Georges St-Pierre 4336 UFC 94-478x270UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is used to having opponents try to get under his skin leading up to fights.

His rivalry with B.J. Penn comes to mind, as well as the two fights with Matt Serra, and who can forget the smack talk by Josh Koscheck leading up to their UFC 124 showdown?

St-Pierre takes on Nick Diaz in the UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz main event, and the war of words got heated on a recent media conference call between the two.

Diaz referred to St-Pierre as “pampered.” He has accused the champion of point fighting.  Following his UFC 137 win over B.J. Penn, Diaz called St-Pierre’s knee injury into question and accused the titleholder of being “scared.”

Diaz stated, “I don’t think Georges is hurt.  I think he’s scared.  Where you at Georges?”  But it all just rolls off St-Pierre’s back.

“Well it’s not the first time that the opponent, the guy that I’m fighting, tried to get in my head. I’ve fought many people before that, that disrespect me and for me it’s another fight and I’m trying very hard to be ready for the fight and I don’t focus on that,” he said.

St-Pierre requested the fight with Diaz, who is coming off a suspension and a loss to Carlos Condit in his last outing.  Diaz has been calling for a fight with St-Pierre for quite some time.  The rivalry will be settled at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Words will not be a factor when the Octagon door closes behind them on March 16. While the media and fans may be focused on the pre-fight banter, St-Pierre is only concerned with what variables he can control.

“I focus on things that I do control,” said St-Pierre. “I don’t focus on things that people are saying about me. I focus only on myself and what I’m going to do.”

Be sure to Like on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

NSAC suspends Nick Diaz five years, $165k fine

The Nevada State Athletic Commission today handed down its harshest punishment on a fighter to date, suspending Nick Diaz for five years following his positive UFC 183 marijuana test.Filed under: Fea read news >>

Pro fighters react to Nick Diaz's suspension by the NAC

The NAC's five-year suspension of Nick Diaz surprised the MMA world. Check out their reaction below. 5years for smoking a natural plant.. Then all the juice heads get a slap on the wrist. #seriousbro read news >>

VIDEO: Nick Diaz Pleads 5th Amendment Over UFC 183 Drug Test Positive for Marijuana

UFC fighter Nick Diaz went before the Nevada Athletic Commission on Monday to address positive drug test results for marijuana metabolites at UFC 183. read news >>

Nick Diaz suspended five years for failed UFC 183 drug test

In a shocking decision, the Nevada Athletic Commission voted Monday to place Nick Diaz on a five-year suspension for a failed UFC 183 drug test for marijuana metabolites. The verdict was passed unani read news >>

Nick Diaz fined $165,000, suspended five years by NSAC for UFC 183 positive drug test

Team Diaz, however, is likely to appeal. Might wanna pump the brakes on that Anderson Silva rematch. Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) summoned Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight read news >>

Diaz suspended 5 years for marijuana use at UFC 183

The NAC hands Nick Diaz a suspension of 5 years as well as 33% of his $500,000 purse, in a heated disciplinary meeting. In a lengthy NAC hearing that spanned over three hours, Nick Diaz was handed a read news >>

Rick Hawn Reigniting the Fire Heading into Titan FC Title Challenge

Rick Hawn knows that there's title on the line at Titan FC 35 on Saturday, but he wants more than a belt, he wants and impressive finish. read news >>

NAC hearing for Nick Diaz and Rousimar Palhares live discussion & updates

The Nevada Athletic Commission will be live on Fight Pass today at 12 PM ET to address the drug test failure of Nick Diaz, as well as Rousimar Palhares' latest submission holding controversy. Christm read news >>

Lawyer for Nick Diaz wants deputy attorney general ousted from NAC drug test hearing

The ongoing saga between Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight Nick Diaz has appeared to hit a new snag. In case you've been living under a rock, 209' read news >>

Nick Diaz's attorney could make motion for Nevada deputy attorney general to remove himself from case

Proceedings could get messy at Nick Diaz's disciplinary hearing with the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) on Monday. Diaz's attorney Lucas Middlebrook told MMA Fighting that he could make a motion fo read news >>