Anderson Silva and Georges St-PierreA Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva match-up has been discussed ad nauseum for years.  Sometimes the biggest fights that can be made are between two fighters in different weight classes.

It’s happened before and St-Pierre was involved.  B.J. Penn put his lightweight title on hold to move up to face St-Pierre at for the welterweight championship at UFC 94.

A match-up with Anderson Silva has been something St-Pierre has considered.

“I have considered it, of course, but the thing is, right now, I’m focusing on one thing at a time, focusing on my knee.  Once my knee will be 100-percent, I will focus on getting back to my title,” said St-Pierre on Wednesday when asked about the possibility of facing Silva.

“When I get back to my title, depending on what’s going on, I might have to take another fight.  If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we’ll see one day in the near future what is going to happen.  Depending if I’m going to go up or if he’s going to come down, it’s too far away to think about it right now, but it’s something that could happen, of course,” said the injured welterweight titleholder.

The potential champion vs. champion match-up is something Dana White would love to promote, but a lot of things have to come together before then.

“Obviously it’s a fight that people have been talking about for a long time.  So like Georges said, first of all, he has to get healthy.  Then he’s got to fight (Carlos) Condit.  Anderson is fighting Chael (Sonnen), and then we’ll see where we go from there,” said White.

White stated that if the bout does eventually happen, St-Pierre would have to move up to the middleweight division or they’d have to meet at a catch-weight.

“I know that Anderson couldn’t make 170, so it would depend on Georges moving up, or those guys meet at a catch-weight or something like that,” White said.

“I want to put on big fights.  I want to put on fights the fans want to see.  I know how big that fight is,” continued the UFC president.  “Imagine if we did Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre anywhere in Canada, how big that fight would be.  Believe me, I’d love to do.  We’ll see what happens.”

Follow @JeffMMAWeekly on Twitter or e-mail Jeff Cain.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Is Ronda Rousey Pregnant? Dana White Squashes the Rumor

UFC president Dana White's job is never ending and never the same. Thursday night, he spent his time squashing a Ronda Rousey pregnancy rumor. read news >>

Dana White Video: UFC Sale ‘Kind of Bugged Me Out a Little Bit’

The sale of the company he helped build, has UFC president Dana White "kind of bugged out." read news >>

Video: Dana White Gives His Immediate Reaction, Breaks Down UFC 201

Dana White gave his immediate reaction to UFC 201, a card that saw Tyron Woodley take out Robbie Lawler in the first round to win the 170-pound title. read news >>

Dana White 'Would Love' Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz in Poland

Karolina Kowalkiewicz all but assured her title shot with a split-decision victory over Rose Namajunas at UFC 201. Kowalkiewicz entered as the No. 5-ranked strawweight with Namajunas holding the No. read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold Believes an Anderson Silva Beatdown Puts Him Back at the Top

Luke Rockhold wants to get the UFC middleweight belt back, and he believes that a beatdown of Anderson Silva would put him right back in the thick of things. read news >>

Devin Powell Intends to Impress Dana White, Who is Looking for a Fight

Devin Powell won't say Friday night's NEF fight is now or never, but knows he needs to impress UFC president Dana White, who will be in the audience. read news >>

Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fight Picked Up by Netflix

Dana White: Lookin' for a Fight was originally available on UFC Fight Pass and YouTube, but will soon be available on Netflix to its 83 million subscribers. read news >>

Conor McGregor was Happy for Jose Aldo’s Victory, but Undecided if He’s Next (UFC 202 Video)

Dana White has said that, win or lose, featherweight champion Conor McGregor is going to defend his belt next. McGregor, however, isn't nearly as certain. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor Will Defend 145-Pound Title, Stephen Thompson Gets Welterweight Title Shot

UFC president Dana White expects Conor McGregor to defend his featherweight title after his UFC 202 rematch against Nate Diaz. read news >>

Conor McGregor Non-Committal on Featherweight Defense, Wants NY or Dublin

Despite Dana White continuing to say that he expects Conor McGregor to defend his featherweight title next, McGregor hasn't yet committed to such a fight. read news >>