Hector Lombard Pride Bushido 13
Former Bellator champion turned UFC middleweight Hector Lombard has now revealed he wasn’t nearly 100-percent as he headed into his Octagon debut against Tim Boetsch at UFC 149.

Following a lackluster performance that saw him come out on the losing end of a decision to Boetsch in July, Lombard now says that he actually went into the fight quite injured.

The injury will now force him to sit out an additional six-weeks before returning to training.

“I want to let all my fans know. I fought my last fight injured. I wasnt 100% sure but I went to the doctors, I have a fracture sternum with a torn cartilage,” Lombard wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday.

“I got this injury in training for my fight with Tim Boetsch. I have to be out of training for 6 weeks, I should never have fought like that, but I didn’t want to let my fans and the UFC down.”

Lombard came into his UFC debut on a 25-fight unbeaten streak, but it all came to an end with his loss to Boetsch in Canada at UFC 149.

The American Top Team Fighter will now look to recover from the injury as he tries to get back on the right path in the middleweight division in the UFC.

It’s unknown at this time when Lombard would be available to fight again before the close of 2012.

Daniel Weichel replaces injured Georgi Karakhanyan, meets champion ‘Pitbull’ Freire at Bellator 138

Patricio Freire has a new opponent for Bellator 138. Georgi Karakhanyan, slated to meet the featherweight champion on June 19, has suffered a torn ACL and is out of the Bellator 138 co-main event. So read news >>

Pacquiao fought with injured shoulder, NAC denied pre-fight treatment in locker room

One possible explanation for Manny Pacquiao's lower than normal punch output may be that he was apparently fighting on a shoulder injury, for which he was denied treatment at the last minute by the N read news >>

Melvin Guillard Signs Bellator Deal Four Days After Being Released by WSOF

Melvin Guillard, a popular if mercurial lightweight who fought 22 times for the UFC, has signed a long-term deal with the Bellator MMA promotion. Bellator officials announced the deal Monday in a new read news >>

UFC 186: Rampage Jackson rips Bellator in post-fight comments

The much litigated cage fighting star had some unfavorable comparisons to make between his current and former employers following his decision win over Fabio Maldonado last night. Following weeks of read news >>

Rampage Jackson Says ‘Bellator Can’t F**k With the UFC’

By all appearances, Rampage Jackson is back in a place he feels more comfortable and there’s no comparing his current home to the one he left behind in Bellator. read news >>

'Rampage' Jackson after UFC 186 win: 'Bellator can't f-ck with the UFC'

MONTREAL – For ex-UFC champion Quinton Jackson, beating Fabio Maldonado, a man whose name he jokingly mispronounced at every chance, was an added bonus. Just making it to Montreal for UFC 186 was a v read news >>

Zubaira Tukhugov injured, out of UFC Fight Night 68 bout with Thiago Tavares

Thiago Tavares needs a new opponent for UFC Fight Night 68. The Brazilian featherweight announced Saturday that Zubaira Tukhugov has sustained an injury and won’t be able to step inside the Octagon a read news >>

UFC 186 Rampage Jackson vs Fabio Maldonado full fight video preview

After some legal drama involving Bellator MMA, former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson will return to fight Fabio Maldonado in tonight's (Sat., April 25 read news >>

Michael Page returns to face Rudy Bears at Bellator 140

MVP is back. Michael Page, who had to pull out of his fight in February, will return against Rudy Bears at Bellator 140 on July 17 at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, Bellator announced Friday. "Venom" is read news >>