Gabe Ruediger UFC 63UFC veteran, Ultimate Fighter alum, former WEC champion and current Tachi Palace Fights titleholder Gabe Ruediger is calling it quits… after just one more trip to the cage.

Ruediger has one more fight left on his schedule, to defend his Tachi Palace Fights lightweight belt on Feb. 21 in California. But following that one, Godzilla says he is exiting the cage for the final time.

“I will be fighting February 21st at the Tachi Palace to defend my lightweight belt. There is one huge difference to this fight that sets it apart from any other. It is my last one. I’ve decided to retire after this bout,” Ruediger wrote on his personal website on Tuesday.

“I’ve spent over 11 years fighting MMA professionally and its time to close that chapter of my life. Here is me saying I’m retiring and this will be my last fight.”

Ruediger began his professional career in 2002, fighting for the pre-Zuffa WEC. He spent several years fighting for the WEC, made two tours through the UFC, and was a cast member of the fifth season of The Ultimate Fighter reality series.

“I started competing in MMA as a test to see if I could rise to the occasion. It was never looked at as a career,” he continued. “When I started there was no money, no fame, no recognition. It’s amazing to see how the sport has grown and I’m glad to have been a part of it in some way.

“I will continue to be involved in MMA in one way or another and will continue teaching and progressing as a martial artist, just not as a competitor.”

UFC Veteran Light Heavyweight Ryan Jimmo Reportedly Dead at 34

Seven-fight UFC veteran Ryan Jimmo has died due to injuries suffered from a hit-and-run in a nightclub parking lot in the early morning hours of June 26. read news >>

Fighters React to the Death of Ryan Jimmo via Twitter

On Sunday, it was reported that UFC veteran Ryan Jimmo was tragically killed during a hit-and-run incident in the parking lot of a Canadian night club. read news >>

BJ Penn Calls for Unnecessary 3rd Fight with GSP at UFC 205 in NYC

It’s 2016 and BJ Penn is calling out Georges St-Pierre for a third fight. GSP announced on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani that he is ready to return to the cage, and that has the Hawaiian’s wheels s read news >>

Two Men Arrested, Charged in the Death of UFC Veteran Ryan Jimmo

Two men involved in the hit and run death of UFC veteran Ryan Jimmo have been arrested and charged. read news >>

UFC Veteran Mike Pyle Isn't Ready to Go Fishing Just Yet. Wait, Yes He Is

Gone fishin'. Somewhere on the list of retiree cliches, somewhere above tapioca but just below shuffleboard, lies fishing. At this point, Mike Pyle has probably heard them all. With his 41st birthday read news >>

Cormier vs. Silva: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 200

After the initial furore over Anderson Silva stepping in to face Daniel Cormier at UFC 200 following Jon Jones' removal from the card, it was time for the pair to weigh in ahead of their clash on Sat read news >>

The Gilded Age: UFC 200 an Ultimate Bust in the Era of the Celebrity Fighter

For years the UFC's calling card was its top-to-bottom action. Even if they had never heard of the fighters in the cage, fans knew on any given night someone was bound to do the spectacular. Unlike b read news >>

WSOF Signs UFC and Bellator Veteran Paul Bradley

World Series of Fighting announced on Thursday that it has signed UFC and Bellator veteran Paul Bradley. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez is Sipping Piña Coladas and Auto Responding to Call-Outs

The response Eddie Alvarez gave to people calling him out for a shot at his new UFC title is more than awesome. read news >>

Czar Sklavos Believes Chico Camus Is Going to Underestimate Him at RFA 40

Czar Sklavos takes on UFC veteran Chico Camus in the RFA 40 main event on July 15 and thinks Camus is underestimating him. read news >>