical training and work out. I will keep doing my normal activities. Nothing’s gonna stop me."

Every Team Nogueira fighter stopped training to talk to Yankovich as soon as she stepped inside the gym, and heavyweight legend Rodrigo Nogueira was one of them.

"I called the hospitals and we rushed her to the hospital right away," "Minotauro" told MMAFighting.com. "She underwent surgery 80 minutes after she had the stroke. The doctor said she avoided sequelae because we helped her right away.

"I have to thank my coach Vander Valverde, who recognized the symptoms, and ‘Minotauro’ for helping me," Yankovich added. "We have angels in the sky that protect us, and we have angels who walk among us. I was saved by my friends, and I have to thank my student Andre Elias, who was there to help me with the toughest part, financials. I can’t thank them enough."

Joe Rogan on UFC-Reebok deal: 'I don’t like when I see fighters suffering financially'

Add Rogan to the long list of detractors... Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) brass unveiled its compensation tiers earlier this week for the company's Reebok uniform sponsorship deal (see them he read news >>

Joe Rogan on reaction to Reebok pay tiers: 'I don't like when I see fighters suffering'

Almost everyone has an opinion about the UFC’s fighter payout tiers for its apparel partnership with Reebok, which goes into effect in July. Veteran UFC commentator and host Joe Rogan is no different read news >>

Claudia Gadelha: Paige VanZant not ready for top five competition yet

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Is Paige VanZant ready to fight for the UFC title? Fellow strawweight contender Claudia Gadelha doesn’t think so. The 21-year old VanZant improved to 2-0 in the UFC with a dominant read news >>

One year after shocking knockout, Johnny Eduardo finally cleared to fight

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Johnny Eduardo shocked the world last May by knocking out Eddie Wineland in the first round, but since has been sidelined with injuries. The Nova Uniao bantamweight, who has only fo read news >>

It's time for MMA fans to stop declaring the death of boxing

Floyd Mayweather's win over Manny Pacquiao apparently doubled as boxing's swan song in the eyes of MMA, and more specifically UFC fans. Mookie Alexander says it is time to stop repeating this meme. F read news >>

Video: UFC pros pick Floyd Mayweather to stop Manny Pacquiao, Brendan Schaub is shocked

Video: UFC fighters Paige VanZant, Michael Bisping, Rashad Evans, Kenny Florian, and Brendan Schaub give their picks for Saturday night's mammoth PPV Boxing bout pitting Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Manny read news >>

Photo: Jon Jones wrecked rental after hit and run

An image has emerged of the rental SUV after Jon Jones allegedly ran a stop and bashed into a car driven by a pregnant woman. UFC champ Jon Jones is out on $2500 bail after being arraigned on felony read news >>

Anthony Johnson reacts to Jon Jones drama ahead of UFC 187: 'Rumors don't stop me from being focused'

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight No. 1 contender, Anthony Johnson, is planning to fight for the promotion's 205-pound title at the upcoming UFC 187 pay-per-view (PPV) event, whi read news >>

Claudia Gadelha makes case for UFC title fight with Joanna Jedrzejczyk

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Is Claudia Gadelha the most logical choice for Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s first UFC title defense? Gadelha battled Jedrzejczyk for three rounds in December, suffering her first profession read news >>