Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard
The UFC has bolstered their middleweight division with a former Bellator champion who will look to make his impact felt during his first fight this summer.

On Friday, UFC officials confirmed the signing of now former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard who will be joining the ranks of the Octagon’s best at 185lbs.

With an impressive 32-2-1 record, Lombard has put together an incredible 25-fight win streak over the last few years and holds wins over several past UFC competitors including Trevor Prangley, Joe Doerksen, and Niko Vitale.

Now the Cuban born Judoka will come to the UFC to see if his brand of damage will translate to the Octagon.

“I’ve wanted to fight in the UFC all my career,” Lombard said. “I want to be UFC middleweight champion and I want to fight Anderson Silva to do it. I have such respect for him as a fighter, it would be an honor and a dream come true to test my skills against his. I wouldn’t be in the UFC if I didn’t think I could win the UFC world title.”

“I’m here in the UFC to prove I am the best in the world. I’m very proud of my heritage and I want to represent all Cubans around the world when I fight in the UFC, just like I did when I went to the Olympics in 2000.”

Lombard had actually signed with the UFC previously in 2007, but visa issues kept him from actually debuting in the Octagon at the time.

Now officially signed to the UFC, Lombard looks to make his impact felt immediately as he tackles the middleweight division in 2012.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk: ‘I Want To Be the First Champion of the 125-Pound Division’

UFC women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk expects to change weight classes following her rematch with Claudia Gadelha on July 8. read news >>

UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Miesha Tate: ‘Just Soaking It All In’

Women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate's road to the top of the UFC women's 135-pound division was a long and bumpy one. read news >>

Lightweight Champ Rafael dos Anjos Willing to Welcome George St-Pierre to the 155-Pound Division

UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos is willing to welcome Georges St-Pierre to the 155-pound division if the former 170-pound titleholder can make the weight. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez on UFC Fight Night 90 Title Bout: ‘I’m the Best Lightweight in This Division’ (Video)

Lightweight contender Eddie Alvarez has won titles in several reputable fight promotions around the world, including Bellator, and will get the opportunity to add a UFC belt to his trophy case when h read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

Daniel Cormier Will Fight Anderson Silva at UFC 200; Tate vs. Nunes to Headline

Daniel Cormier will remain on the UFC 200 fight card to fight Anderson Silva. The card has been shuffled, moving Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes to headlining status. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 90 Post-Fight Presser, Including Anderson Silva!

Watch as surprise guest Anderson Silva, and then several of the key UFC Fight Night 90 fighters, field questions from the media. read news >>

VIDEO: UFC Fight Night 90 Post-Fight Press Conference with Special Guest Anderson Silva

Watch as Anderson Silva crashes the party, and then several of the key UFC Fight Night 90 fighters, field questions from the media at the post-fight press conference. read news >>

VIDEO: Anderson Silva and Dana White Explain Making the Fight with Daniel Cormier

UFC president Dana White and Anderson Silva talk about how it came about that Silva is stepping in to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200. read news >>

Anderson Silva steps up to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

After a earth-shattering last 24 hours, Daniel Cormier found an opponent for UFC 200: UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva. Here's how it all came together and what Silva said about his fight. read news >>