Jon Fitch has a style that is extremely difficult to stop, but Johny Hendricks plans to do just that when they meet Friday at UFC 141.

“Everything that you’ve seen Jon Fitch do, don’t expect that,” Hendricks (Pictured) told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “That’s my game plan and that’s my goal. He’s a very dominant fighter. … He’s very technical at what he does and he’s very good at what he does. My goal is to not let that happen. I think I have game planned and I have done the right things to nullify everything that he can show me out there.”

Fitch is a grinder who just about always finds a way to win. Typically he outwrestles opponents and controls them from the top, but Hendricks is a pretty stellar wrestler himself. He was a two-time NCAA champion at Oklahoma State and he’s gone back to those roots ahead of his bout against Fitch.

“I was a physical wrestler in college,” Hendricks said. “That’s one thing I’m sort of getting back to, getting into that mindset I [had] in college. Go in there and win at all costs. I started going back to Oklahoma State because I fought Mike Pierce, who is a tough, strong wrestler. The only difference between him and Fitch is, I believe, that Pierce had knockout power.”

Hendricks does not sound concerned about Fitch’s striking. In fact, he expects to be the more dangerous fighter on the feet.

“That is in the forecast, to definitely put my left hand on him,” Hendricks said. “And I would like to see if I have knockout power in my right hand. That’s my main goal in this fight too, is to hit him with my right and see what kind of power I have in that.”

Hendricks sees the fight as a huge opportunity. Fitch is the No. 2 welterweight in the world, and a win over him could earn Hendricks a title shot. Of course, talking about beating Fitch is one thing, but actually beating him in the UFC is something only Georges St. Pierre has done.

“All I’ve got to focus on is going in there, forcing my will and getting my hand raised on that Friday night,” Hendricks said. “Nothing else matters. It doesn’t matter if they say, ‘Johny, if you beat Jon Fitch, you get a title shot no matter what.’ It does not matter. I’ve got to focus on what’s going to happen during that fight and make sure that I get my hand raised.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 9:21).

WSOF Global Championship President of Ops Has Big Plans for Promotion’s Future

WSOF-GC Vice President of Operations Jason Lilly gave his thoughts on the company’s upcoming event, how the promotion has done so far, and what’s ahead. read news >>

UFC 201 Video: Tyron Woodley Plans to Show He’s the Best Welterweight in the World

Tyron Woodley finally gets his shot at the UFC 170-pound title on Saturday when he faces champion Robbie Lawler in the UFC 201 main event. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Plans to Wait for Ronda Rousey’s UFC Return

Fresh off the biggest win over her career over Miesha Tate at UFC 200 to capture the women's bantamweight title, Amanda Nunes is hoping for an even bigger fight in her first title defense. read news >>

Kayla Harrison Takes Judo Gold in Rio; Is Following Ronda Rousey to MMA Her Next Stop?

American Judoka Kayla Harrison won her second Olympic Gold Medal on Thursday. Is a move following friend Ronda Rousey to MMA next? read news >>

UFC 202's Conor McGregor Has a Brand-New Camp. Will It Be Enough to Stop Diaz?

In one of the most highly anticipated rematches in UFC history, reigning featherweight champion Conor McGregor gets a shot at redemption when he faces Nate Diaz at UFC 202 on Saturday. The first time read news >>

Shai Lindsey Plans to Bounce from Disappointing Debut with a Big Win at RFA 42

Despite a disappointing loss in his promotional debut, Shai Lindsey plans to rebound with a big win at RFA 42 on Friday. read news >>

Anthony Johnson Video: Stop Talking About Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones, I Have to Fight Glover

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson has a big fight in front of him in the form of Glover Teixeira at UFC 202 on Aug. 20. If it's all the same with you, he'd really like it if everyone would quit asking him abo read news >>

The Question: Does Conor McGregor Stand a Chance in the Rematch with Nate Diaz?

Five months ago, the UFC's best-laid plans came crashing down. Conor McGregor, the sport's brightest star and featherweight kingpin, stepped into the cage at UFC 196 on March 5 for what was supposed read news >>

Ray Elizalde Plans to ‘Catch’ Alex Perez with Something at RFA 42

Ray Elizalde (10-0) returns to the RFA on August 19 in Visalia, California, to take on fellow vet Alex Perez (13-4) in a main card 125-pound bout. read news >>

Cody Garbrandt vs. Takeya Mizugaki Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 202

It didn’t take long, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to deny Cody Garbrandt of a UFC title shot at 135 pounds. Garbrandt (10-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) took the center of the cage right away during UF read news >>