Hector Lombard Pride Bushido 13
Former Bellator champion turned UFC middleweight Hector Lombard has now revealed he wasn’t nearly 100-percent as he headed into his Octagon debut against Tim Boetsch at UFC 149.

Following a lackluster performance that saw him come out on the losing end of a decision to Boetsch in July, Lombard now says that he actually went into the fight quite injured.

The injury will now force him to sit out an additional six-weeks before returning to training.

“I want to let all my fans know. I fought my last fight injured. I wasnt 100% sure but I went to the doctors, I have a fracture sternum with a torn cartilage,” Lombard wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday.

“I got this injury in training for my fight with Tim Boetsch. I have to be out of training for 6 weeks, I should never have fought like that, but I didn’t want to let my fans and the UFC down.”

Lombard came into his UFC debut on a 25-fight unbeaten streak, but it all came to an end with his loss to Boetsch in Canada at UFC 149.

The American Top Team Fighter will now look to recover from the injury as he tries to get back on the right path in the middleweight division in the UFC.

It’s unknown at this time when Lombard would be available to fight again before the close of 2012.

Super Prospect Darrion Caldwell, Melvin Guillard Top Bellator 159 Card

Darrion Caldwell, a national college wrestling champion and one of the brightest up-and-coming bantamweights in MMA, will vie for a title shot this summer when he faces Joe Taimanglo in the main even read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 3 Team Liddell vs Team Griffin cast revealed

Team Liddell and Team Griffin are composed of 16 lightweight Latin American fighters that will challenge each other to find out who will be the Season 3 winner of The Ultimate Fighter® Latin America read news >>

Darrion Caldwell vs. Joe Taimanglo Headline Bellator 159

Bellator returns to Kansas with a pivotal matchup between undefeated phenom Darrion Caldwell and Joe Taimanglo to determine the No. 1 bantamweight contender. read news >>

UFC 199 Betting Preview: Michael Bisping vs. Luke Rockhold Odds, Analysis

British contender Michael Bisping (28-7) has never fought for the UFC Middleweight Championship before, previously losing a pair of title-eliminator bouts to Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen. Bisping w read news >>

Report: Former Bellator Fighter Shahbulat Shamhalaev Shot Multiple Times in Restaurant Altercation

Former Bellator MMA fighter Shahbulat Shamhalaev was hospitalized on Wednesday in Makhachkala, Russia after being shot "several times" while dining at a local restaurant. read news >>

VIDEO: Michael Bisping Calls Out Luke Rockhold, Says He Turned Down Jacare

Michael Bisping, who eventually got the call, said his "source very close to the UFC" told him that Luke Rockhold turned down a fight with Jacare Souza. read news >>

UFC 199 Results: Dan Henderson Knocks Out Hector Lombard in Round 2

Dan Henderson picked up an emphatic win at UFC 199, knocking out Hector Lombard in their main-card fight on Saturday night's pay-per-view in Inglewood, California. read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

Dan Henderson (32-14) is known for his “H-Bomb” of a right hand, but at UFC 199 he brought out the “H-Bow” against Hector Lombard (34-6-1, 2 NC). The two veteran middleweights went toe-to-toe in one read news >>

UFC 199 Video Highlights: Dan Henderson Returns from the Brink to KO Hector Lombard

Middleweight legend Dan Henderson took on the explosive Hector Lombard on Saturday on the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 main card. Check out the video highlights. read news >>

Kevin “Kimbo Slice’ Ferguson Dead at 42

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson has passed away in a Florida hospital. Bellator MMA president Scott Coker confirmed the news on Monday evening. He was 42. read news >>