George Roop has lost two straight in the UFC, but he’s not worried about getting cut ahead of his March 16 matchup against Reuben Duran at UFC 158.

“That stuff doesn’t even play a factor with me,” Roop told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show on Monday. “I want to kick this guy’s ass. I want to make him bleed. I want to make him hurt. That’s always been my ideal when I step into the cage. … But I can guarantee you, if [UFC matchmaker] Sean Shelby has me on that [cut] list, he might as well just take me off right now.”

Roop dropped a debatable split decision to Hatsu Hioki in October 2011, but then in January 2012 Cub Swanson finished him via second-round TKO. He has not fought since.

“It’s motivating me to elevate my game,” Roop said of his back-to-back defeats. “I’ve made a lot of good changes. Well, not even changes. I haven’t been training for a long time. I was only training about a year and a half before I even went on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ show. I’ve just elevated my game. I’ve added a lot more tools to my toolbox. I’m ready to take it to Reuben Duran. He doesn’t stand a chance when he steps in there with me.”

Roop wasn’t lacking confidence in his “Beatdown” interview. After studying film of Duran, he didn’t come away worried about his upcoming opponent.

“Let’s not try to downplay it,” Roop said. “He hasn’t fought anybody nearly as good as I have. I’m not impressed by Reuben Duran. I know they call him ‘The Hurricane.’ He’s not even a Category 1. He’s not even a tropical storm as far as I’m concerned. We have monsoons that rain harder here in Arizona.”

The 29-year-old Duran is 1-2 in the UFC. He submitted Francisco Rivera with a rear-naked choke at “The Ultimate Fighter 13” Finale, but he’s coming off a knockout loss to Hugo Viana at “The Ultimate Fighter 16” Finale. Roop hopes to hand him another defeat while securing his own job in the UFC.

“I feel like my whole career has pretty much been in the UFC,” Roop said. “I’ve developed in the UFC. The UFC has given me a platform. I’m very grateful for the UFC. They could have released me and everything. I’m grateful I’m still around, but it doesn’t make a difference. I’m going to fight no matter what. I’m going to show up and I’m going to whoop that ass.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:32:58).

UFC 189 Video: Dustin Poirier advises Chad Mendes on how to fight Conor McGregor

Dustin Poirier lost to Conor McGregor a year ago. Now he has some serious advice for Chad Mendes. read news >>

Lawler vs. MacDonald 2: Odds, Comments and Predictions for UFC 189

Lost in all the buzz surrounding UFC 189's main event between Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes is an epic co-main event between Rory MacDonald and Robbie Lawler. Usually the term co-main event is a bit read news >>

UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor Fight Card, TV Info, Predictions and More

The main event at UFC 189 lost one of its stars, but the replacement could provide an even better bout. A rib injury forced Jose Aldo out of his grudge match with "The Notorious" Conor McGregor. Chad read news >>

Claudia Gadelha teases Jedrzejczyk on Twitter: 'You know you lost to me'

Claudia Gadelha fires at Joanna Jedrzejczyk on Twitter ahead of her number one contender match against Jessica Agular at UFC 190. Strawweight contender Claudia Gadelha, has a very decisive bout comin read news >>

Jessica Aguilar plans to expose weaknesses in Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s ‘one-dimensional’ game

Former WSOF champ is not overly impressed with UFC champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s ‘one-dimensional’ skill set. Although Jessica Aguilar will have her hands full with a substantial obstacle in the form of read news >>

UFC 189: Who's on the Hot Seat in Las Vegas This Weekend?

Although UFC 189 lost Jose Aldo, it remains an outstanding event that is filled with big names. Some of those noteworthy individuals will be competing for UFC gold. With Aldo out, Conor McGregor will read news >>

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury set for October 24th in German soccer stadium

Wladimir Klitschko hasn't lost in 11 years, but is England's Tyson Fury the man to dethrone the heavyweight king? We'll find out this October. Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53 KOs) has nearly every major read news >>

Mike Dolce on IV ban: 'Someone would die because of that'

Add Mike Dolce's voice to those significantly worried about the implementation of an IV ban on UFC fighters. The UFC has some interesting days ahead when it comes to policy implementation. It's still read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Luke Rockhold is not impressed with your analysis of Yoel Romero

"Yoel is growing and getting better, but he's running short on time to get as good as he needs to be to beat me and Weidman. Obviously, he's a dangerous guy, and as freak of an athlete as he is -- I read news >>

Despite loss of Aldo vs McGregor, Dana White expects record-setting $7M gate for UFC 189

UFC 189 might have lost it's big headliner, but will still be the most profitable live event on US soil in promotion history, according to the UFC president. When it comes to promoting and marketing read news >>