World Series of Fighting welterweight Gerald Harris recently announced that he has requested the Nevada Athletic Commission test both him and his opponent at the WSOF’s debut event on Nov. 3.

Harris, who confirmed his intentions with Sherdog.com on Wednesday, also asked the NAC to test him and all his opponents at future events. The fighter plans to make the same request in every other state in which he competes.

“The recent increase in mixed martial arts failed drug tests has led many trainers, fighters, and fans to believe that over 50 percent of our athletes are using some form of performing enhancement drug (PED),” Harris wrote in a letter. “I cannot speak for others, but I do believe those numbers are overhyped, and the only thing I can do is offer my honesty ... I also agree to any testing during my camps, before and after fights and random drug testing at any point [in] time.”

Harris faces Josh Burkman on Saturday night at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas as part of the event’s undercard, which streams live on Sherdog.com.

“I wasn’t just being an attention whore. I was being serious,” Harris told Sherdog on Wednesday. “It’s nothing against Josh Burkman. I don’t think Burkman is dirty. I have a lot of respect for the guy. I just want them to test me and my opponent at every fight.”

Harris told Sherdog.com that the NAC has not yet responded to his letter. On Wednesday morning, Sherdog.com attempted confirm that the letter had been delivered, but NAC officials did not respond to email requests for comment at the time of writing.

“I am doing this to show the fans that there are plenty of clean athletes out there,” Harris wrote. “The assumption that we are mostly all using PEDs really bothers me, because I train so hard, respect my body, and sacrifice so much to compete. I cannot accept being labeled as a possible cheater. As a father, I instill the same values in my children and living a clean lifestyle will allow me to hopefully live a long, healthy life and to care for them.”

Although it is currently unknown if Harris will be among those tested by the NAC at his Nov. 3 bout, the fighter says that he plans to submit to the famously stringent testing of the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) prior to his next fight.

“I couldn’t do it for this fight [with Burkman], because I need [to begin the process six weeks out from an event], but I want to let everybody know that I’ll be participating in it and get the word out there,” said Harris. “I’ve got the application, and I will be doing random testing. You have 30 to 60 minutes to [submit] your blood, urine, whatever [VADA requests]. They will call you and say that you have to be at this place in an hour, anytime within that six weeks. They don’t play. It’s strict.”

Harris, 32, rides a four-fight winning streak into his Nov. 3 bout with Burkman. A former UFC middleweight, “Hurricane” more recently made the drop to 170 pounds for his May 11 Legacy Fighting Championship appearance against Mike Bronzoulis, taking a split decision victory over “The Greek” at LFC 11. Harris owns 15 of his 21 career wins by either knockout or submission and has been finished just once during his six-year pro career.

UFC Lays Out 2017 First Quarter Schedule of Events | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC announced their 2017 schedule of events on Wednesday consisting of ten events taking place in six U.S. cities and in three different countries. read news >>

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

UFC 205's Chris Weidman on Yoel Romero: 'I want to make him pay' for failed drug test

NEW YORK – Chris Weidman has been a career-long advocate of punishing steroid and banned substance users to the harshest degree no matter the circumstances around a test failure. He doesn’t feel any read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

An Academic Analysis of Joanna Jedrzejczyk's Trash Talk | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC Reigning UFC Women's Strawweight Champion Joanna "Champion" Jedrzejczyk recently told us that she doesn't like trash talk and doesn't engage in it. And perhaps that's read news >>

Miesha Tate Retires from UFC: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

MMA fighter Miesha Tate announced her retirement from the UFC on Saturday evening. "It's not my time anymore," she announced, per SportsCenter, after losing a unanimous decision to Raquel Pennington  read news >>

UFC 205: Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez video highlights

Conor McGregor famously announced he didn’t come to the UFC to take part, he came to take over. After crushing Eddie Alvarez to win his second belt in two weight classes, it appears the takeover is i read news >>

Conor McGregor Snags a Second Belt and a Bonus at UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White announced the fighter bonuses stemming from UFC 205 during the event's post-fight press conference at Madison Square Garden. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez on UFC 205 title loss: 'Fighting the way I did was a for sure death sentence'

Recently dethroned UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez continues to mourn his loss to two-division champ Conor McGregor in this past Saturday’s UFC 205 headliner.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>