Wanderlei Silva - Pride FCChael Sonnen on Wednesday night continued his quest to get a fight with former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva.

UFC president Dana White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday night’s edition of Fox Sports Live, and Sonnen had a recorded message awaiting his boss.

“Dana, it is no secret that I am the biggest draw and the highest paid athlete in the UFC. The only person that comes close to rivaling me is Georges St-Pierre, and as I see it, in November, when he takes on Johny Hendricks, live and in Las Vegas – tickets on sale now – he does not have a co-main event,” Sonnen spouted.

“I ask that you put me and Wanderlei Silva on that card.”

White would like to put on that fight, and agrees that it would be a easily play co-main event to Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks, which headlines the UFC 167 fight card on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas. The event will serve as the promotion’s 20th Anniversary celebration.

“We’d do that fight, but I the question is I think that Wanderlei Silva is out until the beginning of the year,” said White. “So I’m not sure if he’s healthy, but if he’s healthy, I will definitely make that fight and I will definitely make it the co-main event.”

He may, however, want to give Silva a call.

Although he had been having some problems with his sciatic nerve, Silva recently told MMAJunkie.com, “I don’t have that problem anymore and I’m ready to get back.” He hoped to be able to fight by the end of the year.

UFC 167 on Nov. 16 would fit that bill nicely.

Sonnen, however, wasn’t done with the plea for the fight. There was also the matter of a possible wager on his fight with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua last week in Boston.

“(Wanderlei) said last week publicly that he would bet $100,000 on Shogun against me. I came out publicly and accepted that bet. He has yet to pay up,” said Sonnen.

“I am asking that $50,000 go to the Hire Heroes Foundation headed up by Brian Stann and the other $50,000 go to bombing victims of Boston. I don’t know if he’s a welcher. I believe he will pay up.

“But either way, I ask you, Dana White, my plea to you, please put this fight together.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

UFC on FOX 19 Video: Dana White Backstage Interview

UFC president Dana White talks about the UFC on FOX 19 main event and co-main event bouts shortly after they happened backstage at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla. on Saturday. read news >>

Dana White: ‘I Think Rashad Evans is Probably Going to Retire’

Former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans faces some tough questions looking ahead after suffering his second consecutive loss on Saturday. read news >>

Dana White says Rose Namajunas needs another 'fight or 2' before next title shot

Pump the brakes on rushing to declare Rose Namajunas as No. 1 contender in the UFC strawweight division following her victory over Tecia Torres this past Saturday at UFC on FOX 19.Filed under: News, read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's Comeback Fight, Holly Holm

UFC President Dana White confirmed Sunday that Ronda Rousey will have a chance to win back the UFC women's bantamweight title when she steps into the Octagon again. White discussed Rousey's immediate read news >>

Dana White Guarantees Ronda Rousey ‘Will Fight Whoever Has the Belt’ in UFC Return

We don't know when or where Ronda Rousey will make her UFC return, but Dana White guarantees she'll get a title shot when she does. read news >>

UFC 197: Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo, a Head-to-Toe Breakdown

The co-main event at UFC 197 on Saturday isn't getting much press, but it features arguably the pound-for-pound best fighter on the planet, Demetrious Johnson (23-2-1). Johnson defends his UFC Flywei read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor has been pulled from UFC 200 headliner vs. Nate Diaz

The UFC 200 main event between featherweight champion Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz is off, promotion President Dana White said today. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Pulled from UFC 200

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday that UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor has been pulled from his UFC 200 main event against Nate Diaz on July 9. read news >>

UFC Yanks Conor McGregor; ‘He Will Not Be a Part of UFC 200' – Dana White

Dana White on Tuesday announced that Conor McGregor was pulled from UFC 200. That came following McGregor's tweet of a retirement. read news >>

Dana White Explains Pulling Defiant Conor McGregor from UFC 200 (Video)

UFC president Dana White went on ESPN to break the news and explain why officials pulled Conor McGregor from the UFC 200 fight card in July. read news >>