Walel Watson Guard Ya GrillNo fighter even wants to wake up a couple of days after competing inside the Octagon, and suffering a loss to also find out they’ve been released from the UFC.

Bantamweight fighter Walel Watson went through that following his third loss in a row in the UFC, and now finds himself with the job of working his way back.

It’s a road a lot of fighters attempt to travel, but only a handful are successful at actually making it back, but Watson plans on being the exception to the rule and not just another ex-UFC fighter who could never return to the big show.

“I came up maybe a little bit early and if anything it just made me twice as hungry. I was hungrier than ever to get to the UFC, now that I got a little taste of it, I want more,” Watson told MMAWeekly.com.

One common theme that does tend to happen to a lot of ex-UFC fighters is kind of a hangover effect where once they are no longer under the bright lights in the Octagon, they have a hard time adjusting back to the regional circuit of MMA shows. Some fighters struggle to stay relevant and never make it back to the UFC.

Watson has no plans of suffering that kind of fate.

“Some guys get drunk on that UFC vibe and they can’t adjust and go back to the regional level and fight. Then there are guys like me, whose goals never change, and my goal is to be No. 1. Whether I’m fighting in the UFC or I’m fighting in a regional show, I have to display my skills and I have to show that I’m No. 1 no matter who’s watching or what the situation could be,” Watson stated.

Since leaving the UFC, Watson has already picked up one victory, and looks to make it two in a row with his bout Friday night in California.

He knows it’s going to take more than a couple of wins to get back on the radar of UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby, but through sheer hard work and determination he’s going to get there one way or another.

“My goal’s never changed to be No. 1 in the world,” said Watson. “So whether the world believes in me or not, I’m going to continue to move forward.”

How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? McGregor vs. Mendes reactions, Reebok Uniform complaints

The week's most interesting bits from the MMA and UFC twitter world. A few updates on what's been going on in the MMA & UFC Twitterverse -- There's a ton of tweets below, but first, don't forget to f read news >>

Jessica Eye Ready to Make Statement, Earn Title Shot with Win over Miesha Tate

Jessica Eye is ready to make her case for a shot at the UFC women's bantamweight crown, and she plans to do that at the expense of Miesha Tate at UFC on Fox 16. The scrappy Ohio native began campaign read news >>

Yoel Romero is $50,000 richer after vicious knockout of Lyoto Machida

Yoel Romero didn't just earn the biggest win of his career Saturday night. He made some dough, too. "The Soldier of God" earned a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus with his vicious, ground-and-p read news >>

USADA policy likely bans IVs for rehydrating, UFC fighters not happy

Fighters are getting their first taste of the new UFC reality under USADA drug testing jurisdiction as reps visited the ATT gym and clued fighters in to a new regulation, no IV rehydration. Fans may read news >>

How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Conor McGregor reacts to Jose Aldo's rib injury

Fabricio Werdum’s coach believes Cain Velasquez deserves immediate rematch

Who will earn the next shot at the UFC heavyweight title? Right after submitting Cain Velasquez at UFC 188 in Mexico City, Fabricio Werdum offered a rematch to the former champion. UFC president Dana read news >>

Gilbert Melendez Replaces Bobby Green, Faces Al Iaquinta at UFC Fight Night 71

Gilbert Melendez apparently needs to get the taste of his loss to Eddie Alvarez at UFC 188 out of his mouth. Just four days after losing a split decision to Alvarez in Mexico City, Melendez agreed to read news >>

How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? UFC fighters react to the NBA Finals, Ken Shamrock Training Video

Charles Rosa: Always Hungry

As a UFC featherweight, as well as a chef at the Delray Beach steakhouse Cut 432, it might be safe to say that Charles Rosa's constant state is "hungry." That’s most certainly the case today, as he a read news >>

How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Ken Shamrock responds to steroid allegations