UFC fans can expect to see a thinner Hector Lombard the next time the southpaw sets foot inside the Octagon.

Lombard officially announced his cut to welterweight on Wednesday via Twitter, posting pictures of his new meal plan. It is unknown when Lombard will return to action, but “UFC Tonight” reported Tuesday evening that the knockout artist is interested in a fight with ex-Strikeforce champion Nate Marquardt.

Lombard, 35, has gone 1-2 since joining the UFC last year, sandwiching a knockout of Rousimar Palhares between split-decision defeats to Tim Boetsch and Yushin Okami. Lombard’s March 3 loss to Okami in Saitama, Japan, marked just the fourth loss of the Cuban native’s 38-fight career.

Known for his knockout power and explosiveness, Lombard rattled off 24 wins in 25 fights prior to joining the UFC, with only a 2007 draw with Kyle Noke marring his record in that span. Lombard captured the Bellator middleweight title in 2009 but defended the belt just once in the subsequent two-plus years, outpointing Alexander Shlemenko to retain his title in 2010. However, Lombard remained active and undefeated in the Bellator cage, picking up four additional wins in either catch-weight or non-title affairs.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

UFC Fighters Weigh-in on U.S. Presidential Election | MMAWeekly.com

  • 28 days ago
  • 9 views

UFC fighters and personalities weighed in on the U.S. presidential election. As you might expect, their reactions were all over the map. read news >>

Conor McGregor Mobbed by UFC Fans in New York | MMAWeekly.com

  • 27 days ago
  • 53 views

Everywhere he goes in the Big Apple, Conor McGregor is swarmed by fans. That was no more apparent than when he was trying to get to UFC 205 Ultimate Media Day. read news >>

Liz Carmouche: Nothing compares to debut vs. Ronda Rousey, but UFC 205 still huge

  • 27 days ago
  • 13 views

NEW YORK – For many fans, UFC women’s bantamweight Liz Carmouche will go down in history as the first octagon opponent of Ronda Rousey. But for her, there’s another piece of history she wants to capt read news >>

We asked UFC 205 fans to predict McGregor vs. Alvarez – and then immediately regretted it

  • 26 days ago
  • 18 views

NEW YORK – Fight fans have packed New York for Saturday’s big UFC 205 event, and they’ve made their presence known. Loudly.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Disappointed, Slams Irish Fans (video) | MMAWeekly.com

  • 25 days ago
  • 19 views

Half Irish himself, UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez got fired up and slammed the Irish fans at the UFC 205 Pre-Fight Conference. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Wants Conor McGregor Fans to Pipe Down at UFC 205 Weigh-Ins

  • 25 days ago
  • 3 views

To the very end of the UFC 205 promotional period, Conor McGregor and Eddie Alvarez took every possible opportunity to get under the other's skin. The weigh-ins closed with a staredown between the UF read news >>

UFC 205 draws 20,427 fans in New York City debut, smashes gate record with $17.7 million

  • 24 days ago
  • 10 views

NEW YORK – Saturday’s UFC 205 event drew an announced attendance of 20,427 and a live gate of $17.7, which shattered the UFC’s previous live gate record and set a new venue record for Madison Square read news >>

Cam’ron Says the UFC Used His Song “Welcome to New York City” Without Permission | FIGHTLAND

  • 22 days ago
  • 3 views

As most die-hard fans know, the UFC is quick to take pirated footage off of the Internet. All major sports organizations do it, and no matter how annoying it is for that gif you posted on your favori read news >>

Cam’ron Says the UFC Used His Song “Welcome to New York City” Without Permission | FIGHTLAND

  • 22 days ago
  • 0 views

As most die-hard fans know, the UFC is quick to take pirated footage off of the Internet. All major sports organizations do it, and no matter how annoying it is for that gif you posted on your favori read news >>

Dana White: Don't Expect Conor McGregor to Fight Anytime Soon | MMAWeekly.com

  • 18 days ago
  • 114 views

UFC president Dana White has an idea of when Conor McGregor might return to the Octagon, but it won't be anytime soon. read news >>