Forrest Griffin says he has a tough cut ahead of him. | Photo:

Not long after his stunning win over Ryan Bader at UFC 132, Tito Ortiz expressed interest in a rubber match with old rival and fellow ex-light heavyweight champ Forrest Griffin. However, the “Ultimate Fighter” Season 1 winner has no time for the “Huntington Beach Bad Boy” at present, as Griffin is fully focused on his impending rematch with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC 134 in Rio de Janeiro.

Griffin’s recent visit to Brazil was short, but marked by a string of hilarious quotes, including advice for Yushin Okami to do the exact opposite of what Griffin did when the Japanese fighter challenges Anderson Silva for the UFC middleweight title on the Aug. 27 card.

Along with his dry wit, another feature of Griffin’s stuck out during his trip: his clearly overweight silhouette, something that has been bothering the fighter of late.

“I definitely put on more weight than I would like,” Griffin told “I need to cut weight and it won’t be easy. I’ll have a lot of problems until the fight in Brazil, but I’ve gotta do it. I don’t want to fight at heavyweight, so I gotta cut that f--king weight.”

Griffin’s worry over the weight-cut and potential reduction in stamina is explained by his strategy to wear Rua down over the course of their three-round fight.

“He’s one of the best fighters ever,” Griffin said of his opponent, who he submitted in September 2007. “He has a blitz style. He goes forward. He’s dangerous. I gotta make him move backward and let’s see what happens. I want to go hard for all 15 minutes of the fight.”

Accustomed to competing before American crowds, the 32-year-old Griffin believes he will have to overcome a number of other issues in Brazil before he can beat Shogun once again.

“It’s difficult to adjust yourself [to another country],” said Griffin. “There’s the jetlag thing, and it’s difficult to make weight since Brazil doesn’t have the distilled water I use in the U.S. and the food I need to eat. It’s always difficult to change your routine when you go to another country. I feel stupid because I can’t communicate with people from the hotels and can’t even say how I want my eggs. It’s clearly a pain in the ass.”

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ryan Bader Steps in to Face Rogerio Nogueira in UFC Sao Paulo Main Event |

Ryan Bader has agreed to step in and fight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the UFC Sao Paulo main event. read news >>

Ryan Bader in for injured Alexander Gustafsson against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC Fight Night 100

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira will be moving from one ranked opponent to another with Ryan Bader stepping in for injured Alexander Gustafsson at UFC Fight Night 100.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson off UFC Fight Night 100; Ryan Bader takes his place

Alexander Gustafsson withdraws from UFC Fight Night Sao Paulo. He will be replaced by fourth ranked Light Heavyweight Ryan Bader.News broke yesterday via MMA reporter Ariel Helwani that number two ra read news >>

UFC 204's Dan Henderson expects promotion to quickly put up title if he beats Michael Bisping

The way Henderson sees things, the promotion should make quick title plans if he again starches champ Bisping and retires from the sport. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gustavo Lopez Expects to Dominate John Castaneda in Combate Americas Title Fight |

Gustavo Lopez looks to ride his wave of success to his first major MMA title when he takes on John Castaneda for the inaugural Combate Americas 135-pound title. read news >>

Randy Couture spent $500,000 fighting UFC in court, expects tough road for Georges St-Pierre

Randy Couture has a pretty good idea of what’s in store for Georges St-Pierre in his fight for contractual freedom.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

WSOF CEO Carlos Silva expects promotion to keep its current event pace for 2017

The sudden consolidation of two WSOF events into one year-end event naturally led to speculation the promotion is in trouble.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, Videos, WSOF read news >>

UFC Fight Night 100's Ryan Bader: I've evolved more than Antonio Rogerio Noguiera

• a day ago

Six years ago, light heavyweight Ryan Bader beat former PRIDE standout Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 119, a card largely forgotten for its punishingly slow pace.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>