forrest griffinThe always-charismatic Forrest Griffin hasn’t had much to do with the media since his first round loss to Anderson Silva, but he recently gave a glimpse into his current status.

The former Light-Heavyweight Champion sat down for an interview this week with and discussed everything from his new marriage to why he ran from the cage after his loss to “The Spider”.

Initial interviews with Griffin after his UFC 101 loss, were candidly explained away with him saying he must have been on Quaaludes during the fight with Silva. However he offered a little more insight into what went wrong recently, explaining, “I don’t know. I’m going to guess everything. You know where I made my biggest mistake was saying I would fight that guy. That’s definitely the first mistake I made and the biggest.

“I’m not really sure I showed up to fight him. Maybe I thought he was so good that I didn’t have to fight him.”

Perhaps receiving the most criticism was his after fight antics, when Forrest didn’t wait for the official announcement of Silva’s win, and ran out of the arena. Forrest answered his critics the only way Forrest can, “That’s dumb. Those people are idiots. Why? Nobody cares. I mean, I don’t think the losers were going to speak that night anyway, you know. Just get on with the next fight already.

“This guy actually asked me a good question the other day, and this is a real story and I really like it: first off, he was very confrontational; I didn’t like him much to begin with, and he goes, ‘Hey, man, I have to know,’ because it’s his business to know, ‘why did you run out of the cage that night after the Silva fight?’ And I said, ‘Look, man, I haven’t told anybody, let’s keep this on the down low, but the truth is your mom was waiting for me in the back to suck my d***, and you know how good of a b*** j** your mom gives, so I didn’t want to be late for that sh**.’ And that’s pretty much the answer I give. I like that answer, so I’ll give that answer to everyone.”

When asked if the gentleman was a fan or member of the media, Forrest responded, “I don’t know. I bet he’s not a fan anymore, but I tell ya, I’m a fan of his mom’s b*** j***. That’s the important thing, and that’s what I want to come across in your story. If anybody asks me that question, that’s my answer.”

The newly married former champion, doesn’t have plans of returning to the Octagon anytime soon but ended his interview hinting at a possible January return, “You know, it’s hard for me to think about a fight when I’m on vacation or my honeymoon, so I was kind of hoping they would leave me alone until around Oct. 12. You know, when you are actually doing something about your next fight. You know, there’s that Jan. 2 card that looks kind of appealing to me.”

Daniel Straus Won the Bellator Belt with a Clipped Wing

Daniel Straus finally got a victory of Patricio "Pitbull" Freire and recaptured the Bellator belt, but it wasn't without a price. read news >>

Tim Kennedy interested in fight with 'fatter/slower' Vitor Belfort

UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy hasn’t fought in 14 months and has said he might hang up his MMA gloves while also vowing to return to “smash” PED users. Today, he seems to prefer the latter.Filed under read news >>

Thomas Almeida hosts coming out party in hometown of Sao Paulo

Antonio “Minotauro” Nogueira, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo ... Brazilian fans are not lacking in UFC superstars. In the wee hours of Sunday morning at the Ibirapuera Gymnasium, Thomas Almeida, another c read news >>

UFC 197 Confirmed for Rio in March; Could Anderson Silva Make the Card?

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced on Saturday that UFC 197 will take place in Rio de Janeiro in March. Could Anderson Silva make his return there? read news >>

UFC Brazil exec: Ex-champ Anderson Silva wants to fight in Brazil upon return

SAO PAULO – The UFC’s point man in Brazil believes ex-middleweight champ Anderson Silva has a hankering to fight again on home soil. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Freire vs. Straus 3

Daniel Straus finally got it right. On Friday night in St. Louis, Missouri at Bellator 145, Straus defeated long-time nemesis and reigning featherweight champion Patricio "Pitbull" Freire via unanimo read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: On aging UFC headliners and brotherly Bellator scraps

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, what’s the best reason for staying up late to watch Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson fight a third time? And, hold up, did two Bellator fighters really attack a third B read news >>

UFC champ Daniel Cormier reveals PPV buy totals, predicts Jon Jones rematch

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier said, at 36, he’s been around long enough to know what’s hot and what’s not.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Queen Ronda Rousey Reveals the Secret to Great Sex

Ronda Rousey is more than just the "world's most dominant athlete", a stone-cold babe, and a budding action star who will reprise Patrick Swayze' read news >>

Ronda Rousey Reveals Her Biggest No-No When It Comes to the Bedroom

When Ronda Rousey graciously decides to open up about her sex life and dole out love-life tips, the world listens. The MMA superstar did a Q&A session with Maxim and fielded questions ranging from wh read news >>