Invicta Fighting Championships featherweight titlist Cristiane Justino will compete in a muay Thai bout at Lion Fight 11 on Sept. 20.

Lion Fight officials this week announced the booking, which will see “Cyborg” take on Martina Jindrova under full muay Thai rules at the Fremont Street Experience in Las Vegas.

“This is a great fight for me at Lion Fight 11. I fought muay Thai in Brazil, and I love competing in this sport,” Justino stated in a release. “I’m really excited for this fight. I can’t wait to go to Vegas and get in that ring on Sept. 20.”

Justino last competed on July 13, when she stopped Marloes Coenen to win the Invicta featherweight title. “Cyborg” captured the Strikeforce 145-pound title in 2009, but the 28-year-old was stripped of the belt in 2011 after testing positive for an anabolic steroid. Justino returned to action 16 months later to finish Fiona Muxlow at Invicta FC 5 before besting Coenen last month in their rematch.

Jindrova owns a 17-5 muay Thai record and holds three knockouts to her credit. The 22-year-old fights out of Brutal Gym in the Netherlands and has won kickboxing and boxing titles in her native Czech Republic.

“I know ‘Cyborg’ is a huge MMA star and this is a big challenge for me to fight an opponent like her,” said Jindrova. “She is very strong with hard punches, kicks and knees, but this is not MMA. This is Muay Thai, and she will be fighting me [under] my rules. I’m very proud to be on this historic Lion Fight 11 card and am ready to make a great knockout win for the fans.”

From Around the Web

Invicta FC 11 results: Cris Cyborg dominates, finishes Charmaine Tweet in under a minute

Guess who's back! Invicta Fighting Championships featherweight titleholder Cristiane Justino returned to the cage last evening (Fri., Feb. 27, 2015) after a lengthy layoff in the main event of Invict read news >>

Lion Fight Muay Thai coverage: Previews, results, news and more

Get all the information you need on Lion Fight Muay Thai, right here. Bloody Elbow has you covered for live results, fight card previews, news, and much more. With the rising popularity of Glory's sh read news >>

Lion Fight 21 preview, results, live discussion: Catch full Muay Thai action this Friday night

Quiet combat sports weekend? Then you need to check out Lion Fight 21, Friday night live on AXS, featuring the beautiful brutality of full rules Muay Thai. Bloody Elbow has full coverage right here, read news >>

Lion Fight 22 Fight Card

• a day ago

Thai superstar and World Muay Thai Champion Kem Sitsongpeenong is coming to the United States, for the first time ever, to headline LION FIGHT 22. read news >>

Muay Thai champion Kem Sitsongpeenong to make US debut at Lion Fight 22, May 22

• a day ago

Lion Fight has announced the debut of decorated Thai champion Kem Sitsongpeenong. Kem will headline Lion Fight 22, May 22 live on AXS. This Friday night, Lion Fight presents their latest show, Lion F read news >>

Video: Quit asking Lion Fight 21's Tiffany Van Soest about MMA

• 16 hours ago

Tiffany Van Soest loves muay Thai, and she hopes combat-sports fans will tune into her Lion Fight 21 bout on Friday. But please, she’s asks, quit asking her about MMA.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Feat read news >>

Henderson vs. Boetsch, Rothwell vs. Mitrione booked for UFC Fight Night: Cormier vs. Bader

The UFC confirmed the addition of multiple fights to UFC Fight Night: Cormier vs. Bader in June, including Dan Henderson facing off against Tim Boetsch. New fights are set for UFC Fight Night: Cormie read news >>

Invicta FC 11: Cris Cyborg vs. Charmaine Tweet full fight video preview

Cristiane Justino puts her featherweight championship on the line tonight (Fri., Feb. 27, 2015), when she faces off against the dangerous Charmaine Tweet in the main event of Invicta FC 11 inside Shr read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Cris Cyborg thinks Ronda Rousey is 'scared' to fight her

I think it looks like [Ronda's] scared of me. I don't know. Why? I don't like to think too much about it, I try to fight inside the cage. If she doesn't come for me, maybe I'll come for her, follow h read news >>