Walel Watson Guard Ya GrillNo fighter even wants to wake up a couple of days after competing inside the Octagon, and suffering a loss to also find out they’ve been released from the UFC.

Bantamweight fighter Walel Watson went through that following his third loss in a row in the UFC, and now finds himself with the job of working his way back.

It’s a road a lot of fighters attempt to travel, but only a handful are successful at actually making it back, but Watson plans on being the exception to the rule and not just another ex-UFC fighter who could never return to the big show.

“I came up maybe a little bit early and if anything it just made me twice as hungry. I was hungrier than ever to get to the UFC, now that I got a little taste of it, I want more,” Watson told MMAWeekly.com.

One common theme that does tend to happen to a lot of ex-UFC fighters is kind of a hangover effect where once they are no longer under the bright lights in the Octagon, they have a hard time adjusting back to the regional circuit of MMA shows. Some fighters struggle to stay relevant and never make it back to the UFC.

Watson has no plans of suffering that kind of fate.

“Some guys get drunk on that UFC vibe and they can’t adjust and go back to the regional level and fight. Then there are guys like me, whose goals never change, and my goal is to be No. 1. Whether I’m fighting in the UFC or I’m fighting in a regional show, I have to display my skills and I have to show that I’m No. 1 no matter who’s watching or what the situation could be,” Watson stated.

Since leaving the UFC, Watson has already picked up one victory, and looks to make it two in a row with his bout Friday night in California.

He knows it’s going to take more than a couple of wins to get back on the radar of UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby, but through sheer hard work and determination he’s going to get there one way or another.

“My goal’s never changed to be No. 1 in the world,” said Watson. “So whether the world believes in me or not, I’m going to continue to move forward.”

How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Bourdain gets BJJ blue belt, McGregor on TUF

The week's most interesting bits from the MMA and UFC twitter world. A few updates on what's been going on in the MMA & UFC Twitterverse -- There's a ton of tweets below, but first, don't forget to f read news >>

Top Thai prospects taste victory at Full Metal Dojo 6 in Bangkok

Full Metal Dojo (FMD) 6 took place at the Insanity Nightclub in Bangkok last Saturday (Aug. 22, 2015) and in the main event, Detchadin Srosirisuphathin stopped Kritsada Konsrichai in the opening roun read news >>

Georges St-Pierre helped UFC Fight Night 74's Chad Laprise ready for Francisco Trinaldo

SASKATOON – Chad Laprise has yet to taste defeat in his professional, and if he picks up another victory at UFC Fight Night 74, he said he’s ready to step up and fight a ranked fighter.Filed under: N read news >>

Demian Maia has 'goal' to earn most submission wins in UFC history

Demian Maia has the fourth most submission wins in UFC history. He wants to top the list when all is said and done.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Culinary Union 226 says UFC women earn 41-61% of their male peers, is it true?

The Culinary Union has come out firing with UFC wage inequality for women in its sights. Do female UFC fighters really earn 41-61% to that of their male peers? Paul Gift looks to the official payshee read news >>

Vitor Belfort wants title shot with win over Dan Henderson in Brazil

Vitor Belfort needed three explosive wins in 2013 to earn a shot at the middleweight title, and hopes one win is enough for him to get enter another title fight. "The Phenom" is slated to meet Dan He read news >>

How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Don't be a DNB, Replies to Punk vs Pendred Beef

UFC 192's Tyron Woodley wanted to earn title shot by getting through Johny Hendricks

After months of lobbying, Tyron Woodley finally got his much-desired Welterweight fight against former division champion, Johny Hendricks, as the two men are set to throw down at UFC 192 on Oct. 3, 2 read news >>

Morning Report: Conor McGregor says 'cross-style match' with Floyd Mayweather would earn 'half a billion'

Business is good for Conor McGregor, but it could be better. The UFC interim featherweight champion might be making $3.5 million bets with Dana White but he's leaving money on the table. The real cas read news >>

Roman Salazar wants to 'break' Marlon Vera at UFC Fight Night 73

Roman Salazar has yet to taste success in the UFC octagon. If he has his way, that will change that at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 73.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>