Hiroko YamanakaJapanese women’s MMA star Hiroko “Cat’s Eye” Yamanaka’s trips to the United States to fight haven’t gone exactly as she would have liked.

Having gone winless in her two Strikeforce bouts, Yamanaka is hoping her return to U.S. soil this Saturday at Invicta FC 4 in Kansas City, Kan., will yield different results.

“I was thinking too much about what these opponents would do and how to fight them off based on that, so I will play my game based on what I would like to do this time,” Yamanaka told MMAWeekly.com.

Having helped establish the Jewels promotion in Japan, Yamanaka is looking forward to once again be a big part of an all-female company with Invicta.

“I have always thought about (fighting for) Invicta, since it’s an all-woman fight format. I am very honored to part of the show,” said Yamanaka. “I am also very happy to have an opportunity to be able to fight on U.S soil again.

“I honestly appreciate the incredible staff at Invicta and I hope to keep fighting for them and hopefully get a shot at a title.”

Before she can get that far, Yamanaka must first get past vaunted Brazilian fighter Ediene Gomes on Saturday night.

“Ediene looks very powerful and has a great timing to take opponents down,” said Yamanaka. “I am excited to get a fight on with her. I will, however, impose my will this time to come out victorious.”

Having last won a fight in June of 2011, Yamanaka’s goals for 2013 get back on track and show the world a different fighter this year.

Invicta FC 4 on PPV“My New Year’s resolution is to beat everyone that comes my way in a spectacular fashion,” said Yamanaka. “I also would like to establish my fighting style of aggressiveness.

“I will fight hard to win American fans’ hearts, so please watch me this Saturday. Arigatou gozaimasu.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your Invicta FC 4 news and updates.

UFC Fight Night 77 results: Viscardi Andrade returns from long layoff to top Gasan Umalatov

SAO PAULO – Viscardi Andrade and Gasan Umalatov didn’t make great music over three rounds, but Andrade’s investment in the outcome seemed greater, which paid off on the scorecards.Filed under: News, read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77 results: Jimmie Rivera takes split decision from Pedro Munhoz

SAO PAULO – Jimmie Rivera survived a couple close shaves in a back-and-forth battle with Pedro Munhoz, but the American fighter came out on top in the end. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

When Ronda Rousey was just a bartender, not UFC champion

LOS ANGELES — Ronda Rousey will make between $5 million and $10 million for fighting Holly Holm next weekend, figures as breathtaking as the punches, kicks and takedowns she plans to inflict upon her read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Freire vs. Straus 3

Daniel Straus finally got it right. On Friday night in St. Louis, Missouri at Bellator 145, Straus defeated long-time nemesis and reigning featherweight champion Patricio "Pitbull" Freire via unanimo read news >>

Herschel Walker Still Has Another Fight Left Inside

Herschel Walker would like to make one thing absolutely clear: He is not done fighting. Oh, he has nothing scheduled. Rumors abound that Walker, all 53 ageless years of him, could return in this new read news >>

VIDEO: CM Punk Clowns on Internet Trolls for Using Bad Grammar

If you're going to troll CM Punk on the internet, make sure you use solid grammar or he'll call you on it. read news >>

Finally Healthy, Abel Trujillo is Fight Ready

Abel Trujillo can’t pinpoint the exact details surrounding the day when he was given the green light to compete again after suffering a broken arm earlier this year, but suffice to say, he was more t read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 77

Ahead of Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 77 event in Brazil, we want your predictions for the main card.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Former Bellator Champ Michael Chandler Will Do Whatever it Takes to Get Belt Back

Former Bellator champ Michael Chandler has finally turned things around, and he doesn't plan on stopping before he gets the belt back. read news >>

Bellator 145's Justin Lawrence: It 'took a couple days' to get over Pat Curran injury

Justin Lawrence admits he was devastated when he lost out on the biggest fight of his career at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>