Cub Swanson suffered a quick defeat the first time he fought Jose Aldo, but he has no doubt that he’d win a rematch -- or rematches.

“I know that I could win that fight 10 out of 10 times if we did it again,” Swanson told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “It’s not even an issue to me anymore. I’d actually like my brother -- would love for my brother -- to fight him, who’s an up-and-comer, which I feel is more of a fair fight. I don’t really feel like [himself vs. Aldo] would be a fair fight at all.”

Aldo landed a flying knee right out of the gate in their June 2009 encounter at WEC 41. The Brazilian, who is the current UFC featherweight champion, then followed up with punches to finish Swanson in just eight seconds. However, the 28-year-old Swanson has been improving. He’s won three straight, including a first-round knockout of Charles Oliveira on Sept. 22 at UFC 153.

“I definitely feel like I don’t get credit, but I’ve always taken that as kind of my fault,” said Swanson, citing his up-and-down tenure in the WEC. “I’ve been inconsistent. It’s the way this game is. There’s so many ways to lose and to win. When you’re drastically trying to make improvements in your game, sometimes you get lost in what made you great. Finding a balance in your game is a delicate thing. I feel like those wins and losses were really my growing period. I feel like right now is the time where everything’s coming together and everything’s just flowing for me. I feel unstoppable right now.”

Not only has Swanson won three straight, he’s scored three consecutive finishes. It’s been an impressive run, which has surely helped his standing in the UFC 145-pound division.

“I’m right there. I know I am,” Swanson said when asked where he stands in the class. “The way the UFC is, if you win decisively, it’s kind of jumping you through the ranks. I’ve been the underdog in my last three fights, and those were all quality opponents and I was able to win decisively. I feel like I should be right there, but there’s a couple of people that are obviously ahead of me. I kind of got to wait my turn and I’m OK with that. I’ll take another fight before I get a title shot if I need to or whatever. I’m happy fighting right now.”

Besides Aldo, Swanson is looking for a fight against an entertaining opponent. In particular, he named Chan Sung Jung (“The Korean Zombie”), Erik Koch and Ricardo Lamas.

“I want all three of those pretty bad,” Swanson said. “The Koch fight, I think he’s a real tough kid. I was supposed to fight him twice and I feel terrible that I wasn’t able to follow through with that for the fans and for him. That’s something I want back. The Zombie is just somebody who everybody loves. Everyone thinks he’s the best up-and-comer, and I don’t think so. That’s somebody I would love to throw down with. Lamas, he’s a stud and I felt like that was my fight and I messed up and I would like to give it another shot.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:01:23).

Own the note cards Bruce Buffer used to announce Conor McGregor's 13-second finish of Jose Aldo

Looking for a unique piece of history from UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor’s shocking UFC 194 win over Jose Aldo? How about the note cards Bruce Buffer used to introduce the fight?Filed und read news >>

Dana White Explains Frank Fertitta's Reaction to Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor

Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White has lifted the lid on Frank Fertitta's attention-grabbing reaction to Conor McGregor's 13-second knockout victory over Jose Aldo at UFC 194 in Dece read news >>

Jose Aldo Criticises Conor McGregor's Control over UFC, Says Irishman Is Lucky

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has criticised the company for giving the title’s current incumbent, Conor McGregor, too much influence. Aldo was unbeaten for a decade before he was sensa read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Jose Aldo: 'I won’t accept another fight unless it’s for the belt'

Ex-UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo is again defending his approach in a loss to now-champ Conor McGregor and said he’s waiting for a title shot for his next bout.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Matt Mitrione Suffered Broken Orbital Floor at UFC Boston

Matt Mitrione suffered a broken orbital floor during his eye-poke laden bout with Travis Browne at UFC Fight Night 81 on Sunday night. read news >>

After UFC 194 Loss, Jose Aldo Thought He’d Be Fighting Frankie Edgar for the Belt

Following his UFC 194 loss to Conor McGregor, Jose Aldo was told that he'd be facing Frankie Edgar for the 145-pound title in his next outing. read news >>

Jose Aldo Willing to Sit and Wait for UFC Title Shot

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has fought just 13 seconds in the past year, and it appears that might have to do for the next year as well. read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants Title Shot or Conor McGregor… Nothing Else!

Just in case he hasn't been clear enough, former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo made his intentions clear to the UFC. read news >>

Jose Aldo's message to UFC: Keep your word, give me a title rematch

Jose Aldo already made it clear that he will accept no fight outside of a chance to challenge for a UFC title, but he drove home the point on Facebook.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jose Aldo Issues Conor McGregor-or-Title Ultimatum to UFC and Dana White

MMA legend Jose Aldo has confirmed he will not fight in the UFC again unless he’s handed a rematch against Conor McGregor or a title shot. The Brazilian, regarded as one of the sport’s greatest compe read news >>