Wanderlei Silva - Pride FCChael Sonnen on Wednesday night continued his quest to get a fight with former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva.

UFC president Dana White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday night’s edition of Fox Sports Live, and Sonnen had a recorded message awaiting his boss.

“Dana, it is no secret that I am the biggest draw and the highest paid athlete in the UFC. The only person that comes close to rivaling me is Georges St-Pierre, and as I see it, in November, when he takes on Johny Hendricks, live and in Las Vegas – tickets on sale now – he does not have a co-main event,” Sonnen spouted.

“I ask that you put me and Wanderlei Silva on that card.”

White would like to put on that fight, and agrees that it would be a easily play co-main event to Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks, which headlines the UFC 167 fight card on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas. The event will serve as the promotion’s 20th Anniversary celebration.

“We’d do that fight, but I the question is I think that Wanderlei Silva is out until the beginning of the year,” said White. “So I’m not sure if he’s healthy, but if he’s healthy, I will definitely make that fight and I will definitely make it the co-main event.”

He may, however, want to give Silva a call.

Although he had been having some problems with his sciatic nerve, Silva recently told MMAJunkie.com, “I don’t have that problem anymore and I’m ready to get back.” He hoped to be able to fight by the end of the year.

UFC 167 on Nov. 16 would fit that bill nicely.

Sonnen, however, wasn’t done with the plea for the fight. There was also the matter of a possible wager on his fight with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua last week in Boston.

“(Wanderlei) said last week publicly that he would bet $100,000 on Shogun against me. I came out publicly and accepted that bet. He has yet to pay up,” said Sonnen.

“I am asking that $50,000 go to the Hire Heroes Foundation headed up by Brian Stann and the other $50,000 go to bombing victims of Boston. I don’t know if he’s a welcher. I believe he will pay up.

“But either way, I ask you, Dana White, my plea to you, please put this fight together.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Co-Main Event Podcast: Download episode No. 230 with Ben Fowlkes, Chad Dundas

Episode No. 230 of the Co-Main Event Podcast is now available for streaming and download. This week, the amigos preview Saturday’s three UFC 205 title fights and look back at UFC Fight Night 98 and B read news >>

After chair near-incident, Dana White admits Conor McGregor gets special treatment – for good reason

The pre-fight news conference for UFC 205 delivered another memorable Conor McGregor moment for his career highlight reel: That time he picked up a metal folding chair and was ready to drop it on opp read news >>

Dana White Stumped for Donald Trump; Will the Next President Show at UFC 205? | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White stumped for now-President-Elect Donald Trump, but will the next U.S. president return the favor? read news >>

UFC boss Dana White: 'I would never take the risk of headlining a show with Jon Jones again'

UFC President Dana White appears to have lost faith in former UFC champion Jon Jones following his one-year suspension from the U.S. Anti-Doping Association (USADA) for a failed drug test prior to UF read news >>

Dana White says Kelvin Gastelum done at 170 after missing weight for UFC 205

Kelvin Gastelum’s time as a welterweight is apparently over for good after he missed weight today for the third time in his UFC career.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White: Kelvin Gastelum Will Never Again Fight at 170 | MMAWeekly.com

After blowing his UFC 205 weight cut, Kelvin Gastelum is never again going to get the opportunity to try and fight at welterweight in the Octagon. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor Would Have Lost 'Millions of Dollars' for Throwing Chair | MMAWeekly.com

Pre-fight mayhem has become the norm for fight cards featuring UFC champion Conor McGregor, and things nearly got out of control on Thursday. read news >>

Who ya got?!? Fellow fighters make their picks for Woodley vs. 'Wonderboy' at UFC 205

Who are fighters picking in Saturday’s co-main event welterweight title fight between champion Tyron Woodley and challenger Stephen Thompson?Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

Ronda Rousey Shrugs Off Dana White After Amanda Nunes Face-off | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey made a surprise appearance at the UFC 205 weigh-in, but things didn't go all that smoothly when Dana White tried to get her to talk. read news >>