Bec Hyatt (4-2) and her husband, who’s also a professional fighter, have faced undefeated opponents 72 percent of the time they’ve stepped into the cage.

On Friday, the Aussie strawweight meets another one when she fights Jasminka Civa (5-0) at Invicta FC 5, which takes place at Ameristar Hotel and Casino in Kansas City, Mo.

“I think a lot of matchmakers try to shout me off and don’t do a very good job of it,” Hyatt told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) with a laugh.

The bubbly 24-year-old mother of two already has turned heads bucking expectations. In her previous fight, she stepped in on short notice to meet the unbeaten Carla Esparza in the headliner of Invicta FC 4.

Esparza’s wrestling credentials far exceeded Hyatt’s, which became apparent as the fight went into deep waters. Hyatt lost a decision, but won praise for hanging in there and staging a late comeback.

Although she still bristles at the result, Hyatt recognizes the value she accrued from her performance in the all-women’s promotion, whose use of social media has made up for its small footprint in the industry. She and Civa recently were featured in a black-and-white promo that resembled more of an encounter session than a trash-talking spat.

“It still doesn’t feel like a loss, the opportunities that I gained from that fight, and a lot of people that I proved wrong,” she said. “They all said I wasn’t going to make it out of Round 1 and I was going to get ground-and-pounded into the canvas.

“I’m very competitive, and I hate decisions. I just don’t feel like it was close. I feel like I could have won if I had one more round or a few more seconds. But I’m feeling really confident and ready to get in there and do my thing.”

Hyatt undoubtedly is more prepared to do that with the proper gear to compete. The airline that flew the Hyatts stateside lost her luggage, which almost prompted her to ask for charitable contributions prior to the fight. Twenty-four hours later, she returned to the airport to find her bags waiting.

Civa has stopped four of her five opponents by way of TKO or KO, so the mouthguard Hyatt holds dearly may be more necessary than usual. It’s another steep challenge from Invicta’s matchmaker.

There may be fewer people that doubt her ability these days, of course. But for any stragglers, she’s ready to silence doubters.

“I like to prove people wrong,” Hyatt said. “When people say, ‘I don’t think you’re going to win this one,’ it draws me to work harder and get in there and knock [my opponent's] head off.”

For more on Invicta FC 5, including the night’s stacked fight card, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

From Around the Web

Cris Cyborg takes home triple the Invicta FC 11 payroll with $90,000 purse

Cris Cyborg earned nearly three times more than the rest of the Invicta FC 11 card combined for her 46 second knockout of Charmaine Tweet, and from the sound of it, Zuffa may have helped foot the bil read news >>

Jessica Eye on respecting opponents: 'I don't owe anybody anything'

LOS ANGELES -- UFC women's bantamweight contender Jessica Eye was in attendance at UFC 184 and spoke to the media on a range of issues, including her thoughts on Raquel Pennington vs. Holly Holm, whe read news >>

Invicta FC 11 Fighter Salaries: Cris Cyborg Towers Over Rest of Payroll | MMAWeekly.com

Cris “Cyborg” Justino spent less time in the cage than any other victor on the Invicta FC 11 fight card, but she took home double the rest of fighters' salaries combined. read news >>

Invicta FC 11 payouts and salaries: Cris Cyborg takes home $90k of $134,000 total payroll

Just around double than what the rest of the field combined took home that night. Cristiane Justino may not be plying her trade under the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) banner (yet), but her ba read news >>

Invicta FC 11 salaries: Cris 'Cyborg' pockets $90,000 for 46-second win

When it comes to Invicta FC 11's payroll sheet, there's Cristiane Justino and then there's everybody else. "Cyborg" pocketed a reported $90,000 for her 46-second knockout win over Charmaine Tweet at read news >>

Cris Cyborg responds to Rener Gracie’s comments: ‘I have no grandfather name to live off’

Invicta FC featherweight champion Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino responds to Rener Gracie’s public comments that she is given “too much credit.” Monday's edition of The MMA Hour saw Rener Gracie make an appea read news >>

The MMA Hour - 271 - Robert Sargent

MMA Rising's Robert Sargent discusses UFC 184 and Invicta FC 11. read news >>

Invicta FC 11 medical suspensions: Charmaine Tweet potentially out six months after brutal 'Cyborg' loss

Just how much damage can Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino inflict in 46 seconds? Apparently enough to set an opponent back six months, as Charmaine Tweet learned on Friday night at Invicta FC 11. Tweet suf read news >>

Ronda Rousey: Can She Continue Destroying Opponents and Be a Huge Draw?

Ronda Rousey was called a "female version of Mike Tyson" by Dana White at the UFC 184 post-fight press conference. Her last two fights lasted a combined total of 30 seconds. She has only been past th read news >>