Bart Palaszewski (right) | Dave Mandel/

Bart Palaszewski expects touted wrestler Kamal Shalorus to disregard his roots and slug it out with him Thursday in their lightweight bout at WEC 53.

“From what I’ve seen, he gets out there and swings and doesn’t utilize his wrestling at all,” Palaszewski said Monday during a “Savage Dog Show” interview on the Sherdog Radio Network. “As long as we keep on our feet, I think I’ll be good.”

Despite his international-level resume in wrestling, Shalorus has shown a penchant for fighting on the feet. The strategy hasn’t given him a loss yet: He’s 2-0-1 in the WEC with a draw against Jamie Varner. Accordingly, Palaszewski thinks Shalorus will stick with his usual game plan.

“He’s going to be coming forward, I think,” Palaszewski said. “Supposedly he’s been working his boxing, but you know, with wide punches and just going crazy and trying to hit me with something. I’ve seen it. He’s not going to show me anything I haven’t seen before. That’s the thing. I’m a much more technical and much more seasoned fighter and a standup fighter. We’re definitely going to clash and, I’m sure, hit each other. He’s going to be pushing forward, and I’m going to be moving around and peppering him with shots.”

Palaszewski has roughly five times the experience of Shalorus in MMA. He’s also won three straight in the WEC. Another win would likely guarantee the UFC picks him up when it merges with the WEC after Thursday’s event.

“If I lose, but I put on a good show and they think I’m worthy and they take me, that’d be great,” Palaszewski said. “But … I’m not going to put on the extra pressure and maybe choke in the cage because I was putting the pressure on. I’m just going to get out there and have fun.”

Palaszewski would consider a toe-to-toe war with Shalorus fun, but he’s also prepared for takedowns.

“I want to stand and bang, but if it hits the ground, I’m not going to be shy and just hold on to him,” Palaszewski said. “I’m going to shoot for a submission.”

Of course Palaszewski will be trying to stuff any shots Shalorus takes. On the feet, he wants to push his Iranian-born opponent to that same place Varner took him in June. Varner appeared to have Shalorus hurt but didn’t put him away.

“He got clipped a few times from Varner, but Varner never jumped on him,” Palaszewski said. “I think that was the downfall of Jamie. I know he could have finished him, but he chose to kind of pick his shots. Instead of jumping on him when he got him hurt, he kind of backed off.”

Palaszewski has a different plan.

“Jamie got him hurt, but I don’t know if he didn’t want to jump on him because he didn’t want to get taken down,” he said. “I’m not really worried about it. If I get him hurt, I’m going to jump on him. If I don’t put him away there and end up on my back, I’m not going to cry over spilled milk. I’m just going to keep working for a submission.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 13:35) with Palaszewski.

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dan Henderson Reveals His One Regret |

Mixed martial arts pioneer and legend Dan Henderson plans to hang up his gloves after his rematch with Michael Bisping at UFC 204 on October 8. read news >>

Dan Henderson Recounts the Highlight of His MMA Career |

Heading into what he plans to be his final fight, Dan Henderson recounted what he considers to the be the highlight of his MMA career. read news >>

Luiz Firmino plans on WSOF title shot with victory over Brian Foster

Despite three straight wins over WSOF notables, Luiz Firmino was passed over for a shot at the promotion’s lightweight belt. He doesn’t plan on allowing that to happen again.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

UFC 204's Dan Henderson expects promotion to quickly put up title if he beats Michael Bisping

The way Henderson sees things, the promotion should make quick title plans if he again starches champ Bisping and retires from the sport. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gustavo Lopez Expects to Dominate John Castaneda in Combate Americas Title Fight |

Gustavo Lopez looks to ride his wave of success to his first major MMA title when he takes on John Castaneda for the inaugural Combate Americas 135-pound title. read news >>

NFL's Antonio Brown to Honor Kimbo Slice with Custom Cleats |

Antonio Brown, wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers, plans to pay homage to two great athletes. read news >>

Jose Aldo calls meeting with UFC 'productive'

Former featherweight champion Jose Aldo met with UFC leadership to discuss plans for his future and whether or not he will continue fighting.The UFC is experiencing an uptick in fighters openly criti read news >>

Randy Couture spent $500,000 fighting UFC in court, expects tough road for Georges St-Pierre

Randy Couture has a pretty good idea of what’s in store for Georges St-Pierre in his fight for contractual freedom.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

WSOF CEO Carlos Silva expects promotion to keep its current event pace for 2017

The sudden consolidation of two WSOF events into one year-end event naturally led to speculation the promotion is in trouble.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, Videos, WSOF read news >>