Gabe Ruediger UFC 63UFC veteran, Ultimate Fighter alum, former WEC champion and current Tachi Palace Fights titleholder Gabe Ruediger is calling it quits… after just one more trip to the cage.

Ruediger has one more fight left on his schedule, to defend his Tachi Palace Fights lightweight belt on Feb. 21 in California. But following that one, Godzilla says he is exiting the cage for the final time.

“I will be fighting February 21st at the Tachi Palace to defend my lightweight belt. There is one huge difference to this fight that sets it apart from any other. It is my last one. I’ve decided to retire after this bout,” Ruediger wrote on his personal website on Tuesday.

“I’ve spent over 11 years fighting MMA professionally and its time to close that chapter of my life. Here is me saying I’m retiring and this will be my last fight.”

Ruediger began his professional career in 2002, fighting for the pre-Zuffa WEC. He spent several years fighting for the WEC, made two tours through the UFC, and was a cast member of the fifth season of The Ultimate Fighter reality series.

“I started competing in MMA as a test to see if I could rise to the occasion. It was never looked at as a career,” he continued. “When I started there was no money, no fame, no recognition. It’s amazing to see how the sport has grown and I’m glad to have been a part of it in some way.

“I will continue to be involved in MMA in one way or another and will continue teaching and progressing as a martial artist, just not as a competitor.”

UFC on FOX 21 Fighter Pulled at the Last Minute for Potential Anti-Doping Violation

Despite stepping on the scale and making weight Friday morning, middleweight Adam Hunter has been pulled from Saturday's UFC on FOX 21 fight card in Vancouver. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Free Fight: Watch Josh Barnett KO Frank Mir

UFC veteran Josh Barnett accomplished a new feat at UFC 164: a first-round knockout in the UFC. Barnett KO'd Frank Mir in Round 1 at UFC 164. read news >>

Rizzo's long grind leads to Ultimate Fighter shot

Matt Rizzo has long reigned supreme in Ring of Combat, a stepping stone for many current UFC stars, but he's never gotten the call to make the jump up to the big time. The new season of The Ultimate read news >>

Kelvin Gastelum Faces Jorge Masvidal at the TUF: Latin America 3 Finale

Fifth-ranked 170-pound contender Kelvin Gastelum faces battle-tested veteran Jorge Masvidal at The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3 Finale in Mexico City. read news >>

Kyle O’Reilly Embraces the Convergence of Pro Wrestling and MMA

Heading into his match with UFC veteran Matt Riddle, Kyle O'Reilly embraces the convergence of pro wrestling and MMA. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Dana White on Mickey Gall Calling Out Sage Northcutt: ‘We’ll Make It Happen’ | MMAWeekly.com

After Mickey Gall called out Sage Northcutt following his win over CM Punk at UFC 203 on Saturday, Dana White says Northcutt is open to the bout. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

UFC Adds Veteran MMA Executive Mick Maynard, Promotes Sean Shelby

UFC announced today the hiring of Mick Maynard as Vice President of Talent Relations. Maynard was president and owner of Houston-based Legacy Fighting Championship, an organization that helped launch read news >>

Once UFC Fight Night 95's Vicente Luque got his loss out of the way, things got better

• 13 hours ago

“The Ultimate Fighter 21” veteran Vicente Luque started his professional octagon career with a loss to fellow cast member Michael Graves, but the setback wound up being a positive.Filed under: News, read news >>