Trainer Greg Jackson doesn’t think Jon Jones suffered any major damage from the armbar Vitor Belfort caught him in Saturday in their light heavyweight title fight at UFC 152.

“It didn’t dislocate or anything,” Jackson told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’m sure it’s just strained, and maybe a bursa sac or two went out, but I don’t think it’s going to be anything major.”

Belfort snagged the armbar from his back in the opening round. Jones escaped, but only after his arm popped.

“He got that armbar in every way, shape and form,” Jones said after the fight. “I’ve never had my arm pop like that before. I felt it, but I worked too hard to give up. I was honestly waiting for it to break, but I wasn’t going to tap out. It just felt numb.”

Jones not only didn’t tap, he began to punish Belfort from the top position to win the round. He also won the second and third before finishing the Brazilian with a key lock in the fourth.

“It’s a personal choice, and when there’s a lot on the line, like a world title, I think that’s what you have to do,” Jackson said of Jones’ refusal to tap. “You have to kind of have that mentality where you’re not going to get stopped. As you’re coming up [the ranks], it’s a personal choice for the fighter, but it’s not nearly as important. When you’ve got your world title on the line, it becomes pretty important. It’s a good mentality to have. I was very proud of him for just saying, you know what, I’m going to gut through it and get through it. I thought it was kind of inspirational.”

The trainer also credited Belfort for the attempt and for his resolve against the champ.

“We had trained for the armbars,” Jackson said. “Vitor’s really, really good at it and was able to lock it on before Jon could really get his counter in. It was incredibly quick, and that’s a testament to Vitor’s skill. We had watched him and trained for it, but he was fast. He caught Jon, and Jon was able to work out of it, but yeah, it was very impressive that we were ready for it and [Belfort] still got it.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:55:52).

Knockout Radio Podcast: Jon Jones Coach Greg Jackson and the Week’s Top Stories

Join Knockout Radio for the podcast of their April 6 broadcast as Randy Harris and the crew talk with MMA coach Greg Jackson and discuss the week's top MMA news! read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier's Injury, More

Jon Jones has never been shy about voicing his opinion on Daniel Cormier in the past. On Monday, the former UFC light heavyweight champion went on the record to question whether it was an injury that read news >>

Unlike UFC 151, White says Jon Jones overruled coaches to stay on UFC 197

UFC President Dana White doesn’t seem entirely positive Jon Jones would have fought replacement opponent Ovince Saint Preux on Saturday at UFC 197 if his coaching staff had a final say in the matter. read news >>

VIDEO: Jon Jones Thinks Daniel Cormier Makes a Good Champion, Still Doesn’t Like Him

Although the heat between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier is palpable, Jones insists that he is happy for Cormier to have had a chance to hold the belt. read news >>

Jon Jones Questions Daniel Cormier Injury (UFC 197 Video)

Jon Jones expressed his doubt about the legitimacy of Daniel Cormier's injury at the UFC 197 Media Day in Las Vegas. read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier: 'If this is the new Jon Jones, there's no way that guy can beat me'

Daniel Cormier isn’t impressed with Jon Jones’ performance against Ovince Saint Preux in UFC 197’s main event on Saturday night.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones Injury: Updates on UFC Star's Shin and Return

UFC star Jon Jones is dealing with a bruised shin after defeating Ovince Saint Preux by unanimous decision to capture the interim 205-pound title belt at UFC 197 on Saturday. Continue for updates. Jo read news >>

Jon Jones Injury Update: UFC Star Reportedly May Face 6-Month Medical Suspension

MMA fighter Jon Jones is reportedly facing a possible six-month medical suspension and needs an X-ray on his left foot. According to MMAFighting.com, Jones was one of 10 fighters who received potenti read news >>

Junior dos Santos Sidelined Following Surgery

Junior dos Santos suffered a shoulder injury in his fight with Ben Rothwell at UFC Fight Night 86 in early April. read news >>

Jon Jones: Can’t Compare Me to Tiger Woods Because I’ve Been Messing Up Longer (Video)

When Jon Jones compared himself to Tiger Woods, he replied, "You can't really compare me to Tiger Woods because I've been messing up a lot longer." read news >>