Hector Lombard Won’t Get Mark Munoz, but UFC Middleweight Picture is Gaining Focus


Hector Lombard vs. Tim Boetsch at UFC 149 press conferenceFormer Bellator champion Hector Lombard hasn’t set foot in the Octagon yet, but he’s already been mapping out his next fight, although he has a fairly tough one in front of him at UFC 149 on Saturday night.

Lombard squares off with Tim Boetsch, who has been making huge waves in the UFC middleweight division of late.

Lombard, however, has already declared that he wants to step into the cage with Mark Munoz next, even if he were offered a shot at Anderson Silva and the UFC middleweight title.

No go says UFC president Dana White.

“He must not have Fuel TV because Mark Munoz lost the other night,” White commented at Thursday’s UFC 149 pre-fight press conference when asked about Lombard’s preference to face Munoz.

Should he come out on top against Boetsch, which is by no means a given, Munoz is nowhere near penciled in for Lombard.

“He’ll be fighting one of the guys that are at the top of that division,” said White. “Not that Munoz isn’t, but Munoz has a loss right now.”

The UFC president mentioned that he has been conferring at length with UFC matchmaker Joe Silva lately about the state of the UFC middleweight division and, assuming everyone comes out of the next couple of shows healthy, there is already a road map sketched out.

“You know how I never have any answers for you (immediately after the fights)?” White said at the press conference. “I’ve been talking to Joe Silva. On Saturday night, after the fights, I’ll have some answers for you.”

The brash UFC boss wouldn’t hint at anything beyond that, but made it sound as if Saturday night’s fight has a lot to do with how things will shake out in the middleweight division’s title picture.

Follow @KenPishna on Twitter or e-mail Ken Pishna.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 19 days ago
  • 19 views

UFC President Dana White joined members of the media on Friday evening, where he mentioned that Tyron Woodley is not interested in a match-up against Hector Lombard. It seems like nothing is going Da read news >>

  • 25 days ago
  • 14 views

UFC welterweight Hector Lombard feared the worst after a neck injury suffered in training. Now, he tells MMAjunkie, he’s working toward a comeback and trying to rebrand himself with a new nickname an read news >>

  • 22 days ago
  • 5 views

Hector Lombard was on the rise in the UFC's welterweight division before an injury forced him to the sidelines earlier this year. The fighter, now known as “Showeather,” is prepping for a return to t read news >>

  • 21 days ago
  • 12 views

UFC President Dana White said a potential welterweight fight between Tyron Woodley and Hector Lombard is a go – if Woodley agrees. Filed under: Featured, MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

  • 21 days ago
  • 2 views

UFC welterweight contender Tyron Woodley recently called out Matt "The Immortal" Brown, but it appears the UFC has different plans for T-Wood. Speaking with UFC.com, UFC President Dana White revealed read news >>

  • 20 days ago
  • 1 views

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with guests Hector Lombard and Kenny Monday.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

  • 20 days ago
  • 14 views

Hector Lombard has already agreed to a fight against fellow Top 10 welterweight Tyron Woodley, according to UFC President Dana White. read news >>

  • 19 days ago
  • 22 views

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - UFC president Dana White was looking to book Hector Lombard vs. Tyron Woodley as the headliner for a December show in Australia. According to the UFC president, Lombard, the form read news >>

  • 19 days ago
  • 4 views

The UFC will return to Australia on Nov. 8, and UFC welterweight contender Hector Lombard is likely to headline the card.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>