Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard
The UFC has bolstered their middleweight division with a former Bellator champion who will look to make his impact felt during his first fight this summer.

On Friday, UFC officials confirmed the signing of now former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard who will be joining the ranks of the Octagon’s best at 185lbs.

With an impressive 32-2-1 record, Lombard has put together an incredible 25-fight win streak over the last few years and holds wins over several past UFC competitors including Trevor Prangley, Joe Doerksen, and Niko Vitale.

Now the Cuban born Judoka will come to the UFC to see if his brand of damage will translate to the Octagon.

“I’ve wanted to fight in the UFC all my career,” Lombard said. “I want to be UFC middleweight champion and I want to fight Anderson Silva to do it. I have such respect for him as a fighter, it would be an honor and a dream come true to test my skills against his. I wouldn’t be in the UFC if I didn’t think I could win the UFC world title.”

“I’m here in the UFC to prove I am the best in the world. I’m very proud of my heritage and I want to represent all Cubans around the world when I fight in the UFC, just like I did when I went to the Olympics in 2000.”

Lombard had actually signed with the UFC previously in 2007, but visa issues kept him from actually debuting in the Octagon at the time.

Now officially signed to the UFC, Lombard looks to make his impact felt immediately as he tackles the middleweight division in 2012.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Alaska's Mitchell hoping to jolt Ultimate Fighter rivals

In a flyweight division that doesn’t have the amount of finishes other divisions do, Anchorage, Alaska's Terrence Mitchell is one of those people that can immediately provide a jolt as he enters seas read news >>

VIDEO: Watch Anderson Silva Throw Hands With His Son

The next Anderson Silva may very well be his next of kin. read news >>

Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans Set for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Kennedy will return to the Octagon to welcome Rashad Evans to the middleweight division at UFC 205. read news >>

Joanne Calderwood vs. Jessica Andrade Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

The strawweight division was put on notice after Jessica Andrade (15-5) dispatched Jessica Penne at UFC 199, and now the upper echelon is on red alert. Andrade walked through Joanne Calderwood (11-3) read news >>

UFC Fight Night 94 Results: Winners, Scorecards for Poirier vs. Johnson Card

The UFC lightweight division has a new title contender in Michael Johnson. It didn't take long for Johnson to show the world he means business in this division, knocking out Poirier after 95 seconds. read news >>

Goodbye Gridlock: UFC's Top 10 Middleweights All Fight in Next 2 Months

It’s hard to believe, but the UFC middleweight division has never really recovered from Anderson Silva losing his title back in 2013. Once a pillar of consistency during Silva’s near seven-year reign read news >>

Joe Rogan Asks UFC to Open Women's 145-Pound Division for Cris Cyborg | MMAWeekly.com

Joe Rogan isn't a fan of Cris Cyborg's difficult weight-cutting and wants the UFC to do something about it. read news >>

Joe Rogan speaks out, asks UFC to open up women’s featherweight division for 'Cyborg'

Longtime UFC commentator Joe Rogan hates hard weight cuts, so watching Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino get to 140 pounds – officially 141 – had to be hard for him.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cris Cyborg: The UFC’s Conundrum | MMAWeekly.com

Cris Cyborg is arguably the most dominant champion in MMA today, but the UFC doesn't have her division and no one is lining up to face her. read news >>

John Dodson vs. John Lineker: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

Two former 125-pound contenders who never met in the flyweight division will now meet in the main event of UFC Fight Night 96 in the hopes of becoming title contenders at bantamweight. John Lineker m read news >>