World Series of Fighting welterweight Gerald Harris recently announced that he has requested the Nevada Athletic Commission test both him and his opponent at the WSOF’s debut event on Nov. 3.

Harris, who confirmed his intentions with Sherdog.com on Wednesday, also asked the NAC to test him and all his opponents at future events. The fighter plans to make the same request in every other state in which he competes.

“The recent increase in mixed martial arts failed drug tests has led many trainers, fighters, and fans to believe that over 50 percent of our athletes are using some form of performing enhancement drug (PED),” Harris wrote in a letter. “I cannot speak for others, but I do believe those numbers are overhyped, and the only thing I can do is offer my honesty ... I also agree to any testing during my camps, before and after fights and random drug testing at any point [in] time.”

Harris faces Josh Burkman on Saturday night at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas as part of the event’s undercard, which streams live on Sherdog.com.

“I wasn’t just being an attention whore. I was being serious,” Harris told Sherdog on Wednesday. “It’s nothing against Josh Burkman. I don’t think Burkman is dirty. I have a lot of respect for the guy. I just want them to test me and my opponent at every fight.”

Harris told Sherdog.com that the NAC has not yet responded to his letter. On Wednesday morning, Sherdog.com attempted confirm that the letter had been delivered, but NAC officials did not respond to email requests for comment at the time of writing.

“I am doing this to show the fans that there are plenty of clean athletes out there,” Harris wrote. “The assumption that we are mostly all using PEDs really bothers me, because I train so hard, respect my body, and sacrifice so much to compete. I cannot accept being labeled as a possible cheater. As a father, I instill the same values in my children and living a clean lifestyle will allow me to hopefully live a long, healthy life and to care for them.”

Although it is currently unknown if Harris will be among those tested by the NAC at his Nov. 3 bout, the fighter says that he plans to submit to the famously stringent testing of the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) prior to his next fight.

“I couldn’t do it for this fight [with Burkman], because I need [to begin the process six weeks out from an event], but I want to let everybody know that I’ll be participating in it and get the word out there,” said Harris. “I’ve got the application, and I will be doing random testing. You have 30 to 60 minutes to [submit] your blood, urine, whatever [VADA requests]. They will call you and say that you have to be at this place in an hour, anytime within that six weeks. They don’t play. It’s strict.”

Harris, 32, rides a four-fight winning streak into his Nov. 3 bout with Burkman. A former UFC middleweight, “Hurricane” more recently made the drop to 170 pounds for his May 11 Legacy Fighting Championship appearance against Mike Bronzoulis, taking a split decision victory over “The Greek” at LFC 11. Harris owns 15 of his 21 career wins by either knockout or submission and has been finished just once during his six-year pro career.

Mike Arrant Replaces Injured Thiago Meller, Faces John Howard at WSOF 31

World Series of Fighting announced today that Thiago Meller has withdrawn from his scheduled welterweight contest against John Howard, who will now face Mike Arrant at WSOF 31. read news >>

Unbeaten Prospect Phil Hawes Makes Quick Turnaround, Faces Louis Taylor at WSOF 32

• a day ago

World Series of Fighting announced today that undefeated prospect Phil Hawes will make a quick turnaround and step back in the decagon cage just six weeks after his promotional debut. read news >>

Mark Hunt Comments on Brock Lesnar's Drug Testing Exemption

It didn't take long for the war of words between Brock Lesnar and Mark Hunt to go from professionally combative to personal. Hunt, speaking to UFC Fight Week on Fox Sports, accused Lesnar of being on read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: Brock Lesnar’s Return and USADA Drug Testing Rules

Chael Sonnen discusses former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar's UFC 200 return and USAD drug testing rules during the latest edition of "Beyond the Fight." read news >>

UFC Grants Brock Lesnar A Special Exemption on Drug Testing

If you're a professional fighter coming out of retirement, you must notify the UFC and its drug-testing partner, the United States Anti-Doping Agency, four months in advance. Unless, that is, the UFC read news >>

Former Lightweight Champ Anthony Pettis Moving to the Featherweight Division

After losing three consecutive bouts, former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis plans to make the move down to the featherweight division. read news >>

Dana White Talks About Problems in Conor McGregor, Nate Diaz Negotiations

UFC President Dana White has had some problems negotiating recently with two of the UFC's biggest fighters. UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor, perhaps the most famous fighter in MMA today, se read news >>

Don Frye to Join 2016 UFC Hall of Fame Class as Pioneer

UFC on Saturday announced that two-time UFC tournament champion Don “The Predator” Frye has been named to the 2016 UFC Hall of Fame class as a Pioneer. read news >>

Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor II Announced for UFC 202: Latest Comments, Reaction

After plenty of posturing by all parties involved, the UFC confirmed Saturday night Conor McGregor will return to the Octagon for a rematch with Nate Diaz, per UFC commentator Jon Anik. The two will read news >>

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Late last year, Brock Lesnar said he felt he got "robbed" by diverticulitis that cost him the prime of his UFC career. Now, as he prepares for a one-off return at UFC 200, Lesnar's ready to prove to read news >>