Hector Lombard is a man who knows what -- and who -- he wants.

The former Bellator middleweight ruler called out Michael Bisping in an interview with Fox Sports following Lombard’s first-round stoppage of Rousimar Palhares at UFC on FX 6 in Gold Coast, Australia.

“Bisping, please. I want a piece of him. I don’t want to talk. Let’s talk in the cage. He bothers me,” said Lombard (Pictured, file photo). “If I can’t fight Bisping, Mark Munoz, you’re next in line. I hope the UFC gives me the opportunity. I want to fight in the next couple of months, right away. I’m healthy. I don’t have any injuries, and I’m ready.”

A Cuban-born Australian fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla., Lombard made his long-awaited UFC debut in July, only to suffer a lackluster split decision loss to Tim Boetsch at UFC 149. Lombard says he still takes issue with that verdict, which served as the 34-year-old’s first defeat since November 2006.

“It bothers me a lot,” said Lombard of the setback. “It wasn’t my best performance, but every single person [I’ve talked to] who watched the fight has been saying that I won.”

Against Palhares, “Lightning” left nothing to chance, carefully gauging his distance while he searched for an opportunity to unload his powerful punches upon the torso of “Toquinho.” Lombard stalked Palhares across the cage for the first half of the opening round before dropping him with a combination, at which time he pounced in search of a finish but instead ended up in Palhares’ dangerous guard.

“I was fine,” said Lombard of his decision to follow Palhares to the floor. “I told everybody that my ground game is fine, but I don’t like to take the fight to the ground. I like to stand up and knock people out.”

That is exactly what the hard-hitting southpaw did, not long after returning to his feet, as Lombard caught his retreating opponent with a stiff right hook and followed with a short left uppercut that put Palhares down. A trio of coffin-nail punches would follow from the former Olympic judoka, relieving the Brazilian of his consciousness 3:38 into the opening round. Predictably, the Australian crowd went wild, cheering their countryman to his first Octagon win.

“Every single time I fight in Australia, I please the crowd, so I’m pleased,” said Lombard. “I started my fighting career here, and my first fight was actually on the Gold Coast. You could tell how happy I was before the fight and after this win. Everything went perfect this time.”

VIDEO: Michael Bisping Calls Out Luke Rockhold, Says He Turned Down Jacare

Michael Bisping, who eventually got the call, said his "source very close to the UFC" told him that Luke Rockhold turned down a fight with Jacare Souza. read news >>

UFC 199 Results: Dan Henderson Knocks Out Hector Lombard in Round 2

Dan Henderson picked up an emphatic win at UFC 199, knocking out Hector Lombard in their main-card fight on Saturday night's pay-per-view in Inglewood, California. read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

Dan Henderson (32-14) is known for his “H-Bomb” of a right hand, but at UFC 199 he brought out the “H-Bow” against Hector Lombard (34-6-1, 2 NC). The two veteran middleweights went toe-to-toe in one read news >>

Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

For the first time in his career, Michael Bisping is a UFC champion. Thanks to a left hook followed with some more shots against the cage, Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold in the first round to beco read news >>

UFC 199 Results: Michael Bisping Knocks Out Luke Rockhold to Win UFC Title

Michael "The Count" Bisping waiting a long time to get a shot at the UFC middleweight title, and he made the most of it when the chance came at UFC 199. read news >>

UFC 199 Video Highlights: Dan Henderson Returns from the Brink to KO Hector Lombard

Middleweight legend Dan Henderson took on the explosive Hector Lombard on Saturday on the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 main card. Check out the video highlights. read news >>

HOT TWEETS: UFC Fighters React to Michael Bisping Winning 185-Pound Title

It almost seems unreal that Michael Bisping is a UFC champ, and that's basically the tone Twitter had following his upset win over Luke Rockhold at UFC 199. read news >>

UFC 199 Fighter Bonuses: Michael Bisping Punches His Way to a Belt and a Bonus

UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 landed in Los Angeles this week with two title fights headlining. Following the fights, UFC officials handed out their usual $50,000 bonuses. read news >>

VIDEO: Michael Bisping and Luke Rockhold Confrontation After UFC 199 Press Conference

Michael Bisping tried to shake hands with Luke Rockhold before exiting the post-fight press conference, but he would have none of it and things got heated. read news >>

UFC 199 rewind: What you got right & wrong

UFC 199 saw many plot twists with betting underdog Michael Bisping winning in the main event and favorite Dominick Cruz scoring the victory in the co-main. Here's a look at the numbers and what you g read news >>