forrest griffinThe always-charismatic Forrest Griffin hasn’t had much to do with the media since his first round loss to Anderson Silva, but he recently gave a glimpse into his current status.

The former Light-Heavyweight Champion sat down for an interview this week with MMAFanhouse.com and discussed everything from his new marriage to why he ran from the cage after his loss to “The Spider”.

Initial interviews with Griffin after his UFC 101 loss, were candidly explained away with him saying he must have been on Quaaludes during the fight with Silva. However he offered a little more insight into what went wrong recently, explaining, “I don’t know. I’m going to guess everything. You know where I made my biggest mistake was saying I would fight that guy. That’s definitely the first mistake I made and the biggest.

“I’m not really sure I showed up to fight him. Maybe I thought he was so good that I didn’t have to fight him.”

Perhaps receiving the most criticism was his after fight antics, when Forrest didn’t wait for the official announcement of Silva’s win, and ran out of the arena. Forrest answered his critics the only way Forrest can, “That’s dumb. Those people are idiots. Why? Nobody cares. I mean, I don’t think the losers were going to speak that night anyway, you know. Just get on with the next fight already.

“This guy actually asked me a good question the other day, and this is a real story and I really like it: first off, he was very confrontational; I didn’t like him much to begin with, and he goes, ‘Hey, man, I have to know,’ because it’s his business to know, ‘why did you run out of the cage that night after the Silva fight?’ And I said, ‘Look, man, I haven’t told anybody, let’s keep this on the down low, but the truth is your mom was waiting for me in the back to suck my d***, and you know how good of a b*** j** your mom gives, so I didn’t want to be late for that sh**.’ And that’s pretty much the answer I give. I like that answer, so I’ll give that answer to everyone.”

When asked if the gentleman was a fan or member of the media, Forrest responded, “I don’t know. I bet he’s not a fan anymore, but I tell ya, I’m a fan of his mom’s b*** j***. That’s the important thing, and that’s what I want to come across in your story. If anybody asks me that question, that’s my answer.”

The newly married former champion, doesn’t have plans of returning to the Octagon anytime soon but ended his interview hinting at a possible January return, “You know, it’s hard for me to think about a fight when I’m on vacation or my honeymoon, so I was kind of hoping they would leave me alone until around Oct. 12. You know, when you are actually doing something about your next fight. You know, there’s that Jan. 2 card that looks kind of appealing to me.”

Michael Bisping: Fighting Anderson Silva not the burning issue it once was

Still, "The Count" says he wouldn't mind stepping into the cage against someone he once considered a hero despite "The Spider's" recent fall. Despite his constant pleas of innocence, former Ultimate read news >>

Should Jon Jones Receive Immediate Title Shot Upon His Return?

UFC 187 is finally upon us—it's fight week. The UFC Light Heavyweight Championship is up for grabs, but the man who became the most dominant champion in the division's history is not defending it. By read news >>

Anderson Silva: 'I'm just tired of hearing lies and false accusations'

Anderson Silva’s legacy took a significant hit when the UFC middleweight legend failed multiple drug tests surrounding his UFC 183 win over Nick Diaz. But the champion is firing back at some of his c read news >>

Anderson Silva Has Life Advice for Jon Jones Because Why Not

Anderson Silva has some thoughts on what he think Jon Jones should do with his life. read news >>

UFC-Reebok Deal: Who Wins, Who Loses on UFC's New Uniform Policy?

Last week, UFC fighters and managers finally received firm numbers regarding the promotion's upcoming Reebok-helmed uniform deal. The response? Outrage. For those who missed it, the breakdown is thus read news >>

Lawsuit against Rampage Jackson finally settled

It was almost seven years ago when mixed martial arts (MMA) and boxing trainer Juanito Ibarra had a falling out with former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Quinton Jac read news >>

UFC Fight Night 67 results: Charles Oliveira finally chokes out Nik Lentz in third

GOIANIA, Brazil – It took almost four years for Nik Lentz and Charles Oliveira to get their rematch, but the action in the cage lived up to the wait.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Nick Diaz wants a rematch with Anderson Silva outside the UFC's 'dog cage'

UFC 183 was a disappointment for Nick Diaz on a number of levels. Now, he would like another crack at Anderson Silva – under PRIDE rules.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Urijah Faber: A Full Head-to-Toe Breakdown

After a long wait, the UFC finally comes to the Philippines, and it brings one of the best main events of the year for UFC Fight Night 66. No. 2-ranked featherweight contender Frankie Edgar takes on read news >>

Video: Anderson Silva tells Jon Jones to change 'everything' in his life, not return to UFC anytime soon

Jon Jones is in the midst of "soul-searching" after being arrested last month on felony hit-and-run charges in Albuquerque, N.M., and stripped of his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) world title read news >>