Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard
The UFC has bolstered their middleweight division with a former Bellator champion who will look to make his impact felt during his first fight this summer.

On Friday, UFC officials confirmed the signing of now former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard who will be joining the ranks of the Octagon’s best at 185lbs.

With an impressive 32-2-1 record, Lombard has put together an incredible 25-fight win streak over the last few years and holds wins over several past UFC competitors including Trevor Prangley, Joe Doerksen, and Niko Vitale.

Now the Cuban born Judoka will come to the UFC to see if his brand of damage will translate to the Octagon.

“I’ve wanted to fight in the UFC all my career,” Lombard said. “I want to be UFC middleweight champion and I want to fight Anderson Silva to do it. I have such respect for him as a fighter, it would be an honor and a dream come true to test my skills against his. I wouldn’t be in the UFC if I didn’t think I could win the UFC world title.”

“I’m here in the UFC to prove I am the best in the world. I’m very proud of my heritage and I want to represent all Cubans around the world when I fight in the UFC, just like I did when I went to the Olympics in 2000.”

Lombard had actually signed with the UFC previously in 2007, but visa issues kept him from actually debuting in the Octagon at the time.

Now officially signed to the UFC, Lombard looks to make his impact felt immediately as he tackles the middleweight division in 2012.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

How Conor McGregor Stacks Up with the UFC's Lightweight Division

Conor McGregor is slated to fight Rafael dos Anjos for the UFC lightweight title at UFC 197 on March 5. Assuming the UFC meets McGregor’s enormous financial demands, the fight will go ahead. It will read news >>

Chris Weidman Talks Luke Rockhold, Compares UFC Rematch to Anderson Silva Fights

Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman has called for an immediate rematch against Luke Rockhold, whom he said he plans to "demolish" in a bout that means more to him than his wins over Ander read news >>

The State of the UFC Flyweight Division

The flyweight division has the distinction of being the UFC's only weight class to have had just one champion. While this absence of parity can partly be attributed to the division's recent inception read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: Nick Diaz’s Reduced Suspension

In this weeks episode of Beyond the Fight Chael Sonnen discusses the reduction of Nick Diaz's suspension and Anderson Silva's failed test. read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Daria Ibragimova: Winner, Recap, Reaction from Invicta FC 15

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's scorched-earth campaign through Invicta FC's featherweight division continued at Invicta 15 with the champion defeating Daria Ibragimova in the main event via first-round read news >>

Michael Bisping's plan: 'Destroy Anderson Silva,' get long-awaited title shot

Michael Bisping has no doubt he’s going to have his way with Anderson Silva at UFC Fight Night 83. When he does, he said he plans to “demand” a UFC title shot.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Hector Lombard vs. Neil Magny added as UFC Fight Night 84 co-main event

UFC Fight Night 84 is beginning to come together with the announcement of four bouts for the event, which is already scheduled to be headlined by a heavyweight bout between Mark Hunt and Frank Mir.Fi read news >>

Hector Lombard vs. Neil Magny Takes UFC Brisbane Co-Main Event Slot

The UFC on Monday announced that a pivotal welterweight bout between Hector Lombard and Neil Magny would fill the co-main event slot at UFC Fight Night 84. read news >>

The State of the UFC Men's Bantamweight Division

These bantamweight dynasties—they don’t last forever. Just ask T.J. Dillashaw. On Sunday, it was Dominick Cruz bringing Dillashaw’s reign to a crashing halt after 20 months on top of the men’s 135-po read news >>

Back at 155, Sanchez Faces Miller at UFC 197

After a one-fight experiment in the featherweight division, Diego Sanchez will move back to 155 pounds on Saturday, March 5 when he faces Jim Miller in a UFC FIGHT PASS featured bout on the UFC 197 c read news >>