Georgi Karakhanyan2012 was a big year for former Bellator featherweight Georgi Karakhanyan. Not only did he win all three of his MMA bouts, raising his winning streak to six, but he also branched out a bit into other combat sports as well.

“Last year I made (and won) my pro boxing debut, so that was something that was different,” said Karakhanyan. “Then I defended my Tachi Palace Fights belt and then I got a call to fight in Dream, which was a very cool experience to go out there and fight (and defeat) Hiroyuki Takaya.

“Overall it was a good year. I’m still not happy with it. There are a lot of mistakes I made in my fights. So that’s why I’m always training hard and hopefully this year will start off good.”

As Karakhanyan pointed out, while he had an undefeated year, he feels he could have done better, especially in his last couple MMA fights.

“Last year two of my fights went to decision and I don’t like going to decision; I like finishing fights,” he said. “Being able to grind someone out is something good to have, but I’m always looking to finish.”

Karakhanyan’s goal of finishing fights doesn’t get any easier in his first fight of 2013 when he makes his Legacy FC debut against UFC vet Din Thomas on Friday in Allen, Texas, live on AXS TV.

“Din is a tough fighter and has fought everywhere against the best opponents, and while some people may say he’s old or this or that, but I’m going in there thinking I’m going to face the Din Thomas that was in the UFC and I’m going to come prepared,” said Karakhanyan.

“I’m ready and I’m not going to underestimate anyone and if I go in there and fight my fight, I can beat anyone in the world.”

After expanding his game last year getting into boxing, Karakhanyan told that it wouldn’t surprise him if he crossed over into other combat sports in 2013.

“I did the boxing to focus on my hands, and I’d like to do more boxing fights, but I’d like to get into more Muay Thai and kickboxing,” he said. “The K-1 style rules fights are pretty exciting and I’m a big fan of a lot of the K-1 fighters.

“If I could do both MMA and kickboxing at the same time, that’d be perfect for me.”

At the end of the day, it’s still MMA that is the driving force for Karakhanyan. And having built himself into a solid contender the past couple of years, he feels where he ends up should be a top tier promotion both in terms of opposition and pay.

“To tell you the truth, I want to go where they can pay me what I’m worth,” he said. “I’m doing this because I love fighting, but at the end of the day, it’s the paycheck that counts because I’m doing this for a living.

“I want to go somewhere I’m worth something and I get to fight top-quality opponents. Whether it’s the UFC or any other organization, it’s fighting where I’m worth the most the counts.”

Rafael Lovato defends 185 title vs. Cortez Coleman in Legacy FC 62 headliner

The middleweight title will be on the line when Legacy FC heads to Oklahoma in November. Champion [autotag]Rafael Lovato[/autotag] (3-0), still early in his career, will put his belt on the line agai read news >>

Joe Silva's Shoes: What's next for John Lineker and UFC Fight Night 96's other winning fighters?

With another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Joe Silva and Sean Shelby’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for UFC Fight Night 96’s winning fighte read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Since the early days when the sport was anything but a mainstream endeavor, the MMA industry has thrived and survived through various websites, forums and, perhaps most importantly, social media plat read news >>

UFC vet Gerald Harris ends retirement, fights Aaron Cobb in Legacy FC 63 headliner

Gerald Harris is returning from a three-year layoff – and he’s doing it in a hometown headliner.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Dan Henderson explains what winning a UFC title means for his legacy

Dan Henderson's place in history is already set but adding a UFC title would be huge read news >>

Legacy FC 60 results: Brian Heden gets revenge, blasts Tyler East into retirement

More than six years ago, Tyler East spent 15 minutes beating up Brian Heden. On Friday, Heden got his revenge. Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Legacy FC 60 video highlights: A TKO via broken nose during a night of finishes

If you like your MMA on the violent side, Friday’s Legacy FC 60 event was for you.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Legacy FC 60 Results and Highlights: Brian Heden Retires Tyler East |

Legacy FC 60 headliner Tyler East announced his retirement from MMA after rival Brian Heden knocked him out. read news >>

Joe Silva's Shoes: What's next for Michael Bisping and UFC 204's other winning fighters?

with another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Joe Silva and Sean Shelby’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for UFC 204’s winning fighters.Filed un read news >>

UFC 204 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 204 in Manchester, England, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those reaction read news >>