Wanderlei Silva - Pride FCChael Sonnen on Wednesday night continued his quest to get a fight with former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva.

UFC president Dana White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday night’s edition of Fox Sports Live, and Sonnen had a recorded message awaiting his boss.

“Dana, it is no secret that I am the biggest draw and the highest paid athlete in the UFC. The only person that comes close to rivaling me is Georges St-Pierre, and as I see it, in November, when he takes on Johny Hendricks, live and in Las Vegas – tickets on sale now – he does not have a co-main event,” Sonnen spouted.

“I ask that you put me and Wanderlei Silva on that card.”

White would like to put on that fight, and agrees that it would be a easily play co-main event to Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks, which headlines the UFC 167 fight card on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas. The event will serve as the promotion’s 20th Anniversary celebration.

“We’d do that fight, but I the question is I think that Wanderlei Silva is out until the beginning of the year,” said White. “So I’m not sure if he’s healthy, but if he’s healthy, I will definitely make that fight and I will definitely make it the co-main event.”

He may, however, want to give Silva a call.

Although he had been having some problems with his sciatic nerve, Silva recently told MMAJunkie.com, “I don’t have that problem anymore and I’m ready to get back.” He hoped to be able to fight by the end of the year.

UFC 167 on Nov. 16 would fit that bill nicely.

Sonnen, however, wasn’t done with the plea for the fight. There was also the matter of a possible wager on his fight with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua last week in Boston.

“(Wanderlei) said last week publicly that he would bet $100,000 on Shogun against me. I came out publicly and accepted that bet. He has yet to pay up,” said Sonnen.

“I am asking that $50,000 go to the Hire Heroes Foundation headed up by Brian Stann and the other $50,000 go to bombing victims of Boston. I don’t know if he’s a welcher. I believe he will pay up.

“But either way, I ask you, Dana White, my plea to you, please put this fight together.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Dana White’s UFC Boston Wrap-Up: We’ve Got to Find Out if Cruz is Healthy

UFC president Dana White recaps Sunday night's UFC Fight Night 81 in Boston and talks about the resiliency of Dominick Cruz. read news >>

Dana White responds to Aldo's rematch request: 'It's tough to make that fight again'

It appears Jose Aldo might be sitting on the sidelines for a very long time if he’s not willing to stray from his demand of a title shot or Conor McGregor rematch for his next contest.Filed under: Ne read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey Return, Sage Northcutt, More

Ronda Rousey will "probably" make a return to the Octagon in November, according to UFC president Dana White, who has also opened up on Sage Northcutt's first professional defeat. Reigning UFC women' read news >>

Dana White Gives Conor McGregor No Chance of Beating Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 196

Dana White expects Conor McGregor to suffer his first UFC loss when he makes the move up to lightweight for a championship bout against Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 196 on March 5. The Notorious will clim read news >>

Johny Hendricks vs. Stephen Thompson: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

What was supposed to be the UFC 196 co-main event is now the UFC Fight Night 82 main event. No. 2-ranked welterweight contender Johny Hendricks (17-3) meets No. 8-ranked Stephen Thompson (11-1) Satur read news >>

'Bendo' brushes off White's parting shot, now advising other potential free agents

Benson Henderson doesn’t take everything UFC President Dana White says to heart. He can’t. It’d be foolish.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Conor McGregor’s UFC 196 poster rant got Dana White to admit promotion was wrong

Conor McGregor’s stink over the UFC 196 poster got immediate results, UFC President Dana White revealed in an interview today with DC Radio. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82 Joe Silva Video Preview: Roy Nelson vs. Jared Rosholt

UFC matchmaker Joe Silva breaksdown the UFC Fight Night 82: Hendricks vs. Thompson co-main event between heavyweights Roy Nelson and Jared Rosholt. read news >>

Laila Ali and Chael Sonnen Break Down Holly Holm’s Knockout of Ronda Rousey

Laila Ali joins Chael Sonnen on this episode of Beyond the Fight to break down the Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm fight and talk about the pressure of being a World Champion. read news >>

Ray Borg planning to make an impact in flyweight division

After nearly two years on the UFC roster, Ray Borg has made an impression on the MMA world, rising to the 12th spot in the flyweight rankings. But his mindset hasn’t changed much. read news >>