Jon Fitch has a style that is extremely difficult to stop, but Johny Hendricks plans to do just that when they meet Friday at UFC 141.

“Everything that you’ve seen Jon Fitch do, don’t expect that,” Hendricks (Pictured) told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “That’s my game plan and that’s my goal. He’s a very dominant fighter. … He’s very technical at what he does and he’s very good at what he does. My goal is to not let that happen. I think I have game planned and I have done the right things to nullify everything that he can show me out there.”

Fitch is a grinder who just about always finds a way to win. Typically he outwrestles opponents and controls them from the top, but Hendricks is a pretty stellar wrestler himself. He was a two-time NCAA champion at Oklahoma State and he’s gone back to those roots ahead of his bout against Fitch.

“I was a physical wrestler in college,” Hendricks said. “That’s one thing I’m sort of getting back to, getting into that mindset I [had] in college. Go in there and win at all costs. I started going back to Oklahoma State because I fought Mike Pierce, who is a tough, strong wrestler. The only difference between him and Fitch is, I believe, that Pierce had knockout power.”

Hendricks does not sound concerned about Fitch’s striking. In fact, he expects to be the more dangerous fighter on the feet.

“That is in the forecast, to definitely put my left hand on him,” Hendricks said. “And I would like to see if I have knockout power in my right hand. That’s my main goal in this fight too, is to hit him with my right and see what kind of power I have in that.”

Hendricks sees the fight as a huge opportunity. Fitch is the No. 2 welterweight in the world, and a win over him could earn Hendricks a title shot. Of course, talking about beating Fitch is one thing, but actually beating him in the UFC is something only Georges St. Pierre has done.

“All I’ve got to focus on is going in there, forcing my will and getting my hand raised on that Friday night,” Hendricks said. “Nothing else matters. It doesn’t matter if they say, ‘Johny, if you beat Jon Fitch, you get a title shot no matter what.’ It does not matter. I’ve got to focus on what’s going to happen during that fight and make sure that I get my hand raised.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 9:21).

Ricardo Lamas: UFC Fight Night Mexico City Warrior Code Video | MMAWeekly.com

Ricardo Lamas talk about his life as a fighter and his plans for the future in one of the deepest divisions in the UFC. read news >>

Tony Ferguson Has No Plans to Watch Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson is one of the top lightweights in the division, but says he couldn't care less about champion Eddie Alvarez's fight with Conor McGregor. read news >>

Stephen Thompson Plans to 'Muhammad Ali' Tyron Woodley at UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson is prepared for his first UFC title fight and plans to 'Muhammad Ali' champion Tyron Woodley at UFC 205 on Saturday. read news >>

'Jacare' Souza tells UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping to 'stop running'

Ronaldo Souza figures he might as well speak Michael Bisping’s language if he’s to get the champ’s attention.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 205's Karolina Kowalkiewicz plans to give champ Jedrzejczyk 'hardest fight of her life'

NEW YORK – No one has been able to figure out the puzzle that is UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk. However, UFC 205 challenger Karolina Kowalkiewicz insists she’s going to be the one to ge read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Plans Move to Lightweight Following Featherweight Fight in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Following his Bellator 164 bout in Israel, Georgi Karakhanyan plans to leave featherweight behind and make the move to lightweight for some pivotal bouts. read news >>

Eduard Folayang Plans to Prove the World Wrong in Shinya Aoki Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Eduard Folayang knows that he is considered a long shot to defeat Shinya Aoki at ONE: Defending Honor, but he plans to prove the doubters wrong. read news >>

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>