Georgi Karakhanyan2012 was a big year for former Bellator featherweight Georgi Karakhanyan. Not only did he win all three of his MMA bouts, raising his winning streak to six, but he also branched out a bit into other combat sports as well.

“Last year I made (and won) my pro boxing debut, so that was something that was different,” said Karakhanyan. “Then I defended my Tachi Palace Fights belt and then I got a call to fight in Dream, which was a very cool experience to go out there and fight (and defeat) Hiroyuki Takaya.

“Overall it was a good year. I’m still not happy with it. There are a lot of mistakes I made in my fights. So that’s why I’m always training hard and hopefully this year will start off good.”

As Karakhanyan pointed out, while he had an undefeated year, he feels he could have done better, especially in his last couple MMA fights.

“Last year two of my fights went to decision and I don’t like going to decision; I like finishing fights,” he said. “Being able to grind someone out is something good to have, but I’m always looking to finish.”

Karakhanyan’s goal of finishing fights doesn’t get any easier in his first fight of 2013 when he makes his Legacy FC debut against UFC vet Din Thomas on Friday in Allen, Texas, live on AXS TV.

“Din is a tough fighter and has fought everywhere against the best opponents, and while some people may say he’s old or this or that, but I’m going in there thinking I’m going to face the Din Thomas that was in the UFC and I’m going to come prepared,” said Karakhanyan.

“I’m ready and I’m not going to underestimate anyone and if I go in there and fight my fight, I can beat anyone in the world.”

After expanding his game last year getting into boxing, Karakhanyan told MMAWeekly.com that it wouldn’t surprise him if he crossed over into other combat sports in 2013.

“I did the boxing to focus on my hands, and I’d like to do more boxing fights, but I’d like to get into more Muay Thai and kickboxing,” he said. “The K-1 style rules fights are pretty exciting and I’m a big fan of a lot of the K-1 fighters.

“If I could do both MMA and kickboxing at the same time, that’d be perfect for me.”

At the end of the day, it’s still MMA that is the driving force for Karakhanyan. And having built himself into a solid contender the past couple of years, he feels where he ends up should be a top tier promotion both in terms of opposition and pay.

“To tell you the truth, I want to go where they can pay me what I’m worth,” he said. “I’m doing this because I love fighting, but at the end of the day, it’s the paycheck that counts because I’m doing this for a living.

“I want to go somewhere I’m worth something and I get to fight top-quality opponents. Whether it’s the UFC or any other organization, it’s fighting where I’m worth the most the counts.”

UFC Fight Night 71 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night 71 event in San Diego, several of the winning and losing fighters, took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out some read news >>

Tony Ferguson gets $50,000 bonus despite not finishing Josh Thomson

Finish? Tony Ferguson don't need no stinkin' finish. Ferguson dominated Josh Thomson, winning by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26) in the biggest fight of his career up to this point. The dest read news >>

Lawler, MacDonald and the “Fight of the Ever”

With both Lawler and MacDonald entering UFC 189 in the midst of three-fight winning streaks, the stage was set for the champion’s first title defense. A rematch of their UFC 167 battle, the results w read news >>

TUF 21 Finale reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC event, The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale in Las Vegas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Ch read news >>

TUF 21 Finale post-fight facts: Thompson's winning streak second best at welterweight

Sunday’s UFC event saw four fights end in the opening round due to strikes. Check out more post-fight facts to come out of The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Legacy FC 44 heads to Houston for Araujo vs. Morono

Legacy FC 44 will take the promotion back to Texas as the Houston Arena Theatre plays host to a card headlined by welterweights Valdir Araujo and Alex Morono.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

UFC 189 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 189 event in Las Vegas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those messages.Fil read news >>

Pic: Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald scorecard had 'Red King' winning title at UFC 189

Rory MacDonald was literally four minutes away from winning the welterweight title and returning it to Canada, according to the scorecards at last Saturday night's (July 11, 2015) UFC 189 pay-per-vie read news >>

Twitter reacts to Conor McGregor's title-winning knockout of Chad Mendes at UFC 189

Conor McGregor said he was going to knock out Chad Mendes at UFC 189, and that's exactly how it played out. "The Notorious" lived up to his word when he stopped "Money " with strikes in the second ro read news >>

UFC 189's Conor McGregor receives shoutout from Irish Grammy award-winning rock band U2

"Notorious" garners a little more support from his Irish brethren ahead of his UFC 189 interim featherweight title clash with Chad Mendes TONIGHT (Sat. July 11, 2015). If you thought having legions o read news >>