Georgi Karakhanyan2012 was a big year for former Bellator featherweight Georgi Karakhanyan. Not only did he win all three of his MMA bouts, raising his winning streak to six, but he also branched out a bit into other combat sports as well.

“Last year I made (and won) my pro boxing debut, so that was something that was different,” said Karakhanyan. “Then I defended my Tachi Palace Fights belt and then I got a call to fight in Dream, which was a very cool experience to go out there and fight (and defeat) Hiroyuki Takaya.

“Overall it was a good year. I’m still not happy with it. There are a lot of mistakes I made in my fights. So that’s why I’m always training hard and hopefully this year will start off good.”

As Karakhanyan pointed out, while he had an undefeated year, he feels he could have done better, especially in his last couple MMA fights.

“Last year two of my fights went to decision and I don’t like going to decision; I like finishing fights,” he said. “Being able to grind someone out is something good to have, but I’m always looking to finish.”

Karakhanyan’s goal of finishing fights doesn’t get any easier in his first fight of 2013 when he makes his Legacy FC debut against UFC vet Din Thomas on Friday in Allen, Texas, live on AXS TV.

“Din is a tough fighter and has fought everywhere against the best opponents, and while some people may say he’s old or this or that, but I’m going in there thinking I’m going to face the Din Thomas that was in the UFC and I’m going to come prepared,” said Karakhanyan.

“I’m ready and I’m not going to underestimate anyone and if I go in there and fight my fight, I can beat anyone in the world.”

After expanding his game last year getting into boxing, Karakhanyan told MMAWeekly.com that it wouldn’t surprise him if he crossed over into other combat sports in 2013.

“I did the boxing to focus on my hands, and I’d like to do more boxing fights, but I’d like to get into more Muay Thai and kickboxing,” he said. “The K-1 style rules fights are pretty exciting and I’m a big fan of a lot of the K-1 fighters.

“If I could do both MMA and kickboxing at the same time, that’d be perfect for me.”

At the end of the day, it’s still MMA that is the driving force for Karakhanyan. And having built himself into a solid contender the past couple of years, he feels where he ends up should be a top tier promotion both in terms of opposition and pay.

“To tell you the truth, I want to go where they can pay me what I’m worth,” he said. “I’m doing this because I love fighting, but at the end of the day, it’s the paycheck that counts because I’m doing this for a living.

“I want to go somewhere I’m worth something and I get to fight top-quality opponents. Whether it’s the UFC or any other organization, it’s fighting where I’m worth the most the counts.”

Knockout Radio Podcast: Tim Boetsch, Marcus Davis, Din Thomas, and Charles Rosa

Check out the Knockout Radio podcast featuring Tim Boetsch, Marcus Davis, Din Thomas, Charles Rosa, and Greg Hendrick, as well as the hottest topics in MMA news! read news >>

Twitter reacts to Cruz's title-winning victory over Dillashaw at UFC Fight Night 81

Dominick Cruz took back what was formerly his when he regained the UFC bantamweight title with a split decision win over T.J. Dillashaw at UFC Fight Night 81. Check out the top Twitter reactions to C read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Dominick Cruz Regains UFC Belt; What a Comeback!

Following Dominick Cruz winning back the UFC bantamweight title on Sunday, fighter took to Twitter with their reactions. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 81 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 81 event at Boston’s TD Garden, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to r read news >>

ONE Championship title holder Bibiano Fernandes insists 'no easy fights' despite unheralded foe

With a 10-fight winning streak to his name, Bibiano Fernandes is generally considered the top bantamweight in the world not currently competing in the UFC. So how does one go about avoiding a defeat read news >>

Legacy FC 50 results: 'Cyborg' returns from lengthy layoff with decision win

Fighting for the first time in 21 months, Evangelista Santos outstruck fellow veteran Artenas Young en route to a clearcut decision win.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

For Bryce Mitchell, Nothing Bad Can Come of WSOF Debut

Winning is always the goal, but undefeated Bryce Mitchell believes nothing bad can come from his WSOF debut on Saturday. read news >>

Al Iaquinta: I'll be unstoppable when I come back with two healthy knees

Al Iaquinta ended 2015 riding a four-fight winning streak. With things fully clicking in his UFC career, Iaquinta had to put things on hold to have damage to the articular cartilage in his knee.It is read news >>

Damacio Page vs. Matt Schnell title fight headlines Legacy FC 52

A flyweight title fight will headline March’s Legacy FC 52 event in Louisiana. Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Despite potential for more money, UFC on FOX 18's Rafael Natal won't talk trash

Rafael Natal is riding a three-fight winning streak and has a 6-2 mark since 2013. That puts him in a solid position in the UFC’s middleweight division, but he said he’s not willing to resort to Cono read news >>