Cub Swanson suffered a quick defeat the first time he fought Jose Aldo, but he has no doubt that he’d win a rematch -- or rematches.

“I know that I could win that fight 10 out of 10 times if we did it again,” Swanson told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “It’s not even an issue to me anymore. I’d actually like my brother -- would love for my brother -- to fight him, who’s an up-and-comer, which I feel is more of a fair fight. I don’t really feel like [himself vs. Aldo] would be a fair fight at all.”

Aldo landed a flying knee right out of the gate in their June 2009 encounter at WEC 41. The Brazilian, who is the current UFC featherweight champion, then followed up with punches to finish Swanson in just eight seconds. However, the 28-year-old Swanson has been improving. He’s won three straight, including a first-round knockout of Charles Oliveira on Sept. 22 at UFC 153.

“I definitely feel like I don’t get credit, but I’ve always taken that as kind of my fault,” said Swanson, citing his up-and-down tenure in the WEC. “I’ve been inconsistent. It’s the way this game is. There’s so many ways to lose and to win. When you’re drastically trying to make improvements in your game, sometimes you get lost in what made you great. Finding a balance in your game is a delicate thing. I feel like those wins and losses were really my growing period. I feel like right now is the time where everything’s coming together and everything’s just flowing for me. I feel unstoppable right now.”

Not only has Swanson won three straight, he’s scored three consecutive finishes. It’s been an impressive run, which has surely helped his standing in the UFC 145-pound division.

“I’m right there. I know I am,” Swanson said when asked where he stands in the class. “The way the UFC is, if you win decisively, it’s kind of jumping you through the ranks. I’ve been the underdog in my last three fights, and those were all quality opponents and I was able to win decisively. I feel like I should be right there, but there’s a couple of people that are obviously ahead of me. I kind of got to wait my turn and I’m OK with that. I’ll take another fight before I get a title shot if I need to or whatever. I’m happy fighting right now.”

Besides Aldo, Swanson is looking for a fight against an entertaining opponent. In particular, he named Chan Sung Jung (“The Korean Zombie”), Erik Koch and Ricardo Lamas.

“I want all three of those pretty bad,” Swanson said. “The Koch fight, I think he’s a real tough kid. I was supposed to fight him twice and I feel terrible that I wasn’t able to follow through with that for the fans and for him. That’s something I want back. The Zombie is just somebody who everybody loves. Everyone thinks he’s the best up-and-comer, and I don’t think so. That’s somebody I would love to throw down with. Lamas, he’s a stud and I felt like that was my fight and I messed up and I would like to give it another shot.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:01:23).

UFC 200 Video: Jose Aldo – Focused and Determined

Before he meets Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 for the interim featherweight title, hear from the very focused and determined former champion Jose Aldo. read news >>

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar 2: The Complete Breakdown

In the extended absence of Conor McGregor, who seems more interested in chasing Nate Diaz and other fights at 155 or 170 pounds than defending his featherweight crown, Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar wil read news >>

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar 2: The Complete Breakdown

UFC 200 Odds Preview: Aldo vs. Edgar Betting Lines, Analysis, Trends

The last time Frankie Edgar (20-4-1) squared off with Jose Aldo (25-2), they fought for the featherweight championship more than three years ago at UFC 156 in Las Vegas. They will meet again on Satur read news >>

Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar: This Fight is for the Next Champion (UFC 200 Video)

Although Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar battle for the interim featherweight belt at UFC 200, they believe the company is coming to a crossroads with Conor McGregor. read news >>

UFC 200 Video: It’s Time Preview — Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar

Former champions Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar set their sights on the interim featherweight belt. Go inside their gyms, lives and minds as the clock ticks down. read news >>

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

Jose Aldo is once again a UFC champion after a unanimous-decision win over Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 to win the interim UFC Featherweight Championship on Saturday. Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports tweeted t read news >>

UFC 200 Results: Jose Aldo Decisions Frankie Edgar to Take Interim Title

Former champions Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar fought for the interim featherweight title at UFC 200 on Saturday, and the result was the same as their first fight. read news >>

Aldo tops Edgar to claim interim title

Jose Aldo reclaimed a title for Brazil as he won the interim featherweight title after a strong victory against Frankie Edgar at UFC 200. read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Jose Aldo Beats Frankie Edgar Again, Lines Up for Conor McGregor

Former featherweight champion Jose Aldo and former lightweight titleholder Frankie Edgar fought for the second time at UFC 200 for the interim 145-pound belt. read news >>