Hatsu Hioki and Clay Guida at UFC on Fox 6One of the most hotly contested fights of UFC on Fox 6 was the bout between Clay Guida and Hatsu Hioki. Depending on who you asked, the fight could have gone either way, but was ultimately decided in favor of Guida via split decision by the evening’s judges.

Speaking to MMAWeekly.com following the fight, Hioki said of the decision, “Although I think I inflicted more damage on him, I take the loss because I understand that staying on top of an opponent scores big to a lot of judges.

“Guida was very skilled and tough. Also, he is a very respectful gentleman, so I was very honored to face him.”

In the eyes of many, Hioki worked hard enough off his back to make a case that being on the bottom doesn’t automatically mean a fighter is losing the bout. Still, Hioki knows that sometimes judges don’t see it that way.

“It would have been great if judges have me more credits for working off my back, but, again, I understand how the unified rules work so I am not to complain about anything,” he said. “Guida won the bout fair and square.”

Though Hioki is taking the loss with grace, it would be understandable if he would immediately seek a rematch with Guida, but at the moment, that is not the case.

“I cannot think of anything like that nature right now because I just fought, so I will see as a time goes by,” said Hioki.

While he’s not thinking immediately of what to do next, one thing is for sure, Hioki intends to return and do so an improved fighter because of this loss.

“The team will learn from this as that fight was a tremendous opportunity as a learning tool, so I take one step at the time to work my way back,” he said.

“I will be back!”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

How Stephen Thompson felt when he found out he was fighting his friend (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Thompson thought he was in line for a shot at the welterweight title. Instead, he has to fight Rory MacDonald. read news >>

Luke Rockhold Thought Fabricio Werdum Was a Joke with his Stupid Face (UFC 199 Video)

As a UFC champion, Luke Rockhold is not a fan of Fabricio Werdum and the way he carried himself as the UFC heavyweight champion. read news >>

UFC 199 Results: Brian Ortega Remains Unbeaten, TKOs Clay Guida

Brian Ortega kept his undefeated record intact on Saturday when he faced former Strikeforce lightweight champion and UFC veteran Clay Guida at UFC 199 in Los Angeles. read news >>

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Late last year, Brock Lesnar said he felt he got "robbed" by diverticulitis that cost him the prime of his UFC career. Now, as he prepares for a one-off return at UFC 200, Lesnar's ready to prove to read news >>

For Brian Ortega, Fighting and Beating Clay Guida was an Emotional Experience (UFC 199 Video)

Brian Ortega had to overcome some emotional personal issues in his life, and on top of that, he was fighting one of his idols, Clay Guida, at UFC 199 in Los Angeles. read news >>

Joe Rogan Believes Ronda Rousey Thought She Was Special, And Fell Victim to Hollywood ‘Traps’

UFC commentator Joe Rogan believes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey thought she was special and fell victim to Hollywood 'traps.' read news >>