George Roop has lost two straight in the UFC, but he’s not worried about getting cut ahead of his March 16 matchup against Reuben Duran at UFC 158.

“That stuff doesn’t even play a factor with me,” Roop told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show on Monday. “I want to kick this guy’s ass. I want to make him bleed. I want to make him hurt. That’s always been my ideal when I step into the cage. … But I can guarantee you, if [UFC matchmaker] Sean Shelby has me on that [cut] list, he might as well just take me off right now.”

Roop dropped a debatable split decision to Hatsu Hioki in October 2011, but then in January 2012 Cub Swanson finished him via second-round TKO. He has not fought since.

“It’s motivating me to elevate my game,” Roop said of his back-to-back defeats. “I’ve made a lot of good changes. Well, not even changes. I haven’t been training for a long time. I was only training about a year and a half before I even went on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ show. I’ve just elevated my game. I’ve added a lot more tools to my toolbox. I’m ready to take it to Reuben Duran. He doesn’t stand a chance when he steps in there with me.”

Roop wasn’t lacking confidence in his “Beatdown” interview. After studying film of Duran, he didn’t come away worried about his upcoming opponent.

“Let’s not try to downplay it,” Roop said. “He hasn’t fought anybody nearly as good as I have. I’m not impressed by Reuben Duran. I know they call him ‘The Hurricane.’ He’s not even a Category 1. He’s not even a tropical storm as far as I’m concerned. We have monsoons that rain harder here in Arizona.”

The 29-year-old Duran is 1-2 in the UFC. He submitted Francisco Rivera with a rear-naked choke at “The Ultimate Fighter 13” Finale, but he’s coming off a knockout loss to Hugo Viana at “The Ultimate Fighter 16” Finale. Roop hopes to hand him another defeat while securing his own job in the UFC.

“I feel like my whole career has pretty much been in the UFC,” Roop said. “I’ve developed in the UFC. The UFC has given me a platform. I’m very grateful for the UFC. They could have released me and everything. I’m grateful I’m still around, but it doesn’t make a difference. I’m going to fight no matter what. I’m going to show up and I’m going to whoop that ass.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:32:58).

Daniel Cormier worried UFC 206 will get lost without Georges St-Pierre

Daniel Cormier has a financial investment in Georges St-Pierre fighting again read news >>

Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos not worried about travel adjustments ahead of UFC Fight Night 96

Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos is a finisher. With 14 finishes in 15 career victories, he’s planning to score another knockout when he faces Keita Nakamura at UFC Fight Night 96.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping: Don't Call UFC 204 Bout with Dan Henderson a Rematch (video) |

Michael Bisping explains why, despite having lost to Dan Henderson once before, he doesn't consider their UFC 204 headliner a rematch. read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Worried About Vitor Belfort... and That's a Good Thing |

Gegard Mousasi is worried about Vitor Belfort heading into Saturday's UFC 204 co-main event in Manchester, England... and that's a good thing. read news >>

Tonight's Justin Gaethje vs. Ozzy Dugulubgov WSOF 33 headliner canceled

Tonight’s WSOF 33 event has lost its championship headliner.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Iuri Alcantara not worried about Brad Pickett's 17-4 home country advantage at UFC 204 in England

Brad Pickett has a thing about fighting in his home country of England, apparently. The Londoner is 17-4 at home – and 8-7 anywhere else in the world over a nearly 12-year pro career. Filed under: Ne read news >>

Hisaki Kato Not Worried About AJ Matthews at Bellator 162 |

Hisaki Kato seeks to keep his winning ways going when he faces AJ Matthews in a main card 185-pound bout at Bellator 162 on Friday in Memphis. read news >>

Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum Announced for UFC 207: Comments, Reaction

Cain Velasquez lost to Fabricio Werdum by third-round submission at UFC 188 in June 2015, but the promotion announced Thursday that the 34-year-old will have a shot at redemption. According to the Lo read news >>

UFC Belfast: Gegard Mousasi Set to Rematch Uriah Hall in New Headliner

UFC Fight Night 99 has lost its main event as Gunnar Nelson has withdrawn from the card due to injury.Gunnar Nelson has had to pull out of yet another big time fight this time practically in his own read news >>

Eddie Alvarez: 'Conor McGregor is just a guy with a left hand'

Don't count UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez among those impressed with Conor McGregor'sabilities inside the OctagonUFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, the mixed martial arts comm read news >>