Bart Palaszewski (right) | Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Bart Palaszewski expects touted wrestler Kamal Shalorus to disregard his roots and slug it out with him Thursday in their lightweight bout at WEC 53.

“From what I’ve seen, he gets out there and swings and doesn’t utilize his wrestling at all,” Palaszewski said Monday during a “Savage Dog Show” interview on the Sherdog Radio Network. “As long as we keep on our feet, I think I’ll be good.”

Despite his international-level resume in wrestling, Shalorus has shown a penchant for fighting on the feet. The strategy hasn’t given him a loss yet: He’s 2-0-1 in the WEC with a draw against Jamie Varner. Accordingly, Palaszewski thinks Shalorus will stick with his usual game plan.

“He’s going to be coming forward, I think,” Palaszewski said. “Supposedly he’s been working his boxing, but you know, with wide punches and just going crazy and trying to hit me with something. I’ve seen it. He’s not going to show me anything I haven’t seen before. That’s the thing. I’m a much more technical and much more seasoned fighter and a standup fighter. We’re definitely going to clash and, I’m sure, hit each other. He’s going to be pushing forward, and I’m going to be moving around and peppering him with shots.”

Palaszewski has roughly five times the experience of Shalorus in MMA. He’s also won three straight in the WEC. Another win would likely guarantee the UFC picks him up when it merges with the WEC after Thursday’s event.

“If I lose, but I put on a good show and they think I’m worthy and they take me, that’d be great,” Palaszewski said. “But … I’m not going to put on the extra pressure and maybe choke in the cage because I was putting the pressure on. I’m just going to get out there and have fun.”

Palaszewski would consider a toe-to-toe war with Shalorus fun, but he’s also prepared for takedowns.

“I want to stand and bang, but if it hits the ground, I’m not going to be shy and just hold on to him,” Palaszewski said. “I’m going to shoot for a submission.”

Of course Palaszewski will be trying to stuff any shots Shalorus takes. On the feet, he wants to push his Iranian-born opponent to that same place Varner took him in June. Varner appeared to have Shalorus hurt but didn’t put him away.

“He got clipped a few times from Varner, but Varner never jumped on him,” Palaszewski said. “I think that was the downfall of Jamie. I know he could have finished him, but he chose to kind of pick his shots. Instead of jumping on him when he got him hurt, he kind of backed off.”

Palaszewski has a different plan.

“Jamie got him hurt, but I don’t know if he didn’t want to jump on him because he didn’t want to get taken down,” he said. “I’m not really worried about it. If I get him hurt, I’m going to jump on him. If I don’t put him away there and end up on my back, I’m not going to cry over spilled milk. I’m just going to keep working for a submission.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 13:35) with Palaszewski.

Ricardo Lamas: UFC Fight Night Mexico City Warrior Code Video | MMAWeekly.com

Ricardo Lamas talk about his life as a fighter and his plans for the future in one of the deepest divisions in the UFC. read news >>

Tony Ferguson Has No Plans to Watch Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson is one of the top lightweights in the division, but says he couldn't care less about champion Eddie Alvarez's fight with Conor McGregor. read news >>

Stephen Thompson Plans to 'Muhammad Ali' Tyron Woodley at UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson is prepared for his first UFC title fight and plans to 'Muhammad Ali' champion Tyron Woodley at UFC 205 on Saturday. read news >>

UFC 205's Karolina Kowalkiewicz plans to give champ Jedrzejczyk 'hardest fight of her life'

NEW YORK – No one has been able to figure out the puzzle that is UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk. However, UFC 205 challenger Karolina Kowalkiewicz insists she’s going to be the one to ge read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Plans Move to Lightweight Following Featherweight Fight in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Following his Bellator 164 bout in Israel, Georgi Karakhanyan plans to leave featherweight behind and make the move to lightweight for some pivotal bouts. read news >>

Eduard Folayang Plans to Prove the World Wrong in Shinya Aoki Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Eduard Folayang knows that he is considered a long shot to defeat Shinya Aoki at ONE: Defending Honor, but he plans to prove the doubters wrong. read news >>

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

Invicta FC 20's Kaline Medeiros expects to win strawweight title – but no call from UFC

Strawweight title challenger Kaline Medeiros thinks her experience will help her defeat champ Angela Hill at Invicta FC 20.Filed under: News read news >>