Having lost two fights in a row for the first time in his career, former Sengoku star Yasubey Enomoto felt a sense of urgency entering last weekend’s M-1 Global event against former promotional middleweight champion Rafal Moks.

“This win was very important for me to shake off my last two losses,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “Although I won, I didn’t like the fact that I was unable to secure a knockout or lock on a submission.”

Throughout much of the fight, Moks was able to take Enomoto down, but was unable to capitalize on the position. Repeatedly, Enomoto suppressed Moks while conversely landing his own damage.

“I was prepared for all situations, but my timing and distance when we were standing up was not good; that’s why he was able to take me down so many times,” said Enomoto.

“On the ground, he was only trying to pass my guard without punching me or go for a submission, that’s why I fought off my back and looked to hit him with shots.”

Enomoto was able to take the split-decision because even though he was on his back more often, he was the one who was controlling the fight.

“I think the judges made the right decision,” said Enomoto. “I inflicted more damage standing up and on the ground, Moks got a couple takedowns and that’s it. He didn’t do anything to keep the fight flowing or to finish the fight.

“I was much more active and aggressive; I was looking for the knockout, submission, or an opportunity to pound him out. So I think I did enough to win the fight, but it does not mean I was happy with my performance overall.”

Having faced a current and former title holder in M-1 Global and given a very good accounting for himself in both fights, Enomoto feels he’s cemented a spot as one of the promotion’s top contenders.

“I think I can fight anybody that M-1 can give me as an opponent,” he said. “I never thought I couldn’t handle what either presented in terms of competition. I think I’m proving I’m for real and look forward to what comes next.”

As for what is next, Enomoto hopes to face Zamil Zavurov once again and come out the victor in the rematch.

“My goal for 2011 is to fight for the M-1 welterweight title again and this time make sure I put it around my waist,” he said. “Also I want to fight the best I can and become one of the sport’s greatest fighters. I want to continue to improve.”

Having shown great persistence both in getting back on track and in the process of doing so, Enomoto continues to prove himself as a fighter to watch in the coming years.

“I’d like to say that I have so much more to offer the fans that I showed in my last two fights,” he concluded. “Thank you for everyone’s support and I can’t wait to return to action and put on great fights.”

UFC 189 Fight Card: Odds, Projected Winner for Mendes vs. McGregor, Top Fights

Saturday night in Las Vegas, the hottest fighter in MMA will climb into the cage to face one of the elite fighters in his division as Conor McGregor battles Chad Mendes for the interim featherweight read news >>

UFC 189 weigh-in video

At the UFC 189 weigh-ins, all 22 fighters taking part in Saturday night's UFC 189 fights will step on the scale Friday evening, and we'll have the live video here at MMAFighting.com.In the main event read news >>

Lawler vs. MacDonald 2: Odds, Comments and Predictions for UFC 189

Lost in all the buzz surrounding UFC 189's main event between Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes is an epic co-main event between Rory MacDonald and Robbie Lawler. Usually the term co-main event is a bit read news >>

UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor Fight Card, TV Info, Predictions and More

The main event at UFC 189 lost one of its stars, but the replacement could provide an even better bout. A rib injury forced Jose Aldo out of his grudge match with "The Notorious" Conor McGregor. Chad read news >>

Invicta FC 13 live results

LAS VEGAS – Invicta FC returns tonight with three title fights at the top of the bill in Las Vegas during “International Fight Week.” Get live results inside. Filed under: News read news >>

Invicta FC 13 Preview

Three title fights on a Thursday??? Without a doubt, the luckiest people in Las Vegas this week will be those in attendance for Invicta FC 13’s outrageous card featuring three belts up for grabs. Unl read news >>

UFC 189 Conor McGregor vs. Chad Mendes Matchup Odds and Betting Preview

UFC 189 features two championship fights on Saturday in Las Vegas, but one of them will be for an interim title, as No. 3 featherweight contender Conor McGregor takes on No. 1 Chad Mendes as a solid read news >>

Invicta FC 13 weigh-in video

At the Invicta FC 13 weigh-ins, all 18 fighters taking part in Friday night's Invicta FC 13 fights will step on the scale Thursday evening, and we'll have the live video here at MMAFighting.com.In th read news >>

Claudia Gadelha teases Jedrzejczyk on Twitter: 'You know you lost to me'

Claudia Gadelha fires at Joanna Jedrzejczyk on Twitter ahead of her number one contender match against Jessica Agular at UFC 190. Strawweight contender Claudia Gadelha, has a very decisive bout comin read news >>

List of MMA fighters who have pulled out of the most fights

Take a look at the fighters most notorious for pulling out of fights. Mixed Martial Arts is a sport often plagued with injuries. In a world where the top athletes sharpen and hone their craft with pu read news >>