Georgi Karakhanyan2012 was a big year for former Bellator featherweight Georgi Karakhanyan. Not only did he win all three of his MMA bouts, raising his winning streak to six, but he also branched out a bit into other combat sports as well.

“Last year I made (and won) my pro boxing debut, so that was something that was different,” said Karakhanyan. “Then I defended my Tachi Palace Fights belt and then I got a call to fight in Dream, which was a very cool experience to go out there and fight (and defeat) Hiroyuki Takaya.

“Overall it was a good year. I’m still not happy with it. There are a lot of mistakes I made in my fights. So that’s why I’m always training hard and hopefully this year will start off good.”

As Karakhanyan pointed out, while he had an undefeated year, he feels he could have done better, especially in his last couple MMA fights.

“Last year two of my fights went to decision and I don’t like going to decision; I like finishing fights,” he said. “Being able to grind someone out is something good to have, but I’m always looking to finish.”

Karakhanyan’s goal of finishing fights doesn’t get any easier in his first fight of 2013 when he makes his Legacy FC debut against UFC vet Din Thomas on Friday in Allen, Texas, live on AXS TV.

“Din is a tough fighter and has fought everywhere against the best opponents, and while some people may say he’s old or this or that, but I’m going in there thinking I’m going to face the Din Thomas that was in the UFC and I’m going to come prepared,” said Karakhanyan.

“I’m ready and I’m not going to underestimate anyone and if I go in there and fight my fight, I can beat anyone in the world.”

After expanding his game last year getting into boxing, Karakhanyan told MMAWeekly.com that it wouldn’t surprise him if he crossed over into other combat sports in 2013.

“I did the boxing to focus on my hands, and I’d like to do more boxing fights, but I’d like to get into more Muay Thai and kickboxing,” he said. “The K-1 style rules fights are pretty exciting and I’m a big fan of a lot of the K-1 fighters.

“If I could do both MMA and kickboxing at the same time, that’d be perfect for me.”

At the end of the day, it’s still MMA that is the driving force for Karakhanyan. And having built himself into a solid contender the past couple of years, he feels where he ends up should be a top tier promotion both in terms of opposition and pay.

“To tell you the truth, I want to go where they can pay me what I’m worth,” he said. “I’m doing this because I love fighting, but at the end of the day, it’s the paycheck that counts because I’m doing this for a living.

“I want to go somewhere I’m worth something and I get to fight top-quality opponents. Whether it’s the UFC or any other organization, it’s fighting where I’m worth the most the counts.”

Legacy FC 55 slated for May 13 with Ledet vs. Ritani-Coe, Page vs. Hollis

The lineup is set for next month’s Legacy FC 55 event, which is heavy on Houston-area talent.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

UFC Zagreb Free Fight: Ben Rothwell Submits Matt Mitrione with Gogo Choke

Ben Rothwell rides a four-fight winning streak into his fight with Junior Dos Santos. Rothwell has finished all of those fights, including this Matt Mitrione sub. read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Conor McGregor on Winning Friends

There's no denying that Conor McGregor has had a tremendous impact in the Octagon and on the UFC's bottom line... and he's not shy about saying so. read news >>

After finding fun again, UFC vet Dhiego Lima ready to bang it out at Legacy FC 53

Most of us never will know what it’s like to get inside a cage and fight another human being, but it sure seems like something that could be made easier if you enjoyed it. For Dhiego Lima, that was s read news >>

Jacob Hebeisen Looking to Make Waves and Stay Busy in Legacy FC Debut

Jacob Hebeisen hasn't fought as often as he'd like in his 10-year career. All that changes on Friday night with Legacy FC 53. read news >>

Can Undefeated Chazz Walton Keep First-Round Finish Streak Alive at Legacy FC 53?

Undefeated lightweight prospect Chazz Walton hopes to keep his first-round finish streak alive at Friday night's Legacy FC 53. read news >>

Legacy FC 53 results: Dhiego Lima grinds out main event decision over Antonio Trocoli

Welterweights Dhiego Lima and Antonio Trocoli entered the main event of Legacy FC 52 knowing they needed a win to get their careers back on track. While it wasn’t thrilling, Lima was the man with his read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 Results: Derrick Lewis Knocks Out Gabriel Gonzaga and Calls Out Roy Nelson

Former Legacy FC heavyweight champion Derrick Lewis continues to make his mark in the UFC. “The Black Beast” knocked out Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC Fight Night 86 in Zagreb, Croatia on Sunday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 86 event in Croatia, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out some of tho read news >>

Benson Henderson not thinking of historic implications of winning Bellator title

Benson Henderson is just over a week away from his chance to become the first fighter in MMA history to win Bellator and UFC championship belts in a career.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>