Hector Lombard is a man who knows what -- and who -- he wants.

The former Bellator middleweight ruler called out Michael Bisping in an interview with Fox Sports following Lombard’s first-round stoppage of Rousimar Palhares at UFC on FX 6 in Gold Coast, Australia.

“Bisping, please. I want a piece of him. I don’t want to talk. Let’s talk in the cage. He bothers me,” said Lombard (Pictured, file photo). “If I can’t fight Bisping, Mark Munoz, you’re next in line. I hope the UFC gives me the opportunity. I want to fight in the next couple of months, right away. I’m healthy. I don’t have any injuries, and I’m ready.”

A Cuban-born Australian fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla., Lombard made his long-awaited UFC debut in July, only to suffer a lackluster split decision loss to Tim Boetsch at UFC 149. Lombard says he still takes issue with that verdict, which served as the 34-year-old’s first defeat since November 2006.

“It bothers me a lot,” said Lombard of the setback. “It wasn’t my best performance, but every single person [I’ve talked to] who watched the fight has been saying that I won.”

Against Palhares, “Lightning” left nothing to chance, carefully gauging his distance while he searched for an opportunity to unload his powerful punches upon the torso of “Toquinho.” Lombard stalked Palhares across the cage for the first half of the opening round before dropping him with a combination, at which time he pounced in search of a finish but instead ended up in Palhares’ dangerous guard.

“I was fine,” said Lombard of his decision to follow Palhares to the floor. “I told everybody that my ground game is fine, but I don’t like to take the fight to the ground. I like to stand up and knock people out.”

That is exactly what the hard-hitting southpaw did, not long after returning to his feet, as Lombard caught his retreating opponent with a stiff right hook and followed with a short left uppercut that put Palhares down. A trio of coffin-nail punches would follow from the former Olympic judoka, relieving the Brazilian of his consciousness 3:38 into the opening round. Predictably, the Australian crowd went wild, cheering their countryman to his first Octagon win.

“Every single time I fight in Australia, I please the crowd, so I’m pleased,” said Lombard. “I started my fighting career here, and my first fight was actually on the Gold Coast. You could tell how happy I was before the fight and after this win. Everything went perfect this time.”

Tyron Woodley Calls out Nick Diaz and Georges St-Pierre After UFC 201 Title Win

After a long climb up the UFC's mountain of 170-pound talent, Tyron Woodley reached the top at UFC 201 by knocking out Robbie Lawler. Now the proud owner of a big gold belt, the newly minted welterwe read news >>

Michael Bisping Announces Fight with Dan Henderson in Manchester

Though the UFC has yet to make it official, Michael Bisping took it upon himself to announce his title defense against Dan Henderson. read news >>

Michael Bisping Expects Dan Henderson to 'Cheat' in Reported Rematch at UFC 204

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is expecting Dan Henderson to “cheat” in their rumoured rematch. According to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani, Bisping will face the veteran on October 8 in a r read news >>

Mark Munoz Returns to Manila to Promote UFC Fight Night

Retired UFC® middleweight contender Mark “The Filipino Wrecking Machine” Muñoz will return to the Philippines for UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Manila. Rather than wearing a pair of fight gloves, Muñoz will don a read news >>

UFC Fight Night 92 Results: Dennis Bermudez Dominates Rony Jason, Calls Out Frankie Edgar

Eight-ranked featherweight Dennis Bermudez logged a dominating performance in the UFC Fight Night 92 co-main event on Saturday in Salt Lake City. read news >>

UFC's Era of Money (and Moneyweight) Fights Has Begun, and There's No Going Back

Shortly after Michael Bisping realized his career-long goal of capturing the UFC middleweight championship, the question of who he might fight next followed. It is a simple and obvious one, almost ma read news >>

Conor McGregor Continues Verbal Blows at WWE, Calls John Cena ‘Failed Mr. Olympia MFer’

Conor McGregor has challenged the WWE roster and he has gotten personal with the kings of that jungle, past and present: Ric Flair and John Cena. read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>

Nate Diaz calls out GSP, Woodley on UFC 202 Embedded

In the first episode of UFC 202 Embedded, Nate Diaz took a shot at new welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and UFC legend Georges St-Pierre. Diaz wasn’t too thrilled with the two of them trying to co read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Hendo is Official; Includes Belfort vs. Mousasi and Struve vs. Magomedov

The all-but-confirmed UFC 204 headlining bout between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson is now confirmed, as are several other UFC 204 bouts. read news >>