Anderson Silva and Georges St-PierreA Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva match-up has been discussed ad nauseum for years.  Sometimes the biggest fights that can be made are between two fighters in different weight classes.

It’s happened before and St-Pierre was involved.  B.J. Penn put his lightweight title on hold to move up to face St-Pierre at for the welterweight championship at UFC 94.

A match-up with Anderson Silva has been something St-Pierre has considered.

“I have considered it, of course, but the thing is, right now, I’m focusing on one thing at a time, focusing on my knee.  Once my knee will be 100-percent, I will focus on getting back to my title,” said St-Pierre on Wednesday when asked about the possibility of facing Silva.

“When I get back to my title, depending on what’s going on, I might have to take another fight.  If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we’ll see one day in the near future what is going to happen.  Depending if I’m going to go up or if he’s going to come down, it’s too far away to think about it right now, but it’s something that could happen, of course,” said the injured welterweight titleholder.

The potential champion vs. champion match-up is something Dana White would love to promote, but a lot of things have to come together before then.

“Obviously it’s a fight that people have been talking about for a long time.  So like Georges said, first of all, he has to get healthy.  Then he’s got to fight (Carlos) Condit.  Anderson is fighting Chael (Sonnen), and then we’ll see where we go from there,” said White.

White stated that if the bout does eventually happen, St-Pierre would have to move up to the middleweight division or they’d have to meet at a catch-weight.

“I know that Anderson couldn’t make 170, so it would depend on Georges moving up, or those guys meet at a catch-weight or something like that,” White said.

“I want to put on big fights.  I want to put on fights the fans want to see.  I know how big that fight is,” continued the UFC president.  “Imagine if we did Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre anywhere in Canada, how big that fight would be.  Believe me, I’d love to do.  We’ll see what happens.”

Follow @JeffMMAWeekly on Twitter or e-mail Jeff Cain.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Dana White State of the UFC Video: Not for Sale, Anderson Silva Surgery, UFC 198, and More!

Dana White joined Colin Cowherd to breakdown all the fast moving UFC news, from the possible sale of the UFC, Anderson Silva's surgery, record crowds in Brazil, and more. read news >>

UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Odds, Predictions and Pre-Weigh-In Hype

Even with Anderson Silva's removal, UFC 198 is shaping up to be a massive show, and everything will build to Fabricio Werdum's UFC Heavyweight Championship defense against Stipe Miocic. Yahoo Sports' read news >>

UFC Sale Rumors: Would the UFC Improve Without Dana White and the Fertittas?

On Tuesday night, ESPN that the UFC is in advanced talks to sell the promotion, hiring investment bank Goldman Sachs to represent it in discussions with at least four groups that have bid on an acqui read news >>

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan? Dana Isn’t Too Into That

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan? No thanks, says Dana. Jay Glazer, though? All day long. read news >>

UFC Issues Statement on Anderson Silva’s Surgery and UFC 198 Withdrawal

UFC issues official statement on Anderson Silva surgery and removal from Saturday's UFC 198 fight card. read news >>

Dana White Hopes Ronda Rousey Returns This Year, but Sounds Uncertain

UFC president Dana White hopes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey returns to the cage this year, but the possibility is up in the air. read news >>

Dana White Calls Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor Fight 'Impossible'

UFC President Dana White thinks a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight is impractical. White said on ESPN Radio's Russillo & Kanell that the reason he doesn't see the 49-0 Mayweather taking on t read news >>

Dana White Comments on UFC Owners' Pursuit of Purchasing NFL Team

UFC President Dana White denied a Tuesday report from ESPN.com's Darren Rovell suggesting the promotion's majority owners, Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta of Zuffa, are looking to sell the business, but h read news >>

Dana White Lookin’ for a Fight, Episode 5: Their First Rodeo

Dana White, Matt Serra and Nick "The Tooth" head to Houston, Texas for a trip like no other. The guys attempt to cowboy up on horseback and then upgrade to bull riding. read news >>

Anderson Silva is Recovering from Surgery, Posts Photo of the Aftermath

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva revealed a photo of the aftermath of the gallbladder surgery that forced him out of UFC 198. read news >>