Wanderlei Silva - Pride FCChael Sonnen on Wednesday night continued his quest to get a fight with former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva.

UFC president Dana White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday night’s edition of Fox Sports Live, and Sonnen had a recorded message awaiting his boss.

“Dana, it is no secret that I am the biggest draw and the highest paid athlete in the UFC. The only person that comes close to rivaling me is Georges St-Pierre, and as I see it, in November, when he takes on Johny Hendricks, live and in Las Vegas – tickets on sale now – he does not have a co-main event,” Sonnen spouted.

“I ask that you put me and Wanderlei Silva on that card.”

White would like to put on that fight, and agrees that it would be a easily play co-main event to Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks, which headlines the UFC 167 fight card on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas. The event will serve as the promotion’s 20th Anniversary celebration.

“We’d do that fight, but I the question is I think that Wanderlei Silva is out until the beginning of the year,” said White. “So I’m not sure if he’s healthy, but if he’s healthy, I will definitely make that fight and I will definitely make it the co-main event.”

He may, however, want to give Silva a call.

Although he had been having some problems with his sciatic nerve, Silva recently told MMAJunkie.com, “I don’t have that problem anymore and I’m ready to get back.” He hoped to be able to fight by the end of the year.

UFC 167 on Nov. 16 would fit that bill nicely.

Sonnen, however, wasn’t done with the plea for the fight. There was also the matter of a possible wager on his fight with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua last week in Boston.

“(Wanderlei) said last week publicly that he would bet $100,000 on Shogun against me. I came out publicly and accepted that bet. He has yet to pay up,” said Sonnen.

“I am asking that $50,000 go to the Hire Heroes Foundation headed up by Brian Stann and the other $50,000 go to bombing victims of Boston. I don’t know if he’s a welcher. I believe he will pay up.

“But either way, I ask you, Dana White, my plea to you, please put this fight together.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Rizin FF 2 results and highlights: 'Cro Cop' wins tourney opener, gets Wanderlei Silva next

Kron Gracie’s world-class ground game was again on display in Sunday’s Rizin FF 2 headliner. However, a potential second-round open-weight grand prix bout was the story of the night.Filed under: News read news >>

Cro Cop Lands Fight with Wanderlei Silva Following Rizin FF 2 Victory | MMAWeekly.com

Following a surprising submission victory at Sunday's RIZIN FF 2, Mirko Cro Cop landed a fight with Wanderlei Silva in December. read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz will not take place at Bellator 165 in San Jose

Newly minted Bellator fighter Chael Sonnen got a little ahead of himself in announcing a fight with Tito Ortiz on Nov. 19 at Bellator 165. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey 'Absolutely' Wants Cris Cyborg UFC Fight, Says Dana White

UFC President Dana White has said former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey "absolutely, positively wants to fight" Invicta FC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg. White was asked about the possibilit read news >>

Co-Main Event Podcast: Download episode No. 224 with Ben Fowlkes, Chad Dundas

Episode No. 224 of the Co-Main Event Podcast is now available for streaming and download. This week, the dudes discuss the continued fallout from Cris "Cyborg" Justino's win in Brazil, the return of read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero Announced for UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday morning that Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero will face off during the UFC 205 card at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 12. UFC vice president of public relations read news >>

Dana White thinks Ronda Rousey will fight before the end of 2016

Dana White believes Ronda Rousey is ready for a comeback sooner rather than later. read news >>

Dana White: If Conor McGregor Wins Second Belt, It Will Be a Short Reign | MMAWeekly.com

If Conor McGregor wins the lightweight championship at UFC 205 in New York, he would become a two-division champion. If so, it could be a short reign. read news >>

Dana White explains booking Alvarez vs. McGregor for UFC 205, says Nurmagomedov wants Johnson

After a week of speculation over the UFC 205 main event, including UFC President Dana White tweeting Khabib Nurmagomedov was next up for lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez, the promotion surprised every read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey Absolutely Positively Wants to Fight Cyborg... So? No? | MMAWeekly.com

So what do we really know when Dana White says that Ronda Rousey "absolutely, positively" wants to fight Cris Cyborg? read news >>