Anderson Silva and Georges St-PierreA Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva match-up has been discussed ad nauseum for years.  Sometimes the biggest fights that can be made are between two fighters in different weight classes.

It’s happened before and St-Pierre was involved.  B.J. Penn put his lightweight title on hold to move up to face St-Pierre at for the welterweight championship at UFC 94.

A match-up with Anderson Silva has been something St-Pierre has considered.

“I have considered it, of course, but the thing is, right now, I’m focusing on one thing at a time, focusing on my knee.  Once my knee will be 100-percent, I will focus on getting back to my title,” said St-Pierre on Wednesday when asked about the possibility of facing Silva.

“When I get back to my title, depending on what’s going on, I might have to take another fight.  If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we’ll see one day in the near future what is going to happen.  Depending if I’m going to go up or if he’s going to come down, it’s too far away to think about it right now, but it’s something that could happen, of course,” said the injured welterweight titleholder.

The potential champion vs. champion match-up is something Dana White would love to promote, but a lot of things have to come together before then.

“Obviously it’s a fight that people have been talking about for a long time.  So like Georges said, first of all, he has to get healthy.  Then he’s got to fight (Carlos) Condit.  Anderson is fighting Chael (Sonnen), and then we’ll see where we go from there,” said White.

White stated that if the bout does eventually happen, St-Pierre would have to move up to the middleweight division or they’d have to meet at a catch-weight.

“I know that Anderson couldn’t make 170, so it would depend on Georges moving up, or those guys meet at a catch-weight or something like that,” White said.

“I want to put on big fights.  I want to put on fights the fans want to see.  I know how big that fight is,” continued the UFC president.  “Imagine if we did Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre anywhere in Canada, how big that fight would be.  Believe me, I’d love to do.  We’ll see what happens.”

Follow @JeffMMAWeekly on Twitter or e-mail Jeff Cain.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow on Twitter and Facebook.

Dana White Shoots Down Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva Rumor |

Dana White continues to doubt Georges St-Pierre's desire to return, shooting down rumors of a St-Pierre fight against Anderson Silva. read news >>

Dana White responds to rumors of Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre at UFC 206

Could Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre finally happen? read news >>

Dana White Talks About Anderson Silva Being 'Mistreated'

Dana White believes Anderson Silva's recent comments on being disrespected by the UFC are ridiculous.Following Jose Aldo, MMA legend Anderson Silva has become the latest Brazilian fighter to ope read news >>

Anderson Silva backing down from recent criticism of UFC, offers brief apology to Dana White

As far as apologies go, Anderson Silva’s wasn’t exactly a major one. But a sorry is a sorry, and “The Spider” certainly took a step back from recent comments that were critical of the UFC. Filed unde read news >>

Anderson Silva Apologizes, Dana White Accepts |

• a day ago

Thank goodness we have TMZ to bring Anderson Silva and Dana White together, keeping the MMA world in harmony. read news >>

Despite White's comments, Anthony Johnson never considered Jon Jones matchup realistic

• a day ago

Anthony Johnson was as puzzled as anyone when UFC President Dana White said that instead of giving “Rumble” a title shot against light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier in his next fight, he wanted read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg Would Be the Biggest PPV in UFC History |

UFC president Dana White says a fight between Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg will eventually happen and will be the biggest pay-per-view in UFC history. read news >>

Dana White: Rousey vs. Cyborg will happen and it will be the biggest card ever

Dana White promises Rousey vs. Cyborg is going to happen. read news >>

Dana White says Nick Diaz ready and 'wants to fight' - but hasn't he always?

According to UFC President Dana White, Nick Diaz is 'ready to go again', and wants to have his comeback fightsoon.Fan favorite Nick Diaz has been out since early 2015 due to a much publiciz read news >>

UFC champ Jonna Jedrzejczyk throws some ridiculous elbows in training, draws classic response from Dana White

We never want to be on the receiving end of one of these elbows. read news >>