Hiroko YamanakaJapanese women’s MMA star Hiroko “Cat’s Eye” Yamanaka’s trips to the United States to fight haven’t gone exactly as she would have liked.

Having gone winless in her two Strikeforce bouts, Yamanaka is hoping her return to U.S. soil this Saturday at Invicta FC 4 in Kansas City, Kan., will yield different results.

“I was thinking too much about what these opponents would do and how to fight them off based on that, so I will play my game based on what I would like to do this time,” Yamanaka told MMAWeekly.com.

Having helped establish the Jewels promotion in Japan, Yamanaka is looking forward to once again be a big part of an all-female company with Invicta.

“I have always thought about (fighting for) Invicta, since it’s an all-woman fight format. I am very honored to part of the show,” said Yamanaka. “I am also very happy to have an opportunity to be able to fight on U.S soil again.

“I honestly appreciate the incredible staff at Invicta and I hope to keep fighting for them and hopefully get a shot at a title.”

Before she can get that far, Yamanaka must first get past vaunted Brazilian fighter Ediene Gomes on Saturday night.

“Ediene looks very powerful and has a great timing to take opponents down,” said Yamanaka. “I am excited to get a fight on with her. I will, however, impose my will this time to come out victorious.”

Having last won a fight in June of 2011, Yamanaka’s goals for 2013 get back on track and show the world a different fighter this year.

Invicta FC 4 on PPV“My New Year’s resolution is to beat everyone that comes my way in a spectacular fashion,” said Yamanaka. “I also would like to establish my fighting style of aggressiveness.

“I will fight hard to win American fans’ hearts, so please watch me this Saturday. Arigatou gozaimasu.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your Invicta FC 4 news and updates.

Finally Healthy, Lynn Alvarez Returns Against Mizuki at Invicta FC 18

Lynn Alvarez will finally return to fighting on Friday, when she takes on late replacement Mizuki Inoue in a main card 115-pound bout at Invicta FC 18. read news >>

Invicta FC 18: Grasso vs. Esquibel Full Fight Card and Preview Podcast

Check out the latest edition of Invicta FC radio with the full fight card and preview for Invicta FC 18: Grasso vs. Esquibel. read news >>

TUF 23 Finale Results: Will Brooks Decisions Ross Pearson, Takes Aim at Eddie Alvarez

Ill Will Brooks didn't make the splash that he had hoped to in his UFC debut, but he exerted his dominance en route to a unanimous decision victory over Ross Pearson. read news >>

UFC 200 Results: The Real Winners and Losers from Brock Lesnar to Miesha Tate

It finally happened. The milestone of UFC 200 arrived. The big show. The big tamale. Think of everything that happened to get us here. Remember when Ronda Rousey was an assumed lock to headline this read news >>

UFC 201: Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley Full Card Preview and Predictions

UFC 200 is finally, at long last, a thing of the past. After a year of hype and a decade's worth of drama, fans can finally look past the gargantuan card and get back into the swing of a normal MMA s read news >>

For Dana White and Fertittas, UFC Sale Leaves Behind Complex Legacy

After months of intense negotiations, the deal has finally closed. As first reported by TMZ, the Ultimate Fighting Championship was sold for $4 billion to talent agency WME-IMG in the single biggest read news >>

UFC 200 in Historical Perspective

As UFC 200 is finally over, we take a look back in history and at the historic event to put it all into perspective. read news >>

Mizuki Inoue Steps in as Late Replacement at Invicta FC 18

Invicta Fighting Championships has announced that Mizuki Inoue as the replacement for undefeated Indian fighter Manjit Kolekar at Invicta FC 18: Grasso vs. Esquibel. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Notified of Potential Failed Drug Test: Latest Details and Comments

The UFC announced on Friday that Brock Lesnar, who secured a unanimous-decision victory over Mark Hunt at UFC 200 on Saturday, has been flagged by the United States Anti-Doping Agency for a potential read news >>

Jon Jones Reportedly Won't Be Fined by UFC for Failed Drug Test

Jon "Bones" Jones is in the midst of an indefinite suspension after failing a drug test prior to UFC 200, but the former light heavyweight champion will not be fined by the UFC. According to Marc Rai read news >>