Jon Fitch has a style that is extremely difficult to stop, but Johny Hendricks plans to do just that when they meet Friday at UFC 141.

“Everything that you’ve seen Jon Fitch do, don’t expect that,” Hendricks (Pictured) told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “That’s my game plan and that’s my goal. He’s a very dominant fighter. … He’s very technical at what he does and he’s very good at what he does. My goal is to not let that happen. I think I have game planned and I have done the right things to nullify everything that he can show me out there.”

Fitch is a grinder who just about always finds a way to win. Typically he outwrestles opponents and controls them from the top, but Hendricks is a pretty stellar wrestler himself. He was a two-time NCAA champion at Oklahoma State and he’s gone back to those roots ahead of his bout against Fitch.

“I was a physical wrestler in college,” Hendricks said. “That’s one thing I’m sort of getting back to, getting into that mindset I [had] in college. Go in there and win at all costs. I started going back to Oklahoma State because I fought Mike Pierce, who is a tough, strong wrestler. The only difference between him and Fitch is, I believe, that Pierce had knockout power.”

Hendricks does not sound concerned about Fitch’s striking. In fact, he expects to be the more dangerous fighter on the feet.

“That is in the forecast, to definitely put my left hand on him,” Hendricks said. “And I would like to see if I have knockout power in my right hand. That’s my main goal in this fight too, is to hit him with my right and see what kind of power I have in that.”

Hendricks sees the fight as a huge opportunity. Fitch is the No. 2 welterweight in the world, and a win over him could earn Hendricks a title shot. Of course, talking about beating Fitch is one thing, but actually beating him in the UFC is something only Georges St. Pierre has done.

“All I’ve got to focus on is going in there, forcing my will and getting my hand raised on that Friday night,” Hendricks said. “Nothing else matters. It doesn’t matter if they say, ‘Johny, if you beat Jon Fitch, you get a title shot no matter what.’ It does not matter. I’ve got to focus on what’s going to happen during that fight and make sure that I get my hand raised.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 9:21).

UFC 200 Video: Jon Jones Plans to Fight ‘A Hell of A Lot More Often’

A more mature Jon Jones has emerged from a troubled past and wants to be more of a company man. He also plans to fight "a hell of a lot more often." read news >>

Injury to Linton Vassell Causes Bellator 158 Main Card Shift

An injury to Linton Vassell has derailed his summer plans of competing in front of his fellow Englishmen against Francis Carmont at Bellator 158: London. read news >>

UFC's Derrick Lewis Took a Nap During Post-Fight Press Conference

Being a fighter is incredibly difficult. They train for months in anticipation of getting punched in the face for a tiny paycheck, and then afterward? They have to sit in front of the media and answe read news >>

UFC 200 Weigh-in Results: Miesha Tate Averts Missing Cut-Off; Johny Hendricks Misses Weight

Though she pushed the time limit to the wire, bantamweight champ Miesha Tate made weight for UFC 200. Johny Hendricks did not. read news >>

UFC 200: The Ultimate in Failing Upward

UFC 200 is the greatest card in the history of mixed martial arts. Full stop. Nothing else even comes close. UFC 100, a triple bill centered around the sport’s two biggest stars in title fights and t read news >>

Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

Johny Hendricks and Kelvin Gastelum were both staring down the worst possible question that can be raised about an athlete: "How good could they have been?" Hendricks became an overnight sensation wh read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Kelvin Gastelum Takes the Win Over Fading Johny Hendricks

Watch highlights as Kelvin Gastelum takes the win over a fading Johny Hendricks at UFC 200 in Las Vegas. read news >>

Joe Taimanglo Plans to Secure His Place as 135-Pound Contender at Bellator 159

Joe Taimanglo looks for his fourth straight win when he takes on undefeated prospect Darrion Caldwell in a 135-pound main event at Bellator 159 on July 22. read news >>

Mark Hunt Puts UFC on Blast, Plans on Forming a Fighter Association

After Brock Lesnar was flagged for a second potential anti-doping violation, his UFC 200 opponent, Mark Hunt, is planning the formation of a fighter union. read news >>

Dan Henderson Plans to Retire After Michael Bisping Fight

Win or lose, when Dan Henderson fights Michael Bisping for the UFC middleweight championship, it will likely be the last time that we see him in the Octagon. read news >>