Wanderlei Silva - Pride FCChael Sonnen on Wednesday night continued his quest to get a fight with former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva.

UFC president Dana White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday night’s edition of Fox Sports Live, and Sonnen had a recorded message awaiting his boss.

“Dana, it is no secret that I am the biggest draw and the highest paid athlete in the UFC. The only person that comes close to rivaling me is Georges St-Pierre, and as I see it, in November, when he takes on Johny Hendricks, live and in Las Vegas – tickets on sale now – he does not have a co-main event,” Sonnen spouted.

“I ask that you put me and Wanderlei Silva on that card.”

White would like to put on that fight, and agrees that it would be a easily play co-main event to Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks, which headlines the UFC 167 fight card on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas. The event will serve as the promotion’s 20th Anniversary celebration.

“We’d do that fight, but I the question is I think that Wanderlei Silva is out until the beginning of the year,” said White. “So I’m not sure if he’s healthy, but if he’s healthy, I will definitely make that fight and I will definitely make it the co-main event.”

He may, however, want to give Silva a call.

Although he had been having some problems with his sciatic nerve, Silva recently told MMAJunkie.com, “I don’t have that problem anymore and I’m ready to get back.” He hoped to be able to fight by the end of the year.

UFC 167 on Nov. 16 would fit that bill nicely.

Sonnen, however, wasn’t done with the plea for the fight. There was also the matter of a possible wager on his fight with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua last week in Boston.

“(Wanderlei) said last week publicly that he would bet $100,000 on Shogun against me. I came out publicly and accepted that bet. He has yet to pay up,” said Sonnen.

“I am asking that $50,000 go to the Hire Heroes Foundation headed up by Brian Stann and the other $50,000 go to bombing victims of Boston. I don’t know if he’s a welcher. I believe he will pay up.

“But either way, I ask you, Dana White, my plea to you, please put this fight together.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Rose Namajunas vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz: Results and Reaction from UFC 201

The UFC 201 co-main event was the Rose Namajunas show. The 24-year-old has been one of the most intriguing fighters at 115 pounds since her flying armbar submission of Kathina Catron at Invicta FC 5 read news >>

UFC 201 Fight Highlights: Karolina Kowalkiewicz Bests Rose Namajunas

Check out the UFC 201 fight highlights from the co-main event bout between Rose Namajunas and Karolina Kowalkiewicz. read news >>

Video: Dana White Gives His Immediate Reaction, Breaks Down UFC 201

Dana White gave his immediate reaction to UFC 201, a card that saw Tyron Woodley take out Robbie Lawler in the first round to win the 170-pound title. read news >>

Dana White 'Would Love' Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz in Poland

Karolina Kowalkiewicz all but assured her title shot with a split-decision victory over Rose Namajunas at UFC 201. Kowalkiewicz entered as the No. 5-ranked strawweight with Namajunas holding the No. read news >>

Devin Powell Intends to Impress Dana White, Who is Looking for a Fight

Devin Powell won't say Friday night's NEF fight is now or never, but knows he needs to impress UFC president Dana White, who will be in the audience. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Rails on Association of Boxing Commissions’ Rules Changes (Video)

Chael Sonnen isn't cheering the ABC's recent MMA rules changes, particularly when it comes to the rule about what constitutes a downed fighter. read news >>

Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fight Picked Up by Netflix

Dana White: Lookin' for a Fight was originally available on UFC Fight Pass and YouTube, but will soon be available on Netflix to its 83 million subscribers. read news >>

Former Champ Joe Warren Faces Sirwan Kakai in Bellator 161 Co-Main Event

A bantamweight showdown pitting Joe Warren against Sirwan Kakai has been added to the main card of Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson. read news >>

Ben Rothwell Injured, Out of UFC 203 Co-Main Event

Ben Rothwell has been forced out of his UFC 203 co-main event bout with former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum due to injury. read news >>

Conor McGregor was Happy for Jose Aldo’s Victory, but Undecided if He’s Next (UFC 202 Video)

Dana White has said that, win or lose, featherweight champion Conor McGregor is going to defend his belt next. McGregor, however, isn't nearly as certain. read news >>