Georgi Karakhanyan2012 was a big year for former Bellator featherweight Georgi Karakhanyan. Not only did he win all three of his MMA bouts, raising his winning streak to six, but he also branched out a bit into other combat sports as well.

“Last year I made (and won) my pro boxing debut, so that was something that was different,” said Karakhanyan. “Then I defended my Tachi Palace Fights belt and then I got a call to fight in Dream, which was a very cool experience to go out there and fight (and defeat) Hiroyuki Takaya.

“Overall it was a good year. I’m still not happy with it. There are a lot of mistakes I made in my fights. So that’s why I’m always training hard and hopefully this year will start off good.”

As Karakhanyan pointed out, while he had an undefeated year, he feels he could have done better, especially in his last couple MMA fights.

“Last year two of my fights went to decision and I don’t like going to decision; I like finishing fights,” he said. “Being able to grind someone out is something good to have, but I’m always looking to finish.”

Karakhanyan’s goal of finishing fights doesn’t get any easier in his first fight of 2013 when he makes his Legacy FC debut against UFC vet Din Thomas on Friday in Allen, Texas, live on AXS TV.

“Din is a tough fighter and has fought everywhere against the best opponents, and while some people may say he’s old or this or that, but I’m going in there thinking I’m going to face the Din Thomas that was in the UFC and I’m going to come prepared,” said Karakhanyan.

“I’m ready and I’m not going to underestimate anyone and if I go in there and fight my fight, I can beat anyone in the world.”

After expanding his game last year getting into boxing, Karakhanyan told MMAWeekly.com that it wouldn’t surprise him if he crossed over into other combat sports in 2013.

“I did the boxing to focus on my hands, and I’d like to do more boxing fights, but I’d like to get into more Muay Thai and kickboxing,” he said. “The K-1 style rules fights are pretty exciting and I’m a big fan of a lot of the K-1 fighters.

“If I could do both MMA and kickboxing at the same time, that’d be perfect for me.”

At the end of the day, it’s still MMA that is the driving force for Karakhanyan. And having built himself into a solid contender the past couple of years, he feels where he ends up should be a top tier promotion both in terms of opposition and pay.

“To tell you the truth, I want to go where they can pay me what I’m worth,” he said. “I’m doing this because I love fighting, but at the end of the day, it’s the paycheck that counts because I’m doing this for a living.

“I want to go somewhere I’m worth something and I get to fight top-quality opponents. Whether it’s the UFC or any other organization, it’s fighting where I’m worth the most the counts.”

UFC 205 preliminary-card pre-fight facts: Khabib Nurmagomedov looks to extend epic winning streak

UFC 205 is hands down the most stacked event in UFC history – so much so that the preliminary card for Saturday’s event is worthy of its own pre-fight facts showcase.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Champ Eddie Alvarez expecting to 'do something violent' against McGregor in UFC 205 headliner

NEW YORK – For anyone concerned that Eddie Alvarez will look to grind out Conor McGregor for five rounds in the UFC 205 main event, the reigning UFC lightweight champ said that’s not how he envisions read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Plans Move to Lightweight Following Featherweight Fight in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Following his Bellator 164 bout in Israel, Georgi Karakhanyan plans to leave featherweight behind and make the move to lightweight for some pivotal bouts. read news >>

Legacy FC 62 results: Rafael Lovato Jr. takes Cortez Coleman's arm to retain middleweight title

As one of the most decorated Rafael Lovato Jr. wanting the fight on the ground against Cortez Coleman. However, the middleweight champ had no trouble unleashing his strikes at Legacy FC 62.Filed unde read news >>

Legacy FC 62 highlights: How much did this eye-poke affect the headlining title fight?

Few things can affect a fight like an accidental eye-poke, as we learned in Friday’s Legacy FC 62 headliner.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Legacy FC 62 Results & Highlights: Rafael Lovato Jr. Secures Armbar to Retain Title | MMAWeekly.com

Brazlian Jiu-Jitsu legend Rafael Lovato Jr. caught Cortez Coleman in an armbar to force the submission and retain his championship at Legacy FC 62. read news >>

Conor McGregor Pretends to Apologize After Winning 2nd Title at UFC 205

Conor McGregor faced the toughest opponent of his career at UFC 205 and posted what may have been his most dominant win to date. Opposite now-former lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, McGregor lande read news >>

UFC 205 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 205 in New York City several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react to the event or read news >>

Joe Silva’s Shoes: What's next for Conor McGregor and UFC 205's other winning fighters?

UFC 205 was a historic event for the company, and for good reason. It was arguably its most stacked fight card to date.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

JJ Aldrich Expecting 'Super-Tough' Fight Against Lynn Alvarez at Invicta FC 20 | MMAWeekly.com

While her time on The Ultimate Fighter 23 was brief, strawweight prospect JJ Aldrich feels it had a big impact on her development. read news >>