Gabe Ruediger UFC 63UFC veteran, Ultimate Fighter alum, former WEC champion and current Tachi Palace Fights titleholder Gabe Ruediger is calling it quits… after just one more trip to the cage.

Ruediger has one more fight left on his schedule, to defend his Tachi Palace Fights lightweight belt on Feb. 21 in California. But following that one, Godzilla says he is exiting the cage for the final time.

“I will be fighting February 21st at the Tachi Palace to defend my lightweight belt. There is one huge difference to this fight that sets it apart from any other. It is my last one. I’ve decided to retire after this bout,” Ruediger wrote on his personal website on Tuesday.

“I’ve spent over 11 years fighting MMA professionally and its time to close that chapter of my life. Here is me saying I’m retiring and this will be my last fight.”

Ruediger began his professional career in 2002, fighting for the pre-Zuffa WEC. He spent several years fighting for the WEC, made two tours through the UFC, and was a cast member of the fifth season of The Ultimate Fighter reality series.

“I started competing in MMA as a test to see if I could rise to the occasion. It was never looked at as a career,” he continued. “When I started there was no money, no fame, no recognition. It’s amazing to see how the sport has grown and I’m glad to have been a part of it in some way.

“I will continue to be involved in MMA in one way or another and will continue teaching and progressing as a martial artist, just not as a competitor.”

Video: Dominick Cruz grateful for fans, sure of his place in MMA history

BOSTON – Former UFC and WEC champion Dominick Cruz remembers the days when nobody cared much about what he was doing. Interviews were carried out in casino hallways. Now, things are a bit different.F read news >>

UFC on FOX 18 headliner Anthony Johnson plans on retiring within three years

Veteran UFC fighter Anthony Johnson is on the cusp of another title shot in the light heavyweight division, but he’s already got plans to walk away from the sport.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: Once more unto the breach, B.J. Penn?

This week’s Twitter Mailbag looks at B.J. Penn’s quest to get back in the cage, plus Matt Mitrione’s plea for referees to save him from himself.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Luiz Firmino vs. Caros Fodor moves to headlining status at Saturday's WSOF 27

A lightweight matchup featuring a Brazilian veteran and a World Series of Fighting newcomer has been named the headliner of Saturday’s WSOF 27 event.Filed under: News read news >>

Trading Shots: The unpopular opinion edition

In this week’s Trading Shots, MMAjunkie columnist Ben Fowlkes and retired UFC and WEC fighter Danny Downes share their most unpopular MMA opinions, of both the good and bad variety.Filed under: News, read news >>

12-time UFC veteran Anthony Perosh calls it quits at 43

Australian MMA veteran Anthony Perosh is retiring from active competition after more than 12 years as a professional fighter.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC veteran Patrick Cote: Why not Nick Diaz in August?

Patrick Cote has very simple things in mind for his next UFC fight: either a top-15 opponent or a big-name fight that can bring him the attention he needs to continue his climb up the welterweight la read news >>

Report: UFC Releases Danny Castillo, Mike Pierce, 9 Other Fighters from Roster

Lightweight and Team Alpha Male veteran Danny Castillo and welterweight Mike Pierce are among 11 fighters who have been released from the UFC. That's according to a Friday report from Marc Raimondi o read news >>

Trading Shots: What can we learn from gleeful reaction to Sage Northcutt's loss?

In this week’s Trading Shots, retired UFC and WEC fighter Danny Downes joins MMAjunkie columnist Ben Fowlkes to discuss the fallout from Sage Northcutt’s submission loss, and what it tells us about f read news >>