World Series of Fighting welterweight Gerald Harris recently announced that he has requested the Nevada Athletic Commission test both him and his opponent at the WSOF’s debut event on Nov. 3.

Harris, who confirmed his intentions with Sherdog.com on Wednesday, also asked the NAC to test him and all his opponents at future events. The fighter plans to make the same request in every other state in which he competes.

“The recent increase in mixed martial arts failed drug tests has led many trainers, fighters, and fans to believe that over 50 percent of our athletes are using some form of performing enhancement drug (PED),” Harris wrote in a letter. “I cannot speak for others, but I do believe those numbers are overhyped, and the only thing I can do is offer my honesty ... I also agree to any testing during my camps, before and after fights and random drug testing at any point [in] time.”

Harris faces Josh Burkman on Saturday night at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas as part of the event’s undercard, which streams live on Sherdog.com.

“I wasn’t just being an attention whore. I was being serious,” Harris told Sherdog on Wednesday. “It’s nothing against Josh Burkman. I don’t think Burkman is dirty. I have a lot of respect for the guy. I just want them to test me and my opponent at every fight.”

Harris told Sherdog.com that the NAC has not yet responded to his letter. On Wednesday morning, Sherdog.com attempted confirm that the letter had been delivered, but NAC officials did not respond to email requests for comment at the time of writing.

“I am doing this to show the fans that there are plenty of clean athletes out there,” Harris wrote. “The assumption that we are mostly all using PEDs really bothers me, because I train so hard, respect my body, and sacrifice so much to compete. I cannot accept being labeled as a possible cheater. As a father, I instill the same values in my children and living a clean lifestyle will allow me to hopefully live a long, healthy life and to care for them.”

Although it is currently unknown if Harris will be among those tested by the NAC at his Nov. 3 bout, the fighter says that he plans to submit to the famously stringent testing of the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) prior to his next fight.

“I couldn’t do it for this fight [with Burkman], because I need [to begin the process six weeks out from an event], but I want to let everybody know that I’ll be participating in it and get the word out there,” said Harris. “I’ve got the application, and I will be doing random testing. You have 30 to 60 minutes to [submit] your blood, urine, whatever [VADA requests]. They will call you and say that you have to be at this place in an hour, anytime within that six weeks. They don’t play. It’s strict.”

Harris, 32, rides a four-fight winning streak into his Nov. 3 bout with Burkman. A former UFC middleweight, “Hurricane” more recently made the drop to 170 pounds for his May 11 Legacy Fighting Championship appearance against Mike Bronzoulis, taking a split decision victory over “The Greek” at LFC 11. Harris owns 15 of his 21 career wins by either knockout or submission and has been finished just once during his six-year pro career.

LFA 2: Richman vs. Stojadinovic Slated for Late January | MMAWeekly.com

Legacy Fighting Alliance (LFA) CEO Ed Soares recently announced that the second LFA event is headed to Minnesota in January. read news >>

Diego Ferreira accepts 17-month suspension from USADA following April failed drug test

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) today announced Diego Ferreira has accepted a sanction for his anti-doping policy violation.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

WSOF 34: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Fight Card Highlights

World Series of Fighting will get in on the New Year's MMA action with a special event from Madison Square Garden. The event features four title fights. Justin Gaethje headlines by defending his titl read news >>

UFC on FOX 22 draws announced attendance of 13,136 for $1,238,992 gate

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Saturday’s UFC on FOX 22 event drew an announced attendance of 13,136 and a live gate of $1,238,992.50.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

WSOF champ David Branch: Target on my back 'brings out the monster in me'

David Branch sports an incredible 9-0 mark under the WSOF banner, and he’s not only won a pair of titles for the promotion, he’s also defended both belts. And yet he’s only get hungrier as he earns m read news >>

WSOF champ Marlon Moraes: The only person that doesn't want to see me fight Dominick Cruz is Dominick Cruz

WSOF bantamweight champ Marlon Moraes is currently riding a 12-fight winning streak and is ranked No. 5 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA bantamweight rankings. But that’s not good enough read news >>

WSOF 34 results: Gaethje retains after doctor stoppage in late 'Fight of the Year' candidate

In one of the wildest fights of the year – and yet somehow just typical Justin Gaethje – the WSOF lightweight champ retained his belt with a doctor’s stoppage of an incredibly game Luiz Firmino.Filed read news >>

WSOF 34 Results: Justin Gaethje Retains Belt; Jon Fitch Wins, but May Retire | MMAWeekly.com

Justin Gaethje retained his lightweight title at WSOF 34 on Saturday in New York City, when the main event fight was stopped in between rounds. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Future in UFC

UFC fighter Ronda Rousey announced that she would take some time to contemplate her future in the sport after being knocked out by Amanda Nunes in 48 seconds at UFC 207. Rousey spoke about her pendin read news >>

WSOF 34 highlights: Justin Gaethje mangles Luiz Firmino's eye, Jon Fitch hints at retirement

WSOF closed out 2016 with its Big Apple debut and a fight slate that included four title bouts. Check out the highlights.Filed under: News, Videos, WSOF read news >>