Wanderlei Silva - Pride FCChael Sonnen on Wednesday night continued his quest to get a fight with former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva.

UFC president Dana White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday night’s edition of Fox Sports Live, and Sonnen had a recorded message awaiting his boss.

“Dana, it is no secret that I am the biggest draw and the highest paid athlete in the UFC. The only person that comes close to rivaling me is Georges St-Pierre, and as I see it, in November, when he takes on Johny Hendricks, live and in Las Vegas – tickets on sale now – he does not have a co-main event,” Sonnen spouted.

“I ask that you put me and Wanderlei Silva on that card.”

White would like to put on that fight, and agrees that it would be a easily play co-main event to Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks, which headlines the UFC 167 fight card on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas. The event will serve as the promotion’s 20th Anniversary celebration.

“We’d do that fight, but I the question is I think that Wanderlei Silva is out until the beginning of the year,” said White. “So I’m not sure if he’s healthy, but if he’s healthy, I will definitely make that fight and I will definitely make it the co-main event.”

He may, however, want to give Silva a call.

Although he had been having some problems with his sciatic nerve, Silva recently told MMAJunkie.com, “I don’t have that problem anymore and I’m ready to get back.” He hoped to be able to fight by the end of the year.

UFC 167 on Nov. 16 would fit that bill nicely.

Sonnen, however, wasn’t done with the plea for the fight. There was also the matter of a possible wager on his fight with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua last week in Boston.

“(Wanderlei) said last week publicly that he would bet $100,000 on Shogun against me. I came out publicly and accepted that bet. He has yet to pay up,” said Sonnen.

“I am asking that $50,000 go to the Hire Heroes Foundation headed up by Brian Stann and the other $50,000 go to bombing victims of Boston. I don’t know if he’s a welcher. I believe he will pay up.

“But either way, I ask you, Dana White, my plea to you, please put this fight together.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Dana White not expecting another comeback by ex-UFC champ Brock Lesnar

Never say never, but it appears Brock Lesnar’s career as a UFC fighter could be over once and for all.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Brock Lesnar Back to the UFC? Dana White Doesn't Think So | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White won't ever slam the door, but said that he doesn't think Brock Lesnar will return to MMA following his suspension. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Brock Lesnar's Future with UFC

The UFC suspended Brock Lesnar for one year and fined him $250,000 after it was revealed he failed two drug tests prior to his win over Mark Hunt at UFC 200. It appears his time in the Octagon may be read news >>

Dana White Explains Ronda Rousey's UFC 207 Media Blackout | MMAWeekly.com

So how did Ronda Rousey get away with her UFC 207 Media Blackout? UFC president Dana White explains. read news >>

Dana White’s UFC 207 scrum notebook

LAS VEGAS – UFC President Dana White said it wasn’t his idea to sit before the MMA media for a scrum.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Fabricio Werdum posts text messages to Dana White offering to fight at UFC 207 for $500,000

When Cain Velasquez was forced out of his bout with Fabricio Werdum at UFC 207, the pay-per-view main card lost a strong heavyweight fight. Werdum was almost able to stay on the card and face a late- read news >>

Conor McGregor 'not in my plans for the next 10 months,' says UFC President Dana White

In spite of Conor McGregor’s recent clues that we might be seeing him sooner than originally expected, UFC president Dana White is still not counting on the lightweight champion for ten months.Filed read news >>

UFC 207 Main & Co-Main Weigh-in Video: Nunes vs. Rousey and Cruz vs. Garbrandt | MMAWeekly.com

The tension between the four respective UFC 207 main and co-main event fighters was palpable at Thursday's ceremonial weigh-in at T-Mobile Arena. read news >>

Dana White: 'Ronda Rousey is Psychotically Competitive' (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says Ronda Rousey is like the old Ronda again heading into UFC 207. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov asks for fight the 'whole world is waiting for' against Tony Ferguson

After UFC president Dana White shot down an interim fight between top contenders Khabib Numargumedov and Tony Ferguson, Nurmagumedov took to twitter to once again ask for the fight “that whole world read news >>