Hector Lombard is a man who knows what -- and who -- he wants.

The former Bellator middleweight ruler called out Michael Bisping in an interview with Fox Sports following Lombard’s first-round stoppage of Rousimar Palhares at UFC on FX 6 in Gold Coast, Australia.

“Bisping, please. I want a piece of him. I don’t want to talk. Let’s talk in the cage. He bothers me,” said Lombard (Pictured, file photo). “If I can’t fight Bisping, Mark Munoz, you’re next in line. I hope the UFC gives me the opportunity. I want to fight in the next couple of months, right away. I’m healthy. I don’t have any injuries, and I’m ready.”

A Cuban-born Australian fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla., Lombard made his long-awaited UFC debut in July, only to suffer a lackluster split decision loss to Tim Boetsch at UFC 149. Lombard says he still takes issue with that verdict, which served as the 34-year-old’s first defeat since November 2006.

“It bothers me a lot,” said Lombard of the setback. “It wasn’t my best performance, but every single person [I’ve talked to] who watched the fight has been saying that I won.”

Against Palhares, “Lightning” left nothing to chance, carefully gauging his distance while he searched for an opportunity to unload his powerful punches upon the torso of “Toquinho.” Lombard stalked Palhares across the cage for the first half of the opening round before dropping him with a combination, at which time he pounced in search of a finish but instead ended up in Palhares’ dangerous guard.

“I was fine,” said Lombard of his decision to follow Palhares to the floor. “I told everybody that my ground game is fine, but I don’t like to take the fight to the ground. I like to stand up and knock people out.”

That is exactly what the hard-hitting southpaw did, not long after returning to his feet, as Lombard caught his retreating opponent with a stiff right hook and followed with a short left uppercut that put Palhares down. A trio of coffin-nail punches would follow from the former Olympic judoka, relieving the Brazilian of his consciousness 3:38 into the opening round. Predictably, the Australian crowd went wild, cheering their countryman to his first Octagon win.

“Every single time I fight in Australia, I please the crowd, so I’m pleased,” said Lombard. “I started my fighting career here, and my first fight was actually on the Gold Coast. You could tell how happy I was before the fight and after this win. Everything went perfect this time.”

Conor McGregor Rips UFC Fights in NSFW Instagram, Calls for Nate Diaz Rematch

Conor McGregor has had enough of the back-and-forth. He wants Nate Diaz, and he's not holding back until he gets his way. In a NSFW Instagram post Sunday, McGregor called on UFC President Dana White read news >>

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

Paige VanZant Confirms Ronda Rousey Cussed Her Out, Calls Confrontation ‘Unnecessary’

Popular strawweight Paige VanZant confirmed that she was recently cussed out by former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey for congratulating Holly Holm. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 87 Results: Alistair Overeem Finishes Andrei Arlovski, Calls for Title Shot

Third-ranked heavyweight Alistair Overeem likely earned himself a shot at the belt on Sunday when he finished Andrei Arlvoski in the UFC Fight Night 87 main event. read news >>

Dana White Calls Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor Fight 'Impossible'

UFC President Dana White thinks a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight is impractical. White said on ESPN Radio's Russillo & Kanell that the reason he doesn't see the 49-0 Mayweather taking on t read news >>

UFC 198 Results: Jacare Souza Dominates Vitor Belfort, Calls for Title Shot

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza dominated Vitor Belfort in the UFC 198 co-main event on Saturday and called for a title shot following the one-sided TKO win. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Trolls Ronda Rousey on Facebook, Calls for UFC 205 Superfight in MSG

Cris Cyborg made her UFC debut Saturday against Leslie Smith at UFC 198, but she disappointed many fans by staying quiet about archrival Ronda Rousey. But Sunday morning, she rekindled the superfight read news >>

Fabricio Werdum: ‘I Was a Little Bit Reckless,’ Calls for Rematch with Stipe Miocic

The UFC heavyweight title has been something no one holds onto for very long. No previous champion has consecutively defended the belt more than twice. read news >>

Injury Forces Chris Weidman Out of UFC 199 Bout, Michael Bisping Willing to Step In

Chris Weidman is out of his rematch with Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping quickly let it be known that he is prepared to step in and take his place. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>